Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

What Do You Think Of America? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Think Of America? (22352 Views)

Common Misconception Of America By Nigerians / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 1:52am On Feb 13, 2007
@alabiyemmy

Those people who send money from Nigeria to their relatives overseas are part of a very tiny minority. The majority of people in any third world Country would jump on any opportunity to come and do any kind of job here because they know that they can still earn more than the high paying jobs in these third world Countries due to the high currency exchange rates. Be real about it, most people are not as pretentious as you.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by alabiyemmy(m): 3:40am On Feb 13, 2007
When has it become pretentious to say one's opinion? Guess you are being pretentious as well?
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by LindaM1(f): 6:23am On Feb 13, 2007
To Multitask - I don't glean history or life experience from WATCHING tv - I live it! I am a 45-year old AMERICAN - anything that has happened, in MY country from 1961 to today - I know about.

To Texazzpete - take a deep breath, and thanks for the laugh! "tin foil hats - alien mind probes!!" PLEEEEZZEEEE!!!!! I never said anything had to be "new", and I never gave a monetary value to any gift. You didn't get it - irregular items are "new", they're just not marketed to the general American public! Jeans are missing studs, bras are missing darts, draperies are missing holes, calendars are missing pages, Get it now? And shame on anyone who thinks orphans have no dignity as to where they'll accept shoes with no soles, and hair products with caustic substances, and eyglasses with warped lenses!!!

And that's why we have people in America who really give from the heart - Oprah, Feed the Children, and many more. These people and organizations have realized that a gift really helps the person they're giving to. It's not just some self-serving action.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 6:29am On Feb 13, 2007
@alabiyemmy

I and my opponions about America are for real. America is one of the few Countries where there is vivid hope for the common man, unlike many underdeveloped Countries where due to poor leadership and corruption, the rich get richer at the expense of the working poor.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by LindaM1(f): 6:32am On Feb 13, 2007
Multitask - I don't know where you live, but the rich here are getting richer by the sweat of the poor - every single day! The American middle class is dwindling by the second,
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 6:42am On Feb 13, 2007
@ Linda M

The history channel is very a credible source of information to learn some American history from or go to your local library and do that American moon landing research. You will learn that the event did occur.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 6:51am On Feb 13, 2007
@ Linda M

The rich do get richer here by a long shot but not at the expense of the working common man because America has a well established and enforced labor and employment lawsthat protects the interest of the lower class, unlike some underdeveloped Countries.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 9ja4eva: 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2007
texazzpete:

@9ja4eva
Stop raving and listen to yourself. Do you for one minute believe that Nigeria/Nigerians care about you? or me? If only we can follow Jesus' example and remove the logs in our eyes before removing the specks in other people's eyes.

Nice! so your country gives away things like that found in a dollar store abi? Guess what, many of those people these things go to earn less than a dollar a week! Find out how many of the orphanages in naija get brand new clothes as donations.
Lots and lots of food and essentials come to Africa as foreign aid from the US. Why then will you carefully sift all these for the sore points sticking out just so you could issue a blanket condemnation of the entire relief process? Your aside about the moon landings clearly show you as a purveyor of consipracy theory sites. Beware, such thinking can be addictive. Afterall, there are extremely plausible reasons for the beliefs in alien existence and visitation. Next thing you'll start wearing tin foil hats to ward off alien mind probes.

Carry out this experiment; Donate some of your stuff to foreign aid. Go to your house and pick out things you'd like to give out. Now apply your criteria (every gift must be new, something that you really like and cost at least $5 before it's a gift) and see how much stuff you have to give.

Next, wrap up random everyday food items in your house and keep for 1.5 weeks in a hot cupboard ( to simulate transportaion and logistic delays). Now open them and attempt to eat them. Post your results here!

Answer the same question about America caring about u and dont give dt to me.
Multitask:

@9ja4eva

You speak about god as though you know it, as though you and this god hanged out in the dance club the other night after a drink or two. Even you yourself won't deny that America is a blessed Country filled with riches and prosperity. Why don't you ask this god of yours to bless your beloved Nigeria as America is blessed? If every Country was like America today, I believe this world would be the closest to a heaven there could ever be on this planet. I tell you sincerely, you are a very shallow mind who refuses to consider the totality of the entire circumstances of the many helpful roles America play in our world today. I can understand why you are bitter, it is because you are not in America like I am, enjoying the closest to a heaven there is today. Don't get mad, just go to the US embassy in Lagos and hope they grant your stupid and ignorant ass a visa to come to a heaven like America where you can start learning your ABC and 123 because you are an illiterate fool.

