Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle (40945 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Kiakia:
No matter how you look at, the appointments so far made by this administration is skewed heavily in favour of a particular section of the country and this is not fair to other ethnic groups. Buhari contested election to the Presidency of this country three times and failed on all the occasions. It took the political sagacity and ingenuity of Bola Tinubu to aggregate other political parties into one united party to achieve the feat of installing Buhari the President of this country, something he was unable to do in the past and could still not had done save for the pulling together of resources by these various parties now rolled into one. But today, Buhari is acting as if he won the election on the strength of his political party alone, neglecting the efforts of others who mobilised men and material which enabled the electoral success in the first place. I perceive him as not giving a damn about the reaction of his fellow party men across all divides in announcing appointments into positions without even spread. I forsee an implosion in APC and sabotage of this administration by the aggrieved party members should this trend continue. Consultation with party officials when taking key decisions is necessary in a democracy because it was on it's pedestal that an elected official rode into power. We voted for change but the change has to be positive and all embracing, and cannot be achieved when other sections of the country are neglected when making key appointments. Buhari should tread with caution in this area and apply the principle of federal character in future appointments to douse the tension already generated by his imbalanced appointments so far. He should make every Nigerian have a sense of belonging in his administration.
I do not mean any insult Bro But the way you just reasoned this is exactly why Nigeria is where it is today. true resources were pulled together to make him win the election, But ultimately he was elected to perform a job. why don't we get off this man's back and allow him to do his frigging job for chrissakes. we the "masses" should be the ones Happy that he is deviating from the norms of recycling tired and corruption politicians, unfortunately we are the ones complaining the most. has he made all the appointments he is going to make in his administration?No! he hasn't even made a quarter and we are ready to crucify him. Please let's chill already.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ndcide(m): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sweetlemon, is intelligent but absolutely narrow minded and simplistic. The writeup up shows someone who is ignorant of the workings of Nigeria either deliberately or unknowingly.

She's the kind of person who will be looking far away in addressing bokoharam cause and issues.

Someone who have yielded to manipulation and can't differentiate the right from wrong. She wrote like someone who have been reduced to a level where she can't challenge the actions of buhari and subject it to reality of the past, present and it's danger for the future. She is a prey to the manipulative word called "change". So unfortunate.

Look the battle for 2015 election was a battle for power and control by those who lost it. But initially used it for oppression. Tomorrow when her person can't rise beyond a certain level, or occupy a position, or get any contract, you'll start crying. Look anyone who knows Nigeria in and out, based on facts of the past and present, will not give this kind of simplistic analysis. Good night.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Forwetinnah: 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
...even the Hausas aren't happy, yet someone is here trying to justify shiiiit. This is one of the many reasons IBB overthrew Buhari

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by dejol88: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
1 ,An average yoruba man lack common sense. 2. 2.Lack analytical reasoning 3. The smart ones among them were tag outcast. 4. That why they alwaysvsee igbos as there problem

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by dejol88: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
1.An average yoruba man lack common sense. 2. 2.Lack analytical reasoning 3. The smart ones among them were tag outcast. 4. That why they always see igbos as there problem

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Forwetinnah: 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

And she say she is from Oron... Ode-oshi Yoruba girl, sweetlemon you ve finally expose yourself today. The north have more tribe than the south but nobody care to know why all of them will love to be called only Hausas... Under AREWA umbrella but the useless SW have been dividing Igbos and their brothers, Yoruba's have not told gwari man or kanuri man that he is not hausa

I knew she was YORUBA, it's not difficult to fish them out. They're everywhere on Social Media misleading people. That one knows how to speak or type a certain language doesn't mean they're from there

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by AreaFada2: 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
chuna1985:

so what's ur point ohh northerner.

