Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note (57948 Views)

Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / Secret Plot By Buharis Men To Remove CBN Boss Emefiele Bring In Hayatudeen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by dougivilla(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2015
sukkot:
yes but they will have to change their dollars back to naira and they will be caught. there is no way you can change 2 billion dollars ( the amount diezani stole ) to naira without being caught. you are myopic
What if the need to change it back to naira never comes?
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by MEGA4BILLION(m): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2015
Sappyman:
This is a welcome development because this is the first step in tackling corruption in this country. As we all know our politicians have stuck billions of naira in soak way and don't put their money in bank to avoid being traced. We should all give it a support.
who do you think will be so stupid to stock hundreds of million in naira when we all know that our country changes our currency note like underwears
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by sukkot: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2015
no disrespect to biafrans, i am sure there are one or two righteous biafrans like kwachikwu, but i am not comfortable with a biafran guarding nigerias money. its like telling a fat kid to guard a big cake grin grin
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by viktor01(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2015
The global Elite be enslaving the poor masses since 2000BC.
They have the right to print money and we have the right to work for the printed money. How did we even get here?
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2015
So changing of naira note is a measure to fighting corruption?

Choi, tufiakwa. I'm really withholding myself from saying this country is cursed.

1 Like

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Abbeyme: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2015
Great move!!

All those that have stock-piled cash at home would be forced to being them out.

If the window of exchange is short, then they are forced to exchange through banks. Note that if Window is long, then exchange cam happen through the open market of trading.

Buhari wants to know how much naira is in the circulation and what region holds the largest. Who is sponsoring what organisations. Who has too much money.

This is tedious and Emefiele finds it as hardwork. Remember there's no stealing or contract splitting nor inflation of award this time.

He who laughs last!

1 Like

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by sukkot: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2015
dougivilla:
What if the need to change it back to naira never comes?
really ? how will they eat and pay their bills ? they have to change it at some point. and if they choose not to change it, it means they were prevented from spending stolen money so it is good news all around
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Abbeyme: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2015
gboss4sure:
So changing of naira note is a measure to fighting corruption?

Choi, tufiakwa. I'm really withholding myself from saying this country is cursed.

Yes, corruption can be curtailed. You may read my earlier post...
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by tinsel: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2015
Petersobiora:

I guess ur not up to adolescent age. Hehehhehe
I really don't want to join issues with you because I know you are one the youths I mentioned earlier.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by emzila(m): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2015
IF YOU CAN STAND THE HIT, QUIT. THIS IS A GOOD MEASURE TAKING BY BABA. NO GOING BACK IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION. GOD BLESS NIGERIA. IN THE VOICE OF JJC AND KATE HENSHAW: See Us Now.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by dougivilla(m): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2015
sukkot:
hence why baba has been travelling all over the world building allies. they will be caught in those countries
In any case, Nigerian politicians rarely keep their moneys in naira. They are also known to use it to acquire choices properties. The country is currently on fire economically, this naira recolouration is the least of our issues now.

We need to kill corruption, yes; but let's not kill corruption by killing the economy.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by sukkot: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2015
dougivilla:
In any case, Nigerian politicians rarely keep their moneys in naira. They are also known to use it to acquire choices properties. The country is currently on fire economically, this naira recolouration is the least of our issues now.

We need to kill corruption, yes; but let's not kill corruption by killing the economy.
the only effective way to kill this ingrained corruption is to change the money after sanitizing the system. its like how you want to get rid of rats by starving them to death. any other way will not work. you have to think comprehensively.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by hansad: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Imortal001:
The pressure to work is too much for him and no room for him to loot money!

The real problem of Nigeria and for Buhari himself is Buharimaniacs like you who see Nigeria's problems as caused by corruption alone.

Guess why the CBN boss may find it difficult to cope with working in a government that has half-wits like you mostly as cheerleaders.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by OLADD: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2015
handsomeclouds:
There's nothing wrong in changing the colour

Pathetic! Can you ask yourself if that's a priority for a government that complains of lack of money? Do you know the billions of Naira required for such wastefulness? Why can't you people reason very well before vibrating?
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Emekamex(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2015
sukkot:
yes but they will have to change their dollars back to naira and they will be caught. there is no way you can change 2 billion dollars ( the amount diezani stole ) to naira without being caught. you are myopic
->You are the myopic one here. Dollars is treasured like gold here in Nigeria. People even prefer to trade using it, since it has more value and stability.
->Buhari's policy worked partailly in 1984 because the naira had more value then and was almost equal to the dollar. For Buhari to think that this will work in 2015 shows he doesn't follow current trends which is bad for a leader.
->The only way to fight corruption is to limit access to foreign currencies to looters and politicians.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Imortal001: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2015
tinsel:

Not everybody is happy with Buhari's anti-corruption agenda. The powerful Nigerians are doing everything possible to derail him because all avenues of looting are being closed.
But my pain is reading from most youths in this forum some jobless graduates of many years back who never benefitted penny from the massive looting supporting the rich and the powerful in the name of party politics or ethinicity. Nigeria has a long way to go.
God bless you my brother!

