Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,550 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle (40934 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by vega84(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2015
My brother ur point Is clear. Bt u should also knw that north is north, whether NE NW OR NC, me am nt against PMB Appointing technocrats, bt can this technocrats only found in the north? I guess nt! They are also in the South. Take a look @ the new customs boss fr instance, hw will a retired military officer be appointed overall to head the NCS jst like that? Which rank is he going to wear?what does he knw abt customs job? Does he knw anything abt customs traff ? Was he ever trained in customs in laws and etc? Is there no other person within NCS that is ok fr the job? Am nt saying he should nt appoint the man bt why nt EFCC or even ICPC, since it is rumored that the man is a disciplinary. Meanwhile am happy that the likes of amaechi didn't make that list. #vegatalks
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2015
HO: Appointment from all geo political zones of nigeria does not significantly influence good governance.
H1: Appointment must be made from geo political zones of Nigeria in other to influence good governance.

Sometimes u wonder what Nigerians want! Good governance or Spreadworth appointments.

Even the northerners that r wailing is it not because the appoinment hasn't been made from the regular hausa/fulani clans? Let's give change a chance pls. We all clamoured fr change...I think something that is done differently from how things were done in the past is called "Change" right?
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by litetias(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2015
Good analysis. Well done.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2015
I love pple wt brain and uve got loads of it.....I dash u kiss....I thought they said GMB is a religious bigot...awon were.....I'll copy and paste this on Facebook
Sweetlemon:
Since it's in vogue to check demographics of appointees rather than their track records, very well then we shall do so. While most of us are shouting "Northern Agenda" Let's take a closer look at this expression called "North". Let's be sincere, when we hear North, the first thing that comes to mind is Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. But we have all forgotten or simply refused to learn that North is divided into
Geographically:
1. North East
2. North West
3. North Central

Demographically:
1. Core Muslim
2. Almost 200 Minority tribes
3. A fair chunk of Christian population
4. Hausa/Fulani plus Kanuri Majority Tribes

Simply put, the North is 5 times more complex than the South.
Now let's examine possible reasons why we just assume North to be Hausa/Fulani/Muslim. The answer is not rocket science. It's simply because Hausas and Fulanis have been dominating the Northern scene since forever. Now let's take a closer look at Buhari's Northern appointments so far;
Did we miss the fact that a fair number of the ones in sensitive posts are from minority tribes and in fact Christians??
Now help me ask yourselves, when last did Northern Christians get recognition? When last did we hear of tribes like Kilba, Angas, Tula, Waja? Is it not indeed some sort of change from the usual Hausa/Fulani/SS/Yoruba/Igbo/Muslim we keep hearing all over the place? Ok nau. Are we aware of the SGF is a Pastor of proven integrity? Don't you think that empowering and recognizing the Christians and minority tribes will go a long way in checking insurgencies and attacks on these vulnerable people by Fulani herdsmen, etc? Are you now trying to say that these minorities in the North who have never been given recognition but have been patiently waiting are lower and inferior Nigerians? Don't they deserve spots just like the conventional Yorubas which make up SW, Igbos which make up SE and then the different SS tribes?

I'm not done yet. Have we noticed that these appointees are not your usual politicians? Does that not mean that it won't be the "awon goons mi" business as usual? They were almost regular people until Buhari made them popular, meaning they don't have a never-ending list of goons they need to reward. I know most disappointed APC fans had placed their bets on Onu, Fashola, and Ameachi. They have erroneously seen Nigeria politics as a sport betting game or a fantasy football league where you conjure up your own "dream team". Smh.

If we still insist on this marginalization talk can we ask ourselves these questions?;

1. Is there more stable electricity in North than in the south?
2. The clean up in sectors so far, does it in the long run affect only Northerners? If the EFCC, Customs, pensions, NNPC etc are functioning properly does it not mean better for us as a whole? When last did you queue for fuel?
3. Buhari just ordered clean up of ogoni areas, (let's not forget we just had an ND son there for the past five years!) Are Northerners the ones to benefit from this exercise?

