Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (75976 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / List Of The 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In University Of Ibadan / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Danfuster(m): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
fernandoc:
You think Mathematics is simple because you understood calculus and complex number using maybe Engineering Mathematics textbook. Why don't you major in it and come back to tell us how simple other advance topics you've not heard about are. Stop saying what you don't know. Mathematics requires a lot of abstract thinking and some of the courses are very tasking you will do well with a good background in secondary Mathematics but it's not simple.

This guy knows nothing about maths. Let me give you homework... Just a few:

1. Vector analysis
2. Fourier series
3. taylor series

Come back and you go get sense
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Ecclesiastes(m): 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mathematics and statistics shouldnt be on the list. Statistic dept in unilorin is noted for producing the highest first class in the school compared to other dept that has never had a first class. Not so tedious as most folks think, Biochemistry ought to be in there. Had a friend in biochemistry then (Unilorin) and believe me, its such a demanding course. Economics should be there too, it consists of statistics and complex maths .
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by andystash(m): 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
I'm not feeling pompous. Maths is not hard. Stop giving these lazy students hope. Was it not humans that did it in the past? Some people actually like this subject. Okay? Stop spreading lies around.

If you cannot do maths, say it. We will understand. Not everyone has the flair. But saying it's difficult and stuff . . . you're not helping things.
i second...Mathematics is the easiest of all..if and only if you have a good foundation nd u very calculative....
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Economics fah
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
ismokeweed:

Please be quiet. All these are secondary school arithmetic.
doesn't make them any easier. You want to tell me you did these "secondary school arithmetic" with ridiculous ease when you were in that same school?

If so, how on earth could you not score 400 in jamb? Mtcheew.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Danfuster:

This guy knows nothing about maths. Let me give you homework... Just a few:

1. Vector analysis
2. Fourier series
3. taylor series

Come back and you go get sense
ah, very very good.
I'm doing that this week. Stick around and we'll talk about it during the weekend. smiley
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by olayinkajnr(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

which School?

Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto... But graduated 2013
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by whyteheart: 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
@Tempakguy, I heard u r a guru in differential calculus. I av a problem, I hope u will give a solution in 2days.

y = x^x^x

Find dy/dx.

Thanks in advance.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by martineverest(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
Is it because of high cut off mark dat make medicine harder?..i guess u havnt been to university..pharmaceutical and biochemical courses are d major problems medical students have while studing medicine.i lived with medical students during my uni days in uniben
Seculent:

Stop spreading ignorance here... You mean chemistry, pharmacy and biochemistry are harder than medicine? I think you just finished secondary school.

If you don't know when you want to study medicine and your performance is below par they will change the your course to pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Dhamielawlah(f): 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

yeah... that is possible if you have passion for calculation, and if you have a sound background in Maths, plus hardwork, your 1st-class is sure... In Unilorin, Sta and Mat always tops when it comes to producing 1st-class almost every year.
What course are you aspiring to study?
Chemistry..
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by sethgray: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
physics nko?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Dhamielawlah(f): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

from my own perspective, maths is not hard. It depends on passion... Maybe you are a Biological science student
Not at all..
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
you guys have problem.
Have I complained to you that I am lacking in abstract thinking?
Why are you trying to force your mentality down my throat? I said maths is not hard to me. Don't you realize that the higher I go, the older I get, and the older I get, the smarter I become, so it all balances up.

I've never had a problem doing mathematics before. Except when I listened to people like you.

Anyway, thanks for the challenge, after my first degree, I will go and major in mathematics. Then I will come back and quote you on my graduation date. Do not deactivate. See you in eight years.
.*did.u*expect*a*standing*ovation?*apparently*some*pple*cud*say*dat*abt*medicine*or*law**no*wahala*. The*real*deal*or*probs*is*dat*by*d*time*u.are.old.enuf.'getting.smart'*to.assimilate,the.institution'senate.wud.probaably.have.passed.d.same*sex*bill.into.*Law!.oga.no.body.is.waiting. Am betting u are counting on retaking ur pry6 common entrance exams of over 2decades ago,or.if.u. havent.already'."balanced".dem.all.up...et.al.prof!!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Dhamielawlah(f): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
CEONdc:
sure,and our scholar,that female saddist lol..she try sha,the other guy,na im i no noe at all rarra
FEMALE SADDIST..lol.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dhamielawlah:
Chemistry..

