Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? (12148 Views)

Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / If you had to marry another tribe/ethnicity apart from your own which wud it be? / After 3 Abortions, He Will Marry Another Lady This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by atilla(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2009
hehe most of my ghanian friends are wowo as well. only one half caste one.

I would love to marry another african. dont see anything wrong unless they are some vodoo worshipper or idol worshipper.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by leyinjuege(f): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2009
, I have some pretty ghanian lady friends who aren't half castes so don't generalize.
I said "majority of them".
atilla:

hehe most of my ghanian friends are wowo as well,

Thank You
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by IFELEKE(m): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2009
atilla:

hehe most of my ghanian friends are wowo as well. only one half caste one.

I would love to marry another african. dont see anything wrong unless they are some vodoo worshipper or idol worshipper.
If you say Ghanian girls are wowo, then how will you qualify south african ladies? tongue grin
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by londoner: 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2009
Growing up, I was fixed on marrying an Igbo man. I dated other West Africans (Cameroun and Ivory coast) and decided I would like to marry a Nigerian guy. Now, I'm open to settling with an African man with a very strong culture. My man now is Ghanaian, he is definately my soul mate, no question at all.

The more you meet people, the more you learn to prioritise on what really makes you happy in a partner. Origin became less and less important for me. Still love Igbo guys, but I will never pass on a man who makes me happy, just because he is not an Igbo (you can't get all you want). I may have an issue if he was not an African though. Then, that would be my loss.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by atilla(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ Ifeleke

men i cant lie to u most of the south africans i see are not bad looking at all oh.

what do u think of em?
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by IFELEKE(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2009
atilla:

@ Ifeleke

men i cant lie to u most of the south africans i see are not bad looking at all oh.

what do u think of em?

Man,
Aside from their heavy duty defences, dem WOWO!
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by atilla(m): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2009
grin ;Dlol

ur right about the heavy defense. but for real they are fine oh much better than Ghana babes, i can assure u of that.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by soi(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2009
Not all West African women. A Ghanaian, Togolese etc. as for Nigerian and Ivorien girls. You need to break bank for them. Though the girl may not be the problem, but the cost of the wedding will be a problem. What you will spend in a Nigerian wedding, you will spend one quarter of that in other west African countries. I have been to some of their weddings.

Aside the wedding costs. Most of these west African girls are contented (Majority ,I mean). Most of them have not seen money. They are not expensive to maintain. They cut their coat according to their size and love promoting their culture.

Their food are disgusting at first sight, but when you summon the courage to taste it, you will forget your mother's egusi soup.

However, Nigerian girls are the best. They have class, you can't trample on them, they tell you their mind. Many of our girls are good. But with this world economic crises, I wouldn't mind a lovely senegalese lady.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by londoner: 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2009
I think South African ladies are very pretty. Its only on this site that I have heard people to think them otherwise. There are a few pretty Ghanaian ladies also, dont really get why people say they tend to be ugly.

I have had Ghanaian men say the same about their own women. One said to me he knows I cannot be Ghanaian but must be a Nigerian, because Ghanaian women are ugly in his opinion. I thought he was quite rude to say that, but then its the same way our own Nigerian men talk us down sometimes also.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by IFELEKE(m): 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2009
atilla:

grin ;Dlol

ur right about the heavy defense. but for real they are fine oh much better than Ghana babes, i can assure u of that.
I stand My Grounds,Ghanian Ladies are generally Finer than their South African Counterparts.
I have seen ladies from both countries and the few ones that are fine in S.A are the cross breeds.
Besides,
Our ladies are like Sisters to the Ghanians.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by devimcy: 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2009
i need a senegales for serious serious relationship
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by londoner: 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2009
Ifeleke, sisters? Huh, lol They hate our guts.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by romeo(m): 5:04pm On Apr 14, 2009
My fiancee is from Guinea Conakry, and my ex girl came from Kenya.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by wham(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
Just the issue that crossed my mind yesterday.

I'm considering finding a Benin republic girl.

