Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling (43112 Views)

Saraki's Appeals Against CCT Trial Delayed / Saraki Appeals CCT Ruling, Seeks To Stall Trial Today / PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by dammytosh: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz If Osinbanjo was that good, we would have heard about him long before now.When you talk of great lawyers, call Rotimi Williams, Clement Akpamgbo,Afe Babalola,etc

Then your horizon is short.

He was the Commisioner of justice that reformed the Lagos state justice system.

and wait a minute ... Professor of Law needs no explanation.

How many of them do we have in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by sonnie10: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
And someone was shouting, "the timing of CCT verdict is perfect." That Sakari won't be able to appeal the case since it is Friday, and by Monday he would be arrested. Believe it or not, that goat were Tinubu dey carry go market, na Saraki sell the mother. Lolest!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by bigerboy200: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
una neva see anything...by d time Femi Falana becomes the Attorney Gen of d Fed,we will see more high profile cases bin nailed....just go after all corrupt people in naija irrespective of their political parties....

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by churchmind: 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
Bevista:
The Twist and Plot going on would make for a good movie.

The looser has only filed an appeal which might not be heard till Monday. The IG should obey the subsisting court order and get this criminal arrested already. He must spend the weekend behind bars.

This is one of the major problems with these criminals... using stolen funds to hire expensive SANs to abuse court processes. Just remember, even judges are now responding to Baba's Body Language.
u reason like a smaller version of tiftinibu n boko hari
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
Obiagelli:
See file and counter file shocked Abeg court never close for weekend cheesy
Don't be suprised if the appeal court grants an exparte order tonight against the CCT ruling
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by ndcide(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mogidi:

The same govt fighting Saraki for corruption intends sending corruption personified Amaechi to Saraki's senate for clearance to be "noise maker".
This illegality won't be allowed to stand, Nigeria is not a banana republic yet.

LOL
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by omogidi234(m): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
Reekadict04:
And Who is this Dump Saraki 's Lawyer?

He should go back to his constitution and read it where it is clearly stated that the CCT and the high court have coordinate jurisdictions. Thus, the high court does not have the power to stop the CCT.

Saraki go and defend yourself. There is no more room for Corrupt people like you in Nigeria

You called the vice president 'A mere Commissioner', betrayed the President, your party and a whole Jagaban & you want to go Scott free? I hope you'd answer that when you go from Senate President to Prison President.

I rest my case grin

You meant dumb. Anyway, in this kind of situations, you cannot say a lawyer is dumb. It is always allowed that you should defend a person until the Court has found him/her guilty. I understand how you feel but like I said earlier in other threads, they are just looking for a way to buy time.

And like other folks have mentioned above, Appeal does not Stop an order of court being executed. It is only when you have an Order for Stay of Execution pending Appeal and in the word of the dbanj, Saraki is on long thing. Before he perfects all these applications, he would have been arrested. Excepts he chooses to stay outside of Nigeria until the Order for Stay of Execution is granted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
dammytosh:

Then your horizon is short.

He was the Commisioner of justice that reformed the Lagos state justice system.

and wait a minute ... Professor of Law needs no explanation.

How many of them do we have in Nigeria.
Been a professor of law is different from been exceptional in advocacy!!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Ijaya123: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Just allow me to bother about that. Thanks for your concern though

As if I care.
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Bevista: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
churchmind:
u reason like a smaller version of tiftinibu n boko hari
I'll take that as a compliment.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by churchmind: 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
Reekadict04:
And Who is this Dump Saraki 's Lawyer?

He should go back to his constitution and read it where it is clearly stated that the CCT and the high court have coordinate jurisdictions. Thus, the high court does not have the power to stop the CCT.

Saraki go and defend yourself. There is no more room for Corrupt people like you in Nigeria

You called the vice president 'A mere Commissioner', betrayed the President, your party and a whole Jagaban & you want to go Scott free? I hope you'd answer that when you go from Senate President to Prison President.

I rest my case grin
u no get say u so shutup
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by adaweezy(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
manny4life:

Is the Tribunal higher than a Federal Court or yet, the Supreme Court?

I am just confused as to the twist and turn of Nigerian Judiciary...

Why couldn't Saraki obey the Judicial subpoena and go before the Bureau?
Does the Constitution grant the Tribunal all these powers that an order cannot restrain the Bureau?

Indeed these are troubling times, too many questions yet little answers.
The FHC and the CCT have the same level on Nigeria's hierarchy of courts
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by manny4life(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Don't be suprised if the appeal court grants an exparte order tonight against the CCT ruling

Order upon order, who has the highest order?

I don't see the emergency in this, don't you think it's a bit too late for the Appeals court to grant any such order? Saraki on Monday should willing appear..

