Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (75956 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / List Of The 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In University Of Ibadan / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Youpele52: 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
angiography:

lmao...u guys are funny. Pharmacy and medicine??...abeg park

Nigerian youths with bad language usage. What's abeg park in this matter. No one is quarreling with you nor driving a car.

I have close friends who studied and is studying those two different courses. Even med students can attest to what i just said. Just because it's medicine doesn't make it more difficult than other health related courses.
May be you should make friends with a pharmaceutical student and a med student and make the research yourself.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
kristop4all:
I'm a Mathematician, pls stop blabbing because u can solve a few calculus, have u heard of 'abstract algebra', 'real & functional analysis'? My guy go relax one place
I have heard of them. . . I've also heard of hyperbolic and elliptic geometry, Poincaré's conjecture, curl and divergence, Lagrangian mechanics, Bernoulli equations, topology, Rice theorem, elliptic curves, hypercomplex numbers, the golden ratio, fluid mechanics(of which Bernoulli's equations are a part of.) Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, z transforms, finite mathematics, number theory and so on.

I have a big checklist here with all of these topics listed in. Which I do check off after covering them.
So, stop your assumptions there and face your mathematics. if maths is hard, how did you master it? Mtchew. undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by shaksbenson: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by soladollar(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Lolz.
I teach myself mathematics in my spare time. I'm currently doing some rather advanced topics for my level.

That was how people kept shouting that calculus is hard. I listened and stayed away from it, until one day when I just damned it and read it. Understood differentiation within minutes using a very bad textbook sef.

Even "complex numbers" is quite the opposite.

You are definitely in secondary school, cos if you're not, you wont open your mouth and commonise mathematics, a simple topic in advanced mathematical analysis will leave you cursing.

Ask the bright students in maths then you'll understand.

The OP added statistics, wow, statistics of all courses? I have never seen a cheaper course of study.

By the way, I studied physics (M.Sc Radiation and Health Physics).

4 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
soladollar:

You are definitely in secondary school, cos if you're not, you wont open your mouth and commonise mathematics, a simple topic in advanced mathematical analysis will leave you cursing.

Ask the bright students in maths then you'll understand.

The OP added statistics, wow, statistics of all courses? I have never seen a cheaper course of study.

By the way, I studied physics (M.Sc Radiation and Health Physics).
hypocrite.
Criticizing me for comonising maths and then doing the exact thing to statistics.
Mtcheew. undecided
BTW, I'm not in secondary school.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:

Why using this counterintuitive method of writing? Did your space key develop fault.?

Anyway, I get your point, but you didn't get mine, obviously.
.right.on.the.fault..but.u.realy.cud.use.a.few.pages.of. G.math..what.u.dnt.knw.of.applied.maths.is.that.in.solving.a.single.question.involves.how.much.u.av.invested.in.maths,and.nt.mere.interest.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Yungmilio2(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

yungmilio2, did you borrow Sta 222 or 221 , last semester?
i did 221 - not as easy as the rest bro
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Yungmilio2(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

yungmilio2, did you borrow Sta 222 or 221 , last semester?
i did 221 - not as easy as the rest bro
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Yungmilio2(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

yungmilio2 : the Lecturers in Unilorin made Statistics simple for those that have passion for it ni. Physics too is tough sha.
hmm ... i think so
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
bodee:
really, hehen, shebi na to read, understand and to pour your mind in form of writing.

My dear solving mathematics doesn't have any marking scheme. Cos you know you must come to a final answer, that's what all those arimethmetic teachers want.

But, in that writing and pouring out what you read.... You have to think, dress and artistry make-up /fine tune that which you're about to write.. To make it sexy. That's not the problem.. The problem is by having not less than 5 pages for answer number one.... Haven't you see the beautiful arts of Journalism? Are they not sexy when ever you are reading a column?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by bighead1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
where Geology abi OP n sun nii

You be Geologist
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by lanxebony(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

if you sabi cramm wella, u shldnt have problem passing Their exams

Is exam only about cramming. You don't know about nursing wella.
You're going into health u need to know not only cramming cos human physiology pass LA cram LA pour
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by angiography(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
Youpele52:

Nigerian youths with bad language usage. What's abeg park in this matter. No one is quarreling with you nor driving a car.

