Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Tell Us About Your Marriage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Us About Your Marriage (83529 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by whiteshark(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2005
Nor be small thing
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by kenflavor(m): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2005
Vexxy, I think is high time we started a Marriage consultant firm. I will be in charge of the Account Section, while HA will be our marketer. What do you think cheesy wink

You are good baby. You are just da BOMB.

[center]Marriage Guress[/center]
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by vexxy(f): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2005
kenflavor, thank you. cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by bagoma(f): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2005
Yes Vexxy, you have such wonderful ideas and most importantly you have this beautiful way of putting it down for the benefit of all. thanks girly
this is for you kiss kiss
on both cheeks.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by vexxy(f): 4:51am On Nov 23, 2005
Bagoma, I'm speechless and humbled by your kind words. Thank you sis, truly. kiss
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lioness(f): 9:30am On Nov 23, 2005
ohhh now am feeling all mushy, wish we cld get a group hug grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by bagoma(f): 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2005
grin cheesy grin wink smiley
Lioness you're something else! cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by lioness(f): 10:49am On Nov 28, 2005
LOL! what can i say grin grin grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by kenflavor(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2005
what's happening. Where are u guys. My eyes are hitching me
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by loveth(f): 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2005
@kenflavour
Why is it hitching?
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by alheri(f): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2005
LOVETH! you know he probably meant itch. cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by loveth(f): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2005
ok.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by viviansam(f): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2005
Just joined the forum, will definetely talk about my marriage soon. Our marriage anniv. is on the 18/12/05. I will tell you how our marraige has been after our anniv.and ready to break the jinx that women dont talk abot their marriage.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by bagoma(f): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2005
viviansam, woman have been talking about their marraiges, moi inclusive. you just didnt read them, i guess.
but welcome to nairaland, darling.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2005
i will talk about my marriage soon cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by viviansam(f): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2005
[b][size=8pt]I promised to talk about my marriage after our one year anniv, which was on 18/12/05. I met My Husband through a friend in Port Harcourt in June 2003... A friend of mine who is very fond of me keep talking about me and the young man wanted to meet me and my friend gave him my tel no., he called me we became friends thereafter.

We agreed to meet over dinner one evening in a fast food joint in PH, after our first evening together, we scheduled to meet again 5 days later, my husband did not keep the appointment and did not call me to say he could not. i waited for him and his call to no avail, I got annoyed and decided I will not bother about him since he didnt have the courtesy to tell me he could not make the appointment.

2 days later he cald me to explain and apologise and I listened but did not raise any questions because I have decided that he is not a serious person. At that time, I was really not too keen about the relatnship even though I liked him as he is handsome and quite appealing young [/b] man...but I was not moved because I dislike such attitude esp for somebody i just met.

After that incidence, he kept on calling me, inviting me for a date and all whats but I ignored all his invitation. He calls at my office and phones me I refused to return his call. after about 3 months, he went back to my friend and told her how I have decided to ignore him as a result of his behaviour the last time we had an appointment, my friend promised him he will talk to me on his behalf and she made frantic efforts to get me to agree to see him again.

U know we women na... some few days after, he called me and I was willing to see him, that was in August 2003 and from then, we actually started a real relationship. In September, a month after, he told me he wanted to marry me... and proceeded to see my parents who are to inform them of his intentions. My parents later cald me inquire if i wanted to marry him and I accepted and then the process started. My parents where however opposed to the fact that he is from a different Christian denomination( we are catholics while he is pentecostal). but every problem was resolved peacefully. I made my point clear to my parents that I will have to worship in same church with my husband irrespective of whatever since he is by God's injuction "My Lord". besides I don't want a separated home.

