Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? (42325 Views)

Surviving A Job Interview Loss / Career Tips:surviving Unemployment / Surviving In Present Day Nigeria: For The Ex-corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Am on Akin Alabi pay roll. Thats how am surviving

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Bondesniger(m): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
Secret kee normal thing ooooo
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Dyt(f): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Not easy oo
Even with a job sef got lots of responsibilities
But in all I say alhamdulilahi
Only the jobless few of us knows this
undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by clinton101(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
It not bin eazy @ all.all tanxs 2 my mum n dad.but I am jst tired of collectin money from dem.

5 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by demolaprof(m): 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
benedima1990:
Am ashamed to say this but my mother is just the best.

There's no need to be ashamed bro. Ur mom is good. That's it

8 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by dridowu: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
though get employ immediately after nysc but the pay is under pay nevertheless man has been surviving
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by ifyalways(f): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
artisticallyart:

Feeding, ensure you look for owanbe in and around your neighborhood. Dress well (Native).

Moving around, well money is needed but dong menial job in your neighborhood such as carrying load, washing cars for neighbors, run few errands and if possible babysit and tutorials.....its survival of the fittest.

Barbing your head....the bible say wisdom is the principal thing, get it. You do not have money, styling your hair would be foolish so I would advice you barb Gorimapa alias skin( very pocket friendly).

The only personal effect you should have now is shaving sticks, roll on, perfume, a shirt(starched) ,trouser(Ironed), tie(neat) and shoes(polished) strictly for interview.

My advise to you.....don't dare toast any girl, do it at your own peril.
I chuckled reading this.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by UnimkeAk(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
kfrosh:
Immediately I finished NYSC in Nov. 2014 I looked for a place where I could learn a hand work; I eventually found an automobile service company where i was able to learn how to work on cars (mechanic), I was paid peanuts in dehumanising condition but I knew I was learning a new skill and small change no matter how small was entering my pocket. Fast forward to this present day I got a white collar job that has a promising future which I started last month.
Moral of the lesson get up and start doing something; stop laying around thinking a miracle will happen. The skills you learn on the street might be the one that will open opportunities for you just as it worked for me.
Note: I graduated with a 3rd class in Mechanical Engineering and still got gainfully employed less than a year after NYSC.

My friend (flatmate) did the same while we where serving. While guys where forming fresh chasing women all over town..
My guy will be in dirty cloths riding ladies bike or trekking while running erands 4 his oga.
(he had a good 2:1 in mech engine)

I just hope all that is paying off.

5 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by ITbomb(m): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
With so many new technologies and newer devices, some people just need help to set things up. I step in there and live with what I enjoy doing
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by braine(m): 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
Justbeingreal:
that's when your mom understand cuz some don't
Some like mine. The dude is lucky.

3 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
kazzonline:
GOD!! and thank God for free browsing tweaks as well..i know God has def not forgotten me sha,even thou it seems like it,i hav hope!!!
free browsing tweak grin
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
My signature says it all
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by 2el(m): 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
iykebest1:
Bet9ja

lol
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Lexusgs430: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
EggovinMma:
Well, I ve been surviving.
Freelance marketing of peoples products. Recently i made a good profit selling off a friend's intimacy gadgets! !!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue.Got nothing less than 3k5 for each vibrators. Sold them like pure water!

My ex used to give me monthly change but since we broke up, another niggar has taken over tongue tongue tongue.

He hasn't been around so I'm thinking of a good plan to get money from him.This guy is too smart for my liking angry angry angry.I KNOW WHAT TO DO!*snaps finger*Afterall since more than two weeks he travelled, I have been faithful. I think I deserve a compensation for that. tongue

My dad , my brothers sends money to my account most times.I love them!

Straight to the point, no dulling!!!
I used to love drinking Egovin !!!

4 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
benedima1990:
Am ashamed to say this but my mother is just the best.
U have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.
She is your mother. Her love for you is pure.
If she can't help her own child at a temporary point of need, who will she help?
Just keep the fire of hope burning, you will definitely get a job soon.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by AsanwaKC(f): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
Eyaaaa...it is well. God abeg next life I still want to be confirmed Asanwa. I have a brother that is not working and he finished school before me, upon all his tall fine boy no work yet. I send him money every now and then.

