Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks (15458 Views)

Kenny Brandmuse Weds His Gay Boyfriend In U.S (Wedding Photos) / Lady Cheats On Her Boyfriend In Advance Because She Was Suspecting Him Of Same / Lady Announced She ‘Lost’ Her Boyfriend In Epic Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by shizzy7(f): 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
@sunshine2016 BE VERY CONCERNED
CALL HIM EVERY HOUR
IF HE DOESN'T PICK
START FASTING

Temptation everywhere in every country
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by passionate88: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
andromida:

So for the last 2 yrs you've been crying all night and having sleepless nights because of a man who hardly gives you attention my darling there are so many good men who will be glad to give you attention why oh why have you chained yourself to this man believing you are still in a relationship with him? Leave this man and make yourself available to willing, able and happy men.
That's the 'fish brain' mentality we keep talking about.

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Sunshine2016(f): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2015
passionate88:
Not all Nigerian men are promiscious... I once shared a story here where two femal course mates of mine slept in my lodge, I left the bed and slept on the cold floor, in the 9t one invited me to bed, I didn't do anything nor attempt anything with them. Later in the morning they started berating me, that two girls slept in the same bed with me yet I couldn't do anything. I like girls, most of my friends are girls but I hate the way they reason. That's why Nigerian guys likes tagging them as 'fish brain'.

Okay well maybe not all Nigerian men, but most are. Like 80-90% of Nigerian men cheat. Don't ask me where I pulled those stats from cos I csbf defend them lol but everywhere I go, every story i hear and most of my experiences/ experiences of others confirm that Nigerian men do have a problem with fidelity. Especially Yoruba and Hausa men. Hausa men, we can even blame it on religion ( Islam) but Yoruba men? Simply an insatiable desire for sex and lack of self control. I'm Yoruba btw before you accuse me of tribalism lol.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by passionate88: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sunshine2016:

You're welcome. Lol yeah they are. Polygamy is rife in Nigeria, so is adultery to a worrying degree. The sad thing is they don't ascribe the same standards to themselves but guess that's the society we have to contend with. In a nutshell, women here are sexually repressed and those who dare to challenge societal platitudes are labelled "whores" and what not.
You supress yourselves. You give it names like 'taking my time' 'no sex till after wedding' ' premarital sex is wrong', etc... You lots keep thinking like we are in the 90's... This is 2015, wake up and smell the coffee

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sunshine2016:

He used to have casual sex BEFORE we met. In the past 2 years he hadn't had sex with the SAME girl more than 5 times... I'm his first relationship in a long time. If I were to have sex with someone else, he most likely wouldn't forgive me. He's already told me this, so why shouldn't I hold him to the same standard?

By all means hold him to the same standard. Are you saying for the period you've been together he has been sleeping with same chic like 5 times? I am sorry if i am being slow is that not cheating to you?
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by vani86: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
andromida:

So for the last 2 yrs you've been crying all night and having sleepless nights because of a man who hardly gives you attention my darling there are so many good men who will be glad to give you attention why oh why have you chained yourself to this man believing you are still in a relationship with him? Leave this man and make yourself available to willing, able and happy men.

You have time to reply her. For 2 years, he is doing his thing rarely talks to her and she thinks she is still in a relationship hahahahahahha.

And to think there is someone who maybe genuine asking her to date but she wi refuse forming girls who their bf are abroad angry

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Sunshine2016(f): 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=shizzy7 post=37492456]@sunshine2016 BE VERY CONCERNED
CALL HIM EVERY HOUR
IF HE DOESN'T PICK
START FASTING

Temptation everywhere in every country[/quo

I'm actually not allowing my insecurities reflect when I speak to him. I'm also giving him a lot of space and letting him reach out to me first. This is a forum where I can express my fears anonymously without being ridiculed, hopefully, hence why I'm being so open and transparent. I'm not going to start blowing up his phone and pestering him about what he's up to. That would undoubtedly be counter productive.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
scribble:

Maybe the man promised her ring along the line

When women think a man may marry them, they lose their common sense

As in there needs to be a lord of the rings PT 4 featuring Naija babes

Yes that marriage line works magic cheesy almost all the time.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by passionate88: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sunshine2016:

Okay well maybe not all Nigerian men, but most are. Like 80-90% of Nigerian men cheat. Don't ask me where I pulled those stats from cos I csbf defend them lol but everywhere I go, every story i hear and most of my experiences/ experiences of others confirm that Nigerian men do have a problem with fidelity. Especially Yoruba and Hausa men. Hausa men, we can even blame it on religion ( Islam) but Yoruba men? Simply an insatiable desire for sex and lack of self control. I'm Yoruba btw before you accuse me of tribalism lol.
I neither Yoruba nor Hausa, neither am I a Muslim, and I consider myself a liberated believer when it comes to Religion... On that part of you 'taking it slow', that's you suppressing yourself, allowing society to dictate to you, or you are afraid that after he has 'tasted' you, he will leave.

