Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos (41413 Views)

Paul Okoye Replies Fan That Asked Him Why His Voice Sounds Like 'psqaure' / Peter Okoye Replies Fan Who Asked Which Song Will He Perform In His Show / Peter Okoye Replies APC Over Call For His Arrest Based On Abroad Video Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by tcaandrew: 9:06am On Sep 11, 2015
agarawu23:
Hmmm

They are both useful to each other
And to me, psquare are saying shiit just to back up their points. If it was when they had 'no shoes', they will not say this bullshiit
u are talking wen dey had no shoes do u no hw many kilometre dey treked bare footed to get de shoes on and do nt 4get dey are married nw more responsibilities more moni nided 2kip dem up and runing #sundcity it does nt mean bicus u play their videos den dey should come and stat licking ur asses

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by wizard007(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
OK sir....

Over 200 likes because she said "OK sir" shocked

Y`all are stalking
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by kossyablaze(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2015
chidinwachukwu:

Shove your hypocrisy up your Ass and mind your dumb business.People tune to sound city and pay for subscription In other to listen to these Artists,because they can't afford to watch them life .And all these monies end up. In Souncities purse with no one going to the Artist.Soundcity is the Ingrate and You, an Igbophobic ugly thing.
see as u dey run mouth like woman...Get sense jor

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by odomanis: 9:31am On Sep 11, 2015
slimmyjimmy:
Tah . Na only eem b musician angry

just like soundcity is not the only tv station.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by eadakere: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2015
What you will understand is that SoundCity is a Yoruba station & they don't support and love Igbo artists.
Explain to me how you help Psquare with their music ??
You play their songs on air ??
How do fans in Canada, USA, Italy, Germany, Spain hear or listen to their songs ??
Through SoundCity ?? Gerrarra here

why must u bring up ethnicity in this matter U need help
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 11, 2015
*You don't pay royalties,we( artistes and label) don't complaining****complain**
As u reserve right to play which videos so do we artistes and label on wether to perform for free or not****know whether***
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 11, 2015
Vyolet:
It is a mutual benefit.
Psquare make good music,soundcity air it.
Psquare get more popular,sound city get more viewership.
So I think they both need to respect themselves.
I dislike this Jude though, he has mouth diarrhea.

There is a level you reach as an artist, TV station have to pay you to play your music, Psquare have reached that level long time ago, why would i want to watch Soundcity if I dont see good music, just like I cant watch LTV when there is Channel TV
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2015
chino11:
This is a strong statement of FACT.

Soundcity needs Psquare more than Psquare will ever need Soundcity.

Psquare is an African household name and world at large so they don't need Soundcity.

These guys are self made..

Psquare the king of African music
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by akinsmyk(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
2sex:
PsQuare is right! Were dey doing it for free? Of course Psquare paid for those things. It's business!

Have you been following the events at all? Before I nail you, I need to understand you better first. What did Psquare paid for, you mean airing of their videos by soundcity? If that's what you mean, then you're totally wrong. Ask for explanation if you don't understand what you read. In a nutshell, Psquare didn't pay soundcity for airing their videos. Soundcity even agreed to pay them to honour their event but that they should allow them pay the minimum they could allow, yet Psquare didn't agree. Shouldn't be that bad. Now they refused to play their videos, who complained first? Soundcity or Psquare? If they think they are doing soundcity a favor, they shouldn't rant. More upcoming artist are out there trying to get those tv stations played their video even with their last pennies. Yet as an established acts, you get free airing, you can't still reciprocate even for the least payment. Selfishness. We are informed and watch new videos played by these stations before we buy them. Its when we watch and like we buy the album. Go ask how much movie producers pay to advertize their movies on tv. Shior. As much as I like psquare, they disappointed me on dx
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Dospix(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
I believe u not talking to me tho..... Even stupidity is creativity
when expressed logically.
lol...i carved this expression; i didn't know i had alot of fans...and you guys won't even quote me when you use words of my creation. This world self!
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Shehuolowu(m): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
byrron:

That is what u get in a country were majority of its citizens sees everything from their various sentimental lenses rather than allowing objectivity to prevail.

can I market it also
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Taryehmiseh(m): 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
HyDee001:

Can someone tell Jude Okoye to just shut up?!!!
Silence is golden.
Silence is golden.... Yes but sometimes to be silent when necessary is stupid and foolish at the same time.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Shehuolowu:
can I market it also

