Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? (9272 Views)

Oshiomhole: I Can't Visit My Village Because Jonathan Destroyed The Road To It / Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Mugabe Still Angry At Nigeria Over Sahara TV Incident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by jarkbauer: 5:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Election they say is a game of numbers. Alliances are needed to win any election in Nigeria. It is nobody's birthright to be voted any person or group. SW,NW,NC,NE, decided to vote for Buhari while SE and SS devided to vote for Jonathan, all these based on personal convictions.
While everybody seemed to have moved on, the Igbos are still angry with everybody that decided not to vote for Jonathan. Can somebody explain why?

40 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Bugatie(m): 5:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Meaning?

Did you see the Igbos in your dreams?

And did any Igbo complain to you they are angry with Jonathan's exit from office?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by ademoladeji(m): 5:48am On Sep 03, 2015
They're sore losers

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by eleko1: 5:56am On Sep 03, 2015
sad everything Nah biz for dem.And of cus,there's no Avenue to loot the treasury blind like dey do in Jona govt.CC:Ayim pius,Madueke,Okonjo etc.Dey have Gehazi's Spirit

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by donholy28(m): 5:59am On Sep 03, 2015
Did any Igbo man tell u that he's angry?

14 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by figoperch: 6:00am On Sep 03, 2015
Very sore losers they really are. Just bitter over nothing and Jonathan never even developed their region with all the billions looted.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 03, 2015
My dear igbos kindly ignore this and similar threads and allow them die a natural death.The foolish OP and his like responsible for creating such threads are not worth the attention.

Thank you

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 6:03am On Sep 03, 2015
[b]1. Their political infancy and myopia was exposed to the people they like to imagine they are superior to once again.

2. The young destitute almajiri they always insult has rendered them and their entire political class irrelevant, immaterial and expendable in Nigerian politics.

3. It exposed their hateful and bigoted nature when it comes to politics which has now made other tribes detest them, and hampers their chances of a much needed alliance which could make an Ibo President possible. Now that dream is all but completely destroyed.

4. The SS have been able to show political maturity despite their sons defeat, and are now more politically relevant than the Ibos especially after clinching the second highest number of appointments including the NNPC GMD, Service Chief, CBN Governor etc. and cornering the first major project of Buhari's administration, the Ogoni clean up. All after using the Ibos who are still bitter despite not gaining any projects under GEJ.

5. The Yoruba have been proven to be the most politically sophisticated in the south once again through their alliance with the North which has blessed them with a VP, Speaker, Majority Leader, FIRS Chairman, Service Chief, Presidential spokesman etc. among many other political benefits like belonging to the ruling party which could favour them with regards to development....while the Ibos have nothing...

If na you, you no go vex? grin[/b]

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by nikkiking(m): 6:04am On Sep 03, 2015
@0p when last u had medical check up on ur brain.
Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by dTruth101: 6:04am On Sep 03, 2015
Ibos are the worst losers. Hence the nonsense of Biafra

35 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by laurel03(m): 6:07am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:
1. Their political infancy and myopia was displayed to the people they like to imagine they are superior to, and

2. The young destitute almajiri they insult have rendered them and their entire political class irrelevant, immaterial and expendable in Nigerian politics.

3. The Yoruba again have been proven to be the most political sophisticated in the south once again through their alliance with the North which has blessed them with a VP, Speaker, Majority Leader, FIRS Chairman, Service Chief etc. among many other political benefits like belonging to the ruling party which could favour them with regards to development. While the Ibos have nothing. ....

If na you, you no go vex? grin
what u are doing not good ooo... U are mocking Yeboo (awon oloripelebe, awon ti ko ni iran) their ris God ooo

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QueenEdna(f): 6:08am On Sep 03, 2015
You go soon kpai untop Igbo matter, pls get busy with your life.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by modath(f): 6:09am On Sep 03, 2015
jarkbauer:
Election they say is a game of numbers. Alliances are needed to win any election in Nigeria. It is nobody's birthright to be voted any person or group. SW,NW,NC,NE, decided to vote for Buhari while SE and SS devided to vote for Jonathan, all these based on personal convictions.
While everybody seemed to have moved on, the Igbos are still angry with everybody that decided not to vote for Jonathan. Can somebody explain why?

