Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory (32981 Views)

We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari / PMB 100-days-in-office-calendar-view / PMB 100 Days Of Hard Work And Sincere Service To Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by dougivilla(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

I can't see failure in a 100-day old regime. It makes no sense at all especially when there is not a single thing he should have achieved but failed to achieve.
One common traits of those that support PMB is their ability to be double faced! Pray, how can you look people in the eyes and tell them that its too early (#100days) to judge the failures of your principal's administration; yet within the same or even shorter time frame you opted to list out some ''phantom'' body language achievements of PMB?.

Would you want to join Lai Mohammed and APC to deny this thread by passingshot: https://www.nairaland.com/2490970/buharis-presidency-two-months-indisputable#36444186.

So, you can actually judge an administration as indisputably successful in two months and question the propriety or otherwise of another man judging the same administration as a failure in 3 months as is very obvious? smh.

Incase you know not, if there is nothing else PMB should have achieved, ''bringing an end to Bokoharam in two months'' as promised should have been. But as things stand now, over 2000 innocent souls have been killed within the same time frame given to put an end to this same insurgengy. There is absolutely no economic indicator to back up your propaganda of a better economy. Jobs are being lost daily, inflation is on the increase, check out price of goods(especially foodstuffs) and services, exchange rates are still volatile, NSE has suffered the highest loss in the history of this great country, within the period under review. The government is busy celebrating increase in reserve; Now tell me apart from overheads, which other maturing financial obligations has government been meeting? What else are they spending on? Are contractors being paid, are new contracts being awarded? instead existing contracts are been canceled!! When was the last project commissioned or even commenced? Why should'nt we have huge reserves?

Dear @Passingshot, kindly carry this your good news of a new improved Nigeria to the families of those loosing jobs daily or killed by bokoharam and receive your medal from them!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nwaanambra1(m): 10:25am On Sep 01, 2015
dekdek:

Now get this straight............There was nothing wrong with the pattern of Jonah-daft appointment and that explains why no one raise any issue out of it then and i put it to u also that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Generals pattern especially knowing fully well that well over 75% of appointments are yet to be made including ministers. Buhari isnt daft and dont think he doesnt know what he is doing. My message to u is on that basis, is plain wrong for u to conclude using that shaky basis that he is bigoted ethnically. When we say change, it means change from what is bad to what is good. Was everything about Jonah-daft government bad? of cos not. Jonahh-daft appoitments pattern wasnt a mistake but the personalities were so please stop attacking the pattern yet but look at the personalities. Until u have a full picture when most apoitments are made, it will be unwise to conclude the way u have already concluded.

dekdek = demdem! undecided

3 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by mecks15(m): 10:26am On Sep 01, 2015
One must take away ethnic affiliation and sentiments in this issues. From my point of view, what buhari has done within his 100 days in office is putting in place better institutions dat is free Of corruption and bribery, so that the dividends of this administration can be felt by the common man. To me its a right step in the right direction given that without a good and solid institution, his efforts and the change agenda won't be felt by Nigerians. Jonathan's efforts were rubbished, because he was working with a weak institution. I think he has started well within this 100 days, I just hope and pray that after thiS has been completed he will move continue with the tempo and give Nigerians the change they yearned fOr.

3 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by dekdek: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2015
nwaanambra1:

dekdek = demdem! undecided

KIndly focus on issue at stake here please.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Ugik(m): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

We have to wait for what happens next. No one can pre-determine that. The past is passed and we're in a new era.
if you say so, we will all wait and that is why it should not be listed as an achievement
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nwaanambra1(m): 10:28am On Sep 01, 2015
dekdek:

KIndly focus on issue at stake here please.

yes sir!

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by dekdek: 10:29am On Sep 01, 2015
nwaanambra1:

yes sir!

I appreciate sir !!!
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Ugik(m): 10:31am On Sep 01, 2015
mecks15:
One must take away ethnic affiliation and sentiments in this issues. From my point of view, what buhari has done within his 100 days in office is putting in place better institutions dat is free Of corruption and bribery, so that the dividends of this administration can be felt by the common man. To me its a right step in the right direction given that without a good and solid institution, his efforts and the change agenda won't be felt by Nigerians. Jonathan's efforts were rubbished, because he was working with a weak institution. I think he has started well within this 100 days, I just hope and pray that after thiS has been completed he will move continue with the tempo and give Nigerians the change they yearned fOr.
bro, devoid of ethnic affiliaton, what strong institutions are been put in place?
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by mecks15(m): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2015
That change is already being felt by true and patriotic Nigerians who are not blinded by sentiments and biase. The restructurings of ministries and all other organs of government is a very great part of that change we are talking about.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by sunsewa: 10:32am On Sep 01, 2015
A government built on lies,propaganda, hate against the previous government, populated by sadistic elements on vengeful mission, financed by corrupt politicians, is a government built on quick sand and not well articulated in ideas and policies,months without ministers, the pilots of administration shows how unready they are,my brothers from the southwest that enabled this government to stand has starting coming out to condemn the government several actions especially with regards to electioneering promises they are denying,lssue of non appointment of ministers,lopsided appointment lacking federal character which the spokesman acknowledged through his statement of balancing the equation through subsequent appointment, non publications of assets, but here in this forum,my southwest peoples are saying all is well and denying facts,why secretly dying in silence of buhari scam,look at beautiful Lagos lbadan road expansion has been stop,I saw it coming, leopard can never change is skin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by vedaxcool(m): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2015
axtpleasure:
omoni

grin grin grin grin lolz
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by anonimi: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2015
Any wonder there is so much propaganda to cover the inaction by this old man who confessed he cannot perform

