Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785088 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rhemmie91: 11:57am On May 06, 2016
pepe4reps:

pls what's the benchmark score that I need before I can be giving a fund waiver for my masters in economics

It really depends on the school and department. I dont think just your Gre scores would be considered, it'll be your entire application.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rhemmie91: 11:59am On May 06, 2016
Fortissimo:
rhemmie91 I think I know you! Congrats. Cutemorgan, Emma check una PMs.
Really?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rhemmie91: 12:02pm On May 06, 2016
Dapsey66:
guy they approved my visa at around 10:15 am. Shortest interview. About 45 seconds. Driving now. Post transcript soon.

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NairaSea23: 12:04pm On May 06, 2016
Dapsey66:
guy they approved my visa at around 10:15 am. Shortest interview. About 45 seconds. Driving now. Post transcript soon.

Congrats @Dapsey66. So happy for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by haywire1: 12:08pm On May 06, 2016
Walspring:

295 or 300 for Gtbank

Long tym bro, hw u doing and hw service?

#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 12:16pm On May 06, 2016
Dapsey don collect visa o....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 06, 2016
BloodyMitch:
Please whats the new exchange rate for using bank cards, like GTB, First Bank, Acess Bank?.

Thank you.
stanbic 295
Gtb 299
first 315
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dammysmart: 1:47pm On May 06, 2016
hello pls to the guru in the house, my bro has gotten a visa just recently, its a J1 visa (Just for a prog in the USA, he intends coming bk to the country and then return before his Visa (4months) expires so I have these questions:

1. What are the chances he has for his Visa to be extended?? He has enough contact in the USA like 4 Precisely.

2. Life in Nigeria isn't really bearable for him and that's why he intends going back and begin schooling shortly after, can he enrol into the US Army reserve (He knows a colonel in the US army a Nigerian though.

3. What generally d you advice him to do if he was your own brother, knowing the situation of the Country today!

thank I'll b awaiting responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 1:55pm On May 06, 2016
cutemorgan:

Boss Dicapino, You have to complete your ds160 form using this link; https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/default.aspx

Then you can schedule an appointment using this; https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Pls let me know if you need any other info.

Bro how did you take the passport photo you used?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 1:58pm On May 06, 2016
Holudarey01:

stanbic 295
Gtb 299
first 315

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by unclev: 2:00pm On May 06, 2016
Of a truth, God is a good God and His mercies endures forever. This is my testimony

I started working on furthering my studies last year. I took TOEFL (102), GRE (296), and applied to only 2 schools. I actually only completed the application for one as I couldn’t get a research supervisor/committee for the second school before the deadline for the application was over. Even though it was stated that the minimum score for GRE for the program I am going is 300, I applied with faith believing God that no School will deny my admission. I focused on God, won souls for Christ fasted and prayed, and sowed seeds to secure my admission and my visa. Today God proved himself that he is not a user of man but rather he is looking for whom to bless.

I arrived the US Consulate at about 8.40am. I first joined one queue outside (where people queue up before they enter and go through security). When it got to my turn on that queue the security official said it’s not yet time for my interview as the people going in now were for 8.30 and 9.00. He asked me to wait that he will call for the 11.00 applicants soon. So I waited for about 45mins (standing all through, no chairs) before they called in the applicants for the 11.00am interview (this was like around 9.20am). So I went in and passed through all the rigorous stages of screening, finger prints, etc…..it was a very long line. Finally I arrived in front of window 3 for the interview at about 10.00am.

The VO was one oyibo lady that wasn’t smiling at all. The interview went as follows:
Me: Good morning ma….smiling sheepishly
VO: pass me your passport and your documents
Me: passed my passport, i-20, sevis receipt, ds 160 confirmation, etc
VO: What are your study plans?
Me: I’m going for graduate studies at the University of blah blah blah, where I will be studying for my Masters degree in blah blah blah. The program begins this Summer and ends next year after which I will return home and utilize the knowledge and research skills I have acquired in the US.
VO: Do you have a Bachelors Degree?
Me: Yes. I have a BSc in blah blah blah
VO: What have you been doing before now?
Me: I work two jobs. As a bleep at bleep company and a part time job as a bleep at bleep.
VO: Who is paying for all this?
Me: My aunt
VO: What does she do?
Me: She works with bleep as a bleep
VO: started typing plenty plenty things for like 40seconds
Me: speaking silently in my mind “Lord grant me favour in the sight of this lady, I cannot be denied a visa”
VO: Congratulations, your visa will be ready in 3 working days. Hands me a white paper which indicates the DHL branch where I’m to pick up my visa. She also gave me a pamphlet inviting me for some sought of seminar with Education USA at the Consulate in July. She said the seminar is for all international students.

