Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note (57949 Views)

Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / Secret Plot By Buharis Men To Remove CBN Boss Emefiele Bring In Hayatudeen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by jmichlins(m): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2015
i see an increase in bank deposits. if you don't know, there are people who keep billions of raw cash at home because they will draw attention should their bank account increase more than it should

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Blackberrybabes: 10:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Not surprised.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by onyepapa(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Yes for telling Nigerians the truth of what is going on! He will sure be forced to resign

1 Like

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by 989900: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2015
jmichlins:
i see an increase in bank deposits. if you don't know, there are people who keep billions of raw cash at home because they will draw attention should their bank account increase more than it should

You dig? wink

My two concerns though are:

1. Cost of printing.

2. Excess liquidity.

An expert could furnish us with more details/breakdown.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Icecomrade: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2015
Resignation Ke!

The office of CBN governor has been vacant since Sanusi Lamido Sanusi left.

Emefiele should go home quietly!

6 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Tunagee(m): 10:42am On Sep 24, 2015
lagmostkuit:
APC and Buhari is really a curse to Nigeria..

you and your papa dey mad o!
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Pascal181: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2015
This is not a military era where dat old man should just wake up and make a decree o someone shld help remind him. There are better ways 2 tackle corruption rather than this noise making all over d media.

1 Like

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2015
lagmostkuit:
APC and Buhari is really a curse to Nigeria..

Na ur papa be curse for refusing to use condom hence giving birth to a mannerless biatch like u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by JayDaddy: 10:45am On Sep 24, 2015
The CBN gov is a stooge. His days are numbered and he knows. He just wants to leave before his sack.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by jmichlins(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2015
989900:

You dig? wink

My two concerns though are:

1. Cost of printing.

2. Excess liquidity.

An expert could furnish us with more details/breakdown.
you need not to fear about the excess liquidity cause the cash in circulation is really low especially with people svaing money in tanks instead of banks. the cost of printing is nothing compared to the boost it will give the fight against corruption.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by efilefun(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2015
When it was implemented in 1984, those with looted funds in their homes were the biggest losers. This is the best, since they cant transfer dollars or else thru CBN to any other country and the naira notes would be useless once this is changed, then lets see who will accept the paper they pilling up at home
TheFreeOne:

Idontbelieveit

3 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 24, 2015
Tunagee:

Me and my papa dey mad o!

Baba u no know before! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by efilefun(m): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2015
God bless you , alot of people dont understand the advantages of this if finally implemented. Yet they call this man a dullard
jmichlins:

you need not to fear about the excess liquidity cause the cash in circulation is really low especially with people svaing money in tanks instead of banks. the cost of printing is nothing compared to the boost it will give the fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by styless(f): 10:47am On Sep 24, 2015
Okay...
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2015
searching4love:

Na my papa be curse for refusing to use condom hence giving birth to a mannerless agbero like me
Baba no mind ur papa jere grin grin

3 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Truckpusher(m): 10:48am On Sep 24, 2015
Chanchit:
The real issue now is that he's thinking of taking a job with lesser challenge since Buhari don dey corner all the money stocking channels abi.
Jesus!! did you even read the article? undecided

In as much as I have my reservations I still do believe that certain policies can only make a difference if he is dead sure that some folks are actually hoarding our naira notes and lots of them .With this having a 100% guarantee that the ugly situation exists , it is proper to take them unaware,change the color and force them to lodge them in the banks or simply leave them hanging on to worthless naira notes .But if he's not sure that the amount that would be injected into the economy wouldn't make any dent by creating smooth and moderate cash flow or simply too small to make any difference then it is an effort in futility - It is tantamount to chasing a whirlwind.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by jmichlins(m): 10:48am On Sep 24, 2015
efilefun:
God bless you , alot of people dont understand the advantages of this if finally implemented. Yet they call this man a dullard
amen. and happy sallah celebrations
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by buhahaha: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Emiefele can go if he likes.