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by passionate88: 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
vani86:

You have time to reply her. For 2 years, he is doing his thing rarely talks to her and she thinks she is still in a relationship hahahahahahha.

And to think there is someone who maybe genuine asking her to date but she wi refuse forming girls who their bf are abroad
This part dey vex me eh

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by shizzy7(f): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=Sunshine2016 post=37492902][/quote]

Hi, I was just being sarcastic in my previous post..

If he really likes you he won't do anything silly and its not about the country but about his principles and Discipline... He could also cheat in Nigeria or any other country But every lady will feel insecure especially when its someone she really loves
**You can't even handle Distance relationship

Its just 2weeks,,
before you know what's happening
VOILÀ
SWEERY IS BACK
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Sunshine2016(f): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
andromida:

By all means hold him to the same standard. Are you saying for the period you've been together he has been sleeping with same chic like 5 times? I am sorry if i am being slow is that not cheating to you?

It's okay maybe I didn't express my thoughts clearly enough. What I'm saying is before we met and started dating, he hadn't actually been in a proper relationship with any other girl in over two years. He was basically having casual affairs and dalliances so much so that he never bad sex more than five times with the same girl. So he'd meet Anita, have sex maybe up to five times and then move on to the next. No strings attached kinda sex. But he claims to have stopped all that since we got together.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sunshine2016:

It's okay maybe I didn't express my thoughts clearly enough. What I'm saying is before we met and started dating, he hadn't actually been in a proper relationship with any other girl in over two years. He was basically having casual affairs and dalliances so much so that he never bad sex more than five times with the same girl. So he'd meet Anita, have sex maybe up to five times and then move on to the next. No strings attached kinda sex. But he claims to have stopped all that since we got together.

Now i get. The guy is in SA you can never know what he is up to as long as he does not give you a reason to doubt him, then you don't worry maybe you trust yourself that if he can't hold up his own end you will be courageous enough to walk away instead of worrying, doubting and thinking the worst which will eventually break down the relationship. By the way nothing wrong in taking your time, i don't believe that is being sexually repressive you don't want to do what is not good for you just to please a man.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Elegantdiva: 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
@ Vani...funny... funny enuff i like men asking me out not boyz..D fact that he is a man makes me hapi.. U sure know abt first love?... He gves me attentionbut not as before .. I i rather brk up wif him than cheat on him.

U said willing man? what could they be after if not your body. God save ur soul if dont av a career. Recently i had a date with a client(office) , d whole discussion centred on clubbing ,partying, point and kill, listing all his cars and lands, etc

@ Sunshine i av never visited him but we planned smtin dis xmas either he visit or i visit
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Adaeze003(f): 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
Op. You're holding out till you know he's the one? Is that till marriage or till you convince yourself that he loves you grin... if it's the latter uhm... I have no words.

Elegantdiva:
Wow! You wrote my story .. Mine has bin there for 2yrs+ now. i keep crying all nite. i hardly sleep at nite. . To make it worst, My frnds keep telling me abt SA girls hips and boobs couple with the once i read on NL. He hardly gv me attention nor av erotic chat with me . I am a slim nd perrty lady from a decent family.... we ve been together for close to 6yrs now. .

If you're married lipsrsealed

But if you're in a relationship lipsrsealed

Lol! Gotta hold back my words before I spit fire... just buy more tissue.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by vague: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
Auntie Sunshine2016 it is when a lady thinks that her appearance alone will keep a man loyal to her that always lands her in messy relationships grin even Halle Berry herself was cheated on, what will make your appearance an exception? There is always a more attractive woman out there.

Your focus should be on whether you boyfriend is committed enough to keep it in his pants or not. Stop giving yourself a nose bleed over other girls, there do not know you and neither are they the ones in the relationship with you.

