Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (75921 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / List Of The 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In University Of Ibadan / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by toprealman: 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Mathematica is not hard. Neither is engineering. But law is. And medicine. And education.
THOSE COURSES ARE ALL EASY BUT TASKING. NOTHING LIKE AN EASY/DIFFICULT COURSE.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by angiography(m): 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Youpele52:

The fact is my friends that are qualified doctors and pharmacists both agree to which course was more difficult. That's why I want to you to go make friends with doctors and pharmacists and make that lil research... Instead of quoting me on nairaland like your life depends on it.

RIP.
i thought you had a sense to think. Sorrie for guessing wrong. I said...i don't argue on hear-says. Is that too difficult for u to comprehend??...and who told u I'm not into medical field??...for ur info...was in nursing b4 switching to medicine. Next time, take a little time to reason.

Adieu
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by olasmiles: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by kristop4all(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
I know u've seen all d topics in Mathematics, but it's not enof 2 know d topics, it's about solving d problems...they say"who no go, no know"... BTW it all still boils down 2 one's passion...I rest my case
Teempakguy:
I have heard of them. . . I've also heard of hyperbolic and elliptic geometry, Poincaré's conjecture, curl and divergence, Lagrangian mechanics, Bernoulli equations, topology, Rice theorem, elliptic curves, hypercomplex numbers, the golden ratio, fluid mechanics(of which Bernoulli's equations are a part of.) Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, z transforms, finite mathematics, number theory and so on.

I have a big checklist here with all of these topics listed in. Which I do check off after covering them.
So, stop your assumptions there and face your mathematics. if maths is hard, how did you master it? Mtchew. undecided
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Youpele52: 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
angiography:

i thought you had a sense to think. Sorrie for guessing wrong. I said...i don't argue on hear-says. Is that too difficult for u to comprehend??...and who told u I'm not into medical field??...for ur info...was in nursing b4 switching to medicine. Next time, take a little time to reason.

Adieu

You're not a med student. You sound nothing like 'em more like jambite.

RIP.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by kristop4all(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
I rep NAMSN FUTO 2013 graduate
Proffwhyhurry12:
Salutes to the mathematicians in this podium, until you're given mathematics as a course till you realize is something else entirely I rep NAMSN UNIOSUN CHAPTER..... The only course disturbing all department
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Yungmilio2(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lordseyad:
Uno fit do Triple 2 na... grin
LOL MAKA Y NA
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Lordseyad(m): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yungmilio2:

LOL
MAKA Y NA
grin 222 no be all those 121,131,211 o..
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Rixy007(m): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Op I don't think you've heard of geology.... A life sucking course... Your list is crap
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Kingstone32(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Business education is one of the hardest!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Rixy007(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
olasmiles:

please come study Geology and you will know that khaki no be leather.
u offer dat course in ui or oau u regret

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
lanxebony:

Is exam only about cramming. You don't know about nursing wella.
You're going into health u need to know not only cramming cos human physiology pass LA cram LA pour
Oga, no need of argueing, even those studying medicine self, they must cramm, dia is no big deal in Nursing.
Infact, all courses involve cramming... Its part of studying.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
lanxebony:

Is exam only about cramming. You don't know about nursing wella.
You're going into health u need to know not only cramming cos human physiology pass LA cram LA pour
Oga, no need of argueing, even those studying medicine self, they must cramm, dia is no big deal in Nursing.
Infact, all courses involve cramming.... Its part of studying.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Samueloladapo(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yungmilio2:

yeah have taken more than two different courses from both courses as a computer science student
you can ask any Unilorin student abeggi
statistics is always an A course, physics is a tough one
l
you should read the comments well before u post

am sorry. It wasn't you I wanted to quote. and if you noticed it was about the guy who said physics was a Lil difficult. my sincere apologies
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yungmilio2:
i did 221 - not as easy as the rest bro
yea.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by olumite1234(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
Where did you put department of physics?

I've never seeen a first class in this course
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Tolzeal(m): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
zyzxx:
apy birthday bro WULLNP

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by xilo1717(m): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
I just dy observe
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by willian10: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
HaneefahRN:

Sorry, I didn't get ur point. Besides, did u notice the full stop? I mentioned those courses has being harder than medicine from my POV then went on to form another sentence about abstract courses. When I mean abstract courses, I mean the likes of maths, physics,some part of chemistry, etc, they are mostly theoretical, just take it as it is, they are not things u deal with physically and can relate with practical things. So to me courses which involve more of these abtract courses will seem harder.
And what's with Nigerian university as the topic? Sorry I don't grab, mind expantiating ur point?
I understand ur point now, i thought u referred pharmacy, bio chemistry as an abstract course
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by angiography(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
Youpele52:

You're not a med student. You sound nothing like 'em more like jambite.