I have close friends who studied and is studying those two different courses. Even med students can attest to what i just said. Just because it's medicine doesn't make it more difficult than other health related courses.
May be you should make friends with a pharmaceutical student and a med student and make the research yourself.
lolzz...i thought u have facts to base ur argument on. I don't argue on 'hear-says'. Adieu
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Seculent: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
martineverest:
Is it because of high cut off mark dat make medicine harder?..i guess u havnt been to university..pharmaceutical and biochemical courses are d major problems medical students have while studing medicine.i lived with medical students during my uni days in uniben

That should be a uniben problem.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Kennydoc(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
adeyemi4304:
For sure medicine is difficult buh dentistry is more difficult becos u have to do all medical courses plus dental courses and u have to do ur own praticals un monitored, dentistry require a) smart brain as readind med b) they require superior manual dexterity Dan med student. c) They also require a better assimilation rate cos dey must perform all praticals b4 they grad
pharmacy is also one,

While I agree with you that dentistry is more difficult than medicine, cos I had enough of them around me while we were in school, and I knew their programme, I will state it categorically that they don't do all the courses those in medicine and Surgery do.
Medical courses which aren't part of the dental programme include:
*Paediatrics
*Obstetrics and Gynaecology
*Community Medicine
*Psychiatry
*Also they don't do the complete courses in Radiology, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
No fine boy for engineering.. I think you're right 'bout that
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Youpele52: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
angiography:

lolzz...i thought u have facts to base ur argument on. I don't argue on 'hear-says'. Adieu

The fact is my friends that are qualified doctors and pharmacists both agree to which course was more difficult. That's why I want to you to go make friends with doctors and pharmacists and make that lil research... Instead of quoting me on nairaland like your life depends on it.

RIP.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by SherDdon(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Funny pepz dentistry is the most difficult, u do virtually all medical courses except OnG, , pediatrics , , community health and mental health and youb write part 1-4mbbs in medicine but in dentistry you do all medical courses except those stated plus courses like conservative dentistry that includes restorative, prosthodontics and endodontics, .......periodontics, preventive dentistry that includes community dentistry, orthodontics, paedodontics, there is also oral surgery plus oral medicine and pathology as well as oral diagnosis and radiology not forgetting oral biology and dentsls write BDS part 1-6
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by holard07(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Your list is so incomplete without veterinary medicine. Sikena!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
bodee:
please what's the meaning of POV
Point of view
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
ah, very very good.
I'm doing that this week. Stick around and we'll talk about it during the weekend. smiley
[email] dude, what course do u want to study in uni? Av u written jamb?[/email]
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Adek15(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Tex42:
try civil /mechanical engineering... U go know how far!
are u in Uniport?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Chelcy(f): 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
alfred5:
@Op, the most difficult for you might be the easiest for others.

Come to Unizik-Awka then you'll believe that ordinary Political Science is the most difficult course to study in Africa.

U in unizikpol sci??level??
Anyways @ the topic,psychology is also a hard course.....but we psychologists are to cool to be stressed....we take it one step at a timecheesy
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Tony90(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Guess you have not heard of Optometry....with no sentiments attached is is more difficult than medsurg
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
Chelcy:

U in unizikpol sci??level??
Anyways @ the topic,psychology is also a hard course.....but we psychologists are to cool to be stressed....we take it one step at a timecheesy

2012 Class! Done and dusted.

Tell @Op, how difficult NAPSS is.. Plss
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by psalm121vs1: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
MadCow1:
Law? Difficult?

grin grin grin

Utter rubbish.. I can graduate in Law without even attending class for 4 years. angry

Law School is what's tough.

Mechanical Engineering is the toughest engineering course in Engineering.

Electrical Engineering is the easiest.

Geological Engineering is not just tough but also annoying.

Architecture is a tricky course, not necessarily tough.

Medicine is a tidous course, also not necessarily tough.

what about industrial chemistry
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Chelcy(f): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
alfred5:

2012 Class! Done and dusted.
Tell @Op, how difficult NAPSS is.. Plss

Asin ehn.....anyways to each man,his opinion......
U are lucky u are done,i would be out in a bit
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by naijaboiy: 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
richommie:
Okay then.

Let's see you come out with the first class while you chilling. smiley
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Chelcy:

Asin ehn.....anyways to each man,his opinion......

U are lucky u are done,i would be out in a bit

Check your pm!

I swaer, I'm lucky I'm done. Mates still there and never graduated!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by uchman46(m): 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
criminology nko?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Lordseyad(m): 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yungmilio2:

i did 221 - not as easy as the rest
bro
Uno fit do Triple 2 na... grin
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Spiff20(m): 6:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Op we are not suprised about chemistry in the list and why didn't you add physics. Lemme correct your list.
1. Chemistry
2. Physics
3. Medicine
4. Pharmacy
5. Law
6. Engineering
7. Sociology
8. Maths

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 / LIST OF TOP 10 MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR RELEVANCE / Please I Need Help On How To Write A Good Lesson Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.