Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1088724 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:24am On Feb 18, 2017
anniegold1:
Gud evening, pls I nid sm clarifications . I finished April 2016 n our results was approved by Senate November same year, was still 29yrs+ then. Just clocked 30 this year's February, that is 2017.My questions is, am I still eligible to serve, I mean going wt 2017batch A. So bothered abt this. I nid answers ASAP. Tanx
Yes you can. As long as you are not up to 30 as at when your result was approved.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by bullabawz77(m): 6:11am On Feb 18, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
Sure he can, then he comes for the service year.

Alryt... Thanks bows
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by thebadmus(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Darkchocolate:

I won't say how much I went with....I probably can't remember exactly anyways but I would advice you to budget as per the following...

Average guy (not so rich not so poor) - 500 per day = average of 11k to 15k... If you want to eat one meal a day at mammi (2 meals at the camp kitchen).

Ballin' - 1500 per day - eat all your meals at mammi with cold drink to go with it = 30k should be ok. If you want to be chasing girls and taking them to shawarma joints every night or treating 'your boys' to a chilled beer every other night, Just double or triple your budget.

Manager (managing yourself) lol - 100naira per day...spend the whole day in the kitchen (you might not even get to spend it so save it and buy 200 Naira suya in Saturdays with chilled Coke) = less than 5k should be ok

Remember you will get your first allowance in camp... Along with your bicycle/transport allowance

You also need money to make alterations to your uniform if needed, to charge your phone if light isn't constant in your camp, to buy bucket, etc etc.

So make allowances for unexpected expenses.
. Can someone survive with #1,300 in the camp
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Impecca(m): 10:03am On Feb 20, 2017
Darkchocolate:
Congratulations to the incoming NYSC otondos ... You should all be proud of yourselves. I just finished my service year in July and I am here to answer any NYsC related questions you might have (to the best of my ability).

Camp confusions
How much you need
How to conduct or not conduct yourself wink
Activities to take up that might be beneficial in determining where you are posted to
Best CDS groups
Etc etc

Are you also a foreign student? Wondering how you will survive those 3 ghastly weeks? You are in the right place then!!!

Ask and it shall be answered!

Disclaimer: I speak from Lagos Camp experiences...other camps in other states and how they function may be different but any answer I provide should give you a general guide. I encourage you to conduct your own research and get a varied source for whatever information you seek.

P.s. Yokiti, how have you been? I've missed you like a fat kid misses cake grin

***New rule
If you want me to respond to your question, it might be advisable to NOT type in shorthand! cheesy ;DD cool

And guys...I have no idea how to access the email links. Im not ignoring you. Just post your message here and i ll try to answer it. smiley

***added 07/02/16 - I am so happy that this thread has actually helped out thousands of people...people commenting, answering and helping each other and those viewing in ghost mode cheesy We have literally gone from just NYSC camp related experiences to JAMB to all sorts..lol... Gives me goosebumps (Err...maybe not...but..) Thanks to everyone that has helped me out. Couldn't have done it without y'all. Remember, if you need me to address any questions just say my NAME and I'll come running (well...not literally)...and hopefully I'll know or help you find out the answer. Cant answer any questions on JAMB though embarassed wink
Pls we need ur little contribution/advice on our Page. can I get ur contact?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by katanagirl08: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Plz what is CDS, I'm serving in Kaduna, and the office is in Magajin Gari
They say i am to report there EVERY wednesday...is that necessary?
I thought we go there once a month for Monthly Clearance only.
What do you do there anyway?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by eminent91: 6:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
pls I nid una help o,I av not bin paid my first alawee and bicycle allowance. I relocated from kwara state to calabar,I left the camp before the swearing in ceremony cos i am pregnant, so I was not able to collect the money.i sent my account details to d camp director but i am yet to receive d money.pls how do I collect the money?I belong to batch b stream 2
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Philax(m): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN PIPELINE INSPECTION, MAINTENANCE AND NON - DESTRUCTIVE TEST.
We prepare SSCE Holders, University Undergraduates and Graduates for employments in Oil & Gas / Refining / FPSO and LNG/GTLs industries in Nigeria.REGISTER NOW (BENINCITY TRAINING CENTRE)
TRAINING COMMENCES 3RD OF MARCH,2017
For Training and Participation Visit http://iuokada.edu.ng/reader.php?actid=49
OR Call 07065411435
ACCOUNT NO. 0062061040
ACCOUNT NAME: Petro-Tracking Services Limited

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by muid33n(m): 3:16am On Feb 21, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
You dont need to bother.
Thanks.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by DGR5: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2017
DPROS GLOBAL RESOURCES LTD. (DGR CONSULT)

REQUEST FOR YOUTH CORPERS TO SERVE IN OUR ORGANIZATION

DGR consult is an Engineering/Oil and Gas Training outfit Located in Lagos.
We wish to invite prospective Corps Members(Male/Female) in need of a Place of Primary Assignment within Lagos,
Preferable around Amu-Odofin/Festac,Isolo, Surulere,
Must be Freshly out of camp and willing to work with the company throughout his/her service year.
Kindly contact us if your course of study falls within the following areas

