Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

What Do You Think Of America? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Think Of America? (22351 Views)

Common Misconception Of America By Nigerians / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Free(f): 4:34am On Feb 05, 2007
yawns

next!!
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by londoner: 9:28am On Feb 05, 2007
Why, because I'm not on my knees praising America, lol?, please, we are all adults here, the question was directed generally and I have the right to respond especially since I've spent a considerable amount of time in America, and  not as a tourist.

, Oh I see this is your "signature" response, like trying to get people's backs up I see, lol, ok girl do you, lol
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 9ja4eva: 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2007
9ja4eva:

Hope you don't get deported soon for lack of not knowing how to read.

U are jst too useless and dead.I imagine u being a cleaner in a place like ************. U jst too ill for dis thread.SYCOPHANT.If u want i cld give u my tickets to fly with before u die so u will get to see what America looks like.

Silly DUDE
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 12:23am On Feb 09, 2007
@9ja4eva

Give it up, you can't win, you idle nonentity. I've dealt with your kind before. In your ignorance, you think you are intelligent but after reviewing your previous entries, I can see that they contain many grammatical errors and opinions about America that are detached from reality. I hereby encourage you to go back to primary 4 were you dropped out of primary school and learn proper spellings among other things because you seem to have the IQ of a cockroach. smiley
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 9ja4eva: 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2007
Multitask:

@9ja4eva

Give it up, you can't win, you idle nonentity. I've dealt with your kind before. In your ignorance, you think you are intelligent but after reviewing your previous entries, I can see that they contain many grammatical errors and opinions about America that are detached from reality. I hereby encourage you to go back to primary 4 were you dropped out of primary school and learn proper spellings among other things because you seem to have the IQ of a cockroach. smiley

When a foolish man talks people dnt get suprised cos stupidity is written round him.Well dnt be sad dt as a monkey u do nt have d chance to travel to a place u worship.Well no need talking to a never do well like u cos i have better issues to attend to.Y nt turn America to ur god?People like u when given the slightest chance will go to d America n start carrying drugs.U will rot in hell.U silly dude.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by katherinae(f): 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2007
it rocks grin
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2007
hahaa
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 11:13pm On Feb 09, 2007
@9ja4eva

You see? I thought you were an ignorant son of a bitch, reaching conclusions without knowing the facts about me and yes, my benefactor, America. The next time you decide to post the content of your illiterate mind on this thread, just pause and recognize that the computer and Internet are an American invention, you bombastic woe.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by alabiyemmy(m): 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2007
haha - Olopa - ewo de ni ti epe?

Haba policeman - why u dey course now?
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Stilettos(f): 11:16pm On Feb 09, 2007
see ppl want to die of heart failure becos of America lol grin grin Nigerians
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by katherinae(f): 3:58am On Feb 10, 2007
EVERY BODY ON THIS THREAD LISTEN CLEARLY, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U TAKE A TECHNOLOGY SUCH AS INTERNET AND COMPUTER AND HAD IT TO OLODOS, AKA ILLITERATES. THEY ARGUE OVER THE MOST USELSS NONSENSE, Y OH Y MUST WE NIGERIANS ARGUE ABOUT EVERYTHING. ITS A SIMPLE THREAD STOP TRYIGN TO RIP EACH OTHERS THROAT OUT. JEEZ ITS GETTING OLD. I MEAN ON ANOTHER POST THERE IS THE EWU JUSTGOOD ( I CALL HIM JUST USELESS) THERE SCREAMING AT US BECAUSE SOME CHICK SAID NIGERIA IS BAD. AND THEN ON THIS THREAD U TWO ARE SHOUTING ON EAACH OTHER BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID AMERICA IS BAD.

