Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Tell Us About Your Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Us About Your Marriage (83524 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by loveth(f): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2005
Of course yes,you have to go on.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by alheri(f): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2005
OK guyz u win i'll tell. But i have to ask my hubby first-u know how it is- if he says yes u guyz get ready to be blown away!!!!!! have to go naw. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss.1 for loveth.1 for seun, 1 for fabian, 1 for lioness, 1 for IAH and 1 rite back at ME!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by dablessed(f): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2005
Oh Vexxy! I always ever look forward to your next post! Get back soon.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by vexxy(f): 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2005
I'll try and post again either tonight or on Sunday, dablessed. I'm glad you're enjoying it. cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by bagoma(f): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2005
we all are.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nferyn(m): 1:42am On Nov 13, 2005
Sorry again for he delay.
My wife's just back from Nigeria. I'm [i]working [/i]on my marriage now, so I didn't have time to [i]write [/i]about it
Tomorrow. Promise
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Seun(m): 1:58am On Nov 13, 2005
We'll wait for you, o nferyn, famous husband of the Nigerian woman! cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by fabian(f): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2005
Mmm*Clears throat* Eagerly anticipating!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by kenflavor(m): 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2005
fabian:

Mmm*Clears throat* Eagerly anticipating!

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by fabian(f): 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2005
Duh?
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by layi(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2005
nferyn:

Sorry again for he delay.
My wife's just back from Nigeria. I'm [i]working [/i]on my marriage now, so I didn't have time to [i]write [/i]about it
Tomorrow. Promise

Are you always 'working' on it? Yeeeeeeeee..seems stressful to me o. i'm not marrying again.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by fabian(f): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2005
For what now LayI? Its not that hard oh! Its really fun, but you have to put some energy into it!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lioness(f): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2005
@ Layi.. i dont think Nferyn meant that kind of working. He's talking about the other kind of workin "workinnnnnn".
u know what am saying. That other working thingy. grin grin grin

Common married pepeooople tell the story
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by fabian(f): 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2005
Oh working, like alheri says fighting and Mich says kuli kuli, or so?
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lioness(f): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2005
wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by fabian(f): 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2005
I.C
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by layi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2005
Which time fiki fiki turn to kuli kuli fabiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

tgress abi na lioness....u mean nferyn still had time to post while doing fiki fiki ?
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by vexxy(f): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2005
The Story of Us: Honeymoon

Following the ceremony we went back to our apartment.  It was hard to get in because gifts were everywhere and we had a few out of town guests say with us.  We thanked them, grabbed our over night bags and headed to a beautiful hotel where we spent our first night as husband and wife.  

As we arrived at the hotel there was another couple getting married!  A few of the guests came up to congratulate us as we congratulated the couple.  We then headed straight for the room.  I know what you're thinking but NO, it didn't happen!  We were both so tired that he helped me take off the dress and we slept.  Yes, we fell asleep!  The exhaustion of the day just caught up to us and we slept peacefully.

The next day we headed out for church.  We refused to miss the service so we scheduled our flight for late in the afternoon.  As I was heading out to pick up one church memeber I was struck by a car.  My car was damaged badly and I did not have my license on me as my things were still scatterd over many places due to the wedding.  Thankfully, no one was injured and it made the fact that we were leaving town that much more enjoyable!

After service, we took our flight.  We would be spending 5 days in the very place Katrina destroyed, New Orleans.  We stayed in the French Quarter and got to know so many wonderful people there.  It's upsetting to now see the destruction there.  We only wonder about those whom we met.  We do not know whether they made it out or not.

After New Orleans we caught a flight to Chicago where we met and stayed with some friends of his from Sierra Leone.  We stayed with them for 3 lovely days.  Our time together was unforgettable.

I could not be more happier with this man.  Some days I wake up and just start covering his face with kisses.  I tell him how much I love him every day.  There is no way us being together was a mistake.  With every waking moment I grow to love and respect him more.  The time we spent going through the conflicts only helped us grow stronger.

I love you, Unit 22.

V

6 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by fabian(f): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2005
At long long last! wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nferyn(m): 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2005
layi:

Which time fiki fiki turn to kuli kuli fabiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

tgress abi na lioness.u mean nferyn still had time to post while doing fiki fiki ?

Layi,

It's a little more than what you people are referring to. You bachelors are too singelminded grin But let's get on with it... I'm starting

part 6....
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nferyn(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2005
@Vexxy
I truly hope your story isn't yet finished. I'm enjoying every letter of it smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by vexxy(f): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2005
Nferyn, thank you! There are some other events that I can add to the story but I'm waiting for you. I've enjoyed your story a great deal and I'm trying my best to remain patient to hear more!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by bagoma(f): 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2005
wow, Vexxy, that was a wonderful story. i'm happy for you. like sweet wine, may God make ur marriage even better with time.

Nferyn, you've kept us waiting for too long. come oooonnn pleeeeaase. we want to exhale, o.

hey guys we're running a little dry with the stories here. common people, lets keep the gist flowing...... alheri where art thou? you must be tru with the permission thing by now....   wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nferyn(m): 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2005
Part 6- Parents at last

My wife - being a good Nigerian - wanted to have a child asap. I wasn't all that sure about it at first, but events took over and I made a complete mindswitch. It was hard to imagine myself as a father, I had never given it much thought, but slowly and steadily we grew more an more into the role of future parents. We started to think about the decoration of the baby room, read books and watched videos on parenting, started looking for a name, ...

In the mean time we were able to go on our delayed honeymoon in London. By the time we got back, her pregnancy became rather hard to carry and this increased the stress for the both of us. Actually, at that time I didn't have a drivers license. i never wanted to go for the exam because I - rightly - thought that I would like driving too much and as cars are extremely money hungry. Of course, once my wife was expecting, using public transport wasn't that easy anymore and we had to compromise in many ways

About one week before the expected delivery date, my wife was sleeping badly at night. She had to get up frequently, but she dozed off and fell asleep again. Around down, she woke up an knew immediately that something was different that time/ the contractions had started. As it was 7:00 by the time we were ready. As the contractions were not continuous, we decided that we could take public transport to get to the hospital. We got there at about 8:00. The gynaecologist decided to keep her and at about 11:00 labour started. It all took extremely long and the pain got too much. She received an epidural, but unfortunately, it didn't help that much. A second epidural could relive most of the pain. By 18:40 she delivered our first son, Tom. We were both so happy. I was so proud that I could give him his first bath, he was so tiny, but o so beautiful

to be continued ...
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nike4luv(f): 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2005
aw..this whole thing make me happy and sad at the same time

wait..is vexxy married?
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by whiteshark(m): 7:42am On Nov 15, 2005
my hunger and thirst for more juicy stuuf has not been satisfied...... I said I NEEED MORE......
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lioness(f): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2005
These stories are awesome mennn! kiss

I hope i fall in love like Vexxy and have pretty kids like Nferyn .............   someday sad
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by whiteshark(m): 9:01am On Nov 15, 2005
may ur hopes and dreams come true..............say amen
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lioness(f): 9:33am On Nov 15, 2005
AMEN wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by prettyH(f): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2005
Gosh this thread certainly's da best. Congrats to all da married folks and pls do continue da stories its lovely to read.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by goldenoc(f): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2005
And AMEN

l wish God will give me my life partner as many of us have gotten their. And also to all that are single like me.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Seun(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2005
Amen. Nice story, Nferyn. Pain of childbirth, aww!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.