Can we please just relax our muscles a bit while we watch how things eventually play out?
I don't know why the average Nigerian does not think outside the box. These points here are things I pray each and every person reading this will ponder on with at least half an open mind. This is the first time I will be begging the mods to move my thread to FP. My message must touch as many hearts as possible.
Call me a hopeless Nigeria-lover. Yeah I know I am because I'm the type that loves with all my heart, I may get angry but I still love. smiley

Good bless The Federal Rebublic of Nigeria!
Sai Buhari!

Cheers!

Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Obinoscopy.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by sinkhole: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2015
I wouldn't have worried about who leads what in Nigeria if not for how we run things here! I work in the north in a place being led by a SS person and beleive me, the leader simply filled the top post with his/her people! A that exactly is my fear now.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
[s][/s]Trashy Trash as if the south does not have numerous tribes divided between christanity and islam that are suffering from pollution
did u just show ur ignorance? take ur pills....u cldav countered her 9ce and lovely writeup with a writeup of ur own but sorry; u lack what she has......A brain
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2015
EasternLion:

Lamorde, Lamido...etc etc.
lamorde hasn't been proven guilty; he ddnt say Northerners are not corrupt but an example is why cldnt GEJ clean up ogoniland...simple because some powerful people from dat region are gaining from the spoils
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.
I disagree...GEJ is even too much...they ddnt loot half of what madueke, Oduah, Ngozi don chop

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by enocan4life: 8:48am On Aug 29, 2015
We are talking of a better nigeria here let leave tribe n region out of it. GEJ ws there what ws the benefit to the SS? SE road not tarred, ogoniland not clean but here a NE man doing what he feels good for the good of all. A NE man is different from a NW man just like a SE man is diff from a SW man . Let get the diff and stop all these mediamadness.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ocelot2006(m): 8:58am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
I don't care wether all appointment is from nt, what we need is credibility.afterall, southerners are most corrupt.

So the northern leaders who WRECKED and LOOTED this nation for FORTY (40) + YEARS are what? Angels? Imagine the STUPIDITY on your part?

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 9:05am On Aug 29, 2015
OnlyemmyM:
My man I hail you but are you sure you read history of these men you said they did not loot half of what Jonathan looted, They country is this bad, it was all of IBB and OBJ , Jonathan is a saint where these men are, answer this question, Who devalue our Naira, whose president wife was caught smuggling Cocaine outside the country and that led to Dele giwas death, Am waiting for your answers please.
I stil maintain my position, Jonathan looted more than this thieves of Atiku, IBB, Abacha altogether.what was d price of crude oil during their regime? what was Nigeria debt profile as of d time of them leaving office compared to nw? hw much was Nigeria's foreing reserve compared to nw? how much was a dollar to naira compared to nw? what of electricity Condition during IBB regime compare it nw.despite d fact that Jonathan sold more crude and generated more revenue more than IBB, ABACHA,OBJ, and Yaradua altogether.people dnt know this, they just vent their tantrums out of sentiment and ignorance, just go and research on this and come back and quote me wrong.Jonathan is d most brutal criminal Nigeria has ever had.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2015
Nosaghae:

If Southerners are the most corrupt the North would have been the most developed región considering the fact that they have been at the corridor of power since Nigeria got independence. IT IS NOT THE LOAD THAT BREAKS US BUT THE WAY WE CARRY IT.
Maidugry is more beautiful than portharcourt, kano outstands every southern state except Lagos.Kaduna or jos mention any of d nothern state that south is better than especially bayelsa and portharcourt that are oil producing states.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ndcide(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2015
bushdoc9919:

There is the '' problem''.

Government exists for development....not to give clerical jobs.

And you Nigerians focus on Abuja so much.....and yet do not focus on what your states are doing!

If your state governors were working....you won't miss Abuja at all. You would not be jostling for government job...because your state governor has developed your state to the point that there are jobs galore.

