Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785098 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2015
wiseman2392:
Good day house, can somebody direct me how I can register for GRE. I already created a GRE account, checked on the seat available and clicked on register. From here I can only see the test center and address with time selected. Nothing else, does it mean that there is another way to go or there is an error. Pls kindly put me thru. Thanks

Get a paypal account at www.paypal.com
Connect your naira master card account to your paypal account. I strongly recommend StanBic for this, because of their minimal rate.
When you get to the point you have to pay for the exam while registering, check out with your paypal details.

As simple as ABC, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by insectide: 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
stevecrun:
happney65 buzz me on watsapp..we need to talk

Is your whatsapp still active
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
Walspring:

Is your whatsapp still active
yea..it is bro,connect me with my number..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2015
BloodyMitch:
quote author=bigfrancis21 post=38924425]

Unfortunately, Nigerians or individuals testing in Nigeria cannot register for the GRE online. To register online, someone abroad has to help you out, which is cheap, or you register via an agency which is costlier.

I can help you pay if you're interested. who said that i registered online n paid online when i took mine, theres nothing like which is cheap is same price.

By cheaper I mean if you register online or someone helps you register online you get to pay the actual fee but if you go through an agency, you pay more because of their own service charge. In effect, it is cheaper if someone helps you register online or you manage to register online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 12:41am On Oct 13, 2015
kennyrony:

Baba, how u dey. how that side na
dat side de o.....we de manage
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 12:43am On Oct 13, 2015
warriboy21:

dat side de o.....we de manage

bros,show us photo of u in class naa..make we see ur homies abi naaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by BloodyMitch(f): 3:16am On Oct 13, 2015
Okay.
bigfrancis21:

By cheaper I mean if you register online or someone helps you register online you get to pay the actual fee but if you go through an agency, you pay more because of their own service charge. In effect, it is cheaper if someone helps you register online or you manage to register online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:28am On Oct 13, 2015
happney65:

bros,show us photo of u in class naa..make we see ur homies abi naaa
sompeople go steal am do identity theft tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 3:52am On Oct 13, 2015
warriboy21:

na open book o..but 1 sha no b open book...
i luv indians smiley
lovely set of people
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 3:54am On Oct 13, 2015
kennyrony:

Baba, how u dey. how that side na
bros how are you doing, its an amazing experience, hows your side?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 7:16am On Oct 13, 2015
warriboy21:

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2015
warriboy21:

Gosh!! Who are these people?

That's a classical example of cybercrime. grin

Another great example is credit card theft.

You're indeed a Computer Scientist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 7:52am On Oct 13, 2015
Good day, I use this medium to thank all that have contributed to the question that I sent about GRE registration, I'm grateful. I will just try as u advised, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2015
Okay thank you very much @bigfrancis21
djmakson:

Take time out to check their website www.wes.org to get details.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abg89(m): 11:04am On Oct 13, 2015
Been a silent follower on this thread. However, I got my visa denied this morning by the lady in Window 2. (Lagos)

Me: Gud morning.

VO: Gud morning.

VO. Pass me your document.

Me: I passed the document to her with a smile. She started typing for almost 20seconds.

VO: who is sponsoring you.

Me: My brother.

VO: what does he do?

Me: He is a banker.

VO: which of the banks?

Me: I told her ***** bank. She started typing for another 20 seconds.

VO: How did you find out about the school?

Me: I Google searched it and later went to usnews.com and Princeton review for more information about the school. She typed for 10 seconds and then handed over a blue paper.

VO: Sorry, we are unable to grant you visa due to blah blah blah blah.

I observed that the lady in Window 2 has denied 5 visa applications in succession before me. Maybe today is not my lucky day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by goryorhal(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2015
abg89:
Been a silent follower on this thread. However, I got my visa denied this morning by the lady in Window 2. (Lagos)

Me: I passed the document to her with a smile. She started typing for almost 20seconds.

Me: I Google searched it and later went to usnews.com and Princeton review for more information about the school. She typed for 10 seconds and then handed over a blue paper.

I observed that the lady in Window 2 has denied 5 visa applications in succession before me. Maybe today is not my lucky day.

Try again bro .. I believe with God all things are possible ..
Na spring you dey apply for ?
UG / Msc

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2015
abg89:

Sorry about your delay and don't give up just try refire back and God will favour you.. Amen

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by finestcash: 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=insectide post=38925545]@lagosniv

I had d same problem I mailed d embassy. To confirm d new ds160 and I took spring i20 to d embassy n I was granted d visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
abg89:

Don't always be a silent follower, ask questions! Had it been that you asked questions or someone reviewed your mock interview transcript, you could have stood a chance today.

Biko, if you wish to follow the instructions from this thread silently and you get denied better follow the thread silently and get your corrections. Period angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
DeeTus:

Gosh!! Who are these people?

That's a classical example of cybercrime. grin

Another great example is credit card theft.

You're indeed a Computer Scientist.
i no call names o ..we kn dem na grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
abg89:

sometimes people do get visa with d most stupid interview ever,,,it all depends on luck...so u gotta pray hard and refire next time...but as for d lapses i noticed. using brother as a sponsor raises a little red flag....anoda thing is his occupation...d consular was not convinced of your sponsors income..last thing ..pls tell us ur school for nairaland screening
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
amanze15:
lovely set of people
i tell u.....broda
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ariyanfe: 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
pls I have an issue..... I have apply to a college in Texas Usa and expecting admission very soon but yesterday am travelling down from ife to ondo and arm robbers collect all our luggage which inside my bag my international passport that i use for the processing of the admission is inside.
please nairalander advice on what to do,should I go and process a new international passport or i should collect police report and court avidafit and lodge complain in the immigration headquarter in abuja that I lost my passport.
and hope it won't affect my visa application in usa embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by goryorhal(m): 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ariyanfe:
pls I have an issue..... I have apply to a college in Texas Usa and expecting admission very soon but yesterday am travelling down from ife to ondo and arm robbers collect all our luggage which inside my bag my international passport that i use for the processing of the admission is inside.
please nairalander advice on what to do,should I go and process a new international passport or i should collect police report and court avidafit and lodge complain in the immigration headquarter in abuja that I lost my passport.
Go and apply for a new passport
Scan the new passport to the school so that they can re-issue another admission letter to you ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ariyanfe:

Bros,ur english maden gan ohhh grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tanzii: 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ariyanfe:
Well since it was stolen, you will require a police Extract and an Affidavit of fact. armed with this, you can make an application for re-issuance of a new international passport. Secondly, since its a post issuance application, it can only be processed at the Immigration Headquarters Abuja.

Good Luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2015
happney65:

Bros,ur english maden gan ohhh grin grin
You sef don join d league of those criticizing people's English.. Nawa for you ooo

Atleast you understood what he wrote, He need a solution, You should try and proffer one instead of finding a fault on his English..#Olosho-Ashawo Boy# grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2015
abg89:

Sorry about that but please post in detail the full transcript of your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ariyanfe:

Get police report and go to Abuja and use it go and get new one but it will cost you over 50 since its a lost passport..

I heard that Lagos passport office Ikoyi can get it done with going to Abuja but I don't know how true is it but if you need someone in Abuja to help get new one let me know and you call the Hausa man and deal with him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
tanzii:

Well since it was stolen, you will require a police Extract and an Affidavit of fact. armed with this, you can make an application for re-issuance of a new international passport. Secondly, since its a post issuance application, it can only be processed at the Immigration Headquarters Abuja.

Good Luck!

Is like Lagos Ikoyi office can do it but I am not really sure for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.