Ode i didnt even read the trash u wrote i jst forgot to add this to the one i posted yesterday.Y nt write a book on American being heaven.That will elevate u from ur poverty level.U are proverty stricken and wasting time with u is nt jst worth it as i got issues to attend to.You are so so ignorant dt i feel scared for u cos i believe sooner or later dt will catch up with u.U sure cnt know beta dn a citizen n get it into ur block head dt i am a born American who doesnt fancy d whole vibe u r making.Well r u sure u nt one of dose bootlickers.

U jst a mad person looking for who to infect n u know wat try d next person nt me.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 9ja4eva: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2007
Omo Eko:

LOL, HOLY SHIT, ANYWAY LET US ALL BE LITTLE FRIENDLY WITH EACH OTHER, NOT EVERYONE ONE HAS AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE US TO COME TO America. SO DON'T BE HARSH, BE EASY ON HER

Halo,help me tell d idiot jare cos he doesnt jst get things up into his block head.No be be force.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2007
@9ja4eva

Why don't you spell out you words properly, I am finding it difficult to process your poor spellings and grammar or maybe you just don't know how to spell and write properly. As far as I'm concern, you are not an American and you are not welcome here.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2007
Multitask:

@9ja4eva

Why don't you spell out you words properly, I am finding it difficult to process your poor spellings and grammar or maybe you just don't know how to spell and write properly. As far as I'm concern, you are not an American and you are not welcome here.
SHE CAN SPELL RIGHT, IT'S JUST THAT WE NIGERIANS ARE USE IN WRITING AND TALKING IN SLANGS THAT Y, AND IT'S BAD TO DEGRADE PEOPLE INTELLIGENCE. angry angry angry
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2007
@ Omo Eko

If you can somehow prove to me that this backwardly vain 9ja4eva is a female, then perhaps I shall relent and go easy on him/her for her unrelenting ignorance about my Country, America.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 12:12am On Feb 14, 2007
what an a$$!
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2007
Multitask:

@ Omo Eko

If you can somehow prove to me that this backwardly vain 9ja4eva is a female, then perhaps I shall relent and go easy on him/her for her unrelenting ignorance about my Country, America.
lol, she is a female, can't u notice that.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 12:16am On Feb 14, 2007
@superman

Weting be your own self cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 12:19am On Feb 14, 2007
im will be happier if u invite me in that bedroom than goin to america!

omo eko if u dnt know now u know
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Stilettos(f): 1:18am On Feb 14, 2007
nah u oo omo eko well done , i will tell your father
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 1:21am On Feb 14, 2007
@Omo Eko

Please, vividly demonstrate to me that 9ja4eva is really a female.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 1star4ever(m): 1:26am On Feb 14, 2007
cool
stay on topic kids. This is no playground.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 1:33am On Feb 14, 2007
@superfool

Don't let my reality check pend on you like a bill upon an insolvent. As an American, I kick asses and take names, thats what I do.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Stilettos(f): 1:33am On Feb 14, 2007
huh
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 1star4ever(m): 1:36am On Feb 14, 2007
cool
The Nigerian diploma here is treated as a piece of paper with no value or respect. The white mans' diploma is treated as some thing of value in N. Shouldn't the N. government require foreigners including the ones working at the U.S. embassy to have N. university degree? The N. government are disrepecting its people and the N. department of education. I will vote for any N. presidential candidate who will implement this change asap. May be that way, one can't go from being a college graduate in N. to being a janitor or cab driver in the U.S.

If you are weak, they will walk over you. If you are smart, you will make it. Regardless of what any one does, I look the other way and keep it moving.
If you disagree, go figure.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 9ja4eva: 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2007
Omo Eko:

SHE CAN SPELL RIGHT, IT'S JUST THAT WE NIGERIANS ARE USE IN WRITING AND TALKING IN SLANGS THAT Y, AND IT'S BAD TO DEGRADE PEOPLE INTELLIGENCE. angry angry angry

Tell the ode for me oh.He cld as well go back to school.
Multitask:

@9ja4eva

Dont u tink u shld be carrying dicos about to help in this advanced world.U r crazy about America yet u dnt know how dey speak/write.Your IQ seems too low for this issue abeg.Move on to something better to help urself.Dont worry God will help u.Pauper
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 10:36pm On Feb 14, 2007
@9ja4eva

You are beginning to sound pitiful, anyway I didn't know you were a female, different mentality. Let me inform you, Americans use proper English when speaking and writing. I don't know where you learned to write like that, but I must tell you, your writings are full of poor communication skills.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 12:12am On Feb 15, 2007
America is not like heaven but it's very comfortable, i will not say it's much better than my country but i's okay. the only fun thing is clubbing, mall, party, which i think is whack
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by TheOne2(m): 12:32am On Feb 15, 2007
@Multitask

I have a few questions for you and I hope you will answer them truthfully:

1) When did you leave Nigeria?
2) What were you doing before you left Nigeria?
3) Did you attend university in Nigeria? If so, which one? Which course? What grade did you make?
4) Are you a legal American citizen now?
5) What exactly do you do in America now?

