Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos (41409 Views)

Paul Okoye Replies Fan That Asked Him Why His Voice Sounds Like 'psqaure' / Peter Okoye Replies Fan Who Asked Which Song Will He Perform In His Show / Peter Okoye Replies APC Over Call For His Arrest Based On Abroad Video Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by fairheven: 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I hate ingrates

Have you ever written,compose,arrange ,sequence,produce,master or engineer a song in your life?
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by danwa25(m): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
Story for the gods!
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by MISSNORA(f): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
Dospix:
Hold it there young man. Soundcity never made Psquare famous...Psquare became popular as a result of their hard work which resulted to good music. If soundcity makes musicians famous why are other musicians who they play their music week after week not famous. I seriously hate it when people try to downplay an individuals role in their success and try to give credit to some person whose role can best be described as a facade. Infact, if you say soundcity makes musicians famous, why hasn't the likes of Kennis music made all their musicians famous with all the strings of airing they get? Imagine MTV inviting Jazzy for a show and expecting him to perform for free! Na only for Nigeria this kind rubbish they happen...where man they work na him man must chop.
I believe u not talking to me tho..... Even stupidity is creativity
when expressed logically.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by famotechs(m): 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Only a big fool will say soundcity re helping psquare..how many people watch soundcity self?soundcity that is not worldwide..YOUTUBE is best ....cos its worldwide.....psquare has more than 53million hit on one track called personally on youtube..they re watch worldwide

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by cristweeezy(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...
and dats a fact!
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by famotechs(m): 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
Months back Robin van persie said he likes to listen to psquare music...you can visit youtube and watch the video of d interview..soundcity is irrelevent dix days..we have trace,hiptv,mtv base beta than them..haters should go and die

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunergy:

Did MTV come to social Media to cry about them not granting free show?

The Point is this both Artistes and Media Publishers need each other.. if Chimamanda Adichie wrote those books and tried to sell it herself.. do you think you would have known her today.. She published and yes she got paid.. Time Magazine, Ebony, etc talk about her because she helps sell their Publications just as P.Square helps makes SoundCity Popular.. do you hear her asking for money to make her look good? They benefit both ways even without each other paying anybody money.. Business Models have matured beyond what JudeOkoye is thinking..

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ReskpetNobleman(m): 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...
educate mee cheesy HOW many unknown upcoming artiste ve dis noise city made popular sef witout asking for cash. Business is business get a brain cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by hyperflex(m): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
Before all of us jump into conclusions I think we shld ask ourselves how MTV has been doing it since the early 80s from the Michael Jackson videos till now. I blv they both need each other. I mean what use wld MTV had been if they were not playing Beat it or Thriller then. And how wld a Nigerian music channel be without playing Shakiti bobo lately or Dbanj videos in 2005 upwards?? Sound city felt slighted cuz they feel they have done much for them Psquare even before MTVBase gained ground and even if psquare asked them to pay its no bad but statements from Jude OKoye has ingratitude in it n it hurts. Hence the SC vexation. Channeling an artists video gives the artist publicity...at least till the artist blow n then he doesn't need any channel again. After all he don blow. Lol. PSquare don't need SC again for two reasons. They af blow! Then MTV base dey , Trace dey, Channel O dey Hip TV dey. Who needs SC lol. Am with SC on this tho. The money SC wld pay u won't make much difference to the millions u already av. Eminem told MTV to Bleep off sha. Only he cld do that then tho. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by UnimkeAk(m): 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
What's my business?
common 30000 dollars Msc scholarship : nddc no give me

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by tunergy(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
voltron:

The Point is this both Artistes and Media Publishers need each other.. if Chimamanda Adichie wrote those books and tried to sell it herself.. do you think you would have known her today.. She published and yes she got paid.. Time Magazine, Ebony, etc talk about her because she helps sell their Publications just as P.Square helps makes SoundCity Popular.. do you hear her asking for money to make her look good? They benefit both ways even without each other paying anybody money.. Business Models have matured beyond what JudeOkoye is thinking..

I Totally Agree with you. Businesses do have a symbiotic relationship, however while helping eachother they need to understand that paying for services is part of the benefit.

For the case at hand, i guess it is the Nigeria Copyright commission thay should be blamed.

