Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra (18193 Views)

What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
GENTLENNAJI:
Answer this question from nnamdi kanu if you think lagos is not no man's land.

What is the Yoruba name for Lagos?
Eko is benin word
Tune in to radio Biafra Lagos, its airing now.

hahahaha All i see here are paranoid monkeys who have seen the hand-writing on the wall. they know yorubas are now sensitized about the whole no man's land nonsense so they're trying to mask their fears. if you like rant on nairaland from now till tommorrow. when reality sets in. you will know there's life outside nairaland.

I ALREADY TOLD Y'ALL BEFORE

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by otr1(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

That's not the issue here, infact you have used your population tell a lot lies about Bini and twist their history. Any story yorubas touch becomes revisionist poop. There are countless threads and documents on the internet about Binis warning yorubas to stop writing their history for them
Why is it that the Binis are being influenced by Yoruba culture that many of them bear our names, speak our language and even use pure Yoruba words in their incantations, if Oduduwa was a Bini Prince?
Don't you think, it should be the other way round?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 5:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Oh i didn't even see that you binis are already responding to prevent the revisionist intellectual criminal in yorroberland from stealing Bini historical glory. yorrobers didn't we warn you that everyone is now awake to your historical revisionism?.

The die is Cast and The days of lying with reckless abandon are over. Prepare for hardtimes because you can't survive with bitter truths. grin

Yorubas that don't know their own history, how can they know that of Benin?

Till tomorrow, Yorubas can make up their minds who is the successor of Oduduwa, whether it is the Alaafin or Ooni.

Ask them how exactly Oduduwa came to Ileife?

Ask them the Yoruba meaning of Oduduwa?

Ask them around what year Oduduwa got to Ileife?

The sit back and listen to convoluted lies and contradictions.

Binis can give a detailed account of all their Obas with timeline.

I dare any Yoruba person to attempt those questions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
otr1:

Why is it that the Binis are being influenced by Yoruba culture that many of them bear our names, speak our language and even use pure Yoruba words in their incantations, if Oduduwa was a Bini Prince?

That you breed like rats and father million of bastards all over the place does not give you the right to rewrite Bini history. Bini colonized yorubas not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 5:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
otr1:

Which words?

Which names?

Which incantations?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Cosbyrich: 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:
we will take over the cowards we dominate
Your effeminate Gen Coward the Ojukwu said more than that.He and 2 million innocents were SUYANISED.It is in your DNA.lol.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Cosbyrich: 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

That you breed like rats and father million of bastards all over the place does not give you the right to rewrite Bini history. Bini colonized yorubas not the other way round.
You are just a coward and loudmouth like your lineage.Go and read the history of the Yorubas and cringe from the fright that killed your grand fathers when they heard that the SCORPION is coming and when they brought their loud mouths near ORE in Ondo State.You and your forefathers have always been LOUDMOUTHED and had in the end been beaten black and blue by the Yorubas.Shame.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Cosbyrich: 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

Yorubas that don't know their own history, how can they know that of Benin?

Till tomorrow, Yorubas can make up their minds who is the successor of Oduduwa, whether it is the Alaafin or Ooni.

Ask them how exactly Oduduwa came to Ileife?

Ask them the Yoruba meaning of Oduduwa?

Ask them around what year Oduduwa got to Ileife?

The sit back and listen to convoluted lies and contradictions.

Binis can give a detailed account of all their Obas with timeline.

I dare any Yoruba person to attempt those questions.
Why dont you go and read the history of the Yorubas and get all the answers if you want to use them in your WAEC.What is the meaning of Oba in your language? Why did the heads of all Benin Obas rest in Ile Ife after their death etc?
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Cosbyrich: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
osemwengie1:
. The problem I have with the Yorubas and Ibos are their lack of respect for other tribes because they feel they have more numbers. How will you say Omo is a Yoruba name when the binis also use the word. The urhobo and the binis also use similar names for example Efe, Igho, Ese e.tc. Who will then own the names. Thats what the Ibo do as well.

The real name of Oduduwa was a Ekaledaran he was a banished bini prince who relocated to Ife and when the Yoruba's ask for his name and where he was going he tld them izoduwa (meaning am going to a path to prosperity) which the Yoruba's corrupted to Oduduwa. It was when the binis requested for his return after his fathers death and when there was a vacum that he sent his son oramiyan. Some of the bin's refused to accept this and never allowed him into the kingdom especially the evian royal family saying we do not have Oba we only have ogie (Ogiso) (the evian family was eventually nicknamed Ogiamien which is . He eventually returned to Ife after impregnating a young woman whose son started the Oba dynasty in Bini . Though the Ogiamien still see the Oba as a foreigner. you can read through the facebook page of the Ogiamien https://www./894091307303141/.
NA WAH OH.Look at cooked up story.Not ISODUWA,NA IGBEDUWA.Wonders shall never end.lol.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Cosbyrich:
You are just a coward and loudmouth like your lineage.Go and read the history of the Yorubas and cringe from the fright that killed your grand fathers when they heard that the SCORPION is coming and when they brought their loud mouths near ORE in Ondo State.You and your forefathers have always been LOUDMOUTHED and had in the end been beaten black and blue by the Yorubas.Shame.
You are pained but truth hurts. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
Cosbyrich:
Why dont you go and read the history of the Yorubas and get all the answers if you want to use them in your WAEC.What is the meaning of Oba in your language? Why did the heads of all Benin Obas rest in Ile Ife after their death etc?

