Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,907 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. (25077 Views)

Zambian Wife Destroys Her Husband's Jeep For Having A ''Second Family''.Photos / Irish Woman Devastated After Nigerian Husband Dumped Her Destroys Shop (Video) / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Truckpusher(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2015
bqlekan:

hehe cheesy
i wont debate them either.. just calling their attention to this.. grin
i get your point jare grin
Lol grin

But you wanted me to start a war on my own thread abi? cheesy
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by bqlekan(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol grin

But you wanted me to start a war on my own thread abi? cheesy
no nah... why would i? i just want to watch you put them in their miserable hole cheesy
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2015
She has raised some very valid points though I wonder if she would take on the same position if she had to live for some years in Nigeria. Just wondering.

I am not sure how true the numbers she gives are because she does not back up her arguments with any sources but I believe that the fact that women are most of the time granted custody for their kids is a discrimination against men AND women.

5 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Oahray: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:
She has raised some very valid points though I wonder if she would take on the same position if she had to live for some years in Nigeria. Just wondering.

I am not sure how true the numbers she gives are because she does not back up her arguments with any sources but I believe that the fact that women are most of the time granted custody for their kids is a discrimination against men AND women.
please explain how granting women custody by default is an act of discrimination AGAINST women.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
Oahray:
please explain how that is so, this your belief I highlighted.

Granting MOST women custody of their kids implies that women are better suited for raising kids, which may not necessarily be so. A father may be well-suited too. Consequently, it is gender bias to claim that a father can't raise his kids properly or that he would do a worse job. Stating that women must raise their kids, deprives them of some opportunities. Having to raise your kids on your own is also a burden. She will find it difficult to pursue a time-consuming career when she is responsible for the kids alone most of the time. She will therefore make less money and have less free-time.

6 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Oahray: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Granting MOST women custody of their kids implies that women are better suited for raising kids, which may not necessarily be so. A father may be well-suited too. Consequently, it is gender bias to claim that a father can't raise his kids properly or that he would do a worse job. Stating that women must raise their kids, deprives them of some opportunities. Having to raise your kids on your own is also a burden. She will find it difficult to pursue a time-consuming career when she is responsible for the kids alone most of the time. She will therefore make less money and have less free-time.
you are making alot of assumptions sir. Has any woman indicated that she doesn't want her kids and yet the court forced costudy on her? Give links to examples of such court decisions if you know any.

I ask again, if a woman wants her kids to live with her and her ex-husband wants the kids to live with him, how is it an act of discrimination against the woman to give her what she wants?

You probably forgot that men are mandated to pay for upkeep of their kids in such situations, maybe that's why you wrote the part about not making enough money because she has her kids with her. Or maybe you just are unaware. Not that it matters.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
Oahray:
you are making alot of assumptions sir. Has any woman indicated that she doesn't want her kids and yet the court forced costudy on her? Give links to examples of such court decisions if you know any.

I never said courts force custody on anyone but a woman who says that she doesn't want the custody of her children is considered a bad mother, even in the West, because it is a social norm that a mother has to want it.

I ask again, if a woman wants her kids to live with her and her ex-husband wants the kids to live with him, how is it an act of discrimination against the woman to give her what she wants?

This is the discrimination against man that I was talking about right from the beginning. I never said anything else.

You probably forgot that men are mandated to pay for upkeep of their kids in such situations, maybe that's why you wrote the part about not making enough money because she has her kids with her. Or maybe you just are unaware. Not that it matters.

The money she gets is for her children. Single mothers in the West are known to be the poorest group of people. A woman with a promising career would make much more money by working than by staying at home with the kids.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Oahray: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

I never said courts force custody on anyone but a woman who says that she doesn't want the custody of her children is considered a bad mother, even in the West, because it is a social norm that a mother has to want it.

This is the discrimination against man that I was talking about right from the beginning. I never said anything else.

The money she gets is for her children. Single mothers in the West are known to be the poorest group of people. A woman with a promising career would make much more money by working than by staying at home with the kids.
relax, I was just interested in understanding how granting a woman custody of her kids is the same as discriminating AGAINST her.

Are you implying that one's kids are an unwanted burden? If that is so, maybe the kids should be taken to the orphanage instead of discriminating against both parents by letting their own kids stay with either of them. No?

A woman doesn't even have to stay at home full-time with her kids. There are working single moms in the west, so I don't quite catch your drift sir.
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
Oahray:
relax, I was just interested in understanding how granting a woman custody of her kids is the same as discriminating AGAINST her.

