Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory (32940 Views)

We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari / PMB 100-days-in-office-calendar-view / PMB 100 Days Of Hard Work And Sincere Service To Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You case is a sorry one.
I suppose keeping an argument civil and factual is as difficult as choosing bombing sites between Kyoto and Nagazaki for you APC lots.

Your only saving grace is resorting to insults.

Trust me, if I choose to hurl invectives back at you, I'd still best you...but I choose not to.

Wait! Maybe you could convince me to haunt you with scathing remarks.♦

4 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Lordave: 9:23am On Sep 01, 2015
hensben:
So GeJ was overhauling for good six years and you call President Buhari baba go slow.

Una hypocrite and mumurity needs probing.
I'm holding Buhari by his words!

GEJ, for once, circumstance notwithstanding, did not ever boast about making the Naira equal to dollar or that he'd make oil price stable unlike Buhari that opened his amoebic mouth to make promises he can never achieve even in his Daura farm.

I'm not demanding immediate results from Buhari, I'm only trying to scupper your lies and ignominious propaganda so that you and your fellows don't succeed in hoodwinking more Nigerians to believing Buhari is archangel Michael.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by PassingShot(m): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2015
IbnSultaan:
PassingShot nice one
PMB is enroute to be Nigeria's best president Ever
Thank you pal. Hope you read through. It's an epistle really. cheesy

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by menesheh(m): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2015
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by PassingShot(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2015
Lordave:
What are you saying? GEJ should have released the names of looters or he should have published the results of investigation after each phase?

This is what you don't understand! GEJ was trying his best to put right the wrongs of his predecessors. Our judicial system, historically is one of the slowest if not the slowest in the world, we only get quick judgement under dictatorship, he was doing massive reform of the judiciary and every unbiased observer would agree that the judiciary cannot become as effective as needed at that same time when reforms are ongoing.

Buhari is living by GEJ's ideas and effort, he hasn't done any reasonable thing different if not for trying to mix dictatorial and democratic attributes to achieve a bias aim which in fact, is not in anyway reasonable.

Anyway, let's see how many people Buhari prosecutes before we kick him out Aso Rock.
You're just beating about the bush. The extract I gave you represents what was stolen in NNPC alone under GEJ. It's not of another administration.

So, try to live beyond GEJ's loss. He is history. Buhari on the other hand has shown to have the capacity and ability to take tough decisions. And that's a major area GEJ was non-existent.

3 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by ocelot2006(m): 9:31am On Sep 01, 2015
otunsman:
The thing is that northern elders,apc govs,senators and,bokoharam never allowed jonathan to work.They always find one excuse to criticize jonathan and threw bomb at innocent citizens in the name of progressives.If ss and se east elders decides to toe the lines of the north and her allies this administration will not have peace like her predecessor.

Point of correction: even with the terror attacks and frustration from Northern leaders, GEJ PERFORMED. From the agricultural REVOLUTION to health care (success against Ebola and Polio), Education to transportation (railway system rescusitated, FG roads repaired, airports remodelled), Defence (reequipped military and security forces, growth of domestic Defence industry, success in war against BH) to the Economy (largest economy in Africa, fastest growing in the world, member of MINT nations, fast growing middle class with higher purchasing power, resurgence of the manufacturing sector, increased growth in SMEs, increase in job creation, diversification, etc), Power (increased generated power, new power plants, upgraded and expanded Transmission grid, private sector participation) to Energy (Gas REVOLUTION, Local Content policy), and finally the fight against corruption (exposure of fertilizer cartel, exposure of subsidy fraud and prosecution, Haliburton scandal prosecution, BEST PERFORMANCE till date by Nigeria in the Transparency International Corruption Perception Index for 2014). GEJ simply performed very well.

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Lordave: 9:33am On Sep 01, 2015
anigbajumo:

U ar so doomed to comprehend the facts fallacy above...

Smh
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nwaanambra1(m): 9:34am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:
Brace yourself! This is not for the lazy ones and the mediocre.

Having been sworn in as president and vice president on May 29th, 2015, the regime of PMB/VPYO is close to its 100 days mark.
Whereas there are those who have deliberately chosen to look at the cup half-empty; blaming the government for anything and everything and expecting Buhar/Osinbajo to fix the sixteen years rot created by PDP in 100 days, the patriotic citizens see the glass half-full and understand that it is very easy to destroy than to repair/build.

In fact, many Nigerians now believe that the new regime has surpassed GEJ in some areas of governance. It is on this note I have decided to take us through some of what the present administration has achieved in restoring the country’s lost sanity, pride and hope in the 100 days they’ve been in charge.

RESTORATION OF NIGERIA’S PRIDE
Without any iota of doubt, Nigeria’s image was battered during the last regime of GEJ to the extent that the country became a laughing stock of many other nations including our African neighbors. Nigeria was mocked by practically all notable countries in Africa then including South Africa, Kenya and even Benin Republic. What of the derision we suffered in the hands of Western countries as a result of a directionless administration!
One of such battering under Jonathan was when a world’s foremost Ghanaian economist, Prof. George Ayittey described our then president as “a joke” and concluded that “Nigeria deserves a better leader”.