You know nothing these Northerners and their co-travellers will not write to retain or claim goodies. Even some Northern voodoo scientists once claimed that crude oil flowed from the North underground to the South/Delta. I wonder why it stopped in the South and didn't flow to Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait or even Norway. cheesy grin Well, you cannot blame people who probably entered university with a JAMB score of 17/400 via Federal Character principle. shocked

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ucheuzor1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
[quote author=hinwazaka post=37440832]
A straightforward answer, is all that I require. Do the appointees possess better qualifications and expertise than their peers and colleagues in the other regions.
Also, if a clean past is all that is required for nomination and selection, then why not make the leader of Ansar Udeen society, the Govenor of CBN. [/quote
pls bro don't use qualification as a yardstick for good governance.All d leaders that claimed they had good qualification, what were they able to achieve during their tenure... they use that as a basis to bamboozle us and loot our treasury
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by adexpa(m): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
hinwazaka:

The OP does not know the layman's definition of DEMOCRACY. Perhaps he thinks, it is Government by force, to rule the forced and created by the forceful.
it is not possible to be completely democrat to serve nigerians better, to make every wrong right one have to apply all form of leadership including autocratic. UP PMP
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by adamshuaib(m): 12:03am On Aug 29, 2015
nationwide1:

Even you did not read it with open mind.

I tell you no logic can justify / successfully defend this misstep of the president. Anyone who supports the insensitive appointments is a blind and naive supporter of Buhari.

Do you know there is a part of Nigerian constitution that talks about "federal character"?

He is not done with the appointments, haven't even done half, ministers dey sef, he can't and will not continue this trend of appointing northerners for sure. But wat people need to keep in mind is that these Is just the beginning. So many appointments are yet to be made, I think all the appointments done are not up to 100 sef. But the most alarming thing is how he doesn't confer with his party members for the appointments, most of them just see the appointments on the news like us.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by lastpage: 12:04am On Aug 29, 2015
dejol88:
1 ,An average yoruba man lack common sense. 2.
2.Lack analytical reasoning
3. The smart ones among them were tag outcast.
4. That why they alwaysvsee igbos as there problem

Yorubas dont give a phuck about Ibos!
Yorubas have made their intention known: They will Vote for Buhari. End of story.

it is ibos who are #Wailing and insulting Yorubas allover the place for voting Buhari

But they can #Wail till 2023 for all we care.
That Presidency, dem no go smell am shishi!
grin grin

Now we will know who lack common sense, analytical reasoning and daft! tongue tongue

Lastpage!

8 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 29, 2015
the south is just as complex as the north...
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by lastpage: 12:13am On Aug 29, 2015
Kamikazeguru:
I can vividly remember the first 3 months of President Obama in White house,he appoint almost all is former staffs from Chicago as is kitchen cabinet and even making the present Chicago mayor Raheem Emmanuel is Chief of Staff.American as a democratic country that believe in there president never ridicule there president rather they support him.this is the time Nigeria should unite and lets support our president for job well done...

That is the difference between Americans that want America to be a better country and some clownish, #wailing, opportunist whose only interest in Nigeria is what they can grab, like a pack of WOLVES!

From Buhari's third day in office, they have been crying and #Wailing all day and night ...over appointments like their lives depend on it.
angry angry

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by LightofEarendil: 12:20am On Aug 29, 2015
Hmmm. When I first heard the news, I was a bit disappointed at the appointment. But then I asked myself why it is so important that we "share" out these appointments equally and what benefits will it get me.
I thought back over the last 16 years and wondered what benefits have I enjoyed from this kind of arrangement.
I thought of friends and families who have stayed out of the country in far lands where they have no ethnic recognition just because things work better in these places.
In my state, no one seems to care how the government is ran. Everyone is fixated on the FG. Truth is that if Nigeria is to change for the better, some things just have to change. Well, its hard to predict how this government will fare, but I welcome the fact that we are being forced to ask some tough questions on why we need to keep doing things the same way and expect better results

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by dontiky: 12:25am On Aug 29, 2015
One question u should all ask ursefs is.... is the appointments he has made so far constitutional? i believe yes. all u wailing should pack well and embrace change from wat u already knw.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by loswhite(m): 12:32am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.
This post just made u look very foolish. Go do research and come back
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Ayiose(m): 12:37am On Aug 29, 2015
As far as d Nigerian project is concerned, I'm not bothered about where u come from but what comes from u, what u bring forth to positively impact our lives.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by BraniacX(m): 12:48am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
I don't care wether all appointment is from nt, what we need is credibility.afterall, southerners are most corrupt.

Id1ot!!!!

IBB, abacha, abdusalam and the northerners that have been sucking Nigeria's blood from time immemorial are all southerners abi? Fool!! undecided
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by BraniacX(m): 12:49am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.

According to who fool?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by BraniacX(m): 12:51am On Aug 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Google will do a better job than me wink and oh! remember we are not searching for achievements but trustworthiness and clean track records.