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186238_sickness2bcollage1_jpeg2dee8778f7c10e5e1b3f285940bcb5e2
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by chukel(m): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2015
Passingshot, where is barcanista. I hope he is not staging a comeback. Let him remain a tanoid.

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by advocates: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2015
axtpleasure:
Nonsense... Past militaries against one civilian. If truly buhari is fighting corruption and PDP govt whom they claimed destroyed dis country, why is abubakar, obasanjor still at large... Its laughable becos if he dea talk abt dem they will leak out secretes he is covering. This man buhari is fake we have eyes and we can see aiit.
See how you people go about embarrassing yourself in public. I deduced you didn't read the articles before posting this inconspicuous grammar.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by anonimi: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2015
sunsewa:
A government built on lies,propaganda, hate against the previous government, populated by sadistic elements on vengeful mission, financed by corrupt politicians, is a government built on quick sand and not well articulated in ideas and policies,months without ministers, the pilots of administration shows how unready they are,my brothers from the southwest that enabled this government to stand has starting coming out to condemn the government several actions especially with regards to electioneering promises they are denying,lssue of non appointment of ministers,lopsided appointment lacking federal character which the spokesman acknowledged through his statement of balancing the equation through subsequent appointment, non publications of assets, but here in this forum,my southwest peoples are saying all is well and denying facts,why secretly dying in silence of buhari scam,look at beautiful Lagos lbadan road expansion has been stop,I saw it coming, leopard can never change is skin.

Indeed!
Jonathan built INSTITUTIONS!!
While Buhari is built on PROPAGANDA!!!

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2015
chinoasa:
can somebody pls help give dis chick one bottle of vodka!!! Choi
thanks bae, I think Jack Daniels with a ICE should do the magic
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Holak: 10:41am On Sep 01, 2015
ba7man:
Go back and read the post, highlight the propaganda and come back with your points.

Propaganda is when you say PMB has restored Nigeria's pride when we are running to all countries with a plate of wish-lists and being turned back by America. Later some of PMB governors started putting up billboard of where he was shaking Obama.

Propaganda is when you point to war on insurgency as an achievement when Boko Haram has killed people virtually everyday since PMB took over, even hitting the village of the newly appointed COAS.

Propaganda is when you attribute the usual drama that anti-corruption agencies play out by arresting some public officers, haranguing them and then nothing is heard of the case and then you call it achievement.

It is propaganda when you claim the economy of Nigeria has improved when against the backdrop of the promise of making N1 to $1, the Naira still remains high, Banks are no longer lending and companies are in orgies of retrenchment.

If these are not propaganda, then we need to redefine the word...

3 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by barcaboi(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
For many other Nigerians, it's been 100 wasted days. Let's examine the sectors one after the other:

1. Fight against corruption. It's been a 100 days of fighting corruption on the pages of newspapers, no policy, no programmes and no structural institutional changes.

2. Promised public asset declaration. Buhari has failed to declare his assets publicly as promised. For a govt that is sincere on fighting corruption, this should have been a quick win. What does Buhari, a so called clean man of integrity, have to hide? If Buhari wants to be taken seriously on his fight against corruption, then he must declare his assets publicly because he that comes to equity, must come with clean hand.

3. Govt appointments. Going by the 35 appointments made so far, the Buhari govt has turned out to be the most divisive, vindictive and tribalistic ever. We're seeing the worst form of nepotism. The current national debate alone on the issue of federal appointments shows that it has never been this bad.

4. Power sector. The president said in his inaugural speech that "studies are underway to identify the quickest way to bring power to Nigerians". It seems the study is not yet over because so far, no plans, no programmes and no projects for the power sector. The power sector is on autopilot mode from what was done in the last administration.

5. Oil sector. Besides the change in leadership of NNPC, nothing more has happened in the oil sector. No projects, no policy and no programmes

6. 100 days in office and more the 5 months after being elected, still no cabinet in place. All the MDAs are on autopilot mode

7. Most federal projects are stalled. Work has stopped on Lagos-Ibadan road, Second Niger bridge and many other federal roads

8. The economy is on standstill, no finance minister, no economic policy and no direction
I disagree. all these ministries have Permanent Secretaries who know the ministry inside out. Any minister will need a 'honeymoon' period b4 he can understand what is needed or how it functions. It is a masterstroke what PMB has done; he knows exactly what the ministry needs b4 he appoints some1 there so he won't be sold a dummy.....have u ever thought of it? guess not....u just want a minister bah.....he has submitted his asset to the concerned channel; left to them to make it public....guess ur mind skippd that too
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Thank you pal. Hope you read through. It's an epistle really. cheesy
one chilled bottle of zobo for u bro