It's simple, since he is malleable & weak, they believe he could be easily manipulated to get things done for them easily (why is a mystery,cos apart from political appointments, there is zero in terms of infrastructural developments in his failed 5yr regime)........

The irony of their support is that Ojukwu contested 2x & was thoroughly disgraced by the same folks who are now screaming marginalization & online biafra..

...and do not forget;they hate the Hausa /Fulani folks...

14 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:12am On Sep 03, 2015
It is very pathetic!!

13 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by zendy: 6:13am On Sep 03, 2015
jarkbauer:

Let me explain this way. Ghana is one of the largest countries in West Africa, in terms of population, with 28 million people and recently had a new president. The Igbos are a tribe of over 40 million people. Now as an Igbo man, I am wondering why I have to go through a Yoruba or Hausa man before I elect my leader? Because we are 'one Nigeria'? Who made us one? Lord Lugard the British thief? I think the loss of GEJ was a stark reminder that Igbo sovereignty is being stolen in the name of Nigeria. How can people still be dictating to a tribe of over 40 million people who their president will be? As an Igbo man I am angry, but not because GEJ lost, but because I know that I should not be in the same country with Yorubas and Hausas still dragging who will be my president

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by drnoel: 6:14am On Sep 03, 2015
jarkbauer:

who said they are?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by Jorussia(m): 6:16am On Sep 03, 2015
.Not all Igbos,i will say very few Igbo tanoids,cawans,and other defunct campaign organization of GEJ.The 130,000 voters who voted for pmb in IMO state,is a pointer to the fact that there were igbos who were die hard,supporters of pmb.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by laurel03(m): 6:18am On Sep 03, 2015
Make I just no comment.... because of Amaka my yeeboo GF

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by jarkbauer: 6:18am On Sep 03, 2015
zendy:

Let me explain this way. Ghana is one of the largest countries in West Africa, in terms of population, with 28 million people and recently had a new president. The Igbos are a tribe of over 40 million people. Now as an Igbo man, I am wondering why I have to go through a Yoruba or Hausa man before I elect my leader? Because we are 'one Nigeria'? Who made us one? Lord Lugard the British thief? I think the loss of GEJ was a stark reminder that Igbo sovereignty is being stolen in the name of Nigeria. How can people still be dictating to a tribe of over 40 million people who their president will be? As an Igbo man I am angry, but not because GEJ lost, but because I know that should not be in the same country with Yorubas and Hausas still dragging who will be president

Nigeria is not the only multiple ethnic country. Almost all countries in sub Saharan Africa are. Congo has over 500 Ethnic groups. Even America is a multi cultural society. Obama won last election by wooing blacks and Hispanics. So my dear learn how to form alliances.
By the way if I may ask, if you dont need to be in same country with Yorubas and Hausas why do you need their money?
Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria doing one business or the other in Hausa and Yoruba lands collecting their Naira.why?

28 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by GabrielSuswam(m): 6:19am On Sep 03, 2015
I have lots of ijaw friends who don't feel bad about Jonathan's exit....
The Igbos are so emotional and politically immature

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by PentiumPro(f): 6:21am On Sep 03, 2015
While it's no doubt that they are adept in commerce, they are opposite of that in politics.
Now they are shouting Biafra because they believed either rightly or wrongly that the political competition in Nigeria is too stiff for them, so they will rather want to align with small and minorities groups in the south ( where they can always call the shots) to form their own country.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 6:24am On Sep 03, 2015
zendy:

Let me explain this way. Ghana is one of the largest countries in West Africa, in terms of population, with 28 million people and recently had a new president. The Igbos are a tribe of over 40 million people. Now as an Igbo man, I am wondering why I have to go through a Yoruba or Hausa man before I elect my leader? Because we are 'one Nigeria'? Who made us one? Lord Lugard the British thief? I think the loss of GEJ was a stark reminder that Igbo sovereignty is being stolen in the name of Nigeria. How can people still be dictating to a tribe of over 40 million people who their president will be? As an Igbo man I am angry, but not because GEJ lost, but because I know that I should not be in the same country with Yorubas and Hausas still dragging who will be my president

[b]Even the same Ghana is made up of separate tribes e.g Ashanti and they also must make alliances with others to elect their President.