The bride price was paid on 21/2/04, the tradtional marriage on 21/8/04 and the church wedding on 18/12/04.

we have been living happily since then together. We have faced some good, bad and ugly sides just like any marriage but our resolve and the love and vow we took together has been our binding force. He [/b] . I love my husband especially for his qualities. he is handsome, (Guys am a total beauty too before una go yell, but its good to appreciate our hussy for who and what they are) young (early 30"s), fashionable and very homely. he assists me in all household job. all except that I don't allow him to cook. He equally appreciates me for my hardwork and supportive roles. I work 8:00 am- 5:00pm Mon-Fri. And half day on Sat., while he is his own boss...

we don't have kids yet but we will have. I had 2 MC's (miscarriage) within this year 2005... am sure a permanent one is on the way.... but in all marriage is al ovely thing and we are the one to make it work because it is ordained in heaven but made and worked out on earth....

lovely xmas fellows...[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by bagoma(f): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2005
lovely story vivian, i enjoyed it.
as per kids. they will come. d bible says in His time he makes all things beautiful. soon you'll be a joyful mother and ur home even happier.
congratulations!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by nike4luv(f): 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2005
wow, vivian nice

kids will come, definitely, by Gods grace

the peace of lord be with u
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by IAH(f): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2005
Awwwww Vivian kiss kiss kiss
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by naana(f): 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2005
nike4luv:

wow, vivian nice

kids will come, definitely, by Gods grace

the peace of lord be with u

I totally agree, God bless you Vivian.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by prettyH(f): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2005
Nice one vivian. God bless ur marriage.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by dablessed(f): 12:07am On Dec 23, 2005
I promised i would talk about my marriage so here goes my story.

It was a chilly september morning in Lagos Nigeria, one of those times of the year 1995 when universities had to be shut for one reason or the other. Although it wasnt too pleasant that ASU was on strike, at least i could earn some money during the compulsory holiday and i'm sure you have an idea of what it meant, by the time it was time to go back to school - more money for baffs! grin

Anyway, it was one of such "work days". My uncle owned a business centre, just a stone-throw away from my parents house and i had to assist him on such times but of course on salary basis.

Work was usually very busy, sometimes i hardly ever had the time to even take a breadth, it was about the time when business centre was good business in Nigeria as private telephone companies and GSM had not been birthed. On this wonderful day, i sat at my desk and a client walked in. He was slim, dark polished skin, about 5ft and 11 inches tall, skin hair cut and very smartly dressed. His appearance and fragrance commanded some sort of respect. We exchanged pleasantries and he made one or two telephone calls outside Lagos. He was so soft spoken, made every request with much politeness and utter respect. He proved to be the kind of client everyone looked forward to having around especially on hectic work days.

However, little did i know i had just stumbled on the love of my life. Ooops! Better put, little did he know he had just located his ribs

I was about 19.

Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Z4M4eva(f): 12:23am On Dec 23, 2005
dablessed:

I promised i would talk about my marriage so here goes my story.

It was a chilly september morning in Lagos Nigeria, one of those times of the year 1995 when universities had to be shut for one reason or the other. Although it wasnt too pleasant that ASU was on strike, at least i could earn some money during the compulsory holiday and i'm sure you have an idea of what it meant, by the time its time to go back to school - more money for baffs!

Anyway, it was one of such "work days". My uncle owned a business centre, just a stone throw away from my parents house and i had to assist him on such times but of course on salary basis.

Work was usually very busy, sometimes i hardly ever had the time to even take a breadth, it was about the time when business centre was good business in Nigeria as private telephone companies and GSM had not been birthed. On this wonderful day, i sat at my desk a client walked in. He was slim, dark polished skin, about 5ft and 11 inches tall, light skin hair cut and very smartly dressed. His appearance and fragrance commanded some sort of respect. We exchanged pleasantries and he made one or two telephone calls outside Lagos. He was so soft spoken, made every request with much politeness and utter respect. He proved to be the kind of client everyone looked forward to having around especially on hectic work days.

However, little did i know i had just stumbled on the love of my life. Ooops! Better put, little did he know he had just located his ribs grin

Stay tuned.

Awww smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by dablessed(f): 1:10am On Dec 23, 2005
My client chose it a daily habit to visit the office for “business” and  after a while, we developed a friendly rapport. Unfortunately, I had to go back to school after about 3 months and hence, we lost contact for almost 4 months.