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by moski5(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2015
NIGERIANS Lets be HONEST For Once

1. Gej brought about economic shutdown and almost collapse

2. His goofy attitude allowed massive looting

3. Corruption was the order of the day

4. A dollar was over #200

Pmb has gradually n is,still reversing Gej's effect on the Nation

For the first time in more than a decade 10l of fuel is 10l even in the "worst " Gas station A dollar is #199 economy is recovering etc

He still has a long way to go

Sick or not He's done better than the Two healthy Presidents we have

He's slow Yes, his approach is not liked Yes but Change is what we want

Nigeria I hail thee
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari's achievements will only be on the pages of newspapers and nairaland while the nation still remains at a standstill with a clueless driver

We've not used our generators for 4 days in my office and the last time we bought diesel, it was 120naira/litre and kerosene now sells for 50 naira in many filling stations. I think we are indeed experiencing some change regardless of how little it might be for now.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by ocelot2006(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:

Thank God you gave him kudos for one grudgingly.

You are beginning to see the light gradually.

GEJ's achievements in what way? Why did the light not improve under him and why did refineries refused to work under him?

OBJ developed the template for Power and initiated it, which GEJ was trying to claim. Likewise Railway reform. The story we heard then was, it is not who imitated but under whom the reforms are working. Same is applicable now.

This is thing with you folks. When you know you can't take anything from GEJ, you try to attribute it to OBJ. Well newsflash boy: no one's claiming the Establishment of NIPP. That is all OBJ. But GEJ administration takes credit for building MASSIVELY on that success. THAT is expected of GMB, not noise and baseless "body language" propaganda.

BTW, I never gave GMB that point "grudgingly". I'm just saying it as it is cos of the voodoo economics currently at play. As someone rightfully put it, its like starving one's children just to prove that you have money in the bank.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2015
This passingShot is a big time almajeri,..let the God manage ur life nd families as Buhari nd APC manage Nigeria,..say amen grin grin grin
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by koife(m): 11:09am On Sep 01, 2015
Straight....hottest region actually!

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by superstar1(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2015
ocelot2006:

This is thing with you folks. When you know you can't take anything from GEJ, you try to attribute it to OBJ. Well newsflash boy: no one's claiming the Establishment of NIPP. That is all OBJ. But GEJ administration takes credit for building MASSIVELY on that success. THAT is expected of GMB, not noise and baseless "body language" propaganda.

BTW, I never gave GMB that point "grudgingly". I'm just saying it as it is cos of the voodoo economics currently at play. As someone rightfully put it, its like starving one's children just to prove that you have money in the bank.

So you would rather us have a situation whereby tooth pick importers, tile importers doors importers, iron wrought importers, etc keep wasting our FX on goods that can be produced locally?

Thereby contributing to unemployment and lower GDP.

Infact, the list should be increased.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by PassingShot(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2015
RisingEast:
This passingShot is a big time almajeri,..let the God manage ur life nd families as Buhari nd APC manage Nigeria,..say amen grin grin grin
Big Amen.

4 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by PassingShot(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2015
chukel:
Passingshot, where is barcanista. I hope he is not staging a comeback. Let him remain a tanoid.
grin grin grin
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by PassingShot(m): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2015
Ugik:
if you say so, we will all wait and that is why it should not be listed as an achievement
My thread is not saying achievement. Read the title again.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by agurza(f): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Facts are laid bare for you, counter them with your facts.
please stop quoting fools. This type of people will never see the light and acknowledge that is light, they are blind, deaf and dump in the mind nothing you will say,do or demonstrate will ever make meaning to them. We appreciate your impartial and objective contributions towards a better Nigeria. Keep it up brother.

2 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by PassingShot(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2015
agurza:
please stop quoting fools. This type of people will never see the light and acknowledge that is light, they are blind, deaf and dump in the mind nothing you will say,do or demonstrate will ever make meaning to them. We appreciate your impartial and objective contributions towards a better Nigeria. Keep it up brother.
Thanks. Appreciated.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by charlesbailey(m): 11:23am On Sep 01, 2015
I really don't see why so much importance is being placed on just 100 days in office.. arrant nonsense!!! Did it take just 100 days for things to get this worse?? All this noise is just rubbish. We've had previous leaders who have spent lots of years in office and did nothing but get us to where we are now! Move for impeachment if your expectations weren't met in just 100 days!! As for OP, trust me i read none of your shit after seeing what the post is all about. My opinion!
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

You expect Buhari to be shouting up and down? Results speak for themselves.

Read one here: https://www.nairaland.com/2541222/buharis-integrity-increases-power-supply

This is Nigeria sir, every relatively rare or difficult accomplishment (feat) doesn't go without good publicity either by the achiever or his allies especially in the political circle.. i know you know this too !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Saraki Assembles Sans To Battle Police Over Invitation / 2023: Which Of These APC Presidential Aspirants Can Defeat PDP’s Atiku Abubakar? / VIO Not Permitted To Check Drivers Licence, Vehicle Particulars—frsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.