Observation:

A lot of Nigerians in diaspora left Nigeria before say 2002-3 and think the country is still in the same state as it was when they left. In terms of infrastructure, maybe, but in terms of empowering people with jobs and businesses it's a different situation now. There are A LOT of Nigerians (young men and women) who are better off financially than a lot of you folks in the US and other countries. To these people, the lure of relocating might not be tempting (you'll rather stay with a good known than an unknown).
I find it personally insultive when people write as if Nigerians are all eating from the garbage dumps. It is not true and the earlier you realise that the better.

N.B

Please note that I have not alluded to issues like roads, electricity, security etc. This is because I PERSONALLY believe that it is better to attain financial independence early in life than live in the comfort that some other climes can offer. Better believe it, FOLKS ARE GETTING THERE FASTER THAN YOU THINK IN NIGERIA.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 2:45am On Feb 15, 2007
@ Omo Eko

Wake up girl, this is it, enjoy. America is the closest to a heaven there is today.

@ The One

I would have freely answered your questions but we live in a world today where it is healthy to be skeptical. I choose to retain my confidentiality. But I'll tell you this much, I am a naturalized US citizen and I'm glad to be one.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 3:02am On Feb 15, 2007
Multitask:

@ Omo Eko

Wake up girl, this is it, enjoy. America is the closest to a heaven there is today.

@ The One

I would have freely answered your questions but we live in a world today where it is healthy to be skeptical. I choose to retain my confidentiality. But I'll tell you this much, I am a naturalized US citizen and I'm glad to be one.

U ARE A FAKE NIGERIAN, DO U THINK THE AMERICAN GIVE A F**K IF U ARE A CITIZEN, U ARE TILL AN AFRICAN SO GET THAT SHIT IN YOUR HEAD. I DISLIKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT THINK AMERICA IS BETTER THAN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, BE FREAKING PROUD OF WHO AND WHERE U COME FROM. SHIT AM AN CITIZEN TO AND WHAT, I DON'T GO AROUND TELLING EVERYONE.I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE LIKE U, I LOVE NIGERIA TO DEATH, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S THE DIRTIES, POOREST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, I WILL STILL RIPE IT.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 4:25am On Feb 15, 2007
@Omo Eko

Why don't you relocate to your beloved Nigeria, (child of Lagos city) and stay there? you can't have it both ways.I have seen better, and I'm going for the best this life has to offer. I'll take your outburst as a compliment.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 4:31am On Feb 15, 2007
Multitask:

@Omo Eko

Why don't you relocate to your beloved Nigeria, (child of Lagos city) and stay there? you can't have it both ways.I have seen better, and I'm going for the best this life has to offer. I'll take your outburst as a compliment.
DON'T WORRY AM GOING BACK THIS SUMMER, U SEE THE AA THAT U THINK GOT YOUR BACK WILL BE THE ONES TO KILL YOUR DUMB ASS. AMERICAN WANNA BE, NIGERIA DON'T PEOPLE LIKE U ANYWAY, FAKE ASS PEOPLE THAT ARE ASHMAE OF THEIR COUNTRY.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 5:13am On Feb 15, 2007
@Omo Eko

And when you get there, stay there permanently and try and make Nigeria half as developed and advanced as America.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 5:21am On Feb 15, 2007
FAKE ASS WANNA BE AMERICAN BOY U SOUND SO DUMB, U THINK THE AMERICAN"S DOESN'T KNOW YOUR ASS IS AFRICAN EVEN FROM YOUR NAME THEY WILL TELL.  NOTTHING MAKES YOUR DUMBASS ASS SPECIAL. I DON'T EVEN KNOW Y AM WASTING MY ENERGY ON YOUR WANNA AMERICA GUY. U ARE SO INDENIAL OF WHO U ARE, U SHOULD BE ASHAME.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20)

International Flights To Resume On September 5 / HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs / Another 425 Nigerians Arrive From Saudi-arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.