4 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
Yomieluv:
going on fasting - 365 days dry fasting.
grin U grin ;WAN D DIE?gringringringrin
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by drnairalov: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
I am earing 3k per month..so I started dating a rich chick earning 700k per month that is 703k

m smart..daz how I survive

4 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
some people are self employed.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by dammytosh: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
freshness2020:
Finished with a 2.1 in french yet no job. I jumped into video editing as an added skill yet coys refused to take me as an intern to gather experience. Doing business now. Nigeria go beta.

Please dnt waste that skill.

U can teach french in all these private schools.

Arrange periods. You can earn average of 150k a month.

You can add multimedia to your presentation style and speak and teach good french with right diction.

I did dt with computer as an under graduate and lacked nothing for that period.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
freshness2020:
Finished with a 2.1 in french yet no job. I jumped into video editing as an added skill yet coys refused to take me as an intern to gather experience. Doing business now. Nigeria go beta.
FRENCH? Nice my course mate grin..but pls what materials can you recommend for me to download to aid my study cos its not been easy for me.. Including German or should I say EXPECIALLY GERMAN?everything about it is upside down cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by DrGroove(f): 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hmmmm! So many Jobless guys on nairaland No wonder they get very bitter over ladies and money issues! May God provide for them!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by diablos: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
This post is so real and d poster jst hit d real deal in a long while. So encouraged to see nigerian youths come together to share their experiences as subsevients in today's harsh Nigerian economy. Haven't seen abuses fly n no tribal bigotry. Shows that in all diversities, we still share a common problem n we all need to come together n get a common solution to this plague called unemployment in our society. My advice is, never give up on d hustle, and kip pushing even wen its hard to...one day is all it takes to escape this forever.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Straight to the point, no dulling!!!
I used to love drinking Egovin !!!

Really? ??
That's one terrible drink. I got that name from girlfriends that use to admire my "fresh beauty back then. Now I don dey expire! !!! grin

6 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by iykebest1(m): 2:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
2el:

lol
*busted* I swear sir, I no dey play am oo. I dnt even knw what it mean oo. Am serious. But y u self dey cheat on our thread?
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by janefrancisca(f): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mehn...mine its just been God and my Lovely Dad. Sometimes i wonder what would have become of me if not for my Dad. God bless him for Me o. He still sends me money anytime i ask him and is even the one sponsoring my masters programme. Though i do some runs in school like helping people write exams, assignments, seminars and projects sha. My house we no dey ask momsy for money na, i don't know why but we grew up that way. She just give her little once in a while. All in All, i still thank God.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
DrGroove:
Hmmmm! So many Jobless guys on nairaland No wonder they get very bitter over ladies and money issues! May God provide for them!
One question.... would you date any of the guys on this particular thread?
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by daddysprincess(f): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
Farming

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
here I Am, Contemplating on whether to quit My present job and search for another 'I want some more' ! whereas some one out there have got none. oh Lord , what a fool I Am.'

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Lexusgs430: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
EggovinMma:

Really? ??
That's one terrible drink. I got that name from girlfriends that use to admire my "fresh beauty back then. Now I don dey expire! !!! grin

Expire ke? And has one BOBO went, anoda takeover?Beholders know fine fine unexpired NAFDAC registered unadulterated pesin!!!!
NB: Egovin and Campari, Hmmmmmm!!!! Good old days
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by hadura29(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
Sylver247:
Unemployment is bad, no that's an understatement! Its a bondage sad. I don't know about others but its not been easy at all. Sometimes I feel for my fellow guys because we feel the bite more, a lady will always get money to take care of herself no matter what, but where will a guy get from? Even your friend, before he agrees to help you ehn, its like camel passing the eye of a needle angry

To fellow male job-seekers, how have you been coping with daily survival?
How do you get money for feeding, moving around, barbing your hair,buying personal effects and all that?
Please share your secrets, maybe others can adopt your method and be better off.

GOD...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees / 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers / Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.