See questions coming from the one who avoided all my questions.

smiley

I don't know the meaning of Oba.

You are yet to prove that Bini obas heads are in Ileife.

But if these are true, it could be because Oranmiyan who was Oduduwa's son returned to Ileife after making his son Oba of Bini.

But their Father, your god, Oduduwa is a Bini man who was banished from Bini.

Now attempt my questions if you dare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
Cosbyrich:
Your effeminate Gen Coward the Ojukwu said more than that.He and 2 million innocents were SUYANISED.It is in your DNA.lol.

u are a traitor
was it not a yoruba trusted friend dat backsatbed him?
no matter how strong u are if ur closest friend gang up with others against u
the will surely deafeat u bbcoz he will leak ur secrets and weak points to dem.

besides only igbo stood and fought against nigeria plus d help of other countries
i kno u are a kid shaa , go and read d history of whats happened
GOOGLE IS UR FRIEND cool
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2015
Cosbyrich:

u are a traitor
was it not a trusted yoruba friend dat backsatbed him?
no matter how strong u are if ur closest friend gang up with others against u
the will surely deafeat u bbcoz he will leak ur secrets and weak points to dem.
besides only igbo stood and fought against nigeria plus d help of other countries.
if it were to be igbo against hausa or yoruba.. they wil beat u hands down and im sure u kno very well.

i kno u are a kid shaa , go and read d history of whats happened
GOOGLE IS UR FRIEND cool
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

At the end of the day one will just have to ignore these people. i'm now getting used to their jokes. like i've always said its psychological. there's nothing we can do about it other than smile

segend:

That has been my attitude since. I just consider all what they say as vital lies, a psychological term for lies we tell ourselves to cope with reality. In reality, things aren't looking too good for them, so they have to keep repeating these lies, and shouting it till they start believing it, thinking that will give them a measure of comfort and happiness. The sad part is, they are beginning to believe these lies, and losing touch with reality. Next time you see one of their lies, just pity them, no need arguing with them, well, maybe just for the fun sha, you can indulge yourself.

If people keep repeating falsehood, and you do not counter it with truth, sooner or later others will come to accept such falsehood, as 'facts'. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

1. Oranmiyan was the son of Oduduwa who was Bini Prince Ekaladerhan.

2. Oshiomhole is an Edo name, not a Yoruba name. It has a meaning in Edo but no meaning in Yoruba.

3. Next time you want to call someone "dumb," make sure you don't say something dumb too.

Hmmn.... those who say the Yoruba and Benin have the same ancestry, you have just proved them right! Er... so what seems to be the problem? Even some of the late Oba Akenzua's children and grandchildren, bear Yoruba first names. undecided
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

That's not the issue here, infact you have used your population tell a lot lies about Bini and twist their history. Any story yorubas touch becomes revisionist poop. There are countless threads and documents on the internet about Binis warning yorubas to stop writing their history for them

Hehehe grin .... see this Igbo man claiming to know more about Benin/Yoruba history, than the indigenes of those places, themselves. Wonders shall never cease! Chukwu, biko!! shocked shocked shocked

ArodewilliamsT:

Ogbuefi, continue taking panadol for the Benin/Yoruba headache. I have told you before to go for deliverance, in order to free yourself from the obsession you have for these Yoruba people.

It appears that 'juju' they cooked, has eaten deep into your system. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Esdb3: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

This is the same intellectual dishonesty that Yorubas historians are known for.

1. I never said Yorubas had no ties with Benin. You said that because you have to lie to defend the lies you have previously told.

2. You have to misspell and mispronounce "Oshiomhole" for it to fit your Yoruba concoction...and you have to manufacture one single Yoruba that bears that name.

Hater.

1. Ion even understand.

2. In yoruba a single word like 'ogun' can be pronounced in more than five ways. So I mis-spelt nothing. Oshiomole is 'poverty knows no ground or whatever you want to transcribe it".

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
Esdb3:

2. In yoruba a single word like 'ogun' can be pronounced in more than five ways. So I mis-spelt nothing. Oshiomole is 'poverty knows no ground or whatever you want to transcribe it".

My Yoruba friend just told me that Oshiomhole could also mean "poverty does not know the thief!"

