Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

What Do You Think Of America? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Think Of America? (22359 Views)

Common Misconception Of America By Nigerians / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of America? by katherinae(f): 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2006
us is off the chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiin boi. is cool u konw has is ups and downs, but i prefer to any other country except nigeria.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2006
hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 4:38am On Dec 21, 2006
@sweetilomo

getting started here is the problem here.once you are settled,i believe america is the place to be.atleast better than our own country where our govt don't care about who we become and what we are because of their our selfishness.god bless america.i still love my country but i guess i had to leave for greener pastures.

You should be becoming political starting some kind of movement to neutralize the bad Nigerian government, not giving up on Nigeria for greener pastures. You got your greener pastures now give something back to the place that initially supported you, that being Nigeria.

Superman, I am with you, God bless Nigeria.

How can America be a place that is blessed when it was built off of murder and thefts? How can a people praise something like that?
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by benzion72(m): 10:05am On Dec 21, 2006
America the land of the good the bad the worst and the best, best economy with highest sucide rate. what a contrast, the greatness of american nation is founded on her people, the country is never in dart of great leaders like Washingtion, Abraham Lincoln, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry Thoure, Martin Luther King, Rosovlet, Andrew Carnage. friend America is great
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by texazzpete(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2006
Sista:

How can America be a place that is blessed when it was built off of murder and thefts? How can a people praise something like that?

Dumbest thing i ever heard
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Pain(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2006
texazzpete:

Same Here.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 5:23pm On Dec 21, 2006

why is it dumb? Please enlighten me so I won't make that mistake of saying something so dumb again.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2006
USA is a place where Nigerians go and do menial jobs - the type they can't do in their country and when they get back to Nigeria after one year, they will be speaking through their noses.

Shio!!!!!
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by mamaput(f): 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2006
When i think of the US of A, i think about

Cotten picking, Hiroshima, Vietnam desert storm,Iraq
I think of a people full of themselves that think they are the best and its only their way or no way.
But have they really won any war?
If we follow up even their films.
Then it was the Chinese the Russians now the Arabs that are their enemy NR one.
These people cannot be happy without a public enemy NR one.
My mum used to get so pissed about their war films, because they always made the Germans look stupid.
I mean as an example an American speaking German with an English accent and passing a check point.
The land of fast food.
I ask my self if they have a culture.
Thanks giving for example what is the history of it.?
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2006

Thanksgiving is a lie Mamaput. It is not a day to be thankful to God for all that you have. Originally Thanksgiving is the day that the white settlers invited the Indians to dinner only to slaughter them before taking their land. That is originally were the term thanks giving came from. They were thankful that they got the land.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Ndipe(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2006
True, Sista, America is a land of contrasts, professing to give peace to the subjugated ones, while its past has been replete with violence against its inhabitants. What an irony. Is this hospitality exhibited to Americans towards immigrants their own way for atoning for their past misdeeds?

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/11/teachers_emphas.php
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 6:34am On Dec 22, 2006
@Ndipe

I went to the link you supplied and it disgusted me. Oh God.

I hate the way they try to say the white settlers made America a great nation with the freedom ways they allowed. They didn't allow anything like freedom for all. Black people fought and lots of them died in fighting for people of color to be free and having the right to equal rights. In fact, if it wasn't for people of color fighting, it wouldn't be a such thing as freedom for all in Americans accept whites. It wouldn't even be a such thing as freedom of speech for all American people.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by texazzpete(m): 9:37am On Dec 22, 2006
mamaput:

When i think of the US of A, i think about

Cotten picking, Hiroshima, Vietnam desert storm,Iraq
I think of a people full of themselves that think they are the best and its only their way or no way.
But have they really won any war?
If we follow up even their films.
Then it was the Chinese the Russians now the Arabs that are their enemy NR one.
These people cannot be happy without a public enemy NR one.
My mum used to get so pissed about their war films, because they always made the Germans look stupid.
I mean as an example an American speaking German with an English accent and passing a check point.
The land of fast food.
I ask my self if they have a culture.

sorry to break it to you, but the oriental 'enemies' the USA fought in world war 2 and vietnam were japanese and vietnamese respectively. calling all orientals 'chinese' shows how undeveloped your mind really is.

