Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling (43078 Views)

Saraki's Appeals Against CCT Trial Delayed / Saraki Appeals CCT Ruling, Seeks To Stall Trial Today / PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
manny4life:

Is the Tribunal higher than a Federal Court or yet, the Supreme Court?

I am just confused as to the twist and turn of Nigerian Judiciary...

Why couldn't Saraki obey the Judicial subpoena and go before the Bureau?
Does the Constitution grant the Tribunal all these powers that an order cannot restrain the Bureau?

Indeed these are troubling times, too many questions yet little answers.
Apparently, the CCT and the Federal High Courts have equal jurisdiction. So in the event of conflicting judicial pronouncements, the Court of Appeal will have to wade in.

Having said that, Saraki will have to appear before the Tribunal on Monday because the Appellate court hasn't heard his appeal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by IYANGBALI: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
sweatlana:
This tinubu wahala is becoming too much
if I year tinubu name for your mouth again walahi I go wound you cool

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Toluifetutu: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki is a coward. Let him man up and go face his case

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by IYANGBALI: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
CFCfan:

Apparently, the CCT and the Federal High Courts have equal jurisdiction. So in the event of conflicting judicial pronouncements, the Court of Appeal will have to wade in.

Having said that, Saraki will have to appear before the Tribunal on Monday because the Appellate court hasn't heard his appeal.
I like this one

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by okolochyke: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz If Osinbanjo was that good, we would have heard about him long before now.When you talk of great lawyers, call Rotimi Williams, Clement Akpamgbo,Afe Babalola,etc

Pa Chukwudi

Those Lawyers you mentioned are from your own era, the 40s, 50s and 60s

There are new generation of Lawyers. I know you are an old man but please try and update yourself sir

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by adaweezy(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

What if it is sitting as we speak!!!

Judgement through the backdoor and the NJC is not sleeping due to recent criticism of its protection and failure to deal with corrupt judges

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by okolochyke: 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
tomakint:
For Saraki mind now, he is throwing up some jabs grin grin Like my friend Chukwudi44 will say, 'Saraki will not bow without a fight' but this is like pouring more petrol into a blazing fire.....by the time the collabo of Buhari and Tinubu are done with the clannish, arrogant Saraki, he will look like this......grin grin

Tomakint what did Saraki do to you? grin grin grin

Why the hatred for the man
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by engrshakespeare: 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Still searching for the comment of that robot called OZOAKPE who specializes in talking trash and wanting to be quoted

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Omeny: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Do anybody want to tell me that our judiciary are not being used on this man?

Though I never like Senator Saraki,why all these trials now? Are all our former govs not guilty of what we accuse Saraki off? Who's saint amongst them all?
Nobody is fooling us why then can't we tell ourselves the truth and stop fooling around?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Moneyab(m): 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz If Osinbanjo was that good, we would have heard about him long before now.When you talk of great lawyers, call Rotimi Williams, Clement Akpamgbo,Afe Babalola,etc
. With due respect to u sir, who are the "we'? I am sure u dont operate in legal circles but sit behind ur keyboard & appraise which lawyer is better than the other? For your info a lawyer who as an academic made it to Professorship & prestigious rank of SAN both @ the same time is definitely top notch in the game.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by adaweezy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
sweetgala:
One of the most important problems we have in Nigeria are the many flaws in the judicial process and the sections of the constitution that are relevant. Such things as immunity and the ability to stay legal proceedings on a criminal investigation is a most corrupt and dishonest thing.

The day a US senator or UK MP tries to do even a quarter of these absolutely improper things is the day his family name would be rubbished on all news media and he/she disgraced out of office.

Only last week all the UK MP who had "managed" to by error or ignorance owe the parliament accounts a combined total of 2500 pounds between them all were publicly named, shamed and made to apologize on Sky news; I kept thinking all this people do was not fill reimbursement declaration forms correctly,a certain MP who owed the tax payer all of 27 pounds was made to give an interview while our Nigerian local counselor steals the treasury dry without concern
the flaws are not much
lawyers simply interpret what their client wants and people create unnecessary problems

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by IYANGBALI: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
donsteady:
I trust my Nigerian police, they will fetch the baga out in no time. This guy just bleeped him self up
a police friend of mine just tolded me now that they have tooked saraki into their custody and he that refused to took the beans they served him
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by omogidi234(m): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
adaweezy:

you a law student/graduate/lawyer you cant expect me to cite my authority when you didn't'
tongue

