Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed (46265 Views)

Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students / Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics) / Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
IFFA HEAR SAY I NO HAIL BUHARI...

14 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by bloodkiller: 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
coolitempa:
More obtuse and attention seeking comments from the mentally demented 'protection/attention seeker'..... grin

eshinwajuju the bastard
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
akins56:
mumu, you were blind when it was written in the reported news that EFCC and the concerned UK agency were in a planned alliance ? I pity your gullible followers with -10 IQ.
Go siddon, which EFCC plan alliance? Since when UK don de "plan" alliance with EFCC when Dieziani was not declared wanted nor invited by EFCC? Oga who be small pikin here?

6 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Let me start this piece by stating that the arrest and ongoing investigation of Mrs Alison Diezani Madueke by the United Kingdom Crime Agency is a welcome development. I shall continue to support public officers to answer to any allegation against them irrespective of political affiliation, religion or ethnic group. This article however is meant to clear the air on who is to take credit before supporters of president Buhari and APC accord the glory to Buhari.

UK Crime Agency Should Take Credit For Alison's Arrest:
The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative.

Why It Is Wrong To Credit Buhari:
The arrest of Madueke is not the first to be done by the UK government. Recall on September 16, 2005 the UK Police arrested then Governor Diepreye Alamesiegha for money laundry www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4253362.stm. The glory of that arrests that eventually led to his impeachment and imprisonment went to the UK and not Obasanjo's administration. The glory that went to Obasanjo was that it was his government that prosecuted him after he fled the UK- though he(Alams) was rather given a slap on the wrist. He still wanted in the UK

In May 2010, UAE authorities arrested James Ibori on the request of British Authorities after he had fled Nigeria due to being on the wanted list of the UK (2007) and Nigeria/EFCC (2010). Nevertheless, the credit went to the british authoritÍes and not President Goodluck Jonathan who had earlier ordered EFCC and Onovo-led police to arrest him. www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8680569.stm
www.saharareporters.com/2010/05/12/james-ibori-arrested-dubai

Buhari Is Not Sincere With Anti-corruption
Since coming to power Buhari has been making probe rhetoric and has never shown the will. In fact, he has been drinking and eating with alleged corrupt officials like Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu etc. Obasanjo in his letter once dared Atiku Abubakar to travel to the USA and see if he won't be arrested. Buhari is also yet to take action over the alleged corruption of Fashola as highlighted by Governor Ambode. In fact, the only case that's on the prosecution line is that of Saraki, which we all know was precipitated by political disagreement and not really because Buhari want to fight corruption. Buhari withdrew the EFCC's N2,8billion case against Sylva and even gifted him ticket for Bayelsa governorship election. In fact, Sylva was with Buhari during the Oct 1st celebration. Another is the case of Abubakar Audu, a right-hand man of Buhari since his ANPP days who despite his corruption case was gifted the ticket for Kogi governorship poll.

I make bold to state that the british would have arrested Diezani irrespective of who is in power. It is a shame that our so-called government cannot do things themselves but rely on the UK lead. Unfortunately, the properties and monies that will be seized will be added to the treasury of the Brits and their allies.

Finally, if Buhari want to fight corruption, he should start from home and we all shall support him. There are lots of ex-Govs, Senators and other public officials that has lots of indictment and cases to answer. He can't take the glory of another country! For now, he is yet to prove his hype.

May God Bless Us All
Who cares who gets the credited? All we want is for the goats to regurgitate our yams

7 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Iykopee(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
Any evidence to show it was daura dulllard who ordered the arrest of dazieni in London before the zombies start jumping up and down while hailing the overall zombie whose fight on corruption has been centered around Saraki?

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Jwhizzy(m): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
Dude, why are you in the habit of wasting your time on incoherent poo? Every success Buhari records, you write shit about how he is not to be praised, but if there's a problem, Buhari is to blame.
1. Refineries - don't praise Buhari
2. Improved power - don't praise Buhari
3. Plummeting exchange rate - blame Buhari
4. Drop in key economic indices - blame Buhari
You're just a shameless hypocrite undecided

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by SonOfEl(m): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
OP, DEZIANI HAS NOT BEING JAILED OR ARRESTED BY ANY LONDON POLICE! ITS FALSE NEWS AND LAZY JOURNALISM!
SUCH A GULLIBLE THREAD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
Jwhizzy:
Dude, why are you in the habit of wasting your time on incoherent poo? Every success Buhari records, you write shit about how he is not to be praised, but if there's a problem, Buhari is to blame.
1. Refineries - don't praise Buhari
2. Improved power - don't praise Buhari
3. Plummeting exchange rate - blame Buhari
4. Drop in key economic indices - blame Buhari
You're just a shameless hypocrite undecided

Fish brain

Mention One power transmission and distribution plants built by Buhari

10 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
@Bloodykiller:

UK NationalL Crimes Agency also tweeted the arrest

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by MizMyColi(f): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
Obiagelli:
Did the Uk whatever also raid daziani's houses in Lagos and Abuja?