Are you implying that one's kids are an unwanted burden? If that is so, maybe the kids should be taken to the orphanage instead of discriminating against both parents by letting their own kids stay with either of them. No?

A woman doesn't even have to stay at home full-time with her kids. There are working single moms in the west, so I don't quite catch your drift sir.

Let me ask you something now. Why is it that women in most cases are granted custody and more often than not men are comfortable with it?
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Oahray: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Let me ask you something now. Why is it that women in most cases are granted custody and more often than not men are comfortable with it?
Women are presumed to be the primary care givers, and better suited to catering to basic needs of the kids. It isn't necessarily true in all cases, but that's one big reason why.

I'm not sure what you mean by comfortable in this context though. Do you mean those men are totally satisfied with the court decision?

1 Like

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
S grin

You mean safarigirl ?

1 Like

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
Oahray:
Women are presumed to be the primary care givers, and better suited to catering to basic needs of the kids. It isn't necessarily true in all cases, but that's one big reason why.

Are women the better care givers? Are fathers less qualified? If they are, then there is no discrimination in courts giving women custody, right or wrong?

I'm not sure what you mean by comfortable in this context though. Do you mean those men are totally satisfied with the court decision?

Yeah, I think that most men are ok with the fact that after divorce the kids stay with the mother, aren't they?
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Truckpusher(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
Krystalxxx:

You mean safarigirl ?
Not at all. cheesy
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Not at all. cheesy

Hmmmm ok.
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by funlord(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
grin

Meeen! _fuck feminism! Its nothing but a pathetic fraudulent excuse! The only thing that holds anyone back in this day and age is YOURSELF! Whether you are MALE or FEMALE! The dream is free!

2 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by freecocoa(f): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
She did make some good points but she does have to ask why the need for feminism in the first place, and these so called benefits she spoke about is largely based on wanting to compensate women for all the injustice meted to them in the past, plus you can't compare the west to this side of the world, so let's not get over excited.

Btw, how accurate are those statistics? You can't just go reeling out figures with no credible sources or in this case, any source at all..

6 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by 5minsmadness: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mindfulness:

Are women the better care givers? Are fathers less qualified? If they are, then there is no discrimination in courts giving women custody, right or wrong?

Yeah, I think that most men are ok with the fact that after divorce the kids stay with the mother, aren't they?
Wow.
You don't follow divorce cases much do you?

Anyway, am sitting this one out. You guys have fun.

1 Like

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
5minsmadness:

Wow.
You don't follow divorce cases much do you?

Anyway, am sitting this one out. You guys have fun.

No, I don't. But if you know anything I don't, tell me.
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
babygirlfl:

It is ok when it is part and parcel of human relations. Just like many things, it is only a problem when it involves women. Most of these men shouting about quota system don't have a problem with it when it is used for other reasons. It is when it has to do with women. You mentioned Nigerian politics which is very true. It is the only way some people will ever get political position.

What most people don't know or rather refuse to acknowledge is that quota system is almost always as a result of a bad system or belief. I don't support quota system but I do know that before quota system can be abolished, the bad system or belief should first be abolished.

bukatyne:

God will help us

Dem dey follow una talk o.
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:

She did make some good points
Ah, she does?

but she does have to ask why the need for feminism in the first place, and these so called benefits she spoke about is largely based on wanting to compensate women for all the injustice meted to them in the past,
Which she has addressed as reverse sexism. She finds reverse sexism wrong, but you excuse it? Of course, you would. You're a feminist, after all.

plus you can't compare the west to this side of the world, so let's not get over excited.
Of course, you can't. They're from Mars and we're in Venus here.

Btw, how accurate are those statistics? You can't just go reeling out figures with no credible sources or in this case, any source at all..

Well, google is there, isn't it? We all know she doesn't link to any sources to back up her statistics. Now, we don't know if they are true of not, but she thinks they are. The constructive thing for you to do would be to refute this with facts of your own so that your opinion and argument can carry any modicum of weight.

4 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by freecocoa(f): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hannysmilez:
Honestly,dnt knw wats wrong wit so called "FEMINISTS". People sayin 'women are assigned to the kitchen' as if its a bad tin.
Why do we think bcoz a woman z in d office she z beta dan her counterparts in the kitchen? For me,a woman z a woman,weda as president or a housewife.
Ellen Sirleaf being a President dosnt make her any more a woman than a groundnut seller. She may be more popular and more influential and maybe more beautiful bt she is not more woman than others.
We all cant be presidents and managers,pls I see no reason why people feel dt derz smtin degradin bout bein in d kitchen. People hav got 2eat!
It's not that being in the kitchen is degrading in itself, but when you say it's degrading for a man, you make it sound like a woman is supposed to be degraded since she's fit to do something considered degrading for a man.