You know....I know you Nigerians love oil money. That oil money is what is keeping you from creating jobs...because you import the things you can make. And at the end of the day....the only job is government job. When you can earn far more in a properly diversified economy.

But no....you people want to sit down in govt office and chop money. You do not want to take the risky road of developing an idea and providing jobs as a result.

You people better stop acting like there is a national cake.

And as for me....I wait for the Ministers.....and once appointed.....I wait for their performance. If they are not doing well.....then out APC goes in 2019.

If your idea of development is how many scholarships, and how many jobs and promotions....then you have the wrong idea of governance. Yes...and I am also talking to Northerners who think like the two of you do.

Are you a Nigerian? You are writing as if you are not a Nigerian. Your opinion shows ignorance.

Look the people in power today are those against resources control / true federalism. They want to be the ones sharing the food to the nation.

The system is structured in a way that Governors will continue to look at buhari for survival. If you offend him, he'll deal with you. This is the thing his party and supporters want. You can hear them talk. They even played politics with the National conference, just because they feel they have a possible shot that the central sharing house (Abuja ).

Tell me which governor which does not need Abuja.

We can't just stop focusing on Abuja just because it's buhari up there. Did any body ask their governor what they did with SURE-P funds? When we tried that in Lagos what did we get? The biased media told us it was all about FG.

The truth is that a lot of people who are, see no wrong, hear no wrong with buhari are just being silly. We know how Nigeria operates.

Please know this, the presidency was 80% not about APC as a party.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ocelot2006(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
Abacha, IBB, Atiku altogether didn't loot half what only Jonathan looted.

WAKKA! !! You are a class a BUFFOON!! IBB institutionalised corruption, under Abacha our score in the Transparency International Corruption Perception Index was ROCK BOTTOM (2nd most corrupt country in the WORLD). Yet it is GEJ, under who Nigeria scored it's HIGHEST POINT in the same Transparency International Corruption Perception Index in our history, that is the most corrupt?! You're an idiot! Farts-for-brains.

Here's an award just for you....

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2015
ocelot2006:

So the northern leaders who WRECKED and LOOTED this nation for FORTY (40) + YEARS are what? Angels? Imagine the STUPIDITY on your part?
They are Angels compared to Jonathan.Jonathan is d most brutal rogue Nigeria has ever had.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Pierocash(m): 9:25am On Aug 29, 2015
ocelot2006:

WAKKA! !! You are a class a BUFFOON!! IBB institutionalised corruption, under Abacha our score in the Transparency International Corruption Perception Index was ROCK BOTTOM (2nd most corrupt country in the WORLD). Yet it is GEJ, under who Nigeria scored it's HIGHEST POINT in the same Transparency International Corruption Perception Index in our history, that is the most corrupt?! You're an idiot! Farts-for-brains.

Here's an award just for you....
Yes he institutionalized it, Jonathan decorated and skyrocketed it into a sky scraper.Infact stealing was no longer corruption, he beautufied it, nurtured it, and approved it, any one who dares raise an alarm was sacked.e.g Sanusi.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by 4stylz: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2015
dabriggs:

You people cannot do anything. He has appointed who he likes.

You can only sit on your PCs and type anything you like.

Calling yourselves names like yeebos, flat heads, slaves, Southwest, Southeast etc.

Let that heaven that will fall down, fall down today.

He has chosen who he wants as secretary. He chose who he trusts and who he can work with.

If I was allowed to choose a secretary, I will also choose who I think I can work with.

And your pride will not allow you see the right things
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by asamaigho(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2015
menix:

Hmmm..
Wow.. u mst b a Lebanese for not having d knowledge that Federal character applies to recruitment nd admission in institution like NDA..

is ur betraying its purpose?d discussion is abt political appoints and u r here derailing like a wailing wailer.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by rabol(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2015
hinwazaka:
please can you state categorically the achievements of the appointees, that made them edge out their competitors for the job.

