Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed (46264 Views)

Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students / Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics) / Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by feaworaoja007: 5:53am On Oct 04, 2015
micklplus:
Tonye tonye

Buhari should not be hailed. Tonye, PDP and the great wailers should be hailed.

After all, there is hailing in wailing. Lol

You get sense my sister
EFCC heard of the arrest and decided to do "busy body"...why didnt they raid the house b4 the arrest;or do you arrest some1 b4 raiding his house or is it supposed to be the other way round....by the way,what did they find in her house after the raid? If the raid was successful and had incriminating evidence that links to the arrest in the UK,they would have joyful been declaring evidences and exhibits found...
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by arbitter: 5:54am On Oct 04, 2015
I love how those igbo youths that were chestbeating about how they will fvck this country up if 'Diezani is touched' are suddenly changing their tune to 'Lets not give Buhari credit', As if that changes the fact that their beloved 'daughter' is still in deep shlt and they cant do jack about it.

Heres a thought for you, if this woman is successfully prosecuted EVERYONE in this country (except for you ldiots of course) will give due credit to Buhari and you can write a million epistles about it all you want but NOBODY gives a shlt what you think, they didn't before the elections and they're not about to start now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:54am On Oct 04, 2015
StOla:

See how you have just entered my trap and disgraced yourself.

Is it not on record that the house of representatives invited Diezani Allison-Madueke to come explain the N10billion Naira allegedly spent on chartered flights?

Did she turn up at all? No.

Did Jonathan and PDP not protect her?

Did tribal war lords not protect her claiming it is SouthWest media, as they are wont to do as miserable clannish defenders?

When Jonathan lost the March 28 presidential elections, the same arrogant Diezani suddenly started raising the same old issue unbidden. Claiming the amount was not up to N10billion and started explaining that indeed the ministry already had a private jet, but she was advised not to utilise it because it had not been put to use for a while (as if repair and maintenance was now an extinct human vocation).

She told the press that what was alleged to have been spent on her chartered flight was wrong (as if an assumed flight expense of N9.5 or N8 billion still could not be considered wasteful).

Why was she now telling the press about an old matter after Jonathan had lost, when she had the opportunity to face the house of reps over a year earlier?

Cover your face in shame.

After she fought with the court decision above, did she ever honour the fresh summon below?

Jonathan even defended her in one of the presidential media chats when he said that the legislators should leave her to do her job.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by lawalabidemi(m): 5:58am On Oct 04, 2015
Having carefully and thoroughly read the article of Tonye, permit me to reiterate that a very good importance of social networking is learning centre. Maybe Tonye should be reminded that as a Nigerian, he has the right to petition the likes of Ameachi, Fashola, Atiku and Sylva as he has claimed that they are corrupt.

Another thing I have with your article is that, you seem to be in the school of thought that believes that "a sinner should not be punished except all sinners are caught and all punished together". My brother it cannot work.

Let us only be supportive to anti-curruption fight not to against it. Corruption is what makes Nigeria to be listed among the third world nation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:12am On Oct 04, 2015
The insincerity of Mr TonyeBarcanista is profound !

6 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by jacksonite: 6:23am On Oct 04, 2015
Jackeeh:
Uhmmmmm whether Buhari is sincere oh or not sincere with anti-corruption oh, Diezani has been arrested. That's a step. Let's begin from somewhere.
Who is the "let's" here?The Brits or Nigerians? Obviously, The OP has shown that the Nigerian government has not began anything yet.
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by idros4real: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2015
Barca my man, well am not surprised with this write up of yours and I expect more than this, if GEJ has been doing the same we will not be in this mess that we found ourselves today. However if you don't like what is going on in this present government please save your grammar for coming 2019 general election. God bless my country Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ZionJay(m): 6:26am On Oct 04, 2015
Barcanista,after reading through your thrash of a post,my conclusion is,you are doing a very bad job in spite of all you are paid!
You are too dull and unconvincing!
I will advise you quit clearing the doubt about your intellectual propensity!
I see in you a future yam eater! However, we dey wait you with petrol and match stick. Eat our yam and get roasted.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by oshaosha2014(m): 6:29am On Oct 04, 2015
Guys, don't expect an angel in Buhari. He is human like you and I, and expect flaws from him just as you have yours. You want him to be thorough in his anti curruption war, tell me how that can be possible in the kind of environment that we live in. Moreso, I don't think anybody can be thorough in such situation. But you can be rest assured that he will turn this economy to the right direction of development.

Yes, people around are currupt, I can assure that without these people he will never have the chance to become a president. And yes, they may have helped him to power, I assure you that he will never be their puppet. He will do things that most of you will like.