Media houses hardly pay royalty in this part of the word and when they air intellectual properties of these artists, they see it as a favour and this should not be.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Secrets11(m): 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
Promotional beefs cry How do you expect more fans if such beefs don't spring up? Don't be surprise to see the chairman of SoundCity merry chatting with Psquare tommorw undecided....abeg make dem park well joorrrr!
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by debulle: 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
Pls we should learn to be doing the right thing.That everybody is doing something doesn't make it to be right.Artists hv the interlectual right to their songs/work.Music is a big business,and if u are in it you hv to play according to the rules.Soundcity hv to pay royalties to artists for their work/ songs they play because they are making money from it so also other media.Its the artists right if not let them air it again so they face the law.THINGS MUST BE DONE THE RIGHT WAY

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by vivalavida(m): 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
zicoraads:
I don't get it. Is charity now by force? Sound City helped them early on in their career...but the questions are, was it only SC that helped them? Should they go round performing for free because you felt you made them who they are? SC you didn't make them...God did. Besides, it is not compulsory to repay any act of charity. Next time, if you can't pay artists to perform, just shut your hole!

Best comment so far.
Emotions are not needed in buisness

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by debulle: 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
UnimkeAk:
What's my business?

common 30000 dollars Msc scholarship : nddc no give me
.They should hv given you o but 30k US Dollars is not common o,if it is why do u ask for what is common?

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by emmatok(m): 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
hyperflex:
Before all of us jump into conclusions I think we shld ask ourselves how MTV has been doing it since the early 80s from the Michael Jackson videos till now. I blv they both need each other. I mean what use wld MTV had been if they were not playing Beat it or Thriller then. And how wld a Nigerian music channel be without playing Shakiti bobo lately or Dbanj videos in 2005 upwards?? Sound city felt slighted cuz they feel they have done much for them Psquare even before MTVBase gained ground and even if psquare asked them to pay its no bad but statements from Jude OKoye has ingratitude in it n it hurts. Hence the SC vexation. Channeling an artists video gives the artist publicity...at least till the artist blow n then he doesn't need any channel again. After all he don blow. Lol. PSquare don't need SC again for two reasons. They af blow! Then MTV base dey , Trace dey, Channel O dey Hip TV dey. Who needs SC lol. Am with SC on this tho. The money SC wld pay u won't make much difference to the millions u already av. Eminem told MTV to Bleep off sha. Only he cld do that then tho. Lol.

MTV was one of the first to feature Black artist.

Artist need the media to start their carrier and when they are successful both parties should enjoy the fruit.

Irrespective of your talent you don't start a fight with any media house, because they determine what is Aired on their channel.

Just look at Eedris Abdulkareem and TUFACE both from Kenny's music.

While Eedris Abdulkareem was busy fighting Kenny's music.

TUFACE was silently building is own record label,until he left Kenny's.

Today Eedris Abdulkareem with all his talents is no-where.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Sheggy13(m): 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
Atmmachine:
What you will understand is that SoundCity is a Yoruba station & they don't support and love Igbo artists.
Explain to me how you help Psquare with their music ??
You play their songs on air ??
How do fans in Canada, USA, Italy, Germany, Spain hear or listen to their songs ??
Through SoundCity ?? Gerrarra here.
Always playing the victim..Everybody else hates Igbos..grow up from this your shallow way of thinking..countless Igbo artistes songs are played on SoundCity, so stop being a bigot over a thread that has nothing to do with ethnicity but music.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by goldfish80(m): 10:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lol... sound city never made the likes of psquare famous. That accord should be given to Minaj broadcast international. They were the first Nigerian TV station that made a policy of exclusively airing naija songs. That was in the early 2000s when artists were really really struggling. I remember watching jukebox on mbi with chichi showing the likes of mode 9,plantashun boys, remedies, baba dee and the usher/Michael Jackson wannabes psquare with their bandana and over sized jeans singing about a certain senorita. Sound city was never in the picture. But Mr Jude should be a bit more circumspect with his choice of words. Am out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by youngalex(m): 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
A symbiotic business relationship is expected between Sound City and P SQUARE...A labourer surely deserves his wages negotiated within the confines of rational reasoning
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Blackeard(m): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Thank You. Thank You. I hope those unintelligent people supporting sound city r reading this.
goldfish80:
Lol... sound city never made the likes of psquare famous. That accord should be given to Minaj broadcast international. They were the first Nigerian TV station that made a policy of exclusively airing naija songs. That was in the early 2000s when artists were really really struggling. I remember watching jukebox on mbi with chichi showing the likes of mode 9,plantashun boys, remedies, baba dee and the usher/Michael Jackson wannabes psquare with their bandana and over sized jeans singing about a certain senorita. Sound city was never in the picture. But Mr Jude should be a bit more circumspect with his choice of words. Am out

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by arabianights: 10:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
madridguy:
FACT BUT I SMELL EGO.

Yep,But he gast it .He is a damn fine director and his brothers are great artistes .Some times you need to flaunt it to shut up a disrespectful person.Remind them who you are, how far you have come and yes.............how you have fed them!
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by arabianights: 10:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
ReskpetNobleman:
educate mee cheesy HOW many unknown upcoming artiste ve dis noise city made popular sef witout asking for cash. Business is business get a brain cry

Gbam! if soundcity had not played their videos ,those guys will still be selling like crazy.Rubbish, did they finance any of their albums ?