Luckily for Nigeria and her citizens, the coming of Buhari has put an effective halt to being treated with disdain by other countries as a result of the type of president we had. President Buhari has restored some lost dignity and pride back into our country. To buttress this fact, one just has to remember that the president was invited to the G7 meeting in Germany even before he was sworn in as president. The Nigerian president was also a guest of President Obama on the latter’s invitation.

Writing on Buhari’s recent visit to the US, Charles Anyim; an accomplished Nigerian Journalist in USA who was a guest of the US Chamber of Commerce and the Corporate Council for Africa during PMB’s visit confessed that he and many other Nigerians who were indifferent to Buhari presidency were highly impressed by the president’s showing as reported here https://www.nairaland.com/2508416/buharis-us-visit-master-stroke#up and here http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=168370

The writer summed up by saying ““Given the foregoing, my verdict is that Buhari’s US visit was a master stroke in image-making especially at a time when Nigeria is still reeling from the aftershock of a long list of diplomatic snafus by the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan”.

Another clear evidence of restoring the country’s lost glory is the recent invitation extended to the president to attend the next World Leaders Meeting in New York on September 27 & 28, 2015. During Jonathan’s era, Nigeria was constantly ignored and bypassed as if we were Rwanda or Somalia.

Economic and Other Gains from the President’s US Visit
Apart from the image laundering benefit of the president’s visits to the US and G7, there are also economic benefits that came with them. The benefits include “the proposed $2.1 billion fund from the World Bank for the re-development of the northeast battered by Boko Haram; $5 billion from US investors in Nigeria’s agriculture sector; $1.5 billion investment in the Nigerian health sector; and another $5 billion investment from the U.S. in our country’s power sector” as reported here http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/presidency-lists-the-gains-of-buharis-us-visit/

To further buttress the economic benefits of the president’s visit, it was reported few days after his return from the US trip that American investors have started making inquiries about Nigeria’s automotive industry as reported here https://www.naij.com/511538-buharis-visit-us-already-paying-off-greatly-read-americans-want.html

Following the president’s US trip, it has also been reported that the Americans have started the process of selling to Nigeria, weapons which were denied the country during GEJ’s regime https://www.thecable.ng/us-ready-lift-arms-embargo-nigeria and http://www.punchng.com/news/us-sending-arms-to-nigeria-report/

WAR ON INSURGENCY
Despite GEJ spending billions of dollars on Defense Budget (N348bn in 2011, N292bn in 2012, N1.055tn in 2013 and N968bn in 2014 http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2015/01/11/budget-nigerian-ministry-defence-need-accountability/#sthash.dez4y5U5.dpbs.), the Nigeria’s Military remains very poorly equipped and it’s one of the reasons Boko Haram could not be easily defeated.

When president Buhari lamented that the “Nigerian Airforce is virtually non-existent”, many wailers condemned and rubbished his assertion. However, the president has since been vindicated by GEJ’s Chief of Defense Staff Alex Badeh when he said: “If I go down memory lane, I think the last time any piece of equipment was bought for the Nigerian army was in 2006 and how many were they? They were few; inadequate equipment, obsolete equipment. In fact we are the ones that are flying the oldest fighter aeroplanes in the whole world. Alpha jets we bought them in 1981. That is the backbone of our operations in the Northeast". http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/08/video-last-time-weapons-were-bought-for.html

The unfortunate thing here is that it was this same Alex Badeh that announced that Nigeria took delivery of some fighter jets in February 2015 as reported here http://www.punchng.com/news/military-takes-delivery-of-two-jets-loaded-with-weapons/ So, Nigerians were obviously deceived by GEJ and his cohorts then.

Since coming of PMB, the following efforts have reduced activities of Boko Haram to suicide bombings of soft targets which is clearly a departure from daring confrontations of the sect with the Nigerian Army during GEJ.

Relocation of the Command and Control Center of the NA to the heart of the insurgency in Maiduguri.
Appointment of new clearly capable, professional and result-oriented Service Chiefs to replace the political, big belly and lazy millionaires that GEJ used. The new Service Chiefs have also been given clear target to end the insurgency before the end of this year.
• Establishment of multinational joint military task force (MNJMTF) consisting of Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger has been established with the sole aim of securing and stabilizing all the areas affected by the Boko Haram insurgency.