And who were their "competitors" for the job? Was there any form of competition before they got chosen?

And again, whats the point in repeating the same set of political jobbers even if they have a very good track record (of which such people are even scarce in this our present political atmosphere). What happens to trying out new hands?

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by soludo93(m): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2015
oluamid:

And where exactly did that style of doing things get us? Only a mad man continue to do something the same way and expect a different result.

Change no be for mouth. Real "CHANGE" is a break from the past!

what has changed from your parochial considerations? Is it a blend of technocrats and politicians or refocusing on minority ethnic group? Hellbent buharists are sweating to justify his lopsided appointments but to think that 75% of northerners in government will end corruption, Buhari is cynically deceiving Nigerian public.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by Forwetinnah: 10:14am On Aug 29, 2015
Aystarz:

LoL... I guess this tone will work better on them than using logic and common sense to make these hopeless wailers understand what MR President is on about. Like seriously there ain't anything, anyone of you can do about it other than type, type and type your lives away on NL and wherever. PMB won't be bullied to listen to your call to let in corruption back again...You should know that by now.The sooner you all understand, the better for you.

Shame...i really pity people like you. Your mallam has been appointing friends and allies in crime and you're here talking about "not letting corruption in". He is as much as the fraud as the ones he's appointed so far. Don't worry, more stories will come

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 10:30am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:
I stil maintain my position, Jonathan looted more than this thieves of Atiku, IBB, Abacha altogether.what was d price of crude oil during their regime? what was Nigeria debt profile as of d time of them leaving office compared to nw? hw much was Nigeria's foreing reserve compared to nw? how much was a dollar to naira compared to nw? what of electricity Condition during IBB regime compare it nw.despite d fact that Jonathan sold more crude and generated more revenue more than IBB, ABACHA,OBJ, and Yaradua altogether.people dnt know this, they just vent their tantrums out of sentiment and ignorance, just go and research on this and come back and quote me wrong.Jonathan is d most brutal criminal Nigeria has ever had.
as much as we hated Abacha; he created PTF and put Buhari in charge so that excess cash from crude oil will be saved and used for something else. GEJ depleted PTDF....
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by bravesoul247(m): 10:30am On Aug 29, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Are you sane
that guy has mental problem. Abacha's money that is never ending, they are still recovering his money till date sef, dem still never see am collect finish.

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2015
Pierocash:

Yes he institutionalized it, Jonathan decorated and skyrocketed it into a sky scraper.Infact stealing was no longer corruption, he beautufied it, nurtured it, and approved it, any one who dares raise an alarm was sacked.e.g Sanusi.
IBB built 3rd main land bridge even without high crude sales unlike now....yet GEJ cldnt complete 2nd Niger bridge in 6yrs even with high crude sales.....what are we now saying

1 Like

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by barcaboi(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2015
4stylz:

And your pride will not allow you see the right things
so the right thing is he shd appoint som1 he doesn't trust?....wtf are u saying. ..4stylz made a reasonable comment yet u badmouth it with this senseless trash
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by adamshuaib(m): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2015
advocates:
Says the loud mouthed statistician. The principle of Federal Character as it relate to political offices is only applicable to ministerial appointments and perhaps Permanent secretaries and directors of ministries. But an appointment directly under the office and supervision of the president is base on his discretion and who he feels he want. Please don't hide under the guise of Federal Character to insult the sensibility of Mr. President and his effort so far. People will always make noise when there is nothing to shout about. So absurd how you folks from the east would rather see the president fail than to succeed. If you think your half baked analysis will make the President compromise, I must confess you have a long way to go. Keep hating while we keep moving.

nationwide1:

Even you did not read it with open mind.

I tell you no logic can justify / successfully defend this misstep of the president. Anyone who supports the insensitive appointments is a blind and naive supporter of Buhari.

Do you know there is a part of Nigerian constitution that talks about "federal character"?

Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by ibro360(m): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2015
The next 24hr is for the # WaillingWailers well we know so here is a special gift for them The only Constitutional guideline for making Federal appointments is the Federal Character Principle.So far,PMB is still very far from violating that provision. As a matter of fact,he needs to relieve more southerners of Federal appointments in other not to violate the Federal Character principle. 1.NIMET~Dr. Anthony Anuforom 2.NNPC~Eng. Andrew Yakubu 3.NIMASA~Patrick Apobolokemi 4.PENCOM~Mrs. Chinelo Anohu Amazu 5.FERMA~Engr. Chukwu Amuchi 6.DPR~Mr. George Osahon 7.Bank Of Industry~Ms. Evelyn Oputu 8.Nigerian Content Dev. Agency~Ernest Nwanpa 9.Consumer Protection Agency~Mrs Dupe Atoki 10.NCC~Engr. Eugene Juwa 11.NAMA~Engr. Nnamdi Udoh 12.NCAA~Engr. Akikuotu 13.FAAN~George Uriesi 14.NCAT~Capt. Chinere Kalu 15.SEC~Aruma Otteh 16.Sovereign Wealth Fund~Uche Orji 17.NAFDAC~Dr Paul Orhil 18.FIIRO~Dr. Mrs. G. N Elemo 19.Maritime Academy Of Nigeria~Oron Joshua Okpo 20.Railway Corporation~Eng. Seyi Sijuwade 21.Nigerian Tourism Dev. Corporation~Mrs. Sally Mbanefoh 22.Budget Office Of The Federation~Dr Bright Okogwu 23.NERDC~Prof Godswill Obioma 24.NEXIM~Mr R. R Orya 25.Standard Organization Of Nigeria~Dr Joseph Odumodu 26.Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation~Eme ka Nkem Mba 27.Industrial Training Fund~Prof. Longmas Wapmuk 28.National University Commission~Prof. Okojie 29.NESREA~Mrs. N.S Benebo 30.MDG Office~Dr. Precious Gbenio 31.Surveyor General Of The Federation~Pete r Chigozie 32.Statistician General Of The Federation~Dr. Yemi Kale 33.Accountant General Of The Federation~Mr. Jonah Otunla 34.Auditor General Of The Federation~Samu el Yonongo Ukura 35.National Orientation Agency~Mike Omieri 36.News Agency Of Nigeria~Oluremi Oyo Oluremi Oyo was replaced by Ima Niboro....from the South South. 37.NEPC E/S David I Adelugba 38.NEPZA~Mr. Olugbenga Kuye 39.BPP~Engr Emeka Ezeh 40.Niger Delta Ministry-Orubebe, etc...
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:53am On Aug 29, 2015
Luckylife:
Just imagine the original writer could not even get upto 3 likes for this his bias text, this copy copy gal requoted his text see many that likes witout reading it just because she's a gal. Nawa for guys .
It doesnt matter bro, @ least she was magnanimous and matured to reference the statement...i'm proud of ha gesture
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by samento: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2015
My fellow nairalanders, we need to understudy our president. He is not the democrat that want to share positions among people that are already envisaging that I will become this when my party wins. Whereby corruption will be encouraged. This is a president who want to overhaul the whole system to the benefit of all Nigerians both at home and in the diaspora. We are all Nigerians so he can appoint anybody so far that person can deliver. Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle by kestolove95(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2015
Luckylife:
Just imagine the original writer could not even get upto 3 likes for this his bias text, this copy copy gal requoted his text see many that likes witout reading it just because she's a gal. Nawa for guys .
hahahahahhaha...u dey vez?...I get enuf fans na dats y...imagin sae na wizkid post am...him go gt more likes pass me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Godwin Obaseki's Promise Of 200,000 Jobs Got Him These Responses On Facebook / Abba Kyari: The Untold Story Of President Buhari’s Chief Of Staff / Police Battle Militants In Akwa Ibom As They Attempt To Invade Govt House-Sitipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.