Sista:

why is it dumb? Please enlighten me so I won't make that mistake of saying something so dumb again.

Dumb because we aren't responsible for the sins of our fathers. and there's no single living american that was alive when all the indian wars and atrocities happened.

Keep talking about the past. trace your family tree and see if any on was a murderer or had ever killed a fellow human. if so, does that make you a killer. my ancestors were idol worshippers who believed in human sacrifice (i think). going by your twisted logic, doesn't that make me evil, seeing as my past was 'replete with violence'?

Sista:

Thanksgiving is a lie Mamaput. It is not a day to be thankful to God for all that you have. Originally Thanksgiving is the day that the white settlers invited the Indians to dinner only to slaughter them before taking their land. That is originally were the term thanks giving came from. They were thankful that they got the land.

yet another dumb statement, but this time this one stems from crass ignorance. that's what pisses me off about Nigerians, always quick to bad-mouth in their ignorance. here's a link showing you where thanksgiving came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_%28United_States%29

you'll clearly see that you do not know what you're talking about,and by soundin gyour ignorance, you're showing how dumb you are. i mean, that isn't an insult.

Ndipe:

True, Sista, America is a land of contrasts, professing to give peace to the subjugated ones, while its past has been replete with violence against its inhabitants. What an irony. Is this hospitality exhibited to Americans towards immigrants their own way for atoning for their past misdeeds?

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/11/teachers_emphas.php

Perfect! Now going by your misguided logic, the prayers you say in church are a way of atoning for the past misdeeds of the Christian crusaders. after all, since there's much violence in the past of christianity, all of us christians must be evil, worshipping in a false religion abi? After all, shebi the Jehovah's witnesses say Christmas celebrations originated from a pagan festival. why then are you preparing to celebrate Christmas in 3 days time? Are you then a pagan?
That just shows you how silly your argument really is.

Most americans love their country and are proud of their country. sadly, we nigerians do not feel the same way about our own country and beef others who do. try and grow to love your own country and stop beefing others who love theirs. be patriotic!

and better still, think before you mouth off.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2006
texazzpete
Dumb because we aren't responsible for the sins of our fathers. and there's no single living american that was alive when all the indian wars and atrocities happened.

and what happen if the present generation are benefitials of their fathers attrocities! just like the river nile or something that run through middle east in via Gazz!

secondly emm Bakassi in naija border ? what do u think

what would be the case ? u see we blacks shall i say got a problem well nigerians we got a problem. dnt llet the comfort u sittin on brainwash your a$$ brother.

lets all work togerther and fix things up!

god s own country america

god s own country nigeria

u got a problem with that?
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by LiquidMind(m): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2006
I THINK ITS TIME AMERICA LET A BLACK MAN TO BE A PRESIDENT ,

We blacks build up half of this country,
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 3:35am On Dec 23, 2006
@Texxazzpete
Dumb because we aren't responsible for the sins of our fathers. and there's no single living american that was alive when all the indian wars and atrocities happene
d.

We may have not been alive but the white people who are the ancestors of the whites who stole America they benefit from the theft of America. I don't see them trying to give back all of the riches they obtained from American slavery and the theft of America.

Keep talking about the past. trace your family tree and see if any on was a murderer or had ever killed a fellow human. if so, does that make you a killer. my ancestors were idol worshippers who believed in human sacrifice (i think). going by your twisted logic, doesn't that make me evil, seeing as my past was 'replete with violence'?