The day your self-worth stops being measured by how good looking you may think you are physically, is the day you will stop being insecure and over analysing everything.

Let me give you a sneak peek of what he may be dealing with to all these clubs he is going to....

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
Elegantdiva:
Wow! You wrote my story .. Mine has bin there for 2yrs+ now. i keep crying all nite. i hardly sleep at nite. . To make it worst, My frnds keep telling me abt SA girls hips and boobs couple with the once i read on NL. He hardly gv me attention nor av erotic chat with me . I am a slim nd perrty lady from a decent family.... we ve been together for close to 6yrs now. .

And you are still with him? May God have mercy on you
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by vague: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Elegantdiva:
if he doesnt make time for you, look for someone else who will. Whats 6yrs if its causing you sleepless nights?

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by kennycanny: 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
SA babes on this Forum head go dey swell already.
But on a serious note, I have visited and hung out with friends in both SA and UK. If not for papers , Nigerian men ll generally prefer to come back home and pick a wife instead of marrying a British lady. But with SA ladies, you ll realised that love does not cost anything! Nigerian men usually don't even want to date Nigerian babes even residing in SA.

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
kennycanny:
But on a serious note, I have visited and hung out with friends in both SA and UK. If not for papers , Nigerian men ll generally prefer to come back home and pick a wife instead of marrying a British lady. But with SA ladies, you ll realised that love does not cost anything! Nigerian men usually don't even want to date Nigerian babes even residing in SA.

I was wondering why I couldn't fit through the door, must be the swollen head caused by this thread grin Jokes aside, this is nothing because to be honest, most foreign ladies are threatened by South African ladies. I'm talking the ones that live in South Africa, btw. Not only Nigerians but Pakistanis, Indians, Ethiopians etc. Their ladies fear that South African females will take their men & in most cases, unfortunately, they do. Too many broken relationships I've seen & personally I blame the men.

I knew this beautiful Ethiopian lady that came with her husband here about 3 years ago. BEAUTIFUL girl. One day she told me about this affair her husband was refusing to end with this South African he was dating. In my mind I thought she must be breathtaking or something, but I was shocked to see that she was, imo, ugly, it's just that she had an amazing body. The Ethiopian lady has since moved to be with her brother in America. She gave up. I was really sad to hear about their breakup because she was a really nice person.

My point being, this is nothing to get big headed about, especially when it is hurtful to someone else. Only a psycho would find joy in the misery of others.

One of the Nigerian guys I know is crazy about the girl below. Men! Smh

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by kennycanny: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
PunkyVeer:

I was wondering why I couldn't fit through the door, must be the swollen head caused by this thread grin Jokes aside, this is nothing because to be honest, most foreign ladies are threatened by South African ladies. I'm talking the ones that live in South Africa, btw. Not only Nigerians but Pakistanis, Indians, Ethiopians etc. Their ladies fear that South African females will take their men & in most cases, unfortunately, they do. Too many broken relationships I've seen & personally I blame the men.

I knew this beautiful Ethiopian lady that came with her husband here about 3 years ago. BEAUTIFUL girl. One day she told me about this affair her husband was refusing to end with this South African he was dating. In my mind I thought she must be breathtaking or something, but I was shocked to see that she was, imo, ugly, it's just that she had an amazing body. The Ethiopian lady has since moved to be with her brother in America. She gave up. I was really sad to hear about their breakup because she was a really nice person.

My point being, this is nothing to get big headed about, especially when it is hurtful to someone else. Only a psycho would find joy in the misery of others.

Yea. apart from the shapes that guys are usually crazy about. SA babes get this advantage over our ladies. Nigeria lady generally sees a man as someone that most be meeting their needs(financial) so much is on a man to b a financial provider, if not u are usually seen as not man enough. They ll likely fall in love with d richest guy available. But SA babes based on my friends in SA, life is simple, you don't necessarily need money to be man enough.

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
kennycanny:

Yea. apart from the shapes that guys are usually crazy about. SA babes get this advantage over our ladies. Nigeria lady generally sees a man as someone that most be meeting their needs(financial) so much is on a man to b a financial provider, if not u are usually seen as not man enough. They ll likely fall in love with d richest guy available. But SA babes based on my friends in SA, life is simple, you don't necessarily need money to be man enough.