There are enough signs to suggest that Nigeria and her neighbors are gaining the upper hand in the war of insurgency against Boko Haram. To lend credence to the success in this regard, the Chadian president recently announced that efforts to combat Boko Haram jihadists had succeeded in "decapitating" the group and would be wrapped up "by the end of the year" as reported here http://news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-decapitated-chadian-leader-000405864.html

The president’s efforts have also received commendation from the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon when he said that his invitation of Buhari to the World Leader Summit was in recognition of the political will demonstrated by him in combating terror in Nigeria and dealing with environmental issues. http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-accepts-bans-invitation-to-world-leaders-meeting/ https://www.nairaland.com/2549823/buhari-accepts-bans-invitation-world

@PassingShot, you are truly a warrior and i sincerely commend ur courage, patience and respect for other peoples view even in replying an obvious insult to your person you still reply with decorum. keep it up bro. its really not easy - in fact the duty of selling this government to the masses is really becoming more difficult than the election campaign. me thinks APC and Buhari needs to change the team working on their media and publicity - they can still use those guys that run the campaign project to correct things fast before Buhari end up loosing mass appeal in less than 5 months in office despite his positive achievements.

As you may have noticed, you are practically the only major strong voice selling him to the masses on NL now all because his bigotry has punctured a very big hole in the psych of many of us who are not from the north that stood by him - APC really need to put a reign on PMB's bigotry before it ruins his positive efforts. The TANoid are having a field day today bc of Buhari's appointment blunders. The table can still be turned in his favour thru the next phase of appointments - he should appoint his ministers fast, cause he do really need them - especially now.

MAY GOD GIVE HIM THE WISDOM TO PILOT THIS GREAT BUT HARD TO PLEASE NATION.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Fourwinds: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2015
otunsman:
The thing is that northern elders,apc govs,senators and,bokoharam never allowed jonathan to work.They always find one excuse to criticize jonathan and threw bomb at innocent citizens in the name of progressives.If ss and se east elders decides to toe the lines of the north and her allies this administration will not have peace like her predecessor.
so boko haram are on vacation now rite. and people are on break and PMB is not being criticized. Fayose(PDP governor) is not in d heat of criticism. what about Afenifere dat has been wishing him failure...
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by dekdek: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2015
nwaanambra1:

@PassingShot, you are truly a warrior and i sincerely commend ur courage, patience and respect for other peoples view even in replying an obvious insult to your person you still reply with decorum. keep it up bro. its really not easy - in fact the duty of selling this government to the masses is really becoming more difficult than the election campaign. me thinks APC and Buhari needs to change the team working on their media and publicity - they can still use those guys that run the campaign project to correct things fast before Buhari end up loosing mass appeal in less than 5 months in office despite his positive achievements.

As you may have noticed, you are practically the only major strong voice selling him to the masses on NL now all because his bigotry has punctured a very big hole in the psych of many of us who are not from the north that stood by him - APC really need to put a reign on PMB's bigotry before it ruins his positive efforts. The TANoid are having a field day today bc of Buhari's appointment blunders. The table can still be turned in his favour thru the next phase of appointments - he should appoint his ministers fast, cause he do really need them - especially now.

MAY GOD GIVE HIM THE WISDOM TO PILOT THIS GREAT BUT HARD TO PLEASE NATION.

What Bigotry?

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by fulanimafia: 9:39am On Sep 01, 2015
Lordave:
I'm holding Buhari by his words!

GEJ, for once, circumstance notwithstanding, did not ever boast about making the Naira equal to dollar or that he'd make oil price stable unlike Buhari that opened his amoebic mouth to make promises he can never achieve even in his Daura farm.

I'm not demanding immediate results from Buhari, I'm only trying to scupper your lies and ignominious propaganda so that you and your fellows don't succeed in hoodwinking more Nigerians to believing Buhari is archangel Michael.

Have you forced Jonathan to go on exile for his 2011 failed campaign promise to complete the second Niger bridge in 4 years time or are you going to excuse this promise on his drunkenness?

http://leadership.ng/news/353970/jonathan-complete-2nd-niger-bridge-4-years

This is the second one. Your hypocrisy will continue to be exposed.

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by ocelot2006(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

You're just beating about the bush. The extract I gave you represents what was stolen in NNPC alone under GEJ. It's not of another administration.

So, try to live beyond GEJ's loss. He is history. Buhari on the other hand has shown to have the capacity and ability to take tough decisions. And that's a major area GEJ was non-existent.

The capacity to take tough decisions?! Please don't make me laugh. The old man can't even come up with policies to lead this nation and flip flops on existing policies. And it already shows. The economy growth is on the reverse (fell by a bit over 2%), job creation has been seriously slashed, stocks have fallen, Nigeria has been displaced by small Ethiopia as the no. 1 destination for FDI, the naira is at its record low, inflation is on the increase, terror attacks have spiked with Nigeria losing territory to Boko Haram AGAIN, and even the so-called Anti Corruption drive has no turned out to be a silly joke with too much talk but ZERO ACTION. Add to all these the resirgence of nepotism and tribalism.

GEJ may be history, but he was definitely a FAR BETTER LEADER than this present joker from Daura.

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by promise3048(m): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Facts are laid bare for you, counter them with your facts.
my friend its high time u change dis ur d.p i dnt knw whether u are d only one dat is still on APC spell

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nwaanambra1(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2015
dekdek:

What Bigotry?

