Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos (41411 Views)

Paul Okoye Replies Fan That Asked Him Why His Voice Sounds Like 'psqaure' / Peter Okoye Replies Fan Who Asked Which Song Will He Perform In His Show / Peter Okoye Replies APC Over Call For His Arrest Based On Abroad Video Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by 2sex(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...
That's where you got it wrong. See, my elder bro was an artiste, his friends were and I have average knowledge of how that forking industry works. It's man eat man out there. NOTHING IS DONE FREE and I say if Soundcity claim they did it for them FREE, they are FORKING LYING.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by wristbangle: 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I hate ingrates

I think both of them are wrong.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunergy:

What's your point. mTV air their Videos too across Africa. So what's your Point?

Does MTV pay them? .. what is your point.. why don't they go ask MTV to pay xyz$$$

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by jaymichael(m): 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
I think Am with @JudeOkoye on this one. SC is not doing the artists a favour, instead it's the artists that have the right to demand royalties but instead those videos are aired for free, that to me, is a reward in itself for SC. WE SHOULDN'T FORGET THAT THESE VIDEOS COST MILLIONS TO PRODUCE. Artists should be rewarded for their creativity.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by emmatok(m): 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
chino11:
This is a strong statement of FACT.

Soundcity needs Psquare more than Psquare will ever need Soundcity.

Psquare is an African household name and world at large so they don't need Soundcity.

These guys are self made..

Psquare the king of African music

Then Psquare should go open their own TV and Radio.

Yesterday you are begging TV Broadcasters and OAPs to play your song and feature youe video.
Today you are tell them they are irrelevant.

Next time open your own TV and Radio to promote your music.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by kensaki2015(m): 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wetin concern me.... dudes try settle ur motherf**ker Problems.. Wetin concern me.... dudes try settle ur motherf**ker Problems..
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Dubemkelly(m): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
Homguy:
obviously, you didn't read soundcity's previous explanation. They offered to pay psquare an amount lesser than what psquare would charge other organizers, but the p-duo refused. I personally think those guys are just being ungrateful. Sound city, jacked up a lot of artists in Nigeria. They deserve some reciprocation. They didn't even ask for a free show!
Well if that is the case, they should take their own action as they have already made, everybody has their business guidelines, if the duet has insisted on strictly business arrangement, other artistes could wow the act. People are just different. Everyone gets hurt in life esp when someone you thought is worth counting on shows u another side u never expected.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by emmatok(m): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...

This pSquare actions might affect new upcoming musician from Nigeria.

I know lots of upcoming musicians begs TVs, Radio and DJs to feature their albums.

But pSquare will change everything.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by haqueurate(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
Tours dont stop you from becoming irrelevant, hits does.
Record shows most forgoten and outdated musicians resort to tours in a bid to squeeze the last drop of income from showbizz b4 nobody remembers them again undecided

Quote author=2sex post=37881761] going extinct? Dudes have been on tour for over 5 days now in the US. They are here to stay for as long as they can and I doubt any Nigerian artiste can beat their records by the time they are done.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by MISSNORA(f): 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
magicminister:

you raised a nice point. Gratitude is always a good thing but let me educate you a bit on music business.
[b]
1- Soundcity is not doing p-square any favour by playing their music. They are international stars and airing p-square videos and content is what we call "added content" which solely benefits soundcity because they do not make any royalty payments to the artiste.

2- Psquare has played numerous free shows for soundcity which has generated millions of naira for soundcity.

3- soundcity makes thousands of naira every single day off the sweat of these artistes by stealing their royalties. Their youtube account is monetized. That simply means for everytime you watch a p-square interview or click a p-square video hosted by soundcity on youtube, google pays a certain amount of money into soundcity's account.

Everything i stated above is a fact.
Soundcity is currently not doing p-square any favour by airing or not airing their contents.

Its a shame that the Nigerian music industry hardly favours the artiste that sweated their ass off for these content you are watching.
Just imagine soundcity a situation where all the artistes in Nigeria stop making videos, will soundcity still have contents to air??