Civil Engineering ( Structures)
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Computer Science/Engineering
Business Admin/Marketing

Kindly forward your details to info@dgr.com.ng also copy to chinenyedgr1@gmail.com
or visit us after you have booked an appointment with the management via email
or place a phone call via
08164071894 or 08037916993
at
Suite B6B 24 road plaza, 24 road, Festac Town, Lagos

We hope to hear from you if you are interested and also eligible to Serve with dgr consult.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:09am On Feb 23, 2017
katanagirl08:
Plz what is CDS, I'm serving in Kaduna, and the office is in Magajin Gari
They say i am to report there EVERY wednesday...is that necessary?
I thought we go there once a month for Monthly Clearance only.
What do you do there anyway?
CDS means community development service. Yes, you have to go there every week. For the clearance, you hav to go to your nysc local govt secretarhat or the zonal office for the monthly clearance. Once a month.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:16am On Feb 23, 2017
eminent91:
pls I nid una help o,I av not bin paid my first alawee and bicycle allowance. I relocated from kwara state to calabar,I left the camp before the swearing in ceremony cos i am pregnant, so I was not able to collect the money.i sent my account details to d camp director but i am yet to receive d money.pls how do I collect the money?I belong to batch b stream 2
It's quite unfortunate. You either call the camp coordinator or u try and get the head of accounts nunber. You should have try nd stay to collect the money. Just follow the advice or be prepared to appear there physically. All the best.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by bablola(m): 8:06am On Feb 23, 2017
Hello Aus,pls I need an answer to this:
while filling my jamb form then I made a mistake:instead of november 30th I registered november 29th ;I hope it won't affect when I want to fill the mobilisation form..;Although the year of birth is correct and while in skul(uni) den,it november 30th am claimin.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2017
bablola:
Hello Aus,pls I need an answer to this:
while filling my jamb form then I made a mistake:instead of november 30th I registered november 29th ;I hope it won't affect when I want to fill the mobilisation form..;Although the year of birth is correct and while in skul(uni) den,it november 30th am claimin.
No problem. You can still correct it in camp. Or your school help u with it.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by anniegold1: 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Aiit, thanks for d reply
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by anniegold1: 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
One more question pls, au wld nysc know when my Skool Senate approved my result? Cos I dnt want to start registration n they wld start telling me u're over aged or smtin... Pls someone shld help to explain. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2017
anniegold1:
One more question pls, au wld nysc know when my Skool Senate approved my result? Cos I dnt want to start registration n they wld start telling me u're over aged or smtin... Pls someone shld help to explain. Thanks
Your school will indicate it. You can confirm it yourself on the portal yourself when the senate list is uploaded.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by optimisttayo(m): 12:06am On Feb 24, 2017
Pls, aus.. Will someone using 13 /09 /1989 as date of birth given admission in 2017/2018 academic session go for NYSC
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by anniegold1: 8:00am On Feb 24, 2017
Oh! Thank you very much.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
optimisttayo:
Pls, aus.. Will someone using 13 /09 /1989 as date of birth given admission in 2017/2018 academic session go for NYSC
Nah, with that age, the person will start the session at 28, it wont be possible to graduate before 30.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by neyochin: 6:54am On Feb 26, 2017
cutelover19:
Nice job you're doing OP, I have a quick question. A relative promised me a job in his company during my NYSC, the only problem is the his company is in Abuja. Is there any legal way to get to serve there? If there's none, kindly hook me up with someone who can help with securing a posting to Abuja. Thanks
@cutelover19 I can help u with that. 08167237341
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by souloho19(m): 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
optimisttayo:

You'll see people whose date of birth is like 1960 in camp..
Naija la wa

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Dickson25(m): 7:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hello Good evening everyone... Pls am a disabled graduate how can I choose the state I want them to post me to serve.
I really want to serve in Anambara State
Thanks for your reply
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:20am On Feb 28, 2017
Dickson25:
Hello Good evening everyone... Pls am a disabled graduate how can I choose the state I want them to post me to serve.
I really want to serve in Anambara State
Thanks for your reply
When reg starts, click on the box indicating you have health issues, you might needed to upload a medical report pr6ving your case, select anambra.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Dickson25(m): 6:18am On Feb 28, 2017
Okay... Thanks
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by manlawal(m): 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Pls guys I have a friend who relocated from yobe but wasn't posted till last week those he have any hope of February salary cos he collected January allowee
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:17am On Mar 03, 2017
manlawal:
Pls guys I have a friend who relocated from yobe but wasn't posted till last week those he have any hope of February salary cos he collected January allowee

stream 1.. hopefully..

stream 2. February allowee has being collected already..
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Horlanrewajuh: 11:25am On Mar 04, 2017
ojtech8291:
where did you check it?

At senate building 4 th floor
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
Does relocation affect allowee?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by umarshehu58(m): 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
markdonpuzo:
Does relocation affect allowee?

It affects me i think cox i havnt receive my february alowee uptil now

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (394) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.