Saints who can work with Buhari can only be found in the North - hence 80% appointments made so far is from the North, 15% from the south-west, 5% from south-south and 0% from the south-east. go figure.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by superstar1(m): 9:47am On Sep 01, 2015
ocelot2006:

Here's what your PVC brought

*Confusion
*Ineptitude
*Tribalism
*Nepotism
*Incompetence
*Surge in terror attacks
*Economy in downfall mode
*Corruption

Na lie.

It earned me

*leadership
*competency
*detribalised and unclannish president
*anti-corruption
*defeat of terrorists.
* improving electricity
*working refineries
* increasing national reserve

Your Drunken Master of Otuoke, could not achieve 1/3rd of that in 6years. He was indeed Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by PassingShot(m): 9:48am On Sep 01, 2015
promise3048:
my friend its high time u change dis ur d.p i dnt knw whether u are d only one dat is still on APC spell
My display picture nauseates you?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by dekdek: 9:52am On Sep 01, 2015
nwaanambra1:

Saints who can work with Buhari can only be found in the North - hence 80% appointments made so far is from the North, 15% from the south-west, 5% from south-south and 0% from the south-east. go figure.

First and foremost, neither Buhari nor anyone told u lot that he was looking for saints to work with, only TANoids are talking rubbish, why speak the same shameful language with them? Secondly, why ur bigotry premature condemnation when u know that far more appointments are yet to be made when compared to the one made. What gives u the impression that the next round of appointments wont be more southerners than northerners? if it does, will u be man enough to swallow ur pride and apologise to the General for accusing him falsely? Thirdly, have u compared Jonah-daft appointees of these offices and compare with that of Buharis's? we never had issues with Jonah-daft screwed appoitments to these offices to favour the south, why do we to start shouting now if it now favours the north this time around? Besides the statistics u gave is not totally true.

APPOINTMENTS MADE BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI TO DATE:

1. Aide de Camp to president: Lt. Col Abubakar Lawal, [North-West].

2. Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the president: Femi Adesina, [South-West].

3. Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity: Garba Shehu, [North-West].

4. State Chief of Protocol/Special Assistant (Presidential Matters): Lawal Abdullahi Kazaure, [North-West].

5. Accountant General of the Federation: Ahmed Idris [North-West].

6. National Security Adviser: Babagana Monguno [North-East].

7. Chief of Defence Staff, Abayomi Olonishakin, [South-West].

8. Chief of Army Staff: Tukur Buratai, [North-East].

9. Chief of Naval Staff: Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, [South-South].

10. Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar, [North-East].

11. Chief of Defence Intelligence: Monday Riku Morgan [North-Central].

12. Director General, State Security Services, SSS: Lawal Daura, [North-West].

13. Acting Chairperson, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Amina Zakari, [North-West].

14. Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA: Habibu Abdulahi [North-West].

15. Special Adviser, Niger Delta Amnesty Office: Paul Boroh, [South-South]

16. Acting Director General, Nigerian Maritime Administration, Safety and Security Agency, NIMASA: Baba Haruna Jauro [North-East].

17. Executive Vice Chairman/ Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Communications Commission: Umaru Dambatta [North-West].

18. Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS: Babatunde Fowler, [South-West].

19. Director General, Budget Office of the Federation: Aliyu Gusau, [North-West].

20. Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Emmanuel Kachikwu, [South-South].

21. Secretary to Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal, [North East]

22. Chief of Staff to the President: Abba Kyari, [North-East].

23. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service: Hameed Ibrahim Ali, [North East].

24. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service: Kure Martin Abeshi, [North-Central].

25. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate): Ita Enang, [South-South].

26. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives): Sumaila Kawu, [North-West].

27. Director, Department Of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Modecai Baba Ladan. [North-Central].

28. Managing Director, Asset Management Company of Nigeria, AMCON, Ahmed Lawan Kuru. [North West].

29. Commissioner for Insurance and Chief Executive of the National Insurance Commission, Mohammed Kari [North-West]

30. Executive Director AMCON: Kola Ayeye [South-West]

31. Executive Director, AMCON: Eberechukwu Uneze, [South-East]

32. Executive Director, AMCON: Aminu Ismail, [North-West]

33. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Maikanti Baru, [North-Central]

34. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Isiaka Abdulrazaq, [South-West]

35. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Dennis Nnamdi Ajulu, [South-East].

36. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Babatunde Victor Adeniran, [South-West].

37. Rector, Maritime Academy of Nigeria, MAN, Oron: Mr. Joshua Okpo [South-South]

NORTH=24, SOUTH=13

FULL LIST OF GEJ's EQUIVALENT APPOINTMENTS AS AT HIS LAST DAY IN OFFICE:

1. Aide de Camp to president: Lt. Col Ojogbane Adegbe, [North].

2. Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the president: Reuben Abati, [South-West].

3. Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity: Doyin Okupe, [South-West].

4. State Chief of Protocol/Special Assistant (Presidential Matters): Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, [South-South].