One good thing I have noticed after the inception of the buhari govt is the improvement in the staying hours of electricity supply, which didn't have any infrastructural improvement to be able to increase it staying hours. It means people in that sector have notice that this is not the kind of president to joke with - body language alone is working without any probe into the sector yet. My people good things are here!

By the way, I am not buhari's fan I only respect him as the president of my country, I don't want to know which part he's from. What concerns me is the good he will bring to you and I. Some of you are seeing positive changes around you, yet you will deny them because he is not from your zone or tribe.

Reality check: Buhari, whether you like it or not, is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, all you can do right now is support him. You call him a dullard, and don't you think a 'dullard' needs all the help he can get ?

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by noblegrex: 6:29am On Oct 04, 2015
Jackeeh:
Uhmmmmm whether Buhari is sincere oh or not sincere with anti-corruption oh, Diezani has been arrested. That's a step. Let's begin from somewhere.
abeg I tire for that one oo.the guy no sabi anything him dey claim.na mumunotu

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by babafirst(m): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2015
lawalabidemi:
Having carefully and thoroughly read the article of Tonye, permit me to reiterate that a very good importance of social networking is learning centre. Maybe Tonye should be reminded that as a Nigerian, he has the right to petition the likes of Ameachi, Fashola, Atiku and Sylva as he has claimed that they are corrupt.

Another thing I have with your article is that, you seem to be in the school of thought that believes that "a sinner should not be punished except all sinners are caught and all punished together". My brother it cannot work.

Let us only be supportive to anti-curruption fight not to against it. Corruption is what makes Nigeria to be listed among the third world nation.
Gbam my bro.You hit the nail on the head.
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by babafirst(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
The insincerity of Mr TonyeBarcanista is profound !
Lol ,but that's unsurprisingly true.

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by babaijesha1(m): 6:50am On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Buhari is a disappointment to leadership
I guess its safe to call Buhari a kindergarten president
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by gbemi15: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Let me start this piece by stating that the arrest and ongoing investigation of Mrs Alison Diezani Madueke by the United Kingdom Crime Agency is a welcome development. I shall continue to support public officers to answer to any allegation against them irrespective of political affiliation, religion or ethnic group. This article however is meant to clear the air on who is to take credit before supporters of president Buhari and APC accord the glory to Buhari.

UK Crime Agency Should Take Credit For Alison's Arrest:
The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative. In fact, the UK Crime Agency had to confirm that they started investigating Diezani since 2013 when Buhari was still in opposition http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190970-we-started-investigating-alison-madueke-since-2013-uk-national-crime-agency.html

Why It Is Wrong To Credit Buhari:
The arrest of Madueke is not the first to be done by the UK government. Recall on September 16, 2005 the UK Police arrested then Governor Diepreye Alamesiegha for money laundry www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4253362.stm. The glory of that arrests that eventually led to his impeachment and imprisonment went to the UK and not Obasanjo's administration. The glory that went to Obasanjo was that it was his government that prosecuted him after he fled the UK- though he(Alams) was rather given a slap on the wrist. He still wanted in the UK

In May 2010, UAE authorities arrested James Ibori on the request of British Authorities after he had fled Nigeria due to being on the wanted list of the UK (2007) and Nigeria/EFCC (2010). Nevertheless, the credit went to the british authoritÍes and not President Goodluck Jonathan who had earlier ordered EFCC and Onovo-led police to arrest him. www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8680569.stm
www.saharareporters.com/2010/05/12/james-ibori-arrested-dubai

Buhari Is Not Sincere With Anti-corruption
Since coming to power Buhari has been making probe rhetoric and has never shown the will. In fact, he has been drinking and eating with alleged corrupt officials like Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu etc. Obasanjo in his letter once dared Atiku Abubakar to travel to the USA and see if he won't be arrested. Buhari is also yet to take action over the alleged corruption of Fashola as highlighted by Governor Ambode. In fact, the only case that's on the prosecution line is that of Saraki, which we all know was precipitated by political disagreement and not really because Buhari want to fight corruption. Buhari withdrew the EFCC's N2,8billion case against Sylva and even gifted him ticket for Bayelsa governorship election. In fact, Sylva was with Buhari during the Oct 1st celebration. Another is the case of Abubakar Audu, a right-hand man of Buhari since his ANPP days who despite his corruption case was gifted the ticket for Kogi governorship poll.

