Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? (2355 Views)

When She's Older Than You / I Slept With My Male Friend During Our Short Break Up, Shld I Tell My Boyfriend? / She Said I Should Come To Her House, But She's Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by cuteblackG(m): 12:20am On Apr 16, 2009
Hello people, i need ur comments and advice on this. I'm a young dude in a relationship that has lasted for about 2yrs now and discovered 4mths ago dat my gf is a yr older than me n i have been dealin with it somehow, lookin for answers. I love her so much and was actually thinkin she cld be my wife next yr. She also jst found out lately about my age cos we both lied to ourselves from the begining(didnt think it was gonna get this far). Now m not too comfortably with the fact that she's older n she now knows cos i found out before her. We have talked about it n i had to admit to her, since then i v bin disturbed n m sure she has been feelin same too.
Plz pple, i nid to know if age is just a number like they say especially in this part of the world or if we should break up cos i dont want to waste her time.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by yomexxy(m): 12:35am On Apr 16, 2009
Well,guy,relax.Thats one of the reasons you shouldn't start any relationship on lies cause you never might tell how far it will go.I'll just tell you to talk things with her,and hey,you know her better than i do,so if she's the type that commands respect alot,then i dnt think it can ever work.but if otherwise,then try to get that off your mind.its true age are numbrs,but only to civilized people.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by md4real(m): 12:39am On Apr 16, 2009
if there are mutual love and understanding between both of you, then, age is not a restriction. it all about respect, although she might be but makes you feel or she believe you  are the man, then just go on, older girl are sometimes the best
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Ebidi: 12:42am On Apr 16, 2009
Hi, let me say i undstnd ur pain. My cas is similar wit urs my girl frnd is two years older than my self but in my case i knew.The fact is if u truly luv this girl then u will see is as inconsequential n u will leave hapi ever after. To b candid wit u our african culture is not in support of that, that is wer d problem come in but anyway luv super sees all tin ok. If she repect u as d man den i rest my cas.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by ikamefa(f): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2009
its called cougar syndrome grin grin grin grin

md4real:

if there are mutual love and understanding between both of you, then, age is not a restriction. it all about respect, although she might be but makes you feel or she believe you  are the man, then just go on, older girl are sometimes the best

gbam! cheesy
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by cuteblackG(m): 12:52am On Apr 16, 2009
thanks guys, u r all makin sense
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by cuteblackG(m): 12:54am On Apr 16, 2009
n she respects me so much but i jst feel that human nature will always come up someday,
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by bigfather(m): 12:59am On Apr 16, 2009
cuteblackG:

n she respects me so much but i jst feel that human nature will always come up someday,

Love doesn't see that . And besides age is just a matter of numbers.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Czarskit(m): 1:09am On Apr 16, 2009
~ Break up with her. ~ The earlier the better. ~
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Lovechoco: 2:06am On Apr 16, 2009
Sorry just pray she is not a yoruba girl and if she is ahh sorry again
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Chenzy(m): 3:56am On Apr 16, 2009
its for u to decide,for me u dont have t o start the relationship weith lie lie 4rm d first,but as it is now if u love her u can go ahead and marry her,that if she feels the same to,but if not pls back off lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by kelvinnile(m): 10:28am On Apr 16, 2009
I was almost 1daring, if i was d 1 that posted this story unknowingly, because my case is just as similar. Just that, i alone lied abt my age to her when i discovered, that she is a year older, our rlshp is now over 2yrs, and i am yet to tel her. . U nid to see d way i do shout on her atimes when she does smthng wrong. inside of me, i keep saying to myself 'this is an older felow u re shouting at, you no get respect?' u knw d african mentality na, we both rock each others world very well.
Should i just continue like dat wit the skeleton in my closet or tel her! I am realy serious with this chick o!
I remenbre when we once had an indoor li2 debate, about age nd rlships, she was of the opioin that it is wrong to date a younger guy, and that she would never do such a thing. . Not knowing dat her's is also younger. What do i do?
@original poster, sory i had to use ur thread as an avenue to also seek remedy to my ailment, just dat, we seem to suffer 4rm similar problem. Greetings!
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Dreammaker(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2009
Sin (lies) wen grown brings forth death (of d relatnshp). I just break up wit mine recently. She actualy knew all d 3yrs we went out witout telin me. I even ad problems wit her coz she refuses 2greet in d mornin. I first found out on facebk & she said it ws a mistake she typed. I ltr den trickd her sister & got d fact. She ws older! I left her becos i realised people wit dis ability 2hide relatnshp endin issues like dis do av oda secrets u'l get 2kw along d way dat can kill ur heart. & sure, she did! She confessd oda times dat she ws osù(ibo outcast), had abortns & so on. All dis afta 3yrs! Imagine we were married. Wel, my heart was brutalised coz i lùvd her bt i'm making it eachday nw by d grace of God. So b sure & pray 2God 2expose bth ur secret & hers 2eachoda@poster. Ltr.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by oluwdashmi(f): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2009
kelvinnile:

I was almost 1daring, if i was d 1 that posted this story unknowingly, because my case is just as similar. Just that, i alone lied abt my age to her when i discovered, that she is a year older, our rlshp is now over 2yrs, and i am yet to tel her. . U nid to see d way i do shout on her atimes when she does smthng wrong. inside of me, i keep saying to myself 'this is an older felow u re shouting at, you no get respect?' u knw d african mentality na, we both rock each others world very well.
Should i just continue like dat wit the skeleton in my closet or tel her! I am realy serious with this chick o!
I remenbre when we once had an indoor li2 debate, about age nd rlships, she was of the opioin that it is wrong to date a younger guy, and that she would never do such a thing. . Not knowing dat her's is also younger. What do i do?
@original poster, sory i had to use ur thread as an avenue to also seek remedy to my ailment, just dat, we seem to suffer 4rm similar problem. Greetings!

No tell her the truth cos no matter how you hide it, she will eventually know about it and that can bring in hatred.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by abbeyty(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2009
have you forgotten the saying "love is blind" i beg don't work yourself up because of one year age gap between you. my own wife is 15 years older than me and i ma loving it
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Fiona0007: 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ poster
your GF is a year older!!!! What's wrong with that?? I really don't understand this why some people see it as a problem.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by yusufade: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2009
I disagree with Lovechoco, if your girlfreind is yoruba it might not work out.

I will use myself as a living example, i am presently married with 2 kids and my wife is 2years older than me.

I got to know of her true age when i visited her home and i was cross-checking some document for her and i saw her birth certificate. Though, she did not know my true age, but today we are living happily ever since and she's from Ibeju-Lekki.

What matters most is if you truly loves her then hang on tight to that rope, from experience they demonstrate high level of maturity in treating issues.

One luv house.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by iice(f): 4:20pm On Apr 29, 2009
One year difference and all is shot to pieces undecided
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by whitesturd(f): 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2009
In Naija,u hardly see wives that are older than their husbands cos it is a general belief that such husbands are being enslaved by their wives.and most parents are against it.though it is not always like that and it doesnt realy matter.it is love that matters.bt na naija we dey o.pple wld always talk.one year is not too much though but my advice i take ur time and do not rush.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by mankevo(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2009
grin grin
Well,if some selected advices didn't work out then,try ''Format'' ur two Brains (Hard Discs) and see u will come out clean on this. Best of luck
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Frankies(m): 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
Yes age is just a number as far as you are every year young and she is every year, two years older.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by bluespice(f): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2009
hop off a bridge

so wat?
she's a yr older n she didnt tell u
well, u also lied to her think about it

dude if u love her as much as u claim to,
u'll let it go n continue with ur relationship
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by IFELEKE(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Poster,
The answer you seek is right there inside of you,
Do you Believe Age Doesn't Count? If so take your Belief a step further by getting married to her But If You Don't then End your Misery.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by sweetpea04(f): 3:40am On May 01, 2009
I'm in the same situation with a man only 2 years older but you would think i'm 20 years older
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by sylve11: 1:18pm On May 01, 2009
that is a sin sad cool
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by jalether(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2009
@ poster you are the only one that an answer that question

weigh both options and take it from there
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by shilling(f): 2:07pm On May 01, 2009
Age, I think is just a number. Love is all that matters. If it's not an issue 4 both of u, then, just move on and live happily eva afta.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by sylve11: 10:51am On May 02, 2009
yes move on and live happily together forever 'yes' when the boy is 25 and the woman is 58 grin cool
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by DOUBLEOH1(m): 11:42am On May 02, 2009
hey, there's really nothing to it if both of you know and accept that it's really not a big deal.

she senior you no be curse upon una futures grin
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by Akpangbon: 11:44am On May 02, 2009
na age u wan chop? foolish man.
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by sylve11: 12:23pm On May 02, 2009
Akpangbon:

na age u wan chop? foolish man.

I DEY grin U cool
Re: I Love My Gf But She's Older, What Shld I Do Now? by diago(m): 12:13am On May 07, 2009
if u love her truly it doesn't matter even if she is older than u

just go a head and continue ur life with ur grf if u r sure of her love

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women's Top 9 Lies / What Are Bw Looking Into A White Man? / How To Get A Rich Man!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.