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

You meant dumb. Anyway, in this kind of situations, you cannot say a lawyer is dumb. It is always allowed that you should defend a person until the Court has found him/her guilty. I understand how you feel but like I said earlier in other threads, they are just looking for a way to buy time.

And like other folks have mentioned above, Appeal does not Stop an order of court being executed. It is only when you have an Order for Stay of Execution pending Appeal and in the word of the dbanj, Saraki is on long thing. Before he perfects all these applications, he would have been arrested. Excepts he chooses to stay outside of Nigeria until the Order for Stay of Execution is granted.
Oya go arrest am naa!!! See your mouth like arrest!!.At worst Saraki would simply make himself unavailable until Monday when the appeal court sets aside the CCT ruling

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by princemillla(m): 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
If I hear say court of appeal rule in favour of a criminal?

The judges generation would be grounded.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mogidi:

The same govt fighting Saraki for corruption intends sending corruption personified Amaechi to Saraki's senate for clearance to be "noise maker".
This illegality won't be allowed to stand, Nigeria is not a banana republic yet.
You need to be hung from a tree. You're a traitor to your country. All your posts make it glaringly clear that you intend your cou.try to fail.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Moneyab(m): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
lonelydora:
I will comment later. Drinking beer at the moment.
grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by adaweezy(m): 7:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
omogidi234:

The court of appeal cannot grant a stay of execution yet ......
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by omarky(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
PMB's government............ It will go down d memory lane........ Salivating!!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
manny4life:

Order upon order, who has the highest order?

I don't see the emergency in this, don't you think it's a bit too late for the Appeals court to grant any such order? Saraki on Monday should willing appear..
When the appeal court grants the order, I just hope you don't commit suicide.
FYI implementation of the CCT's does not mean Saraki is no longer the Senate President

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by adaweezy(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Oya go arrest am naa!!! See your mouth like arrest!!.At worst Saraki would simply make himself unavailable until Monday when the appeal court sets aside the CCT ruling
Who told you the Appeal court can set aside the CCT RULINGS??
Saraki's premises are as strong as a 10 Naira Balloon
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by manny4life(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
adaweezy:

The FHC and the CCT have the same level on Nigeria's hierarchy of courts

Thank you... If this is the case, why did Saraki's lawyers file a case before the FHC? Or is it because according to them it's constitutional? Then the next question is, what's the question before the FHC?

Also, if FHC and CCT have the same powers, I know the Court of Appeals can halt the order of the FHC but is that also applicable to CCT?
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
adaweezy:

The court of appeal cannot grant a stay of execution yet ......
Lolz says who? What sort of law did you study

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by enitey(f): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
E good to go school o

You go see fire for fire
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Charly68: 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
If anybody is having little problem in APC it is Tinubu ,even if it ordinary headache it is Tinubu can we please leave this man out of Saraki's personal problem with the code of conduct tribunal..

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by sexaddict08(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

FYI implementation of the CCT's does not mean Saraki is no longer the Senate President

I just hope say Saraki know u

1 Like

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by dammytosh: 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Been a professor of law is different from been exceptional in advocacy!!!

Ok, no need to argue with you.

He is a Professor of Law

He is a Senior Advocate Of Nigeria.

and you anonymous Nairalander feels he is not exceptional in advocacy. I laff in Swahili.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by datribune: 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
When will Saraki hav sense?. d last election is not like previous elections. Our mandate to dis govt is to change d PDP style of obtaining kangaroo injunctions to stall criminal trials. d CCT is a special tribunal whose powers can not be curtailed by a high court. Saraki should go & clear his name like others b4 him did.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
adaweezy:

Who told you the Appeal court can set aside the CCT RULINGS??
Saraki's premises are as strong as a 10 Naira Balloon
Bros I don't want to make unnecessary arguments, a minor Google search would educate you better
Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by poshstore: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
Buhari is the only Sane president Nigeria has had.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by Abeyjide: 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
pls,y is saraki affraid?cos is acting as if is a death sentence.na wa o o oo

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Appeals Code Of Conduct Tribunal Ruling by manny4life(m): 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Commit suicide for what? Are you this uncouth in your response? I asked a genuine question which you have simply replied honestly. Please respect yourself... I am unfamiliar with the murky waters of Nigeria's judicial system and I asked a honest question and you think I'm pitching against Saraki? Geez... Get a grip and realize who your enemies are.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ben Murray-bruce’s Reply To A Rude Follower / What Is A Presidential Yacht? Thecable Takes You Into The World Of The Big Toy / King Of Oghara Kindom Welcomes James Ibori To His Palace After His UK ReturnPICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.