He also said it could mean "poverty has caught the thief," depending on the accent marks, you put on the vowels. wink

Hehehe.... what a funny language. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:

Hehehe grin .... see this Igbo man claiming to know more about Benin/Yoruba history, than the indigenes of those places, themselves. Wonders shall never cease! Chukwu, biko!! shocked shocked shocked

Ogbuefi, continue taking panadol for the Benin/Yoruba headache. I have told you before to go for deliverance, in order to free yourself from the obsession you have for these Yoruba people.

It appears that 'juju' they cooked, has eaten deep into your system. undecided

haaa it is mutiu alias " i no be yoruba". So what is you ethnicity for today. "We SS" ? grin
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 9:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

haaa it is mutiu alias " i no be yoruba". So what is you ethnicity for today. "We SS" ? grin

Why are you obsessed with my ethnicity?? Will it put millions of naira in your pocket??!

Or bread on your table??

And who is mutiu? Is that the Muslim chap who stole your wife? shocked
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:

Hmmn.... those who say the Yoruba and Benin have the same ancestry, you have just proved them right! Er... so what seems to be the problem? Even some of the late Oba Akenzua's children and grandchildren, bear Yoruba first names. undecided

No, brother. I didn't prove that both peoples have a common ancestry. I proved that Oduduwa and all his descendants, including Oranmiyan who was sent to rule Benin...have their ancestry in Benin.

As for the Yorubas whom Oduduwa met in Yorubaland...I don't know their ancestry.

What are the Yoruba names of Oba Akenzua's children?
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

No, brother. I didn't prove that both peoples have a common ancestry. I proved that Oduduwa and all his descendants, including Oranmiyan who was sent to rule Benin...have their ancestry in Benin.

As for the Yorubas whom Oduduwa met in Yorubaland...I don't know their ancestry.

What are the Yoruba names of Oba Akenzua's children?

Well, I went to school with one - Eyigbemi Iredia Akenzua. Strangely enough, all his brothers and sisters, (except for the eldest) had Yoruba first names. undecided Their middle names were Bini, though.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:

My Yoruba friend just told me that Oshiomhole could also mean "poverty does not know the thief!"

He also said it could mean "poverty has caught the thief," depending on the accent marks, you put on the vowels. wink

Hehehe.... what a funny language. grin

Just like Shade (Yoruba female name) has an English meaning...

So Yorubas originated from England?

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:

Well, I went to school with one - Eyigbemi Iredia Akenzua. Strangely enough, all his brothers and sisters, (except for the eldest) had Yoruba first names. undecided Their middle names were Bini, though.

How do you know it's not a Bini name?
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

How do you know it's not a Bini name?

Eyigbemi? Its' a Yoruba name, from what I heard..! wink

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:

Why are you obsessed with my ethnicity?? Will it put millions of naira in your pocket??!

Or bread on your table??

And who is mutiu? Is that the Muslim chap who stole your wife? shocked

blockheaded mona monkey from the crevices of oshogbo running away from his smelly ethnicity. God don punish you. grin
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
The yorubas are so disorganized becos d binis neva had enuf time to train dem,its a shame thaat weeks after the death of ooni,there is no potential heir to d throne.
The seat is being lobby for,OBJ and TINUBU boys are going to visit dem,imagine,shame.
The binis neva lacked a heir,its hereditary,but yoruba ojukokoro wouldn't allow dem.
Don't ever compare dose imposters to d Bight of Benin.

There are only two Kingdoms in the world,the bini Kingdom, d the United Kingdom(queen Elizabeth 1)
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

blockheaded mona monkey from the crevices of oshogbo running away from his smelly ethnicity. God don punish you. grin

ROFLMAO!! Chukwu biko! grin grin

Na wa, oh! Ogbuefi, maka gini ... this your hatred & obsession is too much! Too much! Don't let it twist your mind, oh. Chai! shocked shocked

Biaketa, gịnī ḳwọ bùḍù ̣ǹke à? What is this noise you are making about Osogbo?? Is that the area you saw in your dreams? Or is that where this Mutiu who stole your wife came from?? cheesy grin Amārọ m ife dịnwọò ! Bikō kpùṛụkalụ m̄.

Like I once told you before, let me recommend a church where you can do deliverance for free, to get it out of your system??! angry

Haba!
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:

Eyigbemi? Its' a Yoruba name, from what I heard..! wink

What you heard from who?
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

What you heard from who?

Our classmates in school!! Or isn't it a Yoruba name? Pray, do tell. undecided
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 10:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
laudate:

Our classmates in school!! Or isn't it a Yoruba name? Pray, do tell. undecided

I don't know...

And you don't know if it is not a Bini name too.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by laudate: 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
italo:

I don't know...

And you don't know if it is not a Bini name too.

Bros, if it is a Benin name, then kindly tell us the meaning. My friends in school said his name was a Yoruba name. And they translated it at that time. That is all I know. sad

Sadly, I can't recall the exact meaning now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cash Transfer: Some Nigerians Haven’t Seen ₦5,000 Before - Sadiya Farouk / 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 / Fashola And MI Discuss Energy On Google+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.