Well, that's what I've heard some Nigerian guys say too. I think it's very unfortunate. Ah well, one woman's trash is another woman's treasure I guess.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Well, that's what I've heard some Nigerian guys say too. I think it's very unfortunate. Ah well, one woman's trash is another woman's treasure I guess.
dude ur so pretty i jus checked ur dp
fine gehl grin

dont mind all these nigerian guys na mout them get grin
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
MrsPhyno:

dude ur so pretty i jus checked ur dp
fine gehl grin

dont mind all these nigerian guys na mout them get grin

You've too kind. Thanks smiley
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by vague: 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
PunkyVeer:

but There are more single mothers than married mothers amongst South African women. Does that mean you are only good for f*cking? do you believe you are worth anything else beyond that?

Don't think im insulting you but i know about 5guys that married SA women and they only did it so they can get easier access to USA, Australia and Canada, after that they lose contact with their "wives". I even met a guy in Chennai who has an estranged SA wife. Why are you bedwarmers and not keepers? No offence
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by passionate88: 12:40am On Aug 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Some people might be nice outside but very horrible to those close to them. I am a shy guy, a BIG/HUGE introvert. but when I am with my best friend or my siblings, I am a talkative.
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by mablie(m): 12:43am On Aug 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

You've "shined" my eyes. Thank you very much. I now understand.
Don't believe her post completely.In Nigeria the most sexed and promiscuous men are the most financially buoyant ones.That's men in their 40s,50s,60s and sometimes even 70s and 80s.The economy is terrible.Many unemployed poor young people.Sex has become a commodity for sale especially amongst the ladies.Many of the guys on Nland are in their late teens and 20s still struggling financially.In other words;hustling virgin nice guys.If you don't have money as a young able bodied man in nigeria,your left hand will become your gf and wife.Sex_ual frustration among the young male population is very common.No romance without finance in this jungle

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 31, 2015
mablie:
Don't believe her post completely.In Nigeria the most sexed and promiscuous men are the most financially buoyant ones.That's men in their 40s,50s,60s and sometimes even 70s and 80s.The economy is terrible.Many unemployed poor young people.Sex has become a commodity for sale especially amongst the ladies.Many of the guys on Nland are in their late teens and 20s still struggling financially.In other words;hustling virgin nice guys.If you don't have money as a young able bodied man in nigeria,your left hand will become your gf and wife.Sex_ual frustration among the young male population is very common.No romance without finance in this jungle

OMG, I just cackled like a hyena at this post. So funny. Hustling virgins, etc. Nice one. I get it.

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by vani86: 7:12am On Aug 31, 2015
Elegantdiva:
@ Vani...funny... funny enuff i like men asking me out not boyz..D fact that he is a man makes me hapi.. U sure know abt first love?... He gves me attentionbut not as before .. I i rather brk up wif him than cheat on him.

U said willing man? what could they be after if not your body. God save ur soul if dont av a career. Recently i had a date with a client(office) , d whole discussion centred on clubbing ,partying, point and kill, listing all his cars and lands, etc

@ Sunshine i av never visited him but we planned smtin dis xmas either he visit or i visit

You see dat fish brain we are talking about. So by your thinking every guy that ask you out apart fro. Your south african bf wants your body. My dear keep d body, its not the only body out there.

You picked the wrong client to go on a date with and it centered on clubbing and parties, you therefore generalise that it is all naija MEN are good in.

Sweetheart open your eyes, for your mind your bf have not shagged to his heart content in d 2 years he is in SA.

Just understand the fact say the guy aint celibate, yes he may genuinely love you and what not. But once you understand that fact and have a blind eye to it when he ia back in naija with you.

Then all is well that ends well
Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by vani86: 7:17am On Aug 31, 2015
kennycanny:

I never dated a nigerian girl in my 6 years in Manchester.

The ones i had something with were nigerian girla that grew up in england.

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by vani86: 7:19am On Aug 31, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Sweetheart that ass is what we are talking about .

Damn thats more like it

Re: Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks by kennycanny: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2015
vani86:

I never dated a nigerian girl in my 6 years in Manchester.

The ones i had something with were nigerian girla that grew up in england.

OK. but I am struggling to understand what point exactly you are trying to make on this matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Cannot Stay In Eden And Feed On Apples" / Why Are You Still Single? / ..

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99