I make bold to state that the british would have arrested Diezani irrespective of who is in power. It is a shame that our so-called government cannot do things themselves but rely on the UK lead. Unfortunately, the properties and monies that will be seized will be added to the treasury of the Brits and their allies.

Finally, if Buhari want to fight corruption, he should start from home and we all shall support him. There are lots of ex-Govs, Senators and other public officials that has lots of indictment and cases to answer. He can't take the glory of another country! For now, he is yet to prove his hype.

May God Bless Us All
we hail Buhari and APC cos she was arrested during his tenure and not a PDP tenure,pls look for a better reason to wail ds time Bad-canister

7 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by barcaboi(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Let me start this piece by stating that the arrest and ongoing investigation of Mrs Alison Diezani Madueke by the United Kingdom Crime Agency is a welcome development. I shall continue to support public officers to answer to any allegation against them irrespective of political affiliation, religion or ethnic group. This article however is meant to clear the air on who is to take credit before supporters of president Buhari and APC accord the glory to Buhari.

The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative. In fact, the UK Crime Agency had to confirm that they started investigating Diezani since 2013 when Buhari was still in opposition http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190970-we-started-investigating-alison-madueke-since-2013-uk-national-crime-agency.html

The arrest of Madueke is not the first to be done by the UK government. Recall on September 16, 2005 the UK Police arrested then Governor Diepreye Alamesiegha for money laundry www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4253362.stm. The glory of that arrests that eventually led to his impeachment and imprisonment went to the UK and not Obasanjo's administration. The glory that went to Obasanjo was that it was his government that prosecuted him after he fled the UK- though he(Alams) was rather given a slap on the wrist. He still wanted in the UK

In May 2010, UAE authorities arrested James Ibori on the request of British Authorities after he had fled Nigeria due to being on the wanted list of the UK (2007) and Nigeria/EFCC (2010). Nevertheless, the credit went to the british authoritÍes and not President Goodluck Jonathan who had earlier ordered EFCC and Onovo-led police to arrest him. www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8680569.stm

Since coming to power Buhari has been making probe rhetoric and has never shown the will. In fact, he has been drinking and eating with alleged corrupt officials like Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu etc. Obasanjo in his letter once dared Atiku Abubakar to travel to the USA and see if he won't be arrested. Buhari is also yet to take action over the alleged corruption of Fashola as highlighted by Governor Ambode. In fact, the only case that's on the prosecution line is that of Saraki, which we all know was precipitated by political disagreement and not really because Buhari want to fight corruption. Buhari withdrew the EFCC's N2,8billion case against Sylva and even gifted him ticket for Bayelsa governorship election. In fact, Sylva was with Buhari during the Oct 1st celebration. Another is the case of Abubakar Audu, a right-hand man of Buhari since his ANPP days who despite his corruption case was gifted the ticket for Kogi governorship poll.

I make bold to state that the british would have arrested Diezani irrespective of who is in power. It is a shame that our so-called government cannot do things themselves but rely on the UK lead. Unfortunately, the properties and monies that will be seized will be added to the treasury of the Brits and their allies.

Finally, if Buhari want to fight corruption, he should start from home and we all shall support him. There are lots of ex-Govs, Senators and other public officials that has lots of indictment and cases to answer. He can't take the glory of another country! For now, he is yet to prove his hype.

May God Bless Us All
that same Alameisigha u mentioned was freed by GEJ........what say thee?

3 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by arsetalks(m): 7:15am On Oct 04, 2015
The protection seeker is getting pathetic each and every day. Can I ask you a question Mr protection seeker, was Alison born last night? Or how come he was not arrested under the shoeless clueless retardeen of a presidency missroad ex ( don't want to use the president and him in the same line )?

3 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ribbit: 7:16am On Oct 04, 2015
omenka passingshot, we need counter thread. Dnt let lies like this go unbursted.

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by sebyt4u(m): 7:21am On Oct 04, 2015
Tony, ur on point. APC! The change is scam...
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:23am On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista and under whose government did the so called Diedani work for, steal from, and work scot free from? Or did that little piece of info get swipped from your memory. U are anti-APC and Nothing, absolutely nothing they do will be seen as any form of credit in your eyes. You stupidly stubbornly prefer to forge ahead and throw shade wherever it suits you against APC, blinded by the excessive corruption that plagued your Messiah; Jonathan the Charlatan's regime and that of the entire 16year reign of the PDP.
Get it into your head, PMB is the President. PMB will continue to be the president till 2019. U can write hate threads from now till thy kingdom come, it won't change anything.
#KeepOnWailing,Wailer!