P-SQUARE HAS PAID THEIR DUES.
THEY HAVE SUFFERED AND EARNED THEIR STRIPES AND even the bibles says that every labourer deserves his wage!..
the most p-square can do is to slash their performance fee for soundcity.

If every tv and radio station that supported p-square during their struggling days should demand for free appearance and all that, then the industry will be totally messed up.
[/b]

of at ur number one, what of when they are starters /locals? They must av to beg before airing. Now they av made it vice versa

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Owliver(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
voltron:
This is one reason I hate working with Nigerian Artistes.. Industry Platforms can make or Break you bruhs.. without SoundCity and all other media publishers out there.. you will still be a bunch of festac igbo huslters signing in cemeteries with mgbeke girl-friends in your videos.

Admit it, yes you make money and perform at shows.. if nobody aired those shows do you thing you will become popular on radio alone.. BULLSHIT Jude Okoye.. you can take a man out of the ghetto but you cannot take the ghetto out of a ghettoed man. Royalties.. this guy obviously has depended on consultants 3rd-party research to make his gig work and become successful the way he is today (smart) but also learn on your own. Did you sign any agreement with SoundCity.. how many peeps would have seen all your performances on NTA and Gambia TV if not for DSTV airing SoundCity Channels all over Africa.. go siddon there jare.. just because you have blown and over-sampled all sorts you want to make mouth... you star is fading gradually.. do youhear PSquare like before anymore.. smhhhhh
in as i dont support jude's way of talking you talk as though sound city were a charity tv station. they play good music to make money and they play for free. it would have been a one sided favour if they had paid for the video shoot.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by AmakaDNBStories(f): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
And he wrote 'We artist don't complaining', ok na.
Check my signature jor
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:

Psaquare have been stars even bfor sound city, I rememba when they sold the most numba of CDs. One thing u must know is that P square cuts across ppl of the SE and SS. The music industry just recently started reciving endorsment. And dats not the making of sound city. I don't know what happend between the two of them but to say soundcity brought p square to limelight, is misinformed. During the rollit, u say ur love no dey die era that was when p square blew and they neva came down
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by chidinwachukwu(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:

Shove your hypocrisy up your Ass and mind your dumb business.People tune to sound city and pay for subscription In other to listen to these Artists,because they can't afford to watch them life .And all these monies end up. In Souncities purse with no one going to the Artist.Soundcity is the Ingrate and You, an Igbophobic ugly thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by litetias(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
They ought to be paying royalty for playing a video as obtains in other climes.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
of at ur number one, what of when they are starters /locals? They must av to beg before airing. Now they av made it vice versa

How many upcoming artist do u see on soundcity
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by magicminister: 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:

When an artiste is still struggling for spot light, it becomes a mutually beneficial thing because regardless of what you thinkm upcoming artists make up a good percentage of sound city's content.
The t.v. station plays the content, the artiste gains some publicity... that is the only scenario where the t.v. station actually benefits the upcoming artist.

In the case of nigeria, upcoming artistes pay for air time (radio and t.v.) so its not like the t.v. station has a choice. you cannot receive money and not do what you are paid for??

If t.v. refuses to play the upcoming artiste content for whatever reason, then the artist can budget the finances to high level internet and radio promotion..... if the song hits big on radio and internet, shoot a video and send it to mtv and trace. They will play it for free and then local champions like soundcity will eventuall have no choice but to pick iy up...

Whatever the scenario, up coming or not, the artiste is still a major content provider to the t.v.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by LesbianBoy(m): 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
Who soundcity don help? Btw just like many people, i didn't even notice that they(soundcity) have stopped airing psquare's music videos
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by sam90s(m): 9:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
How old are you? Not much i guess from from your post. angry

chino11:

Psquare is an African household name and world at large so they don't need Soundcity.

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by homesteady(m): 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-uJOa1xRm0Jo/VfHDwvPEm4I/AAAAAAACMms/fJ6n2iotw9I/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

Who understands what he meant in the 1st tweet?
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
chino11:

Nt true bro
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Missmossy(f): 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
This isn't nice one bit. Jude isn't matured one bit.