5. Accountant General of the Federation: Mr. Jonah Ogunniyi Otunla [South-West].

6. National Security Adviser: Col Sambo Dasuki [North-West].

7. Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Sebundu Badeh, [North-East].

8. Chief of Army Staff: Lt Gen. Kenneth Minimah, [South-South].

9. Chief of Naval Staff: Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin, [North-Central].

10. Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Amosu, [South-West].

11. Chief of Defence Intelligence:Rear Admiral Gabriel Okoi [South-South].

12. Director General, State Security Services, SSS: Mr Ita Ekpenyong, [South-South].

13. Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC: Attahiru Jega, [North-West].

14. Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA: Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Ado Bayero [North-West].

15. Special Adviser, Niger Delta Amnesty Office: Mr Kingsley Kuku, [South]

16. Director General, Nigerian Maritime Administration, Safety and Security Agency, NIMASA:Mr Patrick Ziakede Akpobolokem [South-South].

17. Executive Vice Chairman/ Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Communications Commission: Mr Eugene Juwah [South-South].

18. Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS: Mr. Samuel Ogungbesan, [South-West].

19. Director General, Budget Office of the Federation: Director General,Dr. Bright Okogu, [South].

20. Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Dr. Joseph Thlama Dawha, [North].

21. Secretary to Government of the Federation, Mr Anyim Pious Anyim, [South-East]

22. Chief of Staff to the President: Brgd Gen. Jones Oladehinde Arogbofa, [South-South].

23. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service: Abdullahi Dikko Inde, [North-West].

24. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service: Mr. David Shikfu Parradang, [North-Central].

25. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate): Senator Joy Ifeanyichukwu Emodi, [South-East].

26. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives): Senator Joy Ifeanyichukwu Emodi, [South-East].

27. Director, Department Of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Mr. George Abiodun Osahon. [South-South].

28. Managing Director, Asset Management Company of Nigeria, AMCON, Mustafa Chike-Obi. [South-East].

29. Commissioner for Insurance and Chief Executive of the National Insurance Commission, Mr. Fola Daniel.[South-West]

30. Executive Director AMCON: Mofoluke Benedicta Dosumu [South-West]

31. Executive Director, AMCON: Hewitt Adegboyega Benson [South-West]

32. Executive Director, AMCON: Abbas Mohammed Jega [[North-West]

33. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Ian Udoh, [North-Central]

34. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Adebayo Ibirogba, [South-West]

35. Group Executive Director, NNPC: David Ige, [South-East].

36. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Bernard Otti, [South-West].

37. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Dan Efebo [South-South]

38. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Aisha Abdurrahman [North-West]

39. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Attahiru Yusuf [North-West]

40. Rector, Maritime Academy of Nigeria, MAN, Oron: Mr. Joshua Okpo [South-South]

SOUTH=27, NORTH=13
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nobeku: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
For many other Nigerians, it's been 100 wasted days. Let's examine the sectors one after the other:

1. Fight against corruption. It's been a 100 days of fighting corruption on the pages of newspapers, no policy, no programmes and no structural institutional changes.

2. Promised public asset declaration. Buhari has failed to declare his assets publicly as promised. For a govt that is sincere on fighting corruption, this should have been a quick win. What does Buhari, a so called clean man of integrity, have to hide? If Buhari wants to be taken seriously on his fight against corruption, then he must declare his assets publicly because he that comes to equity, must come with clean hand.

3. Govt appointments. Going by the 35 appointments made so far, the Buhari govt has turned out to be the most divisive, vindictive and tribalistic ever. We're seeing the worst form of nepotism. The current national debate alone on the issue of federal appointments shows that it has never been this bad.

4. Power sector. The president said in his inaugural speech that "studies are underway to identify the quickest way to bring power to Nigerians". It seems the study is not yet over because so far, no plans, no programmes and no projects for the power sector. The power sector is on autopilot mode from what was done in the last administration.

5. Oil sector. Besides the change in leadership of NNPC, nothing more has happened in the oil sector. No projects, no policy and no programmes

6. 100 days in office and more the 5 months after being elected, still no cabinet in place. All the MDAs are on autopilot mode

7. Most federal projects are stalled. Work has stopped on Lagos-Ibadan road, Second Niger bridge and many other federal roads

8. The economy is on standstill, no finance minister, no economic policy and no direction
Are your parents siblings?

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by ocelot2006(m): 9:56am On Sep 01, 2015
superstar1:

Na lie.

It earned me

*leadership
*competency
*detribalised and unclannish president
*anti-corruption
*defeat of terrorists.
* improving electricity
*working refineries
* increasing national reserve

Your Drunken Master of Otuoke, could not achieve 1/3rd of that in 6years. He was indeed Jonathan.

*leadership...........you're joking, right? The clown can't even formulate basic policies

*competency......tell that to the Economy

*detribalised and unclannish president...you did see the recent appointments, right? Yet you call him detribalised?!

*anti-corruption....the joke of the year. "I will I will". All talk, ZERO ACTION/MOTION.