The truth is that the much touted and counter-productive so called 'republican' nature of Ibos generally makes it hard for them to stoop to conquer and make concessions, which is why you think it's a death sentence to 'go through a Hausa or Yoruba man' to elect a President; something the other over 250 tribes do easily without feeling inferior. The Ibo politics of hate doesn't help either.

It is silly to expect you must have a country with just one ethnic identity before you can happily elect a President.

This also exposes the Biafran agenda for SS minorities if they agree to join them, because if you do not want to go through a Yoruba or Hausa man to become President, why don't you mind going through an Efik or Ijaw man? Because you would have dominated them?

Why do you also think an Ijaw man would want to go through an Ibo man to elect his President if you don't want the same for yourself?[/b]

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by PentiumPro(f): 6:25am On Sep 03, 2015
zendy:

Keep deceiving yourself.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by jarkbauer: 6:28am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Even the same Ghana is made up of separate tribes e.g Ashanti and they also must make alliances with others to elect their President.

The truth is that the much touted and counter-productive republican nature of Ibos generally makes it hard for them to stoop to conquer and make concessions, which is why you think it's a death sentence to 'go through a Hausa or Yoruba man' to elect a President; something the other over 250 tribes do easily without feeling inferior. The Ibo politics of hate doesn't help either.
Yet they want to conquer all other tribes in Niger Delta to form Biafra. Nothing wrong for an Ibibio or Ijaw or Ogoni to go through Igboman to become president of Biafra? But something is wrong if Igbos need Yorubas or Hausa to become president

16 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by PentiumPro(f): 6:29am On Sep 03, 2015
jarkbauer:

Yet they want to conquer all other tribes in Niger Delta to for Biafra. Nothing wrong for an Ibibio or Ijaw or Ogoni to go through Igboman to become president of Biafra?
They like rubbing the rubbish they will never take on others.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by kuuljay(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2015
zendy:

does your comment mean the ibibios ijaws itsekiris should not think of joining your biafra? cos they will never be president of Biafra as the minority tribes? angry grin grin grin shallow thinking grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by zendy: 6:53am On Sep 03, 2015
kuuljay:
does your comment mean the ibibios ijaws itsekiris should not think of joining your biafra? cos they will never be president of Biafra as the minority tribes? angry grin grin grin shallow thinking grin grin grin

This thread is about Igbos and the presidential elections and I answered in that context. This is not a Biafran thread

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by truefact: 7:16am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:
1. Their political infancy and myopia was exposed to the people they like to imagine they are superior to once again

2. The young destitute almajiri they insult have rendered them and their entire political class irrelevant, immaterial and expendable in Nigerian politics.

3. It exposed their hateful and bigoted nature when it comes to politics which has now made other tribes detest them, and hampers their chances of a much needed alliance which could make an Ibo President possible. Now that dream is all but completely destroyed.

4. The Yoruba again have been proven to be the most political sophisticated in the south once again through their alliance with the North which has blessed them with a VP, Speaker, Majority Leader, FIRS Chairman, Service Chief, Presidential spokesman etc. among many other political benefits like belonging to the ruling party which could favour them with regards to development....while the Ibos have nothing...

If na you, you no go vex? grin
You are simply dumb a.s.s, yorubas have nothing different now from what they have been having since 1967...yet they are not best off to igbos...

While igbos who have been having nothing as you said since 1967 are still not worst off to the yorubas. ..

It is rather a shame that you with all your BEST OFF are still in equal status with those who have never had anything. ..this really speak loud about your diabolical suffercation and fetish progression ...yorubas are dunce

Can you imagine where igbos have been BEST OFF since 1967? You and your likes are capital dunce

7 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by zendy: 7:20am On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

[b]Even the same Ghana is made up of separate tribes e.g Ashanti and they also must make alliances with others to elect their President.