Never despise the days of little beginning, being proud isn't the way.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by emmatok(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

How many upcoming artist do u see on soundcity

Lot of upcoming artist feature on soundcity.

And the arrogant Jude is even telling their fans to start watching Trace,MTV base Africa,Channel O shocked

What if Trace,MTV base Africa,Channel O decide they don't want Psquare anymore.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by 2sex(m): 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
haqueurate:
Tours dont stop you from becoming irrelevant, hits does.
Record shows most forgoten and outdated musicians resort to tours in a bid to squeeze the last drop of income from showbizz b4 nobody remembers them again undecided

Quote author=2sex post=37881761] going extinct? Dudes have been on tour for over 5 days now in the US. They are here to stay for as long as they can and I doubt any Nigerian artiste can beat their records by the time they are done.
lol... That's your Opinion. The duo are just taking their time and as it stands now, Peter has program with GLO for the meantime.

There comes a time when you take a break a little.

How many times do you 2face releasing songs lately? They have made their marks man.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by MISSNORA(f): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
chidinwachukwu:

Shove your hypocrisy up your Ass and mind your dumb business.People tune to sound city and pay for subscription In other to listen to these Artists,because they can't afford to watch them life .And all these monies end up. In Souncities purse with no one going to the Artist.Soundcity is the Ingrate and You, an Igbophobic ugly thing.
OK sir

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by tunergy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
voltron:

Does MTV pay them? .. what is your point.. why don't they go ask MTV to pay xyz$$$

Did MTV come to social Media to cry about them not granting free show?
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Dospix(m): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
Hold it there young man. Soundcity never made Psquare famous...Psquare became popular as a result of their hard work which resulted to good music. If soundcity makes musicians famous why are other musicians who they play their music week after week not famous. I seriously hate it when people try to downplay an individuals role in their success and try to give credit to some person whose role can best be described as a facade. Infact, if you say soundcity makes musicians famous, why hasn't the likes of Kennis music made all their musicians famous with all the strings of airing they get? Imagine MTV inviting Jazzy for a show and expecting him to perform for free! Na only for Nigeria this kind rubbish they happen...where man they work na him man must chop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by hyperflex(m): 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Well...things dey happen and they both r making money. Really respect Mr Tajudeen Adepetu on his entertainment hustle. I really think its just basic that a music channel plays the music videos which will give the artists hype n all. The only reason "Shakiti bobo" by Olamide became a great hit was cuz of the video. And who wld av seen the video if the likes of Sound city dnt play it. But wait o! Do MTV Base pay such royalties n if so Sound city shld. Here is my question to PSquare and Jude Okoye; [b][/b]WLD YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO ASK MTV THAT SAME QUESTION OR IS IT A QUESTION OF IF YOU DONT PLAY OUR SONGS HIP TV OR MTV WOULD?

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by tunergy(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
focus7:
read with your brain and not your anus and you will see his point. Just as they bushiit sound city they would sooner or later disown MTV and other media houses, because to them in their arrogant mind, they are self made.

Wonder why you had to result to Insults! Your view would still be read without you displaying the type of Upbringing you had.

Now to the little sense you are trying to make in the bold words, don't you think its self serving for Sound City to think they made them who they are?

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Princezoi(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
Atmmachine:
What you will understand is that SoundCity is a Yoruba station & they don't support and love Igbo artists.
Explain to me how you help Psquare with their music ??
You play their songs on air ??
How do fans in Canada, USA, Italy, Germany, Spain hear or listen to their songs ??
Through SoundCity ?? Gerrarra here.
Really?? Okkaaayyy.. It is either you are just stupid or just daft, how does tribalism relate to this,?? please do the world a favour and grow small sense. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Blackeard(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
It isn't pride. He won't just let one shitty music network talk trash bout his empire
Missmossy:
This isn't nice one bit. Jude isn't matured one bit.

Never despise the days of little beginning, being proud isn't the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy: "Tell Your Boyfriend To Stop Texting Me" / Tonto Dikeh Rides On Okada To The Cinema (Photos) / Legacy Peculiar Rhema Okwuchi Marries Peace Victoria Akpan Traditionally (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.