What does it take to raid the house of a perceived political enemy?

I think this hit the Nigerian news waves unexpectedly, and in a bragadocious move, the EFCC mobilized so it can be attributed to them. I won't be surprised if the EFCC aren't in any active talks with the UK officials.

The role of the NPF in Falae kidnaps speaks a lot about the desperation of these law enforcement folks in Nigeria.

I hear she's been granted bail btw.
How true's that?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by kamair237(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op you or gradually loosing Ur pedigree!!!

dat will be all for now...!!!

11 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
SonOfEl:
OP, DEZIANI HAS NOT BEING JAILED OR ARRESTED BY ANY LONDON POLICE! ITS FALSE NEWS AND LAZY JOURNALISM!
SUCH A GULLIBLE THREAD.
Truly, London police never made ANY arrest but National Crimes Agency did. Just like Nigeria police and DSS or Nigeria police and EFCC. They are different agencies. In fact, British media published the news.

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ayokellany: 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Fish brain

How many banks or financial institutions did Buhari build to shore up Nigeria's reserve in the midst of dwindling oil prices ? Most of you wailers do not even understand the gravity of cluelessness you exhibit when defending some criminals.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
Is this evidence? I REAPEAT that the EFCC NEVER had a hand in this arrest. Stop rushing to APC Punch which only try to play a fast one by concocting stories quoting a 'source'. Which source? Does Punch have any Source within UK NCA? Oga the source is Aisha Buhari and Lai Muhammed.

kahal29:
"The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative."

You are very wrong because the Efcc actually demanded for her arrest. See evidence below:

[b]It was gathered that the Seizure Organised Crime Agency within the National Crimes Agency of the UK arrested Deziani and are probing the allegations against her.

It was further learnt that Deziani was picked up by operatives of the SOCA at the instance of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission which has been discretely probing her.

The PUNCH investigations revealed that the SOCA has a working agreement with the EFCC in the area of investigation of allegations of financial crimes and proceeds of such crimes.

A source said, “It is true that the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Deziani has been arrested by the UK’s National Crimes Agency, not the Metropolitan Police.

“There is an agency within the National Crimes Agency called the Seizures Organised Crimes Agency. She was actually arrested by operatives of SOCA because the agency has a working agreement with the EFCC. We have been cooperating with SOCA on a number issues.

“I can tell you that Deziani is being quizzed over allegations of bribery and fraud by the UK police.”[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-arrest-madueke-in-london-channels-tv/

3 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
ayokellany:

How many banks or financial institutions did Buhari build to shore up Nigeria's reserve in the midst of dwindling oil prices ? Most of you wailers do not even understand the gravity of cluelessness you exhibit when defending some criminals.

Chicken brain

Just mention one power, transmission and distribution plants built by Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
Pls where did you read of the bail? I will like to ascertain and know why (if true) but I doubt

Btw: Nice reply to Obiagelli
MizMyColi:

I think this hit the Nigerian news waves unexpectedly, and in a bragadocious move, the EFCC mobilized so it can be attributed to them. I won't be surprised if the EFCC aren't in any active talks with the UK officials.

The role of the NPF in Falae kidnaps speaks a lot about the desperation of these law enforcement folks in Nigeria.

How true's that?
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Jwhizzy(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Fish brain

Imbeciles like you will continue to live in a cocoon, tormented by the demons of your failure in life, and will therefore see no good. Is it not an indication of your stupidity that you absolutely equate building of gencos and discos to improved power supply? You clearly have a small mind and to engage you further will add no value to humanity.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:

TonyeBarcanista

President Muhammadu Buhari made a request to David Cameron and other leaders of allied States to help Nigeria arrest corrupt Nigeria officials and recover looted funds

Security Agents after months of planning along side the federal Government and international partners in Sweden,Us,UK and other countries Today started a sting joint international operation.