Thank God…!!! My three days fast and anointing oil finally paid off……Thank you Jesus

I also want to use this opportunity to thank the moderators of this group and everyone who in one way on the other has offered help and advice to novice like me. Everything I know about the immigration process, interview, application, etc I learnt on this group and I am grateful to this family for all that they do. May God bless you all

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cseejhay: 2:06pm On May 06, 2016
aamgroup:
hello house......
Please can anyone help me with SAT study materials?. and i already sent a blank e-mail to selfstudy360 but they didn't include SAT.

thanks in advance

i think its better you prep with the collegeboard practice test questions and answers alongside a barron or kaplan SAT text,mind you these text materials might not tally with the current sat format and corriculum, but they are yet very rich materials....a friend told me the new sat is an overall score of 1600 as against the 2400 it use to be.you can confirm this though. you can download the practice materials( in pdf format) on collegeboard website.i hope this helps.good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 06, 2016
lovarboy:
#HOTWATER this is my transcript once again and I need gurus to help me amend it
.. greetings to you all pls I need your advise and suggestions on this... I applied for spring 2016 and I was denied visa the interview is as follows.
me: good morning ma
v.o good morning pass me ur doc
v.o what's ur name
me answered
v.o are you done with your high school?
me yes graduated 2007
vote since den wat have u bin doing
me. ve bin teaching and saving the money with my mom knowing fully well that America universities are expensive so she can also assist me
go how many schools did u apply for
me 3 schools
v.o why did u choose criminology?
me I could not give a sound reply
v.o am sorry we can not grant u visa now u can apply again... pls guru I beg u all in the name of God what good reply could I said so I cud be given visa cus i wanan apply for fall I don't wana mess up again
Sorry about this particular denial. You almost got through but couldn't withstand the heat so to speak.

Tell the CO there's a lot of crime in Nigeria and that you'll return home to solve it and also, your passion in life has been to work with Federal Government in conjunction with the Nigerian Police.

Keep talking till the VO stops you. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drealsheggs: 2:11pm On May 06, 2016
Ask baba God......or make u call ham ....him go pickup ur call grin

dickoflife:
if u ask me who i wan ask
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by daaz001: 2:23pm On May 06, 2016
unclev:
Of a truth, God is a good God and His mercies endures forever. This is my testimony

I started working on furthering my studies last year. I took TOEFL (102), GRE (296), and applied to only 2 schools. I actually only completed the application for one as I couldn’t get a research supervisor/committee for the second school before the deadline for the application was over. Even though it was stated that the minimum score for GRE for the program I am going is 300, I applied with faith believing God that no School will deny my admission. I focused on God, won souls for Christ fasted and prayed, and sowed seeds to secure my admission and my visa. Today God proved himself that he is not a user of man but rather he is looking for whom to bless.

I arrived the US Consulate at about 8.40am. I first joined one queue outside (where people queue up before they enter and go through security). When it got to my turn on that queue the security official said it’s not yet time for my interview as the people going in now were for 8.30 and 9.00. He asked me to wait that he will call for the 11.00 applicants soon. So I waited for about 45mins (standing all through, no chairs) before they called in the applicants for the 11.00am interview (this was like around 9.20am). So I went in and passed through all the rigorous stages of screening, finger prints, etc…..it was a very long line. Finally I arrived in front of window 3 for the interview at about 10.00am.

The VO was one oyibo lady that wasn’t smiling at all. The interview went as follows:
Me: Good morning ma….smiling sheepishly
VO: pass me your passport and your documents
Me: passed my passport, i-20, sevis receipt, ds 160 confirmation, etc
VO: What are your study plans?
Me: I’m going for graduate studies at the University of blah blah blah, where I will be studying for my Masters degree in blah blah blah. The program begins this Summer and ends next year after which I will return home and utilize the knowledge and research skills I have acquired in the US.
VO: Do you have a Bachelors Degree?
Me: Yes. I have a BSc in blah blah blah
VO: What have you been doing before now?
Me: I work two jobs. As a bleep at bleep company and a part time job as a bleep at bleep.
VO: Who is paying for all this?
Me: My aunt
VO: What does she do?
Me: She works with bleep as a bleep
VO: started typing plenty plenty things for like 40seconds
Me: speaking silently in my mind “Lord grant me favour in the sight of this lady, I cannot be denied a visa”
VO: Congratulations, your visa will be ready in 3 working days. Hands me a white paper which indicates the DHL branch where I’m to pick up my visa. She also gave me a pamphlet inviting me for some sought of seminar with Education USA at the Consulate in July. She said the seminar is for all international students.