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Sound city or whatever it is called is a microscopic reflection of the distorted business orientation of most business organizations in Nigeria.

They should go and google Taylor Swit's response to Apple when they wanted to stream her songs for free.

Apple which Is a multi billion dollar organization did not release any daft nor dumb press crap like sound city of Nigeria rather they reached out to T.Swift and made her an offer in other to stream her song and Apple now pays every American artist whose song is being streamed on Apple's platform as a result of T.Swift drilling it into their senses that her songs are not for charity rather it is for business and that she owes them nothing.

It is even sickening to imagine that sound city came up with such toutic, dumb and daft childish press releases and it is even more pathetic that some mediocre Nigerians with faulty thought processes sees nothing wrong with sound city's sense of entitlement for playing songs which they haven't paid a dime for as royalties as it is done in every sane clime.

For heaven sake, PSquare is a huge brand that sells itself and sound city only leveraged on the PSquare brand to attract huge viewership.

PSquare as a brand should demand royalties for all their song's that has been played on sound city tv.

So it is now an ungrateful act by Psqure against sound city because they asked sound city to pay them for their service?

There is no free lunch even in free town.

The integrates here is sound city and they are so daft not to have realized that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Drahmah: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
you do have a point, but in this case, it is null. P square have been in music since way before soundcity birthed. P square became global after 'do me'. Soundcity was still an idea at that time. Mtv gave p square most of the hype they have today. So, while soundcity has definitely helped their popularity over the years, they didn't make them famous.

4 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by melzabull(f): 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Sweetlemon:

You make sense though......... But still it's business. Boys must make money na.
P Square should have been more polite about it sha.
Can you point out their impoliteness?

Yeaah, No need for the facade, just spill it out

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by melzabull(f): 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I believe u not talking to me tho..... Even stupidity is creativity
when expressed logically.
When did SC come into existence and what year did P-square release their first album?

Let me see how far your 'reasonability' and logical creativity takes you

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Champele(m): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Sound city tv are greedy criminals.they should go to hell.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nemesis99(m): 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
hamm harsh words from Jude. don't like the guy much sha! buh truth be told, soundcity really helped psquare grow in the industry. oga Jude, swallow your pride before it ruin you.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by softvio(m): 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
byrron:
Sound city or whatever it is called is a microscopic reflection of the distorted business orientation of most business organizations in Nigeria.

They should go and google Taylor Swit's response to Apple when they wanted to stream her song for free.

Apple which Is a multi billion dollar organization did not release any daft nor dumb press crap like sound city of Nigeria rather they reached out to T.Swift and made her an offer in other to stream her song and Apple now pays every American artist whose song is being streamed on Apple's platform as a result of T.Swift drilling it into their senses that her songs are not for charity rather it is for business and that she owes them nothing.

It is even sickening to imagine that sound city came up with such toutic, dumb and daft childish press releases and it is even more pathetic that some mediocre Nigerians with faulty thought processes sees nothing wrong with sound city's sense of entitlement for playing songs which they haven't paid a dime for as royalties as it is done in every sane clime.

For heaven sake, PSquare is a huge brand that sells itself and sound city only leveraged on the PSquare brand to attract huge viewership.

PSquare as a brand should demand royalties for all their song's that has been played on sound city tv.

So it is now an ungrateful act by Psqure against sound city because they asked sound city to pay them for their service?

There is no free lunch even in free town.

The integrates here is sound city and they are so daft not to have realized that.

God! You just stole that Taylor Swift example out of my mouth. That was what i wanted to quote to Missnora , you don't just use someone intellectual property for free and you make gains out of it, yet you don't pay him/her. That's intellectual robbery, Nigerians should learn how to be rational in business and not always about emotions.... Am never a fan of Psquare though
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by melzabull(f): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
AmakaDNBStories:
And he wrote 'We artist don't complaining', ok na.
Check my signature jor
typo, didn't you see where he corrected it....and that was all you got from the post? ode

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Emirofsambisa1: 11:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:

Ogbeni say what you know! Soundcity don't play videos for free especially if you are a rising artiste. Psquare must have bought their way to stardom so don't blame them

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by melzabull(f): 11:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nemesis99:
hamm harsh words from Jude. don't like the guy much sha! buh truth be told, soundcity really helped psquare grow in the industry. oga Jude, swallow your pride before it ruin you.
Quiet! where's the pride and where's the harshness? you don't like him...and you think he knows you exist? mtcheww

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy: "Tell Your Boyfriend To Stop Texting Me" / Tonto Dikeh Rides On Okada To The Cinema (Photos) / Legacy Peculiar Rhema Okwuchi Marries Peace Victoria Akpan Traditionally (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.