When you bring appeal against a ruling or judgement of a lower court to an upper court, the appeal in itself cannot operate as Stay to the said ruling or judgement. The proper thing is for the appellant to bring an application for Stay of execution for the ruling or judgement being appealed. Of course it one thing to file it is another thing for the Court above to grant. The Court above must look at the Merits of the application vis a vis the guidelines for granting a Stay. These are the things I expected a legal mind to postulate rather than coming to say the CA would not grant the Stay application. That was why I asked to cite your Authority in support of your position.
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2015
Moneyab:
. With due respect to u sir, who are the "we'? I am sure u dont operate in legal circles but sit behind ur keyboard & appraise which lawyer is better than the other? For your info a lawyer who as an academic made it to Professorship & prestigious rank of SAN both @ the same time is definitely top notch in the game.

I did not say Osinbanjo is not a good lawyer!! He is simply not amongst Nigeria's best lawyers!!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by charlycharles(m): 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
Bubu's govt d worst tin dat ever happend to nigeria. no single word of dis govt can be taken seriously. dis is d same govt dat will nt look to d far past, but will only probe gej admin now a case of 2003 is bn probed by cct powered by apc and bubu. God will surely save nigeria from dis mess. govt without focus how did we descend dis low to be governed by a stark illiterate and old fool.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by mosco501: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
There is God ooooo
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by sweetgala(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
adaweezy:

the flaws are not much
lawyers simply interpret what their client wants and people create unnecessary problems

The constitution of Nigeria is flawed in many sections due to the purpose the military heads in 1999 and subsequent corrupt governments after it have designed. It is such flaws lawyers use to abuse the laws and political parties also use it as a tool when they see fit.
One of the very flaws is the FEDERAL CHARACTER aka AFFIRMATIVE ACTION

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by tomakint: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
okolochyke:

Tomakint what did Saraki do to you? grin grin grin

Why the hatred for the man
grin grin See this one grin wetin you know about politics? Abeg stick with your call - picture posting grin grin
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by IYANGBALI: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Omeny:
Do anybody want to tell me that our judiciary are not being used on this man?

Though I never like Senator Saraki,why all these trials now? Are all our former govs not guilty of what we accuse Saraki off? Who's saint amongst them all?
Nobody is fooling us why then can't we tell ourselves the truth and stop fooling around?
you are right man,but we've got to start from somewhere and with someone grin

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Carmal90(m): 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
They dey do their own now, you people dey hail them abiii, waiting for saraki pound of flesh on the minister...this govt go sweet tire

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by lastpage: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
Bevista:
The looser has only filed an appeal which might not be heard till Monday. The IG should just obey the subsisting court order and get this criminal arrested already. He must spend the weekend behind bars.

This is one of the major problems with these nefarious lot... using stolen funds to hire expensive SANs to abuse court processes.

Just remember, even judges are now responding to the now famous Body Language. The New Nigeria has no place for you and your ilk.

It is EXACTLY for this reason that l subscribe to the notion of SPECIAL COURT FOR LOOTERS!
.... where there will be nothing like long delays, expensive adjournments, nefarious Stay of orders and cunning abuse of the court process to FRUSTRATE JUSTICE

Bit by bit, we are getting there!

Lastpage!

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by adaweezy(m): 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

When you bring appeal against a ruling or judgement of a lower court to an upper court, the appeal in itself cannot operate as Stay to the said ruling or judgement. The proper thing is for the appellant to bring an application for Stay of execution for the ruling or judgement being appealed. Of course it one thing to file it is another thing for the Court above to grant. The Court above must look at the Merits of the application vis a vis the guidelines for granting a Stay. These are the things I expected a legal mind to postulate rather than coming to say the CA would not grant the Stay application. That was why I asked to cite your Authority in support of your position.
i hate typing for too long and i prefer speaking to typing my words/opinion
You still haven't said any judicial authority and obviously i didnt ask for a stay of execution definition or metamorphosis . Saraki would be arrested before Monday and even if not arrested the CCT would definitely sit before the Appeal court and number 2 most of Sarakis premises are faulty and not tenable for example looking at the premise that the AGF is needed before a suit can be filed or charges brought is bewildering as the Supreme Court killed this controversy to rest more than a decade ago in AG Federation v ANPP (2003) 18 NWLR (Pt. 851) 182, by holding that the office of the Attorney General is a body corporate with perpetual succession, and continues to function, irrespective of whether there is a sitting AG or not.
The federal High court can also not have a binding precedent on the code of conduct tribunal and his frivolous motions are mostly ballons being fired as cannonballs and only a very biased Appeal court will listen to his appeal or order a stay of execution based on a dispute he created with the aid of his lawyers

