Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos (41406 Views)

Paul Okoye Replies Fan That Asked Him Why His Voice Sounds Like 'psqaure' / Peter Okoye Replies Fan Who Asked Which Song Will He Perform In His Show / Peter Okoye Replies APC Over Call For His Arrest Based On Abroad Video Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by chino11(m): 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
Shhhh! Soundcity is full of sh!t. HipTv has taken over as people's favourite.

Yea Psquare is the best out of Africa. Soundcity did nada for them.

Psquare made Soundcity. Go figure

voltron:

Bullshiiiit. PSquare always needs the platform to expand their popularity.. if they are not on TV they are on bullshit radio-waves where no one sees them.. SoundCity has a wealth of other artistes all over Africa to keep them profitable for donkey years.. even if PSquare make good videos and good music (which they don't) apart from the dance steps and repeated phrases through out their songs.. who will watch them if not for Media Publishers like SoundCIty

6 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by SylarsMcQuins: 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
missKiffy:
And it keeps getting messier but all this Gbagaun na wah o

Its not by gbagaun, Millions still flows in and out of his account so the gbagaun doesn't matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by micronut(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
What kind of english is jude okoye displaying on social media biko?? Or am i the only one seeing the unpardonable blunder being displayed unguardedly?
1. "We (artiste and label) don't complaing

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by maxtamazin: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...

Crap!!!!!!!!. Why do people watch Souncity? Because they play good African music.
Souncity made money through advert because people want to watch Psquare video.
Without Psquare and the rest, there won't be Souncity. ...without Souncity there will always be Psquare.
Souncity is not doing them any favour. These guys are professional, they shouldn't be working for free. Can Souncity ask Usher to play for free because they play his video?
Pls don't take your mum advise literally.

15 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by chino11(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Soundcity is a local champion. Mtv and rest of them fall over themselves just play Psquare video.

tunergy:

What's your point. mTV air their Videos too across Africa. So what's your Point?
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
voltron:

Bullshiiiit. PSquare always needs the platform to expand their popularity.. if they are not on TV they are on bullshit radio-waves where no one sees them.. SoundCity has a wealth of other artistes all over Africa to keep them profitable for donkey years.. even if PSquare make good videos and good music (which they don't) apart from the dance steps and repeated phrases through out their songs.. who will watch them if not for Media Publishers like SoundCIty
so sound city removed those anomalies?
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by seedorfg(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
na dem sabi o, both sound city and p square got something to settle hence why the hullabaloo
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by miqos02(m): 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
braine:
Artistes should contact [url=musiktrak.com]Musiktrak[/url] Nigeria on how to go about monitoring their songs and getting royalties from these media people. Its high time they started paying up!
tell us the truth, when was the last time you paid for a nigerian musical album?

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
micronut:
What kind of english is jude okoye displaying on social media biko?? Or am i the only one seeing the unpardonable blunder being displayed unguardedly?
1. "We (artiste and label) don't complaing
he corrected himself but shot again...whether. but he is better most nairalanders. I thought good grammar NP matter. tongue
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Homguy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
Dubemkelly:
But these guys (Sound City) encourage us to download, support the hustle and let the music pay, they should also pay for an booking maybe on a subsidised rate. That event in question, was it free? I doubt if it was. They shouldn't be selfish, you can't kill something you support. It's business always and no sentiments, music spices up programs and they use it as an interlude, because the close-up ad manager watches Soundcity and a die hard fan doesn't make then play their ads for free.
obviously, you didn't read soundcity's previous explanation. They offered to pay psquare an amount lesser than what psquare would charge other organizers, but the p-duo refused. I personally think those guys are just being ungrateful. Sound city, jacked up a lot of artists in Nigeria. They deserve some reciprocation. They didn't even ask for a free show!

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Revolva(m): 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
Soundcity r way too rude...dem own too much imagin dem no wan play giants like psquare video...hahaha psquare just de laff....dude already blown....na dem go loose big time....na so dem de do..if u go them office go submit video dem segregation too much....

