Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family (6571 Views)

Buhari Sends Letter Of Condolence To Sule Lamido Over His Daughter' Death (READ) / “Don’t Do Unto Dasuki As You Did To Awolowo, Alamieyeseigha” Fayose To Buhari / Tinubu, Aregbesola, Fayemi & Ambode At Awolowo Family For Condolence (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dele1727: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
is it me or has others noticed that no prominet igbo man has send condolences to the awolowo's on the death of HID, if false please tell me of any, if true, please what does this say about the igbos. please note am not bothered by the atitude, this thread is just for posterity sake.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by ellachuku: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Na Igbos kill am?..
Stay your lane biko

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by sdindan: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hmmmm
Send condolence for what.
We tried cos when her husband took rat poison we congratulated him grin

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by kettykin: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sending a condolence message to African Hitler family that starved more than 3 million people of an African tribe to death.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by aderonila18: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Who cares

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
I am Igbo... And i hv sent my Condolences

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
Are we the person that killed her or fed otapiapia to her husband

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by gaetano: 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
dele1727:
is it me or has others noticed that no prominet igbo man has send condolences to the awolowo's on the death of HID, if false please tell me of any, if true, please what does this say about the igbos. please note am not bothered by the atitude, this thread is just for posterity sake.

Nde Ofe Mmanu abia kwa

undecided

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by OnReflection: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
And what, might I ask, is this?

Ikpeazu Condoles with Awolowo Family over Death of Matriarch

September 20, 2015

The Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, has expressed his condolence to the family of the late Nigerian statesman, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, over the demise of the matriarch of the Awolowo clan, Hannah Idowu Dideolu, who passed on yesterday at the age of 99.

Governor Ikpeazu extends the sincere feelings of the good people of Abia State to the family of Awolowo, the Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun and to the great people of Ogun State for the vacuum that has been created in the social and political life of the people by the death of the famed matriarch.

The Governor noted that, until her death, HID was the “living tree” of the South West political history and stood as the rallying point of all political leaning in the South West, having married a man whom the Yoruba see as their political symbol.

He noted that, until yesterday, HID was the living representation of that symbol and therefore commiserates with the entire people of the South West over the irreparable loss.

Governor Ikpeazu described HID as a woman of courage and resilience who stood doggedly behind her husband throughout his embattled life as a foremost Nigerian politician and community leader and prayed God to grant her soul an eternal rest.

He also prayed God to console her family, relatives, the people of Ogun State and the entire Yoruba race who must surely be touched by the passing on of the legendary matriarch.

I don't understand what motivates so many NLers to repeatedly stir the hornets nest.

We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future ~ George Bernard Shaw

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by kolinz(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
Condolence na food?

You guys don't want to leave Igbos alone, provide their condolence register let's examine it properly.
If she was related to u in any way accept my condolence else deliver it to the people she left behind.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Juxtified(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
Why do Nigerians like creating issues where there's none? Is it now compulsory to send condolences?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dele1727: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
sdindan:
Hmmmm
Send condolence for what.
We tried cos when her husband took rat poison we congratulated him grin
What is the difference between her husband and okonwko the fictonal brave man achebe wrote about,they both tasted detention once and both choose death over disgrace, some might call it cowardly act but a sane person knows that its bravely at its peak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
dele1727:
Almajiri

20 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by irsakant: 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
Igbos are NOT hypocrites like Buhari.

24 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by ibedun: 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Okay, Ikpeazu did BUT wait o!

Why the man head come FLAT like this? No offence just saying....if you disagree look at the picture wella.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dialfa: 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
kondolense gbakwaa oku.

an abomination passed away and you want me to be sorry. May Amadioha deal with you. Aturu.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dialfa: 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2015
ibedun:
Okay, Ikpeazu did BUT wait o!

Why the man head come FLAT like this? No offence just saying....if you disagree look at the picture wella.

That guy needs to be impeached.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by ibedun: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
dialfa:
kondolense gbakwaa oku.

an abomination passed away and you want me to be sorry. May Amadioha deal with you. Aturu.

And yet you cant stay off Yoruba land?

This ignoramus leaves in a single room somewhere close to Orile.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Macelliot(m): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hmmmmm!
Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dialfa: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
ibedun:

And yet you cant stay off Yoruba land?

This ignoramus leaves in a single room somewhere close to Orile.

Taaa! Who is in yorubaland? I am chilling in Lagos.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dele1727: 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
OnReflection:
And what, might I ask, is this?

I don't understand what motivates so many NLers to repeatedly stir the hornets nest.

We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future ~ George Bernard Shaw

..... i saw ikpeazu message but you can see the reaction of my brothers before yours and as much as i agree with shaw, i also beleive that we should understand the past so as not to repeat the errors of the past.i will still explain ikpeazu,s point
Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by ibedun: 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
dialfa:

Taaa! Who is in yorubaland? I am chilling in Lagos.

I knew it. Where else would your parents raise you? Our discussion ends here, I dont do refugees.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dialfa: 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
ibedun:

I knew it. Where else would your parents raise you? Our discussion ends here, I dont do refugees.

Okay, village boy.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by doublewisdom: 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
ellachuku:
Na Igbos kill am?..
Stay your lane biko
I tire o. My Igbo friend is even planning to pee on her grave soon.

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by alexlee50: 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
This poster should be banned and this thread closed immediately. It is a mischievious thread meant to cause mischief.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by dele1727: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
irsakant:
Igbos are NOT hypocrites like Buhari.
and yet the cry to be giving an appointment under an hypocrate,an illiterate, brain dead and Daura President, if this not hypocracy then what is?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by ykblazzers(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Stop being Childish.Former governor of Abia state Thoedor Orji now Senator representing Abia state did.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Flyoruboy(m): 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
I dunno about the rest but for the record, current Igbo governor of Delta, Ifeanyi Okowa, did.

http://tempoonline.com.ng/hid-may-get-state-burial/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hitler - 6 million Israel Jews.
Awolowo - 3 Million IGBO Jews.
Ethnic cleansing.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by PentiumPro(f): 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
I noticed it and was almost making a thread but you beat me to it. grin
Yibbboess are still angry with the Awolowo family and Yorubas for the TKO of food supplies cut. grin grin
Yibboess too like food, deny Ibo man food and see the animal in him. cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Refuse To Send Condolence To Awolowo's Family by PhockPhockMan: 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
dele1727:

Foolish OP, how many prominent yoruba people sent condolence message to me when my mother died?

Fooooool.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Revealed. Oshiomole Is Not From Edo / Break Down Of Rivers Election Results In Each LGA / Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Intention To Run For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.