*defeat of terrorists....Tell that to the IDPs in Borno and Yobe. You do know there was an attack yesterday (68 dead), right?

* improving electricity....will you stop claiming GEJ's feats? It's pathetic. Body language don't do jackshyte

*working refineries....again, GEJ's feat. This is getting to pathetic. Clear sign of desperation.

* increasing national reserve...I'll give him that....even if it meant starving legitimate businesses of much needed FX for trade, thus stagnating business operations in the country. No wonder investors are now dumping Nigeria for Ethiopia.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nobeku: 9:57am On Sep 01, 2015
MixedMan:
What's this Anumanu Saying? I spent Close to 50mins reading this Waste from a confirm South WASTErner and I couldn't even figure out a tangible point you made.. Which Restructuring of NNPC? Are You Mad Op??

Buhari said in his own words " why shold jonathan be asking for neighbouuring countrys help in fighting Boko haram, that he's a general,he don't need to form any alliance with any country to fight boko haram,all what he will do is mobilise the Nigerian army and within few weeks boko haram is over"

The same buhari said the nations account was empty and within 2weeks he was inaugrated he approved over 40billion to travel, ..

When Will you APC supporters start seeing things from the right angle.. You guys claim you are your brothers keeper yet you betray yourselves.. A typical example is Tinubu and fashola.. *spits*
Buhari used 40Billion naira to travel?God has sent a lying spirit from the demonic pits of hell into you to use you to acheive his GRAND plan in Nigeria..Rejoice and be glad..

2 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2015
If you work in the Federal civil service you will notice that there is a general atmosphere of official responsibility ...gone are the days of official impunity; this to me is one great ACHIEVEMENT!

3 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nobeku: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2015
dayo23:
Gbam!!! By the way for those that are shouting islamatisation....the SGF and COS are christians, infact the SGF and VP are core pastors
Are you minding the plethora of gibberish Tanoids/Wailers are spewing...Kai..most Nigerians are really not smart..
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Objektive: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2015
We'll wait and see.

Meanwhile, below are some of the latest topics from APC propaganda machinery. Enjoy and feel free to add yours

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's planned probe of FIFA: Sepp Blatter goes into hiding- Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: Satan falls from the sky, sustains serious head injury - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity sweeps through the animal world as mosquitoes suspend biting action indefinitely - Premium Times

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: an aide of former president returns #12 trillion loot, begs for forgiveness - Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: statue of George Washington shows sign of life in far away US - Mynd_4

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: One million witches and wizards storm Eagles square, renounce evil and beg for forgiveness- Beremx

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's fart powering Nigeria's power plants - Nations

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: 65 year old woman healed of cervical cancer - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity: over over 100 million Nigerians employed in 2 months - Liar Mohammed
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by superstar1(m): 10:01am On Sep 01, 2015
ocelot2006:

*leadership...........you're joking, right? The clown can't even formulate basic policies

*competency......tell that to the Economy

*detribalised and unclannish president...you did see the recent appointments, right? Yet you call him detribalised?!

*anti-corruption....the joke of the year. "I will I will". All talk, ZERO ACTION/MOTION.

*defeat of terrorists....Tell that to the IDPs in Borno and Yobe. You do know there was an attack yesterday (68 dead), right?

* improving electricity....will you stop claiming GEJ's feats? It's pathetic. Body language don't do jackshyte

*working refineries....again, GEJ's feat. This is getting to pathetic. Clear sign of desperation.

* increasing national reserve...I'll give him that....even if it meant starving legitimate businesses of much needed FX for trade, thus stagnating business operations in the country. No wonder investors are now dumping Nigeria for Ethiopia.

Thank God you gave him kudos for one grudgingly.

You are beginning to see the light gradually.

GEJ's achievements in what way? Why did the light not improve under him and why did refineries refused to work under him?

OBJ developed the template for Power and initiated it, which GEJ was trying to claim. Likewise Railway reform. The story we heard then was, it is not who imitated but under whom the reforms are working. Same is applicable now.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by ishaq86: 10:08am On Sep 01, 2015
I swear some pple will not make it directly to heaven, because d will knw d truth, c d truth and yet d will choose to pretend its not d truth. D will forge allegations and keep wailing. Most of them are suffering from ethnic and religious sentiments.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by nwaanambra1(m): 10:09am On Sep 01, 2015
dekdek:

First and foremost, neither Buhari nor anyone told u lot that he was looking for saints to work with, only TANoids are talking rubbish, why speak the same shameful language with them? Secondly, why ur bigotry premature condemnation when u know that far more appointments are yet to be made when compared to the one made. What gives u the impression that the next round of appointments wont be more southerners than northerners? if it does, will u be man enough to swallow ur pride and apologise to the General for accusing him falsely? Thirdly, have u compared Jonah-daft appointees of these offices and compare with that of Buharis's? we never had issues with Jonah-daft screwed appoitments to these offices to favour the south, why do we to start shouting now if it now favours the north this time around? Besides the statistics u gave is not totally true.