Thank God…!!! My three days fast and anointing oil finally paid off……Thank you Jesus

I also want to use this opportunity to thank the moderators of this group and everyone who in one way on the other has offered help and advice to novice like me. Everything I know about the immigration process, interview, application, etc I learnt on this group and I am grateful to this family for all that they do. May God bless you all
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mrsoje(f): 2:24pm On May 06, 2016
Stanleych007:
Please isit true visas are rejected for private schools, and must you have a travel history before you are given a students visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cseejhay: 2:46pm On May 06, 2016
hello i pay homage ooo.....the gurus in the house; imperioux, walspring,slimmy2005,bigfrancis, and those whose monikers i cant remember, dannybrown my padi i hail....pls all i wish to have to have this the easiest way possible.. pls i want help on how to make payment for TOEFL here in naija, i have little or no idea on this subject.pls someone help me, though i missed a mouth watering offer from a brother in the house who offered me a TOEFL voucher for a very low price but schedule didnt let me make payment before it was sold.pls i need help.i need to make the payment before the run out of next week.thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Dammysmart: 2:53pm On May 06, 2016
Dammysmart:
hello pls to the guru in the house, my bro has gotten a visa just recently, its a J1 visa (Just for a prog in the USA, he intends coming bk to the country and then return before his Visa (4months) expires so I have these questions:

1. What are the chances he has for his Visa to be extended?? He has enough contact in the USA like 4 Precisely.

2. Life in Nigeria isn't really bearable for him and that's why he intends going back and begin schooling shortly after, can he enrol into the US Army reserve (He knows a colonel in the US army a Nigerian though.

3. What generally d you advice him to do if he was your own brother, knowing the situation of the Country today!

thank I'll b awaiting responses.
Justwise, imperiouxx and the likes pls reply to this post of mine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 06, 2016
BloodyMitch:

Thank you.
let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:08pm On May 06, 2016
dicapino:

Bro how did you take the passport photo you used?

Try this two method below;

1, Take the required photo (2x2 or 5x5 inch/cm) from photographer then scan and resize and it should not be more that 240kb or so as required by the site and upload it.

2, Take the required photo (2x2 or 5x5 inch/cm) with a good digital camera or your smart phone but make sure that your face is clear, then resize it to 240kb or so as required by the site and then upload it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 06, 2016
cseejhay:
hello i pay homage ooo.....the gurus in the house; imperioux, walspring,slimmy2005,bigfrancis, and those whose monikers i cant remember, dannybrown my padi i hail....pls all i wish to have to have this the easiest way possible.. pls i want help on how to make payment for TOEFL here in naija, i have little or no idea on this subject.pls someone help me, though i missed a mouth watering offer from a brother in the house who offered me a TOEFL voucher for a very low price but schedule didnt let me make payment before it was sold.pls i need help.i need to make the payment before the run out of next week.thanks in anticipation.
Register with paypal, link your MasterCard/ visa card with the PayPal account. Go to ets site and do the TOEFL reg. When you get to payment option, select PayPal. Enter your PayPal username and password.
You'll see the payment page.
Quite easily done.
make sure you have more than the naira equivalent of $185 in your account.
I hope this helps.
Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 06, 2016
@unclev congrats.
Please try and edit your post. Let's know the name of your school and the course you're going for.
It would help future applicants.
God bless you as you do so.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fratermathy(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2016
Hello house, I am currently a Masters students [English] in Nigeria, soon to graduate. I intend to apply for PhD studies in the US but I have some questions:

1. Are there schools with affordable tuition or any that is tuition free?
2. What are the likely schools I can apply for?
3. What is the typical cost of accomodation like [in naira]?
4. Can I work as a teaching assistant or lecturer while undertaking my PhD research?
5. Is it easy to get a visa for PhD studies?
6. How much is flight fee [cheapest range]?
7. Are there academic opportunities for PhD holders ?
8. What are the salient factors I must take into consideration?
9. How much do I need to survive on a monthly basis as a PhD student?
10. Do I need ielts or toefl or gre and those other exams since I read English?

Please do well to tell me anything I haven't asked already. I know the questions are many. You don't have to answer all, just tell me the one you have an authoritative idea on. I really appreciate!

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 3:40pm On May 06, 2016
Walspring:

Try this two method below;

1, Take the required photo (2x2 or 5x5 inch/cm) from photographer then scan and resize and it should not be more that 240kb or so as required by the site and upload it.

2, Take the required photo (2x2 or 5x5 inch/cm) with a good digital camera or your smart phone but make sure that your face is clear, then resize it to 240kb or so as required by the site and then upload it.

Thanks a lot my OGA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 06, 2016
Holudarey01:

Register with paypal, link your MasterCard/ visa card with the PayPal account. Go to ets site and do the TOEFL reg. When you get to payment option, select PayPal. Enter your PayPal username and password.
Quite easily done.
I hope this helps.
Cheers
so I can use my visa card for payment on PayPal for GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 06, 2016
pepe4reps:
yes bro. just connect it to PayPal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 06, 2016
pepe4reps:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cseejhay: 3:54pm On May 06, 2016
Holudarey01:

Quite easily done.
I hope this helps.
Cheers

boss thanks plenty...abeg how much is the exchange rate adopted?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 06, 2016
Holudarey01:
Thanks alot,pls do u knw d dollar rate of first bank?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 06, 2016
Holudarey01:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 06, 2016
Holudarey01:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 06, 2016
pepe4reps:
315 stanbic 295 gtb 299.55 this thing dey fluctuate o

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.