RIP.
don't u actually know the meaning of 'Adieu'??

Stop stalking me boy. I see u don't have any fact to base ur argument. U're nt near chatting with me.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by nelszx: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Honestly all courses in the university are tough (if you are in the college of medicine and pharmacy all u face is hell either incourses, semester exam, prequalification, professional or mbbs itself) any other can come afterwards
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by angiography(m): 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
Youpele52:

You sound nothing like 'em more like jambite.

RIP.
don't u actually know the meaning of 'Adieu'??

Stop stalking me boy. I see u don't have any fact to base ur argument. U're nt near chatting with me. I really don't want to see ur silly mentions on ma page again. That's shldnt be too much for u to comprehend
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Belloladan(m): 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
What about "Urban and Regional Planning"? Why not mentioned on that list because, mst of d ppl dose nt knw about it
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by nuraindeen(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
Medicine is no doubt very tedious course most especially,surgery aspect of it. Nursing too, is very tedious cos it uses d same pass mark with medicine 50 marks. Other courses use 40 as a pass mark. It's nt easy to deal with human being cos any mistake cost a life.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

Please don't say what u don't know, don't just assume. 'Nursing is no big deal'? Like seriously? U must think nurses sleep or party around all through their schooling and still pass. For ur info, nursing students share many courses with medical students apart from basic nursing courses. Nursing isn't hard to me anyway and neither is medicine, but they are very tasking. Perception matters.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

Please don't say what u don't know, don't just assume. 'Nursing is no big deal'? Like seriously? U must think nurses sleep or party around all through their schooling and still pass. For ur info, nursing students share many courses with medical students apart from core nursing courses. Nursing isn't hard to me anyway and neither is medicine, but they are very tasking. Perception matters.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Youpele52: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
angiography:

I dont know meaning of Adieu'??

Lemme tell you the meaning of RIP.
It means:

Rest in Peace.
That's always been in my messages to you why can't you just RIP angry
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by oviejnr(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
Proudly Geologist, even if Op forgot to include Geology grin grin
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
HaneefahRN:

Please don't say what u don't know, don't just assume. 'Nursing is no big deal'? Like seriously? U must think nurses sleep or party around all through their schooling and still pass. For ur info, nursing students share many courses with medical students apart from core nursing courses. Nursing isn't hard to me anyway and neither is medicine, but they are very tasking. Perception matters.

that's all you wanted to say...
Welldone Miss Nurse.
Most of ur course is all about cramming... Dont dispute that. Cramming is part of studying
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
wetin dey maths?
Shebi Na to learn am? You way you learn am, no be one way you take do am?
What you perceive as difficult is not what I perceive as such. You don't think like I do. I once spent four hours on a very trivial problem. Do you see me complaining that it's hard? It was rather interesting and engaging. I actually enjoy doing maths. Difficult doesn't exist.

I will try my hands on vector and tensors, metric spaces and real analysis. I will then come back to give you feedback on how difficult I think it is.
Nothing is actually difficult. It all borders on one's interest. Those who knw math did so because they hv interest in it. If one is interested in a subject I don't see reason y one can't master it. Human mind can achieve much in terms of knwledge. Only wht is needed is interest n concentration.
Coming to math. Solving mathematical problem is nt whr math ends, u must hv the ability to formulate a problem to be solved. Infact math is gaining acceptance in many disciplines; nanotech, robotics, finance, biomedical etc. Most Nigeria engineers n mathematicians can only solve equations even thou they dnt hw to apply them to solve problems. Tht is y even our professors don't hv any world class algorithm of their own.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
willian10:

I understand ur point now, i thought u referred pharmacy, bio chemistry as an abstract course
Lolz. I guessed as much, glad to know we've gotten our points right now
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Harrisonwo:

Wetin be complex numbers, those are 100l stuffs. When u advance and start talking bout lagrande, maths modelling, geometry(no be secondary skul geo), abstract maths, complex analysis, vector n tensor analysis and others. You go think two times b4 u say maths dey easy
wht abt discrete math? I studied engineering bt I love tht math . It is not part of my math courses bt I bought a very nice book on it n studied for pleasure; graph theory, automata theory, chinese remainder theory, trees, combinatorics. These topics r foudation of algorithms. If u hv nt studied n mastered them dnt tell me u knw math. Now I'm happy it's relevant to wht I want to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What I Would Do To Babcock Female Student, If She Were My Daughter! / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 / LIST OF TOP 10 MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR RELEVANCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.