The truth is that the much touted and counter-productive republican nature of Ibos generally makes it hard for them to stoop to conquer and make concessions, which is why you think it's a death sentence to 'go through a Hausa or Yoruba man' to elect a President; something the other over 250 tribes do easily without feeling inferior. The Ibo politics of hate doesn't help either.

It is silly to expect you must have a country with just one ethnic identity before you can happily elect a President.

This also exposes the Biafran agenda for SS minorities if they agree to join them, because if you do not want to go through a Yoruba or Hausa man to become President, why don't you mind going through an Efik or Ijaw man? Because you would have dominated them?

Why do you also think an Ijaw man would want to go through an Ibo man to elect his President if you don't want the same for yourself?[/b]

[b]You are trying to turn what I said into a "Biafran agenda" but in your above answer exposes the weakness of your argument. Yes the egalitarian and republican nature of the Igbos cannot make them accept the political machinations of the Hausa/Yoruba alliance and that is a major reason why the Igbo man should not be in one country with these two groups. It's also a key reason why Nigeria does not work as a nation. As for the minorities in the SS, Igbos will always be a majority, wether in Nigeria or Biafra. The difference is that Biafra will not be a 'forced marriage' like Nigeria. It will be for the Ijaw man,Ibibio man,Ananag man etc to decide for themselves if they prefare the ills of Nigeria or the ills of Biafra or to agitate for their own individual nations. The only thing that the minorities should be aware of is that Igbos are not empire builders or overlords. We don't intend to emasculate anyone politically. If they fear Igbo domination, they should seek a different political arrangement or come to the Biafran negotiation table or stay in Nigeria.[/b]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by QuotaSystem: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2015
truefact:

You are simply dumb a.s.s, yorubas has nothing different now from what they have been having since 1967...yet they are not best off to igbos...

While igbos who have been having nothing as you said since 1967 are still not worst off to the yorubas. ..

It is rather a shame that you with all your BEST OFF are still in equal status with those who have never had anything. ..this really speak loud about your diabolical suffercation and fetish progression ...yorubas are dunce

Can imagine if igbos has been BEST OFF since 1967? You and your likes are capital dunce

Best off indeed grin yet you're all over Lagos and Nigeria as a whole, you can only fool yourself, I served in the East and I know what it looks like compared to other regions. By the way I'm not Yoruba, just stating the obvious.

Now stop derailing and tell us why you're still bitter after Jonathan's defeat.

24 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by kuuljay(m): 7:30am On Sep 03, 2015
zendy:

This thread is about Igbos and the presidential elections and I answered in that context. This is not a Biafran thread
ok! but I didn't see the Igbos present a presidential candidate did they? pls enlighten me here cos you said the loss of jonathan is a clear indication that igbos sovereignty is being stolen. you contradict yourself

10 Likes

Re: Why Are The Igbos Still Angry At Other Tribes Because Jonathan Lost? by truefact: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2015
jarkbauer:

Nigeria is not the only multiple ethnic country. Almost all countries in sub Saharan Africa are. Congo has over 500 Ethnic groups. Even America is a multi cultural society. Obama won last election by wooing blacks and Hispanics. So my dear learn how to form alliances.
By the way if I may ask, if you dont need to be in same country with Yorubas and Hausas why do you need their money?
Igbos are scattered all over Nigeria doing one business or the other in Hausa and Yoruba lands collecting their Naira.why?
Dunce always argue like dunce.....he white man does not love africa, yet there are here for business. ...the Arab does not like the white, they are do business. ...the Muslims does not like Isreal yet they do business. ...

Going by your aanalogy, why not merge nigeria, benin, ghana, even Togo and South Africa because we all do business together. ...capital dunce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari To Leave For France Tomorrow For One Planet Summit / Reports Of A N50billion plea Bargain deal with Emefiele Is False - AGF Fagbemi / CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.