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by IYANGBALI: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

I did not say Osinbanjo is not a good lawyer!! He is simply not amongst Nigeria's best lawyers!!
come here make I slap you

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
Toluifetutu:
Saraki is a coward. Let him man up and go face his case

Your master tinubu is worse than a coward. A bully is a coward

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by adaweezy(m): 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
sweetgala:

The constitution of Nigeria is flawed in many sections due to the purpose the military heads in 1999 and subsequent corrupt governments after it have designed. It is such flaws lawyers use to abuse the laws and political parties also use it as a tool when they see fit.
federal character is not a flaw
if it where Jonathan will never have been president or Vice-president
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Caseless: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

Nna Bros ''dị mkpa ka anyị na-ahụ'' I need to meet you one on one, I would want you to hire me in case you need legal services. I perceived that you have been BOUNTIFULLY mobilized for this job. Every thread I was today, you have attacked me personally over the Saraki issue and not only me, every other person that held a different view from yours.
chukwudi is a paid hack.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by omogidi234(m): 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
adaweezy:

i hate typing for too long and i prefer speaking to typing my words/opinion
You still haven't said any judicial authority and obviously i didnt ask for a stay of execution definition or metamorphosis . Saraki would be arrested before Monday and even if not arrested the CCT would definitely sit before the Appeal court and number 2 most of Sarakis premises are faulty and not tenable for example looking at the premise that the AGF is needed before a suit can be filed or charges brought is bewildering as the Supreme Court killed this controversy to rest more than a decade ago in AG Federation v ANPP (2003) 18 NWLR (Pt. 851) 182, by holding that the office of the Attorney General is a body corporate with perpetual succession, and continues to function, irrespective of whether there is a sitting AG or not.
The federal High court can also not have a binding precedent on the code of conduct tribunal and his frivolous motions are mostly ballons being fired as cannonballs and only a very biased Appeal court will listen to his appeal or order a stay of execution based on a dispute he created with the aid of his lawyers

Good. I like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by lastpage: 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
sweetgala:

The military, especially under Gen. Babangida (who mid-wifed this constitution that was amended under Gen Abubarkar) was very corrupt!
Banbangida thus "DESIGNED" that constitution with "gaps and escape routes" such that someone like him can never be convicted in a law court as their are Lawyers who are also aware of these "escape clauses" in the constitution.

Our Lawmakers have also refused to make necessary amendments to plug these "loopholes" because they know that they are all thieves and such amendments will affect them in no distant future!

So, Nigerians are being held captive under a "faulty constitution"

Funnily, the CONFAB was supposed to address these problem but for six years, even Jonathan REFUSED to implement the meagre changes suggested at the CONFAB.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Lanretoye(m): 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
dammytosh:

Ok, no need to argue with you.

He is a Professor of Law

He is a Senior Advocate Of Nigeria.

and you anonymous Nairalander feels he is not exceptional in advocacy. I laff in Swahili.

let him knw there is a difference between a commercial lawyer and an activist.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Sant1m: 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
sonnie10:
See levels. Next move should be to start an impeachment proceedings against Buhari on monday way before hearing at the appeal court.
even in your dream you know the senate cannot impeach PMB, Saraki should go to court and plead guilty, the Judge may find room to be lenient. This pillar to post athletic practice he is engaging in will not help him to scale Aso Rock fence to see PMB.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by enitey(f): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
See 'wetin free data dae cause
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by zenith4biz(m): 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
IYANGBALI:
a police friend of mine just tolded me now that they have tooked saraki into their custody and he that refused to took the beans they served him

SEE ENGLISH OW

TOLDED

TOOKED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says / Eniola Badmus Refers To Tinubu As 'Incoming', Gets Slammed (Photo) / Osinbajo, Obasanjo At Biafra 50 Years After Event In Abuja (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.