It's just that simple.

A woman can decide she wants to spend all her life in the kitchen and there's nothing wrong with that, just let it be her decision,not supposed for her because she's a woman.

9 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by freecocoa(f): 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ah, she does?

Which she has addressed as reverse sexism. She finds reverse sexism wrong, but you excuse it?

Of course, you can't. They're from Mars and we're in Venus here.

Well, google is there, isn't it? We all know she doesn't link to any sources to back up her statistics. Now, we don't know if they are true of not, but she thinks they are. The constructive thing for you to do would be to refute this with facts of your own so that your opinion and argument can carry any modicum of weight.
Stop talking to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Eddygourdo(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
lomprico:
I disagree with her, all those privileges women enjoy now is as a result of the biased treatment the faced for centuries. Its like a compensation for what has been pelted on womanhood in d past.
For eg women were not allowed to have jobs before their place was subjected to the kitchen n home keeping so if a job takes women with lesser qualification to men, I think its fair because if they want to use same qualification, d women wont stand a chance.
idiot, the females won't like u cos y reasoned through your anus just to appear likeable, mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:
Stop talking to me.
Stop posting on nairaland. wink kiss

8 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzH9MHKC7s

Another one sucking dïck for a living .
Do what you know best dear. Diįck suckling and leave the movement alone.

If men are so concerned about the problems they face. let them start a movement.
As at now, women and kids are the worst affected.

Edwife you sabi share some kin stories come my side.
I no even know why I watch reach 1Min sef.

All these non entités making noise everywhere.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Truckpusher(m): 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
Chillisauce:

If men are so concerned about the problems they face. let them start a movement.

Edwife you sabi share some kin stories come my side.

Another pained closet feminist crying more than the bereaved grin grin

Gerarahia mehn.... cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Another pained closet feminist crying more than the bereaved grin grin

Gerarahia mehn.... cheesy

Pained?

My dear. No be open topic o.
I no send anybody.

I just mistakenly open video because I see edwife share am.
I no dey for back and forth feminism argument oh.
The movement do me well.
Make una dey hear dey choke hand for yansh dey smell for nose. N'a una sabi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
Chillisauce:

Ed wife you sabi share some kin stories come my side.

Nothing you have said makes sense. Leave ad hominems on one side and argue your opinion logically or shut up.

That small girl in the video has presented her points like a thinking human being. You think you can do the same?

13 Likes

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by lomprico(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
Eddygourdo:
idiot, the females won't like u cos y reasoned through your anus just to appear likeable, mtcheew

Who da fuçk is this piece of sh¡t?
Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

Nothing you have said makes sense. Leave ad hominems on one side and argue your opinion logically or shut up.

That small girl in the video has presented her points like a thinking human being. You think you can do the same?

You prick Don stand attention as you see chillisauce undecided
Can you pls kindly take the back seat.
I no get time for your itching fingers.
I'm just being courteous .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
Chillisauce:

You prick Don stand attention as you see chillisauce undecided
Can you pls kindly take the back seat.
I no get time for your itching fingers.
I'm just being courteous .

Come on, Chilli. My prick doesn't stand attention for walking dead zombies. And that's me being courteous wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. by Truckpusher(m): 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
Chillisauce:

Pained?

My dear. No be open topic o.
I no send anybody.

I just mistakenly open video because I see edwife share am.
I no dey for back and forth feminism argument oh.
The movement do me well.
Make una dey hear dey choke hand for yansh dey smell for nose. N'a una sabi
Ok.

With the highlighted I hereby leave you out of my feminist searchlight on NL.

Honestly, I do not have any problem with feminism but what I'm so sick of is the definition of feminism by some emotionally battered women that see feminism as an ideology and a platform to get back at men which was not the original goal of feminism.

I wouldn't want my daughter to be maltreated by someone simply because they stay together and she is a woman but my daughter should also understand that there is a natural order that should be respected and this is my stand.

Between, how you dey nau? grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

In-laws Sell Widow's Shop, Want To Sell Building Secured For Her Children (pics) / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting, Crying / Woman Sent Husband To Prison After Selling His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.