Any Bene girl in the house?
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by nene1: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ soi:

What makes you think senegalese women are cheaper? Trust me, senegalese women are not cheap. I know them. There are plenty senegalese in my country & senegal's surrounds Gambia & we have a very similar culture. Don't think you're going to spend less if you are with a senegalese woman, unless she is a village girl. There are many girls I know from other west african countries who are very educated as well. Nigerian ladies aren't more classy. No disrespect to them, b/c one of my closest female friends is a nigerian and i love her. Anyway, my point is senegalese women are probably more expensive than you think. Learn about their culture. Senegales, Gambian, & Malian women LOVE jewelry don't be fooled. You probably attended a poor wedding.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by SeanT21(f): 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2009
Why are some Nigerians so old fashion.All this talk about "I have to marry my own tribe,my own nationality",etc.WHO CARES?? As long as they have everything U are looking 4 in a partner,RUN AND GET THEM!!**U gotta explore and be open minded** wink
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by IFELEKE(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2009
londoner:

Ifeleke, sisters? Huh, lol They hate our guts.
Yeah they may hate your Guts but they know how to make Nigerian Guys feel at home in Ghana without missing the damsels left behind in Naija. . . wink grin
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by londoner: 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ifeleke, You dont see me complaining, my man is Ghanaian, I dont miss Nigerian men either, lol

They can have you guys, lol

wink grin
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by nene1: 12:58am On Apr 15, 2009
i understand why people are tribalist and want to marry within their tribe. there is absolutely nothing wrong with people wanting to marry within their tribe, but if i don't find anyone within my tribe, i would marry another west african. i would never marry an akata, or oyinbo. only someone from my tribe or another west african, b/c i feel like their cultures are somewhat similar to mine. The only major diff. would be the language, but it's definitely possible to teach my kids both languages when i do have kids.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by adetunrayo(f): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2009
definately
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by IFELEKE(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2009
londoner:

@ifeleke, You dont see me complaining, my man is Ghanaian, I dont miss Nigerian men either, lol

They can have you guys, lol

wink grin
lol grin
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by Chenzy(m): 4:37am On Apr 16, 2009
if dem get toto,i fit marry dem die
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by slimfine(f): 1:12am On Apr 17, 2009
if you can marry someone from another West africa countries why not East, South, and North Africa.

Personally, I prefer Igbo man becuase of the same culture. I don't have to learn new language, new food, new tradition and so on,

I love all africans thou but this just my preference!
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
wham (m)

Just the issue that crossed my mind yesterday.

I'm considering finding a Benin republic girl.

Any Bene girl in the

You are right man. Grew up there, but 100percent 9ja. One thing is we lack food(assorted). Bene babes can cook,give it to them. My girlfriend's food makes nonsense of my mom's. I love her die
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by IFELEKE(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
densel:

[My girlfriend's food makes nonsense of my mom's.
@Densel,
Your mama must not hear you say this ooo or else. . . grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by vanderjo(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2009
@poster,
I will marry any woman from any tribe as long as there is love.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by tkb417(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2009
yes o
why not. dont think it will happen tho
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by Theblessed(f): 2:08am On Apr 18, 2009
Why not?

At least you won't have tribal issues either way and as we know it in this country. Besides, most Africans know where they stand with Nigerians and don't mess with our intelligence cos' Nijas are regarded as smart and clever people - before they could 419 us, we don take their whole country home - THEY DON'T MESS WITH US.  So, if you are considering it go for it - better than home people anyway plus the added exposure on the international platform and your children benefits both ways - double blessing for your family.  Good luck!!
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by brutal(m): 8:53am On Apr 18, 2009
Chenzy:

if dem get toto,i fit marry dem die
of course dem get toto :-
nene1:

@ soi:

What makes you think senegalese women are cheaper? Trust me, senegalese women are not cheap. I know them. There are plenty senegalese in my country & senegal's surrounds Gambia & we have a very similar culture. Don't think you're going to spend less if you are with a senegalese woman, unless she is a village girl. There are many girls I know from other west african countries who are very educated as well. Nigerian ladies aren't more classy. No disrespect to them, b/c one of my closest female friends is a nigerian and i love her. Anyway, my point is senegalese women are probably more expensive than you think. Learn about their culture. Senegales, Gambian, & Malian women LOVE jewelry don't be fooled. You probably attended a poor wedding.

right,where r u from?
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by iice(f): 10:23am On Apr 18, 2009
If we are on the same wave length, yes.
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by adtyor(m): 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2009
why not if i can marry someone from europe then why not west africa grin wink cool
Re: Nigerians: Would You Marry Another West African? by agbosteve1: 4:57pm On Apr 29, 2009
Guyz to marry for Ghana, Togo and Benin na cool thing o! them no dey charge toooooo much with plenty of shepe just ride on. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Nood Photoshoot Of A Lady That Has Set The Internet Ablaze (explicit) / Marrying A Nigerian Pastor: What Is it Like? / Please Where In Port Harcourt Can I Locate A Runs Girl Joint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.