And nobody down the geographical south has a clean record abi?
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by BraniacX(m): 12:52am On Aug 29, 2015
hinwazaka:
Anyone who replies Pierocash, should have his head examined

Too late embarassed

I already did

My apologies
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by advocates: 12:53am On Aug 29, 2015
hinwazaka:

You know nothing of Vital statistics, operational analysis, game theory, barriers to entry, capital flight, IS-LM equation. That's why you think the past administration was a flop. When you have a knowledge of economics, its parameters and what it truly entails, you will know what NOI, Diezani and GEJ did for the country. Till then, keep your mouth shut.
Says the loud mouthed statistician. The principle of Federal Character as it relate to political offices is only applicable to ministerial appointments and perhaps Permanent secretaries and directors of ministries. But an appointment directly under the office and supervision of the president is base on his discretion and who he feels he want. Please don't hide under the guise of Federal Character to insult the sensibility of Mr. President and his effort so far. People will always make noise when there is nothing to shout about. So absurd how you folks from the east would rather see the president fail than to succeed. If you think your half baked analysis will make the President compromise, I must confess you have a long way to go. Keep hating while we keep moving.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by datribune: 12:59am On Aug 29, 2015
People crying marginalization should understand dat d days of "COME & CHOP" is gone. d president appointed dis people to come & work. He appointed people whom he knows & trusts dat will work very hard 4 him. Just look at d vigour wit which d present group of Service Chiefs ar working 4 d president & our country. They ar on ground wit d troops in d N/East supervising d war efforts. By d way why are d igbo leading d complaints of marginalization?. How can a tribe dat produced d CBN gov, NNPC DG, BPP DG & Deputy Senate President complain of marginalization?. It makes d wailers look bad.
CBN gov : Ibo,
NNPC DG - Ibo,
NBC  : DG - Ibo,
Dep Sen pres : Ibo
Head NIMET : Ibo
DG BPP : Ibo
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by bashsani(m): 1:03am On Aug 29, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

And she say she is from Oron... Ode-oshi Yoruba girl, sweetlemon you ve finally expose yourself today. The north have more tribe than the south but nobody care to know why all of them will love to be called only Hausas... Under AREWA umbrella but the useless SW have been dividing Igbos and their brothers, Yoruba's have not told gwari man or kanuri man that he is not hausa
I once post this here that let the SE attain the status where two tribes (which are actually more) merge as HAUSA-FULANI because of the harmony and togetherness co-exist before thinking cedetion
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by djcliff(m): 1:08am On Aug 29, 2015
its so unfortune how some people think!

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Duru1(m): 1:08am On Aug 29, 2015
advocates:
Says the loud mouthed statistician. The principle of Federal Character as it relate to political offices is only applicable to ministerial appointments and perhaps Permanent secretaries and directors of ministries. But an appointment directly under the office and supervision of the president is base on his discretion and who he feels he want. Please don't hide under the guise of Federal Character to insult the sensibility of Mr. President and his effort so far. People will always make noise when there is nothing to shout about. So absurd how you folks from the east would rather see the president fail than to succeed. If you think your half baked analysis will make the President compromise, I must confess you have a long way to go. Keep hating while we keep moving.

The stream of the thought that produced the above crap is the main reason Nigeria is a sea of failure and backwardness. I guess the financial means which the Daura Dumbass will use to run the zoo exclusively come from northern region of Nigeria.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by mikolo80: 1:52am On Aug 29, 2015
hinwazaka:
please can you state categorically the achievements of the appointees, that made them edge out their competitors for the job.
do you have a list of southerners
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by crispberry(f): 2:00am On Aug 29, 2015
Spikkylee:
Hbv

Hepatitis B virus sad
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ahmedsimpa(m): 2:59am On Aug 29, 2015
Pls I want to ask this simple question. Those political appointees do they take their salaries and allowances to their villages to share to their people?

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by 3kay945(m): 3:05am On Aug 29, 2015
HKCOMPANY:
Trash ,pl where is barcanistan i love reading that guys comment
The guy get future

He/it probably wailing somewhere. undecided
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by AbuadStudent(m): 3:31am On Aug 29, 2015
LoveMachine:

As in..this thread got me thinking mehn!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Half-Unclad Women Protest In Kaduna Against Killings / Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London / Forecast: Why These Seven People Could Be Nigeria’s Next Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.