I MEAN WTF angry
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:11am On Feb 10, 2007
Nigeria is bad - America is bad - so where is good?
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by LindaM1(f): 9:04am On Feb 10, 2007
wow! sorry to all - i didn't mean any harm or offense. just so you know, being an american citizen affords one the opportunity to criticize ones country/goverment, etc. i won't back down in my observation of my country's pretense of "giving", when it is usually and all and ONLY in its best interest. there is no such thing as a "gift", when you give it in your own interest and without any regard whatsoever to the givee's need. so america throws away what it doesn't want, and as one poster observed: tampons were needed for women's needs, and tennis shoes were needed for those who were traveling,
well guess what? they got lucky, next month could be leaking printer cartridges, or, oops!, sticky notes without the sticky substance, or microwaveable dishes that leak toxins, or irregular jeans that forgot the crotch, , "
please tell me that africans have some standards - that they won't accept just anyone's idea of a "gift", just so they can say they got something from america!
my country gave away many, many items tagged as irregular" clothing (same as what they sell in the dollar store), to may countries as a "gift". i can see if you have never been given anything, and maybe i need a reality check. i simply don't know what it is like to "need" anything. or maybe i was taught not to accept someone else's TRASH as my TREASURE,
lm
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 1:00pm On Feb 10, 2007
and what happen when people are told not to steal why on the side of equation the same dnt practise what they preach. if na lie ask world bank and IMF!

say after me ! we are in democrazy era!
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2007
Here we go again.

People, why do you all refuse to see that which is so obvious, even a blind person can see?

Why do some people simply refuse to learn, to understand, and appreciate the many vital contributions and roles

America has been playing on our small planet and continue to play today?

Do some of you people have a learning deficiency?

Many of the inventions, we can't live without today, were first invented in the America some people are criticizing.

From your TV sets to your video games, the list goes on.

So the next time anyone wants to make bad comments about America, put your money where your mouth is and stop

watching TVs and using the Internet among other things. Because they were first

made in America and you can't have it both ways.

I challenge anyone to tell me if any other Country on the face of this earth can safely put men on the moon and bring

them back safely to planet earth. Even now they are planning to send a manned-mission to planet mars, what other

Country on earth can contemplate this manner of things today? smiley
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by mamaput(f): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2007
All these things are they really usefull?
If we had no TV internet etc we will spend more time with our family and friends.
I remember in Nigeria When Nepa used to take light everyone will go outside neighbors sitting together and chatting.
Sometimes we put off everything and play table games.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by superman(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2007
Multitask

it looks like u talkin from ur a$$ like if there aint american things werent be so nice or whatever!

they americans probably created more wahala than they ones they claimed to be solving
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 9:15pm On Feb 10, 2007
@mamaput

Don't lie, these inventions are very useful indeed, they make life fun and liveable. They are informative, educative, and entertaining among other important roles they serve in our lives today.

@superfool

How long shall you be stupid?
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by LindaM1(f): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2007
Multitask! Do you not know that it was the launching of the Russians' "Sputnik" that spurred the American space program? And the "new math"? Please steep yourself in American history if you want to be credible. Despite my country's desire to be insulated, it has always, and will always, be influenced by other countries in all aspects of its development.

lm
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 9:09am On Feb 11, 2007
@Linda M.

I assure you I knew about that and the space race between The United States and Russia. America won that race hands down. By the way, are you for America or against her? You need to join me and help me defend our Country from some of the ignorant and uninformed minds on this thread. wink
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by LindaM1(f): 9:48am On Feb 11, 2007
Hi - just so you know, there are millions, maybe billions of people, who do not believe American astronauts reached the moon. And their theories are plausible. I'm on the fence. No, I cannot "join" you or anyone in defense of anything. I will always be a maverick when it comes to assessing my country's activities. And I will never blindly just go with whatever is happening because it's in vogue, or expected, or because it's what everyone else does. I will always question the actions of all people, because that is where you discover real truth, and that is where "devotion" dies. Wake up.
lm
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 10:26am On Feb 11, 2007
@Linda M.

If a dog continues to bite the hands that are feeding it, how will those hands be healthy enough to continue to feed sure ungrateful dog? Will such dog not begin to starve? There are video footages of American Astronauts walking, collecting moon rocks/soil, and even playing improvised golf game on the moon. So let those millions upon millions of unenlightened minds be educated. It was a factual historic event where the phrase" One small step for man, One giant leap for mankind" was popularized.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by LindaM1(f): 11:02am On Feb 11, 2007
Sweetie - do you just accept what is told to you, or presented as the truth? I do not. And I never will. And, I'm sorry, but I don't get your dog bites hand analogy. Could you clarify it? Thanks,

lm
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2007
@ Linda M.