you wld write mat 111 (which is required) in 100L,mat 113 (elective). The both comprises of the simplest of the topics in Mathemetics.
You cant run away from maths, just develop interest for it.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dhamielawlah:
Chemistry..

you wl write mat 111 (which is required) in 100L,mat 113 (elective). The both comprises of the simplest of the topics in Mathemetics.
You cant run away from maths, just develop interest for it. Even in 200L...
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
olayinkajnr:

Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto... But graduated 2013
good!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by IamAtribalist: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Physics is No.1. cool

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Dhamielawlah(f): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayokunlei:

you wl write mat 111 (which is required) in 100L,mat 113 (elective). The both comprises of the simplest of the topics in Mathemetics.
You cant run away from maths, just develop interest for it. Even in 200L...
I will..thanks.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by mike404(m): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Tolzeal:
Proudly STATISTICIAN ..... FACTS BASED ON DATA.
PROUDLY LOGICIAN... FACTS BASED ON REASONING

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
naijaboiy:

They just chill and get first class? grin

Why am I even wasting my time. You are not there so you can never know. gringrin

Yeah they do. It must be easy considering how easy it is to get into.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by DocAdray(f): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
Veterinary Medicine is the most difficult of them all. Sincerely speaking, it's one hell of a course to study. Two of my course mates ran mad, till date only one of them recoved completely, she spent 9 years in school.
It wasn't funny oh, at a point (500 level) I even became frustrated...
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
written:
.*did.u*expect*a*standing*ovation?*apparently*some*pple*cud*say*dat*abt*medicine*or*law**no*wahala*. The*real*deal*or*probs*is*dat*by*d*time*u.are.old.enuf.'getting.smart'*to.assimilate,the.institution'senate.wud.probaably.have.passed.d.same*sex*bill.into.*Law!.oga.no.body.is.waiting. Am betting u are counting on retaking ur pry6 common entrance exams of over 2decades ago,or.if.u. havent.already'."balanced".dem.all.up...et.al.prof!!

Why using this counterintuitive method of writing? Did your space key develop fault.?

Anyway, I get your point, but you didn't get mine, obviously.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
richommie:

lol oga naijaboiy. . .law is an easy course. especially wen u hav interest in it.
Just know How when to use logic . . .good sense of reasoning. . .ur legal writings and legal terms aswell.
i dont see law as a very hard course. . .and i strongly believe dats y people re rushing it.

@yourmain u re really learning this pidgin lol
grin

#YolO

yeah i actually am learning.. watching these nollywood movies grin
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Tex42(m): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Mathematica is not hard. Neither is engineering. But law is. And medicine. And education.
try civil /mechanical engineering... U go know how far!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Lagusta(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
DocAdray:
Veterinary Medicine is the most difficult of them all. Sincerely speaking, it's one hell of a course to study. Two of my course mates ran mad, till date only one of them recoved completely, she spent 9 years in school.
It wasn't funny oh, at a point (500 level) I even became frustrated...

Two of my mates too ran mad nah.....

You see, any health-related course is not easy at all.....

Be it vet medicine, human medicine, dentistry, etc.....

They are all hard, terribly hard!!!!!
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by bodee(m): 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
CEONdc:
point of view grin grin grin
okay. thanks
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by kristop4all(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
I'm a Mathematician, pls stop blabbing because u can solve a few calculus, have u heard of 'abstract algebra', 'real & functional analysis'? My guy go relax one place
Teempakguy:
Lolz.
I teach myself mathematics in my spare time. I'm currently doing some rather advanced topics for my level.

That was how people kept shouting that calculus is hard. I listened and stayed away from it, until one day when I just damned it and read it. Understood differentiation within minutes using a very bad textbook sef.

Even "complex numbers" is quite the opposite.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by skytreader(m): 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Law is not difficult, biko. Broad, yes, but most def not difficult.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Franchise21(m): 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Eldorado01:
am a proud statistician.....
Seconded
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
From my observation, Medicine and Surgery is the simplest cause one can study both in Nigeria and world over.
If you doubt me, ask Vet Med, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Health Science, and others except Med Students.

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by idris4r83(m): 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
Dhamielawlah:
4 real?easiest courses to study??do u know what you are saying at all
Am very sure of what am saying. Maths doesn't involve any cramming, just hold d steps n thats all likewise statistics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 / LIST OF TOP 10 MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR RELEVANCE / Please I Need Help On How To Write A Good Lesson Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.