You sound horrible, you think your ancestors were idol worshipers, okay so what is your point on that one?

yet another dumb statement, but this time this one stems from crass ignorance. that's what pisses me off about Nigerians, always quick to bad-mouth in their ignorance. here's a link showing you where thanksgiving came from

Again, you don't know what you are talking about, I am not a Nigerian which makes me think that all you have just said was of a bias reason. Bias meaning you only said, and spoke the way you spoke, because you assumed I was Nigerian. The link you supplied is a cover up. How the hell did the mayflower land in America and then the white people on the Mayflower got greeted willingly by the Indians, then the Indians taught them about harvest so the thanks giving was done or made to show an appreciation for what the Indians taught the whites who came to America on the Mayflower, [b]that is what i read at the link you supplied and it is all a lie. f Native Americans were doing so well with these white people who landed on their land, why did white people end up killing them and stealing their land? [/b]You don't know what you are talking about. again thanksgiving is a lying cover up to try and make it look like Indians willingly gave up America. Where do you think the term Indian giver derived from?

you'll clearly see that you do not know what you're talking about,and by soundin gyour ignorance, you're showing how dumb you are. i mean, that isn't an insult.

NO, you don't know what you are talking about and i suggest if you feel like continuing this dialog from a learning perspective that you show some respect for other peoples opinions and stop calling people names outside of the name they have,
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by iice(f): 6:01am On Dec 23, 2006
i agree with most of what mamaput said
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 9ja4eva: 7:48am On Dec 23, 2006
LiquidMind:

I THINK ITS TIME AMERICA LET A BLACK MAN TO BE A PRESIDENT ,

We blacks build up half of this country,

Yeah possible in the next world.

Lol
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by princeonx: 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2006
when home (naija) is not good enough!, God bless America! I love it!
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2006
When I think of Europe, I think about the white people who left Europe, They are are the ones responsible for Hiroshima, Dessert storm and Iraq. It is Europeans who ordered all of those wars and bomb drops. They may have been American residents when they ordered those things but they are still Europeans. Let's not get it twisted. Europe is responsible for a most if not all worlds atrocity's. I don't see why everyone is always trying to act like Europe is so innocent. Europeans are also responsible for the horrible apartheid that took place in South Africa. Europeans are the only ones who go about using violence and manipulation to take over other people land.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2006
agreed!
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Ndipe(m): 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2006
Same with Africans, and likewise some other Nationalities, or did you not read about the dispute of the Bakassi land between Nigerians and the Cameroonians? Land issue is a very volatile topic in Africa, like Zimbabwe, South Africa, Kenya, and even in Nigeria, where lives have been lost and blood lines have been overlooked in favor of land. So sista, Europeans are not the only ones in history that are land grabbers.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by mamaput(f): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2006
But these people do not call themselves europans?
By the way when i watch news, i see almost more black soldiers than white ones
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2006
Europeans are not the only ones in history that are land grabbers.

Only thing is, at least Africans stay on their own continent when they do their land grabbing.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Sista(f): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2006
@Mamaput

But these people do not call themselves europans?
By the way when i watch news, i see almost more black soldiers than white ones

You yourself always advocate not to always believe what you see on television. I can tell you that their are just as much white people and other minority's participating in that war as blacks alone. You probably only see more blacks for one reason, they are the ones staying alive while the others are getting killed off.

Still doesn't make it right for blacks to be in that war. However, if black people don't know their history, history will repeat it self. As a result, just like it was ex slaves who played as the white mans watch/guard dog when America was being stolen, they are doing the same thing again but only this time it is to help white people secure their way of life with the freedom of having other peoples oil.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2006
sista no mind dem stupity is blind folding
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by mamaput(f): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2006
superman:

sista no mind them stupity is blind folding

so is Justice ja!!!!!

Not even the white people in southAfrica call themselves europans.
And by the way AA people are not Africans. not even close to it for me
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2006
dru over to u! mamaput do come again ooooo hahaha
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by mamaput(f): 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2006
Then take them to your village and make them people from your place,
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2006
dnt mind u know mamaput but as long u are comin along us no problem mamaput u can always cook for us when u are needed hahhhhaaaaaaaaaa

but by the way why does pussy cat have to look after ur phone in ur profile ! just nosy u know
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by mamaput(f): 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2006
Not my cat not my phone.
Both belong to my last born.
The cat just likes to sit with the phone and also the re motcontrol for the TV.
But by the way do your do people in your village not know how to cook.
If AA people will full my village the prise of fish will go up. So please let them not come let my people not die of hunger
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2006
mamaput u de wicked ooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20)

International Flights To Resume On September 5 / Another 425 Nigerians Arrive From Saudi-arabia / Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.