He contributed to the our falling Naira by recapitalizing Bdc segment.The Economy was stable before he came about recapitalizing bdc's and immediately after that exercise dollar jumped to the detriment of the Naira which made them devalue.

It will be on record that it was in Emiefele's regime that CBN devalued the Naira twice.He has not made any pissitive impact since he came in.

If you want to quote me, first of all, ask those working in Zenith Bank and they will they you how clueless he was when he was the MD.
. Cataway you.. what do you knw in bank sector. I won't be surprise you may be expecting to see roads built by Emiefele before yull consider him working.. Buhari needs to go to school buddy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by mhbabanna: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2015
Icecomrade:
Resignation Ke!

The office of CBN governor has been vacant since Sanusi Lamido Sanusi left.

Emefiele should go home quietly!
He's still negotiating with the next organization that would hire him jst like aunty Ngozi and aruma.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by efilefun(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2015
You see you the dunce here, changing color of the currency doesnt have anything to do with strengthening the naira but force those idiots pilling billions of naira in their homes to release the money or it becomes useless.
ECOTERRORS:
Buhari and Mugabe have something in common, both are economic dunce. The former wants to change the color of its notes to strengthen it currency while the latter printed higher denmomination notes to strengthen his.

How can someone that gave himself F9 in Maths with his forged O Level have an economic term called *Buharinomics*

We are staring at a big poo now

2 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by ruggedboy01: 10:51am On Sep 24, 2015
Vacancy for another northerner grin cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by efilefun(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2015
Thanks man may we live long to witness more of this in good health and riches
jmichlins:

amen. and happy sallah celebrations
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by NashvilleTN: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2015
I thought the CBN was meant to formulate it's own policy based on it's assessment of the economy. Or does he think the chairman of the Fed takes directions from Obama? Silly excuse for incompetence, he should quickly resign!

7 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Olukat(m): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2015
Just add more Arabic signs on the naira note
Theres no need to change colour
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Chanchit: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Jesus!! did you even read the article? undecided

In as much as I have my reservations I still do believe that certain policies can only make a difference if he is dead sure that some folks are actually hoarding our naira notes and lots of them .With this having a 100% guarantee that the ugly situation exists , it is proper to take them unaware,change the color and force them to lodge them in the banks or simply leave them hanging on to worthless naira notes .But if he's not sure that the amount that would be injected into the economy wouldn't make any dent by creating smooth and moderate cash flow or simply too small to make any difference then it is an effort in futility - It is tantamount to chasing a whirlwind.

Of cause I read it all, and I know what I'm typing. The job would be getting hotter, in order not to offend people he has to run away and he must be fast about it.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by chiboy11(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
If u tink politicians stock money in naira den ure a big clown, if he change d color of Naira make him go change Dollars n pounds colour, bunch of mofos all of u, I don't kno if u pple don't kno ow much it takes to change a curency, waste dullard
Sappyman:
This is a welcome development because this is the first step in tackling corruption in this country. As we all know our politicians have stuck billions of naira in soak way and don't put their money in bank to avoid being traced. We should all give it a support.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by broxymall(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Watch collections available Emporio armani, Casio Edifice Chronograph watch, Diesel watch, and other collections, visit link at signature
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Inlandcomputers: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
byteHead:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/24/exclusive-cbn-boss-emefiele-may-resign-over-buharis-order-to-change-colour-of-naira-notes/

[color=#990000]IS CHANGING THE COLOR OF NAIRA WILL DO THE MAGIC, I DON.T THINK SO [/color]
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Visocrate(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
MrScript:
Make I book space first..
how much for this small land hope say the document for the land complete
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by informato: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
I know....an Hausa man waiting to take over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of How Atiku Was Welcomed In Ibadan By PDP Supporters / Dino Melaye At His Mother's Burial: "The Vanity Of Life" / Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala Captured With APC Leaders At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.