Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? (42364 Views)

Surviving A Job Interview Loss / Career Tips:surviving Unemployment / Surviving In Present Day Nigeria: For The Ex-corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by goodgate: 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
Dyt:

Does being married and having kids mean I shouldn't work?
undecided undecided
It can be as bad as that of the young single guys. Your husband is there for you.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by tupem: 6:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
adeememman:
@op, i will make few points here,
- Try and lay your hands on any work/business as long as its not crime and its productive.( I suggest you learn if you dont have idea on any craft/trade before now). I prefer craft to trade because it requires no capital/risk and the yield is higher. In short, acquire skills.:
- Dont be lazy in anything you do. What is worth doing should be done well.
- Dont be fooled by your education and certificates but rather apply it to get a better result.
- Always look for opportunities and utilize them fully.
- Believe in God.
And you will laugh last.
:
acquiring skills isn't free!

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
SylarsMcQuins:

Hope its free sha?
yap
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by freshness2020: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
richyblink1:

If you are within ph pm me. A good school is looking for a sound and reliable french teacher
in Lagos state, sir. :'
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by piagetskinner(m): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Dmeji4444:
It wasn't easy then, after NYSC in Feb2014, I worked as an attendant in a petrol station and ws promoted to be a supervisor. 3months after, I got stambic job (night shift) as a KYC offficer for two months, I thought it would last but did not, so I started teaching in a school. And ws there for 7months, b4 I got where I am today(Alhamdulillah). What I realised is that the moments I felt bad most were the time I ws doing nothing(the time that elapsed between loosing a job and getting another)so what I did ws that I made sure that I had something doing no matter how small the inflow ws. Am earning 50k now, so nt that I av hit it big, but just making sure that iam doing something,,,so my advice is that u should get something doing.
True yarns man
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by obstead200(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Edostate4love:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

if not for my parents I would have suffer more all the same I thank God not even uncles both in private business n politics, the worse of all house of rep member who was a commissioner for finance of a state from my village did not even matters I had to travel from pH to see him in his office but he keeps playing me I tried writing him only for him to give what I asked of him to another guys in my presence.it is. not that we are enemies from both families rather my parents used to lend his parents money when he was in university but now not even the parents can help me.I know my set time will come ijn amen
obviously u are talking about deacon Chike okafor. I know him from a distance. I heard he is a nice man to his villa pple. Am surprised u said he can't help I. But u need to take heart. There is no way he can help everyone he knows. Don't worry. Just work hard and remain focused. Ur appointed time shall surely come
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by g2soul11(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
artisticallyart:

Feeding, ensure you look for owanbe in and around your neighborhood. Dress well (Native).

Moving around, well money is needed but dong menial job in your neighborhood such as carrying load, washing cars for neighbors, run few errands and if possible babysit and tutorials.....its survival of the fittest.

Barbing your head....the bible say wisdom is the principal thing, get it. You do not have money, styling your hair would be foolish so I would advice you barb Gorimapa alias skin( very pocket friendly).

The only personal effect you should have now is shaving sticks, roll on, perfume, a shirt(starched) ,trouser(Ironed), tie(neat) and shoes(polished) strictly for interview.

My advise to you.....don't dare toast any girl, do it at your own peril.

what about me... . no job but still have to takia of my girlfriend of 4 years.. . dating before graduating
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by obstead200(m): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
freshness2020:

I was teaching before . I had to leave it because of how cumbersome it was. I was the only french teacher with 6 classes and bn paid just 22k.
so u left a paid job just to go sit at home?
Do u need any other definition of unemployable?
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by kishimi8(m): 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
Physika:

lipsrsealed
Same goes for oriflamme global trust, gnld etc all are ponzi schemes,

And if as a young man you set yourself on that path you are in for a bumpy ride
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by obstead200(m): 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
EggovinMma:

Girls of course!
It started as a joke .Before I could say JACK, got a customer referring me to another, to another, to another and to another.Never knew sex is this hard to come by. tongue

Not for me though. I don't buy dicks wink

But I can sure sell them.
u sure spoiled the fun. I was hoping u sold it to guys and probably thought them how to use it. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by kishimi8(m): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
tupem:
acquiring skills isn't free!

Acquiring skills can be free..

For example get a computer, and a flash drive, locate where computer gurus frequent, meet one introduce yourself and beg him for videos of any skills he has in his system . And he will give Cuz they give freely..

0r if you have access to Internet search for how to do any kind of stuff and it will be there online (even how to kill people de there )

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by austinbrown: 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
tpiander:

what kind of pictures did you toast her with?

and should you be engaging in casual sex anyway?

You dont go to church?
bros no be picture matter na money

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by freshness2020: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
obstead200:
so u left a paid job just to go sit at home?
Do u need any other definition of unemployable?
Chill bro..am not jobless. Working as a freelancer as an editor and doing business too. I am too wise to quit to nothing.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by obstead200(m): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
freshness2020:

Chill bro..am not jobless. Working as a freelancer as an editor and doing business too. I am too wise to quit to nothing.
sorry.
I saw ur post where u said u were doing biz much later. I was about to modify my comment.
May God bless ur hustle

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Physika(f): 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
kishimi8:

The poster actually avoided your comment, scheming to impoverish already poor and unemployed youths.

Lord have mercy.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by obstead200(m): 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
kishimi8:

thank u for telling them the truth
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by tupem: 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
kishimi8:

Acquiring skills can be free..

For example get a computer, and a flash drive, locate where computer gurus frequent, meet one introduce yourself and beg him for videos of any skills he has in his system . And he will give Cuz they give freely..!

0r if you have access to Internet search for how to do any kind of stuff and it will be there online (even how to kill people de there )
I will steal the computer if I don't have one Abi?!.....understand your point but your point isn't always the case.....daz all!
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
obstead200:
u sure spoiled the fun. I was hoping u sold it to guys and probably thought them how to use it. grin grin

Selling peniis to a guy?
Dude what have you been sucking?

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by obstead200(m): 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
Physika:

The poster actually avoided your comment, scheming to impoverish already poor and unemployed youths.

Lord have mercy.
don't mind that atikuman and his likes. Na thunder go fire them and that their stupid scam of a company. They will never see poor suffering Nigerians to swindle in their lives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers / Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees / Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.