Oh, sweet heart, perhasps then, it is you who needs to steep yourself in American history and start watching the history channel on your local cable network. Indeed, it is a factual historic event, ask anyone who knows a little bit about American history and I guarantee you, that person will verify it. And please, don't continue to be like the dog that continues to bite the hands that are feeding it. You being an American and enjoying the good things in America aught to be able to show significant and consistent loyalty to your Country of benefits, America.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by 9ja4eva: 10:05pm On Feb 12, 2007
Multitask:

Here we go again.

People, why do you all refuse to see that which is so obvious, even a blind person can see?

Why do some people simply refuse to learn, to understand, and appreciate the many vital contributions and roles

America has been playing on our small planet and continue to play today?

Do some of you people have a learning deficiency?

Many of the inventions, we can't live without today, were first invented in the America some people are criticizing.

From your TV sets to your video games, the list goes on.

So the next time anyone wants to make bad comments about America, put your money where your mouth is and stop

watching TVs and using the Internet among other things. Because they were first

made in America and you can't have it both ways.

I challenge anyone to tell me if any other Country on the face of this earth can safely put men on the moon and bring

them back safely to planet earth. Even now they are planning to send a manned-mission to planet mars, what other

Country on earth can contemplate this manner of things today? smiley

Son of a bull how come u forgot to add that they provide you with food and that they are your God.If only dey know an idiot is killing himself for dem den dey did let u run for d presidency.Yeye idiot wey dey recognize Country wey no know whether u don die abi u dey AIDS village.People like u can neva be blessed cos u neva appreciate the good of other Countries.Y nt compare America with God.If an idiot like u is being put on that space craft Americans demselves will blow it up cos dey dnt trust beggars like u.America is dis! America is dt! u no go talk of the havoc dem don commit for other countries and even our own Continent Africa.Idiot like u wey dey tink from im Intestine.
superman:

Multitask

it looks like u talkin from your a$$ like if there aint american things werent be so nice or whatever!

they americans probably created more wahala than they ones they claimed to be solving

Thank u jare make u tell dis prodigal son well well.Oloshi
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2007
@9ja4eva

You speak about god as though you know it, as though you and this god hanged out in the dance club the other night after a drink or two. Even you yourself won't deny that America is a blessed Country filled with riches and prosperity. Why don't you ask this god of yours to bless your beloved Nigeria as America is blessed? If every Country was like America today, I believe this world would be the closest to a heaven there could ever be on this planet. I tell you sincerely, you are a very shallow mind who refuses to consider the totality of the entire circumstances of the many helpful roles America play in our world today. I can understand why you are bitter, it is because you are not in America like I am, enjoying the closest to a heaven there is today. Don't get mad, just go to the US embassy in Lagos and hope they grant your stupid and ignorant ass a visa to come to a heaven like America where you can start learning your ABC and 123 because you are an illiterate fool.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by texazzpete(m): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2007
@9ja4eva
Stop raving and listen to yourself. Do you for one minute believe that Nigeria/Nigerians care about you? or me? If only we can follow Jesus' example and remove the logs in our eyes before removing the specks in other people's eyes.

Linda M.:

wow! sorry to all - i didn't mean any harm or offense. just so you know, being an american citizen affords one the opportunity to criticize ones country/goverment, etc. i won't back down in my observation of my country's pretense of "giving", when it is usually and all and ONLY in its best interest. there is no such thing as a "gift", when you give it in your own interest and without any regard whatsoever to the givee's need. so america throws away what it doesn't want, and as one poster observed: tampons were needed for women's needs, and tennis shoes were needed for those who were traveling,
well guess what? they got lucky, next month could be leaking printer cartridges, or, oops!, sticky notes without the sticky substance, or microwaveable dishes that leak toxins, or irregular jeans that forgot the crotch, , "
please tell me that africans have some standards - that they won't accept just anyone's idea of a "gift", just so they can say they got something from america!
my country gave away many, many items tagged as irregular" clothing (same as what they sell in the dollar store), to may countries as a "gift". i can see if you have never been given anything, and maybe i need a reality check. i simply don't know what it is like to "need" anything. or maybe i was taught not to accept someone else's TRASH as my TREASURE,
lm