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by princejenks(m): 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...
if psquare wasnt making good music that was topping charts,would they have continued promoting them by playing their videos like they claimed? I didnt read where soundcity said they played their songs for free from the beginning cos we all know how radio djs and even the tv presenters exploit upcoming artistes by collecting some amount before giving their songs air play so if a soundcity later decided to support psquare when their popularity soared,they simply did it from a business angle and with a profit motive. Artistes have the right to charge for their performances cos this is business so if they didnt agree on an acceptable fee,thats a totally different matter.

9 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by oluamid(m): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
Atmmachine:
What you will understand is that SoundCity is a Yoruba station & they don't support and love Igbo artists.
Explain to me how you help Psquare with their music ??
You play their songs on air ??
How do fans in Canada, USA, Italy, Germany, Spain hear or listen to their songs ??
Through SoundCity ?? Gerrarra here.

"Sound city is a Yoruba station", really?

You are really going to take this the tribal route? I carry yarnsh for you oo.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by JuicyStar: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-uJOa1xRm0Jo/VfHDwvPEm4I/AAAAAAACMms/fJ6n2iotw9I/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
P-Square's manager and brother Jude Okoye has responded to Soundcity's statement which claimed Psquare refused to support their event in December 2014.The music channel claims they decided to stop airing PSquare's videos because the duo did not reciprocate their support over the years..

Jude Okoye says the music channel is not doing them a favour as they make millions playing artist videos for free without paying royalties..

[img]http://3.bp..com/-IvjBut6igq0/VfHF1vjNFVI/AAAAAAACMm8/04BMdkSXI7o/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-F-sQZzpMH5k/VfHFEwfqlEI/AAAAAAACMm0/uvnwKpjjdmw/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

https://mobile.twitter.com/judeengees/status/642032118219046912

Advice: Jude should be careful in addressing this issue cos other tv station may negatively interpret whatever he says as a representative of the group. A fight against Psquare is a fight against all tv stations

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by focus7: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunergy:

What's your point. mTV air their Videos too across Africa. So what's your Point?
read with your brain and not your anus and you will see his point. Just as they bushiit sound city they would sooner or later disown MTV and other media houses, because to them in their arrogant mind, they are self made.

4 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by famotechs(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
Most of Our Youth dis days think like second Class human being..psquare did nothing wrong..business as usual.soundcity are just looking for ground to settle dispute with psquare...when they air psquare songs,did dey pay psquare? No ,instead they were using psquare music and other musics to make money..dey now want a free show..haaaaa.thief them be

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by braine(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
miqos02:
tell us the truth, when was the last time you paid for a nigerian musical album?

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by famotechs(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Cos soundcity are giving stupid Excuses,some are calling psquare arrogant...mtv base,hiptv,trace stil playin psquare ..y only soundcity den?..some fools abusing psquare
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:
You won't go far in the business world if this is the way you think. If they didn't have any talent, no amount of airing would have done them any good. Whether they were still struggling or not, they deserve to be paid royalties if Sound City continued to play their songs. Sound city cannot exist without artistes and artistes cannot exist without the media.

PS: they weren't looking malnourished, they were looking like their ages. If you are in doubt, go and compare Beyonce's before and after pictures.

12 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
o... so they are now beefing themselves.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by princejenks(m): 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
If we all learned how to mind our business very well,we will make better successes at our endeavours. There are better ways to show displeasure than outrightly stopping the airing of psquare videos as done by soundcity,business is business,you dont mix it with needless sentiments. This is why the white people are way ahead of us

6 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by haqueurate(m): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
grin I just came to see the fight btw missnora and 2sex
but psquare is going extinct, this is a publicity stunt to stay relevant
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by miqos02(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
braine:
Artistes should contact [url=musiktrak.com]Musiktrak[/url] Nigeria on how to go about monitoring their songs and getting royalties from these media people. Its high time they started paying up!
miqos02:
braine:

hmmmm
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by magicminister: 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
MISSNORA:

you raised a nice point. Gratitude is always a good thing but let me educate you a bit on music business.
[b]
1- Soundcity is not doing p-square any favour by playing their music. They are international stars and airing p-square videos and content is what we call "added content" which solely benefits soundcity because they do not make any royalty payments to the artiste.