6 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2015
Another PDPian on the loose. Atleast Pmb in all his foreign trips has always called for united front against currupt politicians and has sought for help from these countries in retrieving stolen funds. I can't remember any pdp govt doing that. So pls my credit goes to Pmb.

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Anasdegari: 7:33am On Oct 04, 2015
Why talking crap when you don't know exactly what happened? You are nothing but an ardent critic. We are not interested in knowing who takes the credit, we only know that Alison got arrested during GMB's administration and not GEJ's

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by malikisah: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

May God Bless Us All
hmm, you brilliant o
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Fearcom(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2015
When Buhari was traveling around the world, what did you think he was doing? Looking for buyers for his cows?? Recovery of stolen funds as well as prosecution for culprits was on the front burner in his discussions with world leaders and heads of governments of the countries he visited especially suspected institutions that banked stolen funds to the tune of billions of dollars. When thieves are celebrated as heroes, then the damage is almost beyond repair, unless God intervenes....

6 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2015
When would Nigeria be free from monstrous corruption, the problem in this country ist that corruption has been legalised if Buhari truly wants to fight corruption let him start from those who sit around his table... I comend him for what he's been doing so far but the glory doesn't belong to him. #sai_no_to_corruption
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2015
vivaciousvivi:
TonyeBarcanista and under whose government did the so called Diedani work for, steal from, and work scot free from? Or did that little piece of info get swipped from your memory. U are anti-APC and Nothing, absolutely nothing they do will be seen as any form of credit in your eyes. You stupidly stubbornly prefer to forge ahead and throw shade wherever it suits you against APC, blinded by the excessive corruption that plagued your Messiah; Jonathan the Charlatan's regime and that of the entire 16year reign of the PDP.
Get it into your head, PMB is the President. PMB will continue to be the president till 2019. U can write hate threads from now till thy kingdom come, it won't change anything.
#KeepOnWailing,Wailer!
Sweetheart, all these for me? It's like you guys in APC don't want criticism.
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 04, 2015
What is this one talking sef? You just muddled up facts with sentiments in a bid to disparaging one good man who is doing his best under present circumstances to salvage the future of our great country.

We agree that PMB may not have a hand in the arrest of that very corrupt woman (Alison abi what's her name sef), but please stop giving him a bad name.

This is his opportunity to be used by God to make some corrections to Nigeria. Pray for him and let him do his job.
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Fearcom(m): 8:08am On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Sweetheart, all these for me? It's like you guys in APC don't want criticism.

There's constructive criticism, and there's destructive , biased criticism. And your reference to "people in APC" who haven't joined a single political party in their lives is a funny way to criticize, don't you think??

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by SonOfEl(m): 8:09am On Oct 04, 2015
barcaboi:

that same Alameisigha u mentioned was freed by GEJ........what say thee?

the same Buhari said abacha did not loot funds....
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by PassingShot(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2015
ribbit:
omenka passingshot, we need counter thread. Dnt let lies like this go unbursted.
Is it really worth countering?

I sincerely don't think every one of his myopic and illogical threads needs to be countered.

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by hamingra: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2015
K
TonyeBarcanista:

May God Bless Us All

This is from a CERTIFIED WAILER! Executive Director, WAILERS FOUNDATION OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Fearcom(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

the same Buhari said abacha did not loot funds....

Buhahahahaha! You didn't answer his question, did you?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ZUBY77(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2015
ayokellany:
Tonye kindly tell me what court you are the Judge or tribunal you chaired to declare Tinubu that was tried in a competent court of law and was honourably acquitted discharged a criminal ? I am yet to see any guilty verdict from any court on Atiku while you are only bound to have heart attack over Amaechi or how else can you explain how in your own wisdom chosen to pronounce him guilty without charge ? What is good for the PDP believed to be innocent is also good for the APC until they are pronounced guilty by a competent law court n not by your PDP sympathetic self.

You asked that Buhari start is anti corruption fight from his tribe, north and party he obliged with Saraki and just like Buhari crated Umaro Dikko a northerner only for your likes to wail till he was chased out in a coup well meaning Nigerians are determined and battle ready to see you wail your soul to the grave if that is what it takes for Nigeria to progress.

You silly animal is one reason why this country is heading nowhere.
Are you really waiting for a compromised and corrupt justice system to tell you that someone is a thief before you agree?

Do you need someone to tell you that Stella Oduah and Deziani are rogues?
That also includes all the ex governors since 1999.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Buhari Has Given Us Go Ahead To Intervene - Tinubu / Olusegun Agagu has finally been buried (PHOTOS) / Picture Of A Man Running With Stolen Ballot Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.