APPOINTMENTS MADE BY PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI TO DATE:

1. Aide de Camp to president: Lt. Col Abubakar Lawal, [North-West].

2. Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the president: Femi Adesina, [South-West].

3. Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity: Garba Shehu, [North-West].

4. State Chief of Protocol/Special Assistant (Presidential Matters): Lawal Abdullahi Kazaure, [North-West].

5. Accountant General of the Federation: Ahmed Idris [North-West].

6. National Security Adviser: Babagana Monguno [North-East].

7. Chief of Defence Staff, Abayomi Olonishakin, [South-West].

8. Chief of Army Staff: Tukur Buratai, [North-East].

9. Chief of Naval Staff: Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, [South-South].

10. Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar, [North-East].

11. Chief of Defence Intelligence: Monday Riku Morgan [North-Central].

12. Director General, State Security Services, SSS: Lawal Daura, [North-West].

13. Acting Chairperson, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Amina Zakari, [North-West].

14. Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA: Habibu Abdulahi [North-West].

15. Special Adviser, Niger Delta Amnesty Office: Paul Boroh, [South-South]

16. Acting Director General, Nigerian Maritime Administration, Safety and Security Agency, NIMASA: Baba Haruna Jauro [North-East].

17. Executive Vice Chairman/ Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Communications Commission: Umaru Dambatta [North-West].

18. Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS: Babatunde Fowler, [South-West].

19. Director General, Budget Office of the Federation: Aliyu Gusau, [North-West].

20. Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Emmanuel Kachikwu, [South-South].

21. Secretary to Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal, [North East]

22. Chief of Staff to the President: Abba Kyari, [North-East].

23. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service: Hameed Ibrahim Ali, [North East].

24. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service: Kure Martin Abeshi, [North-Central].

25. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate): Ita Enang, [South-South].

26. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives): Sumaila Kawu, [North-West].

27. Director, Department Of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Modecai Baba Ladan. [North-Central].

28. Managing Director, Asset Management Company of Nigeria, AMCON, Ahmed Lawan Kuru. [North West].

29. Commissioner for Insurance and Chief Executive of the National Insurance Commission, Mohammed Kari [North-West]

30. Executive Director AMCON: Kola Ayeye [South-West]

31. Executive Director, AMCON: Eberechukwu Uneze, [South-East]

32. Executive Director, AMCON: Aminu Ismail, [North-West]

33. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Maikanti Baru, [North-Central]

34. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Isiaka Abdulrazaq, [South-West]

35. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Dennis Nnamdi Ajulu, [South-East].

36. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Babatunde Victor Adeniran, [South-West].

37. Rector, Maritime Academy of Nigeria, MAN, Oron: Mr. Joshua Okpo [South-South]

NORTH=24, SOUTH=13

FULL LIST OF GEJ's EQUIVALENT APPOINTMENTS AS AT HIS LAST DAY IN OFFICE:

1. Aide de Camp to president: Lt. Col Ojogbane Adegbe, [North].

2. Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the president: Reuben Abati, [South-West].

3. Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity: Doyin Okupe, [South-West].

4. State Chief of Protocol/Special Assistant (Presidential Matters): Chief Mike Oghiadomhe, [South-South].

5. Accountant General of the Federation: Mr. Jonah Ogunniyi Otunla [South-West].

6. National Security Adviser: Col Sambo Dasuki [North-West].

7. Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Alex Sebundu Badeh, [North-East].

8. Chief of Army Staff: Lt Gen. Kenneth Minimah, [South-South].

9. Chief of Naval Staff: Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin, [North-Central].

10. Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Amosu, [South-West].

11. Chief of Defence Intelligence:Rear Admiral Gabriel Okoi [South-South].

12. Director General, State Security Services, SSS: Mr Ita Ekpenyong, [South-South].

13. Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC: Attahiru Jega, [North-West].

14. Managing Director, Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA: Alhaji Sanusi Lamido Ado Bayero [North-West].

15. Special Adviser, Niger Delta Amnesty Office: Mr Kingsley Kuku, [South]

16. Director General, Nigerian Maritime Administration, Safety and Security Agency, NIMASA:Mr Patrick Ziakede Akpobolokem [South-South].

17. Executive Vice Chairman/ Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Communications Commission: Mr Eugene Juwah [South-South].

18. Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS: Mr. Samuel Ogungbesan, [South-West].

19. Director General, Budget Office of the Federation: Director General,Dr. Bright Okogu, [South].

20. Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Dr. Joseph Thlama Dawha, [North].

21. Secretary to Government of the Federation, Mr Anyim Pious Anyim, [South-East]

22. Chief of Staff to the President: Brgd Gen. Jones Oladehinde Arogbofa, [South-South].

23. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service: Abdullahi Dikko Inde, [North-West].

24. Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service: Mr. David Shikfu Parradang, [North-Central].

25. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (Senate): Senator Joy Ifeanyichukwu Emodi, [South-East].

26. Senior Special Assistant on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives): Senator Joy Ifeanyichukwu Emodi, [South-East].