However in mid-1996, we met again when schools were on vacation  and of we developed a more friendly rapport. He would, on a daily basis, pop in to make one phone call or the other that I began to wonder if all his office phones were always out of service.

It was time to go back to school. We exchanged contacts. Amazingly, my client kept in touch. I was surprised to be called for a phonecall in the hostel. He had kept my contact which i exchanged with his over 2 months before. He wanted to know if it was fine to pay me a visit in school.

Stay tuned
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by dablessed(f): 1:53am On Dec 23, 2005
My friend paid me a visit in school and poured out his heart. At this time, He had just completed his NYSC and i was in my second year in the UNI.He wanted to know if i would be his girlfriend. I was naive, never had a boyfriend before and somewhat scared. I was convinced my friend was a christian and feared God. We became lovers. I was 21.

In no time, he became my best friend ever. He knew what it meant to respect a lady and his love captivated my heart and before dawn, i was in love.

Our friendship grew really strong that he started insinuating "marriage". My friend was not ready to share the rest of his life with someone else. In 1998, he drove me somewhere really quiet, parked his car and told me there was something he would like to let me know, he looked really sober and sad that i became so scared and was hoping nothing terrible had happened - it was just the two of us. He came out of the car and turned around to get me out of the car. It was the month of november and the weather was quite windy. He held my hands and as the wind blew against my face, he proposed on bent knees.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by hotangel2(f): 2:19am On Dec 23, 2005
Where have i been?? Why didn't nobody tell me about this topic? cry

It's not like i want to share a story, but come on now. 8 pages? And i don't know about it?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by dablessed(f): 2:23am On Dec 23, 2005
I stood speechless for several minutes. My friend wanted an answer, still on bent knees. It was as though we were shooting a true live movie on the Carribean islands and had to be strategically located for quality and excellent clarity. I was dumbfounded! Really caught unawares! I did not have the slightest idea this was coming. I loved him so much and found myself saying "yes" as those cold tears rolled subconciously through my blushed cheeks. It was my happiest moment and as he slowly found his feet up, the wind blew stronger and he gave me a giant hug which lasted for several minutes - it was our closest physical contact in almost 3 years. I was 22 and had one more year to become a graduate.

It was the happiest time ever. Behold, i was going to be a bride. I felt on top of the world.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by hotangel2(f): 2:42am On Dec 23, 2005
Awwww...sorry i bashed into your story with my stupid rants.

Your story is a cute one.. ur husband is very romantic. I like his proposal.. awwww. More to come?
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by hotangel2(f): 2:46am On Dec 23, 2005
Hey vivian, Im glad u have a happy family.

Like nike said, kids will come in no time.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by dablessed(f): 3:00am On Dec 23, 2005
And so we moved on from friendship and dating to courtship. By now, we had been friends for a little over 3 years and sex was perfectly under control. I had always ever dreamt of getting married as a virgin.

We prayed and received parental approval as well as pastoral consent. Everything went smoothly and by october 1999, i walked down the isle with my father holding my hand to be received by my husband-to-be and when the pastor asked " Do you taketh .... as your lawful bride, to love and cherish......? Behold! I heard my friend's husky voice saying "I DO", immediately i felt a gush of emotions running through my spine, i had become a bride. It was also the year i graduated.

The wedding ceremony went well and there was more than enough to eat and drink.

We went home and amidst all the joy and happiness, i was somewhat nervous - it was going to be my first night! Please don't ask me how it went but Alas, the dream of getting married as a virgin has finally come to pass. Alleluia.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by sage(m): 3:12am On Dec 23, 2005
@dablessed. I did not know u were married?, or maybe i felt like that from ur comments on the other forums . Anyway nice story.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by hotangel2(f): 3:22am On Dec 23, 2005
dablessed:

Alas, the dream of getting married as a virgin has finally come to pass. Alleluia.

That mean i can do it too. Yes i'll do it! smiley A...a...a...amen!

Good story, more please and tell us.. how frightened were you to have sex for the first time. Was ur husband understanding? Please talk?

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.