I don't understand
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Geezy4real(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
micronut:
What kind of english is jude okoye displaying on social media biko?? Or am i the only one seeing the unpardonable blunder being displayed unguardedly?
1. "We (artiste and label) don't complaing
He corrected himself na...or haven't u ever made a typo-error on social media before?
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Geezy4real(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
I think i will have to side with P-SQUARE on dis matter...only they could have used a lil' humility in their submissions...bsids, i don't even watch SC as much compared to other music stations e.g MTV Base, Hip TV & Trace URBAN, etc.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by dapzyjibzy(f): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
Atmmachine:
What you will understand is that SoundCity is a Yoruba station & they don't support and love Igbo artists.
How do fans in Canada, USA, Italy, Germany, Spain hear or listen to their songs ??
Through SoundCity ?? Gerrarra here.
hmnnnn nawa ooooo some people and tribalism, u'v taken 2 ethnic level sharply....nah tz not suppose 2 b so...d fact is they both have points,tz jes left 2 them 2 settle it d ish amicably instead of making it a Public ish like this
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by 4C2215131: 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=emamos post=37880283][/quote]

He was just doing his job.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ReskpetNobleman(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
arabianights:

Gbam! if soundcity had not played their videos ,those guys will still be selling like crazy.Rubbish, did they finance any of their albums ?
lol true talk broh cheesy dey even suppose pay royalties to Psquare for playing dere swt songs cheesy i ve so many up coming artiste as friends bt noise city can't even listen to dere lyrics not to talk of playing it cry
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by 4C2215131: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
maxtamazin:

Crap!!!!!!!!. Why do people watch Souncity? Because they play good African music.
Souncity made money through advert because people want to watch Psquare video.
Without Psquare and the rest, there won't be Souncity. ...without Souncity there will always be Psquare.
Souncity is not doing them any favour. These guys are professional, they shouldn't be working for free. Can Souncity ask Usher to play for free because they play his video?
Pls don't take your mum advise literally.

Word! Reminiscent of Michael Jackson (R.I.P to the Greatest Artiste that ever walked the Earth IMO) and MTV issue way back.

Owning to racism, MTV refused airing black music videos, BUT Billy Jean was just too hot to handle! The people needed it, the masses wailed for it, the world was on fire for it. MTV had no choice but to air the video-the video that eventually broke the colour discrimination in MTV history. Before any product of hurried wikipedia perusing come up to say MTV didn't do it based on racism but on a lack of fit between MTV's video genre (Rock mostly) roster and lack of black videos that fit this ilk, know that corporate organisations back then do not put up a black-not-allowed bla bla bla sign on their premises, the rejection was more subtle, a reason had to found and this was exactly what happened with the Jackson case plus CBS's president threat to withdraw all videos of artiste in its roster currently being aired by MTV.

so, the moral of the story is sometimes, the artiste is so huge that neglecting the attendant positive (or in this case potential negative) fall-out of his/her musical influence is at the media (in this instance Sound City) house' own risk.

P.S: It is debatable though if P Square can lay claim to being such a 'huge' artiste.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by LaJose78(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
JewelRegi:
Una don start una nonsense quarrel again? Tomorrow na una go use am sing song make we buy.
na 4rm dia inspiration go come nw.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by sandracoopert(f): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
hakeem4:
Okay

Lol.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by tosyne2much(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:

I think both of them are wrong.
Good evening broda
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by 400billionman: 5:46am On Sep 12, 2015
MISSNORA:
I hate ingrates

Soundcity invited Psquare to an event TO PERFORM.

PSquare asked for a fee which is right. Who is the ingrate here. ?
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ladej(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
ojeffo:

All are married...im still trying to figure out how doing one's business strictly is pride...and who's gonna fall them...U?..U must be a bulldozer then

Ok sir. You win
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by T051N(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
[Are you trying to crack a joke or youre just plain dumb, whats with the Yoruba and ibo issue on this matter now, .*sigh* quote author=Atmmachine post=37880122]What you will understand is that SoundCity is a Yoruba station & they don't support and love Igbo artists.
Through SoundCity ?? Gerrarra here.
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mohbad Vomited, Developed Goosebumps After Three Injections – CP / Agbani Darego Stuns In Bikini By A Pool Side (pic) / Mr Eazi And Juliet Ibrahim Say Ghana Influenced Nigerian Music, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.