1 Like

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by hotice01: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2015
sukkot:
You are the myopic one here.
who will change $2billion at once or even $500k.All they need to do is front it through companies.
This is 2015,pls stop been gullible and think beyond your nose.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by 400billionman: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2015
King Goodluck Jonathan ran a government of Technocrats.

Never before have Nigerian office holders been so much poached by the International community.

Nigerians by next year May 29 will realize the Giant steps taken by King Goodluck Jonathan in revamping the Nigerian economy.

You do not know the true value of an asset till you lose it.

1 Like

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by dougivilla(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2015
sukkot:
really ? how will they eat and pay their bills ? they have to change it at some point. and if they choose not to change it, it means they were prevented from spending stolen money so it is good news all around
The amount of money needed to eat and pay bills will never attract efccs attention. Ever heard of money laundering as a complex web of financial transactions which end up injecting dirty money into the economy as clean money?
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by sukkot: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2015
Reyginus:
And who do you think will have such amount in a store at home? Secondly if you have such money do you change it all at once? Who regulates the black market?
thats not the point. the point is if you have 2 billion dollars at home and yes there are politicians with warehouses full of billions of dollars ( where do you want them to keep it ? you cant keep that kind of money in europe ), and with this amount of money, once a change is implemented to the naira , you are stuck with your billion dollars. yeah you can attempt to change it 5000 dollars at a time but there is not enough days in a year for you to change 2 billion dollars when you are changing it in small amounts
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by amoduganja: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2015
OBY Ezekwesili was busy carrying BBOG placard while real technocrats were making strides. Now they are receiving international appointments while the ugly OBJ biatch is still waiting for an appointment from Dulla%%dinho. Nigerians will soon know what's up with this Government. smh

3 Likes

Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by sukkot: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2015
dougivilla:
The amount of money needed to eat and pay bills will never attract efccs attention. Ever heard of money laundering as a complex web of financial transactions which end up injecting dirty money into the economy as clean money?
but then that means you have been curbed from spending your stolen billions of dollars. you will die with the money in your warehouse. you can only change tiny amounts at a time.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Iamthoney(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2015
lurther:
Expect more of Islamic and Arabic writings on the new naira notes when the colour is being changed as a disguise.
lol....true talk
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by 400billionman: 11:45am On Sep 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Buhari and Mugabe have something in common, both are economic dunce. The former wants to change the color of its notes to strengthen it currency while the latter printed higher denmomination notes to strengthen his.

How can someone that gave himself F9 in Maths with his forged O Level have an economic term called *Buharinomics*

We are staring at a big poo now

Now that he has told us. If i have N2bn at home, what stops me from going to the bank right now ?

That man nah bingo...

Having a form of anti corruption but lacking sense in its entirety..
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2015
OldJohn:
Even if u changed the colour, a thousand times, people have gotten smarter.

I can give my billions of naira to about 10 to 20 money changers and promise them a percentage of the cash if the successfully deposit it and later withdraw the new notes...

I can equally give my boys or legitimate businesses to front the liquid cash and return new notes.

It's not as easy to accomplish as you've portrayed especially when you are talking about billions of Naira. In any case, not many people would want to take the risk of laundering money under Buhari's watch.
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by sukkot: 11:45am On Sep 24, 2015
hotice01:

You are the myopic one here.
who will change $2billion at once or even $500k.All they need to do is front it through companies.
This is 2015,pls stop been gullible and think beyond your nose.
this is not GEJ era. companies use banks
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Imortal001: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2015
hansad:

The real problem of Nigeria and for Buhari himself is Buharimaniacs like you who see Nigeria's problems as caused by corruption alone.

Guess why the CBN boss may find it difficult to cope with working in a government that has half-wits like you mostly as cheerleaders.
In all the problem we are facing in nigeria, corruption is on top of the list..
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Okies27(m): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2015
byteHead:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/24/exclusive-cbn-boss-emefiele-may-resign-over-buharis-order-to-change-colour-of-naira-notes/

. Only fools are shameful of what is gainful. They will turn this eye-opener into something else just to suit their support for an ailing leadership style. Well,we all pray for a better naija...
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by TheFreeOne: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2015
BizBayo:

and who said we can not go back to history and pick good policies?

So to you changing colour of naira notes is good policy and solution to our dwindling economy ...SMH
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 24, 2015
sukkot:
thats not the point. the point is if you have 2 billion dollars at home and yes there are politicians with warehouses full of billions of dollars ( where do you want them to keep it ? you cant keep that kind of money in europe ), and with this amount of money, once a change is implemented to the naira , you are stuck with your billion dollars. yeah you can attempt to change it 5000 dollars at a time but there is not enough days in a year for you to change 2 billion dollars when you are changing it in small amounts
I don't get you. You mean the point is?
Re: CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2015
i dey laugh o, its jst like scenerio where a historian is telling a medical doctor how to diagnose patients. black sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of How Atiku Was Welcomed In Ibadan By PDP Supporters / Dino Melaye At His Mother's Burial: "The Vanity Of Life" / Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala Captured With APC Leaders At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.