Nice! so your country gives away things like that found in a dollar store abi? Guess what, many of those people these things go to earn less than a dollar a week! Find out how many of the orphanages in naija get brand new clothes as donations.
Lots and lots of food and essentials come to Africa as foreign aid from the US. Why then will you carefully sift all these for the sore points sticking out just so you could issue a blanket condemnation of the entire relief process? Your aside about the moon landings clearly show you as a purveyor of consipracy theory sites. Beware, such thinking can be addictive. Afterall, there are extremely plausible reasons for the beliefs in alien existence and visitation. Next thing you'll start wearing tin foil hats to ward off alien mind probes.

Carry out this experiment; Donate some of your stuff to foreign aid. Go to your house and pick out things you'd like to give out. Now apply your criteria (every gift must be new, something that you really like and cost at least $5 before it's a gift) and see how much stuff you have to give.

Next, wrap up random everyday food items in your house and keep for 1.5 weeks in a hot cupboard ( to simulate transportaion and logistic delays). Now open them and attempt to eat them. Post your results here!
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by OmoEko1(f): 12:30am On Feb 13, 2007
Multitask:

@9ja4eva

You speak about god as though you know it, as though you and this god hanged out in the dance club the other night after a drink or two. Even you yourself won't deny that America is a blessed Country filled with riches and prosperity. Why don't you ask this god of yours to bless your beloved Nigeria as America is blessed? If every Country was like America today, I believe this world would be the closest to a heaven there could ever be on this planet. I tell you sincerely, you are a very shallow mind who refuses to consider the totality of the entire circumstances of the many helpful roles America play in our world today. I can understand why you are bitter, it is because you are not in America like I am, enjoying the closest to a heaven there is today. Don't get mad, just go to the US embassy in Lagos and hope they grant your stupid and ignorant ass a visa to come to a heaven like America where you can start learning your ABC and 123 because you are an illiterate fool.
LOL, HOLY SHIT, ANYWAY LET US ALL BE LITTLE FRIENDLY WITH EACH OTHER, NOT EVERYONE ONE HAS AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE US TO COME TO America. SO DON'T BE HARSH, BE EASY ON HER
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by texazzpete(m): 12:35am On Feb 13, 2007
@Multitask
referring to your post concerning my 'flip-flopping' opinions, i never said i'd relocate to the US if i won a green card, neither did i advocate it for anyone who doesn't want it. All i'm saying is, it's a whole lot better to at least travel out of Nigeria to see the wide world out there.

And yes, i think America's a great country. it has its flaws, true, but i never understood the suddenly lucrative wave of anti-americanism sweeping the world (and nairaland!)
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by alabiyemmy(m): 12:46am On Feb 13, 2007
Dont count it as something great to live outside Nigeria - it is not proven yet that you become something better when you are outside Nigeria than when you are in Nigeria - if majority can do the kind of work they do outside Nigeria in Nigeria - then going to live outside Nigeria will be a thing of the past. Example, a banker in Nigeria travels out to become a cleaner? A promising engineer leaves Nigeria and becomes a cabbie driver overseas - a university undergraduate abandons school to go to America to become a street cleaner

NO OTHER WORD - APALLING.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by Multitask(m): 1:28am On Feb 13, 2007
@ Omo Eko

I troway salute, But why do you refer to the primitive 9ja4eva as a her?

@ texazzpete

Indeed it is nice to travel, I for one have been entertained and educated by the sights and sounds of the people and places I have traveled to.

@alabiyemmy

Think before you reach a conclusion. The high currency exchange rates can be a major enticement for anyone in a third world Country.
Re: What Do You Think Of America? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:32am On Feb 13, 2007
Of course, i do think before I say anything - and beside I didnt conclude on anything - I said it is not proven. I have seen people send money to their kids, brothers and sisters from Nigeria who live and study overseas - so, the exchange rate is not and should not be an enticing factor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20)

International Flights To Resume On September 5 / HELP: My Package Sent From USA Is Hanging At The Nigerian Customs / Another 425 Nigerians Arrive From Saudi-arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.