27. Director, Department Of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Mr. George Abiodun Osahon. [South-South].

28. Managing Director, Asset Management Company of Nigeria, AMCON, Mustafa Chike-Obi. [South-East].

29. Commissioner for Insurance and Chief Executive of the National Insurance Commission, Mr. Fola Daniel.[South-West]

30. Executive Director AMCON: Mofoluke Benedicta Dosumu [South-West]

31. Executive Director, AMCON: Hewitt Adegboyega Benson [South-West]

32. Executive Director, AMCON: Abbas Mohammed Jega [[North-West]

33. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Ian Udoh, [North-Central]

34. Group Executive Director, NNPC, Adebayo Ibirogba, [South-West]

35. Group Executive Director, NNPC: David Ige, [South-East].

36. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Bernard Otti, [South-West].

37. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Dan Efebo [South-South]

38. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Aisha Abdurrahman [North-West]

39. Group Executive Director, NNPC: Attahiru Yusuf [North-West]

40. Rector, Maritime Academy of Nigeria, MAN, Oron: Mr. Joshua Okpo [South-South]

SOUTH=27, NORTH=13

wrong! i have very serious issues with everything jona-daft that was why i vigorously campaigned and donated immensely for change! to see GMB almost toeing the same line of tribalism and bigotry is not funny at all. when we complain over GMB, we do so to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes GEJ and PDP made. we owe him the obligation to point out his wrong moves whenever he made any so as to avoid future repeat. our condemnation of his last appointments will propel him to get it right the next time.

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by advocates: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2015
Op, if you are waiting for the opposition to counter those points you raised with equal rational rebuttal with facts, then you are day dreaming. These people are yet to learn the true meaning of opposition and criticism. At best, what I have seen with most of them is needless and childish display of emotion without proper understanding.

I have read through the responses posted here and I have come to the conclusion that the attack is nothing short of an attempt to create disaffection, ethnic division among Nigerians and as such distract the good government of the day. Passing short, God bless you for this revelation.

1 Like

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by dekdek: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2015
nwaanambra1:

wrong! i have very serious issues with everything jona-daft that was why i vigorously campaigned and donated immensely for change! to see GMB almost toeing the same line of tribalism and bigotry is not funny at all. when we complain over GMB, we do so to make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes GEJ and PDP made. we owe him the obligation to point out his wrong moves whenever he made any so as to avoid future repeat. our condemnation of his last appointments will propel him to get it right the next time.

Now get this straight............There was nothing wrong with the pattern of Jonah-daft appointment and that explains why no one raise any issue out of it then and i put it to u also that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Generals pattern especially knowing fully well that well over 75% of appointments are yet to be made including ministers. Buhari isnt daft and dont think he doesnt know what he is doing. My message to u is on that basis, is plain wrong for u to conclude using that shaky basis that he is bigoted ethnically. When we say change, it means change from what is bad to what is good. Was everything about Jonah-daft government bad? of cos not. Jonahh-daft appoitments pattern wasnt a mistake but the personalities were so please stop attacking the pattern yet but look at the personalities. Until u have a full picture when most apoitments are made, it will be unwise to conclude the way u have already concluded.

2 Likes

Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by sammhi(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2015
op
to be serious, PMB has not done anything of significance except" body language"...but 100 days is still too early...sycophants like you will end up making him not to perform....but I will judge him after 2 years.... for now stop these rhetorics meant for the gullible and uninformed.....but we still hope he will perform
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by advocates: 10:19am On Sep 01, 2015
Op, if you are waiting for the opposition to counter those points you raised with equal rational rebuttal with facts, then you are day dreaming. These people are yet to learn the true meaning of opposition and criticism. At best, what I have seen with most of them is needless and childish display void of understanding in their accusation.

I have read through the responses posted here and I come to the conclusion that the attack is nothing short of an attempt create disaffection, ethnic division among Nigerians and as such distract the good government of the day. Only a man blind by bigotry and hate will raise eye brow over these notable success at such a small time frame. Passing short, God bless you for this revelation.
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Ugik(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2015
you talked about the war on insurgency and what Alex Badehs double standard talk on two separate occasions. does that not tell you something? an you said he appointed competent personnels. that assertion is laughable when you list that also as an achievement because if you compare them with GEJ's own appointees, they ve got equal antecedents in the military. if you follow politics, you should know that what chad president and Our guest, Ban ki mon Ought to say
Re: PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 01, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I'm sorry I can't read but I'm an average Nigeria who don't have time for *dogo turanci* because reality check shows that nothing is happening.

*Govt don't need to advertise its achievements on the media for the masses because the Masses has eyes to see it.* Osinbanjo 2014
can somebody pls help give dis chick one bottle of vodka!!! Choi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lazy Youths: Buhari Should Apologize And Be Forgiven – Shehu Sani / Sanwo-Olu, Lawal, Dogara, Others Submit Tinubu’s Presidential Nomination Forms / Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.