2- Psquare has played numerous free shows for soundcity which has generated millions of naira for soundcity.

3- soundcity makes thousands of naira every single day off the sweat of these artistes by stealing their royalties. Their youtube account is monetized. That simply means for everytime you watch a p-square interview or click a p-square video hosted by soundcity on youtube, google pays a certain amount of money into soundcity's account.

Everything i stated above is a fact.
Soundcity is currently not doing p-square any favour by airing or not airing their contents.

Its a shame that the Nigerian music industry hardly favours the artiste that sweated their ass off for these content you are watching.
Just imagine soundcity a situation where all the artistes in Nigeria stop making videos, will soundcity still have contents to air??

P-SQUARE HAS PAID THEIR DUES.
THEY HAVE SUFFERED AND EARNED THEIR STRIPES AND even the bibles says that every labourer deserves his wage!..
the most p-square can do is to slash their performance fee for soundcity.

If every tv and radio station that supported p-square during their struggling days should demand for free appearance and all that, then the industry will be totally messed up.
[/b]

18 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by badinfluence: 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
Atmmachine:
What you will understand is that SoundCity is a Yoruba station & they don't support and love Igbo artists.
Explain to me how you help Psquare with their music ??
You play their songs on air ??
How do fans in Canada, USA, Italy, Germany, Spain hear or listen to their songs ??
Through SoundCity ?? Gerrarra here.
Wetin this one dey talk abeg. Conspiracy theorist

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Blackeard(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
agarawu23:
Hmmm

They are both useful to each other
And to me, psquare are saying shiit just to back up their points. If it was when they had 'no shoes', they will not say this bullshiit
you don't even know what you're saying that's the sad part. P square are international icons so Sound city are not doing them a favour by playing their music. They get paid. That's their Fvcking Job? To air music. That's why it's called sound city. P square don't owe them jack shiit. If they don't play good music people will move to other stations reducing their to whatever.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by 2sex(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
haqueurate:
grin I just came to see the fight btw missnora and 2sex
but psquare is going extinct, this is a publicity stunt to stay relevant
going extinct? Dudes have been on tour for over 5 days now in the US. They are here to stay for as long as they can and I doubt any Nigerian artiste can beat their records by the time they are done.

4 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by MISSNORA(f): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Freemanan:

She likes talk too much... But this one right here is sense filled. You made history today dear. You make sense.
lol thanx my swt
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by chesterlee(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
Business is business.. Soundcity should pay up or get lost
How the hell did Soundcity make Psquare? When we bought their video and audio album CD's who knew Soundcity?
Didn't even noticed that they stopped playing Psquare videos...Nobody cares!

5 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
Soundcity should just chill.. if everybody stops making videos for them to play.. wat will dey den be doing?.. music producers and artists are the reason Soundcity and other music stations are in business. It's a mutual thing!!

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
kosplateau:

so sound city removed those anomalies?
No.. it is not related.. The Music Industry is all Business but there is also what I like to call a Symbiotic Relationship between Artistes, Managers and Media Publishers.. PSquare is doing so well because they got family managing the "Managers" aspect while they do their Artistes aspects. If they owned their own TV Station and aired their own Music Videos.. they would be broke.. so they need the media publishers to do that. without SoundCity and the likes.. who will know Artistes and the music they play? So PSquare benefited as much as SoundCity did. It is all about Image and Reputation.. look at what happened to EMINEM..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Famous Places Nigerian Celebrities Take Pictures In Their Houses / Chidinma's Moustache (Photos) / Chika Ike & Oge Okoye Given Chieftancy Titles In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.