This is just the beginning
MizMyColi
Obiagelli :

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by coolitempa(f): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
bloodkiller:

eshinwajuju the bastard

All you guys do is throw insults.....a clear indication that you have nothing to offer...... cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by bloodkiller: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
coolitempa:

All you guys do is throw insults.....a clear indication that you have nothing to offer...... cheesy

diezani released so eshinwajuju the bastard Sharap and gerrarehia meeehn grin
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Bevista: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
tupacshakur:
Nice one Tonyebarcanista. I got your back this time around.

If Saraki and Diezani can be subjected to the whims of the law, I see no reason why the likes of Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu, Atiku shouldn't be.

I was in Port harcourt sometimes last year and I was like, "a garden city" indeed. I also think Fashola is over-hyped considering the over 40 billion naira monthly income that accrued to the state during his 8-year tenure.

I'm no wailer. grin. I voted for Buhari and for change but until he extends the tentacles of his anti-corruption net to the criminals within, I ain't taking him serious. grin
You guys seem to get it all wrong...

PMB is the leader of the Federal Government, and not State government. Have you not noticed that the president is not particularly concerned about what goes on in various states, whether PDP or APC? It is the place of State Governors to uncover and escalate issues of corruption in their state to EFCC. The president is doing same for the Federal Government.

Nigeria operates a Federal System of government and not Unitary system where the President directly oversees everything.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista

Alison left Nigeria before authorities could gather enough evidence against her,
you dont expect efcc to arrest her in UK.

this is the beginning operations of similar magnitude will be taking place in other countries

21 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
tupacshakur:
Nice one Tonyebarcanista. I got your back this time around.

If Saraki and Diezani can be subjected to the whims of the law, I see no reason why the likes of Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu, Atiku shouldn't be.

I was in Port harcourt sometimes last year and I was like, "a garden city" indeed. I also think Fashola is over-hyped considering the over 40 billion naira monthly income that accrued to the state during his 8-year tenure.

I'm no wailer. grin. I voted for Buhari and for change but until he extends the tentacles of his anti-corruption net to the criminals within, I ain't taking him serious. grin
The anti-corruption fight has only been on Saraki because of politics. Truly, I want corrupt people prosecuted but Buhari should not take glory that he doesn't deserve

3 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
Anyone who raise a voice against Diezani 's arrest is shameless nd a criminal.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Eastlink(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nice write up Tonye. Kudos to the British for a job well done. Let Mrs Deziani face the music. When she was swindling our hard earned money did she remember the common man on the streets? Did she remember the poor widows who went to bed hungry? Did she invest her loot into the private sectors as a way of creating jobs to our teeming youth. Abegi make she carry her cross.

4 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

How true's that?
Very funny response.
She would be granted bail but not off the hook

10 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
bloodkiller:

the post is too difficult for a gworo eater to decode grin
The three unmarked vehicles blocking the entrance of Diezani's home in Abuja, do they belong to the UK?

13 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
TonyeBarcanista
Alison left Nigeria before authorities could gather enough evidence against her,
you dont expect efcc to arrest her in UK.

this is the beginning operations of similar magnitude will be taking place in other countries
Did Nigeria Authority ever indict her or declare he® wanted or ask for her to be repatriated to Nigeria from the UK? Oga you no get excuse!

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
Fish brain
Mention one power plant Jonathan built.

11 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by bloodkiller: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

The three unmarked vehicles blocking the entrance of Diezani's home in Abuja, do they belong to the UK?

mugu what are you trying to say?

did EFCC arrested her?

EFCC is just trying to act like they are involved

why didn't they make the first move?

don't you tell me that you have a gworo brain just like IbnSultaan
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
Eastlink:
Nice write up Tonye. Kudos to the British for a job well done. Let Mrs Deziani face the music. When she was swindling our hard earned money did she remember the common man on the streets? Did she remember the poor widows who went to bed hungry? Did she invest her loot into the private sectors as a way of creating jobs to our teeming youth. Abegi make she carry her cross.
It shall be well with you sir? While mothers were struggling to feed and clothes and our fathers were working round the clock just to see that we survive, people like Alison Madueke was busy looooting and enjoying herself. She must face the music alone. Hopefully, she joins Ibori if she's convicted.

I trust the British.

3 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by coolitempa(f): 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
bloodkiller:

diezani released so eshinwajuju the bastard Sharap and gerrarehia meeehn grin

I have nothing to discuss with you....you are nothing but another slimball......released....yes....maybe..... cheesy...but arrested....all the same....will be charged later...... grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Buhari Has Given Us Go Ahead To Intervene - Tinubu / Picture Of A Man Running With Stolen Ballot Box / 30 Yelwan Zangam Residents Die In Fresh Attacks In Jos, Several Houses Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.