Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? (42288 Views)

Surviving A Job Interview Loss / Career Tips:surviving Unemployment / Surviving In Present Day Nigeria: For The Ex-corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Opeyemi4real(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hmmm! As for me, m motherless though my dad is trying for me but the issue is my stepmother......not accommodating, wicked and do see me as a threat to her children in d family being d first child. I studied Geology, finished my NYSC in June 2014 but no job. All I do is following my dad to work being a land surveyor. In a month, I get max of like 4k from my dad and gf has been so supportive too! Now he asked me to obtain a masters form which have done. Just praying he won't change his mind cos that is his nature! In all, God has been so faithful!

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by RealBitch(f): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Tallesty1:
You don't have to be ashamed bro........

The story is the same everywhere.

Moms are just the best.

Being broke is something that I have experienced years ago and honestly, I would have died if not for my mom.

You know the saying that a bird at hand sure pass bah? Good, moms are the real angels I know, me no sure about those one bible talk aboutgringringringrin
just pointing sometn out here. Note to all guys, the moms y'all are singing praises of now we're once the young ladies y'all are bashing now.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by gmacnoms(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
F50:

My brother dont ask this type of question o! So that God would not be angry with us. I work for myself after resigning in 2013, since this year I haven't done any major contract but I haven't lacked anything...before money finishes in my account something from nowhere will just appear.

Sometimes I wonder how some people dont believe that God exists and is always with us no matter the prevailing physical situation.

Just do your part God is truly not sleeping. Try and see!
ehen? So d moni no get root? E will just appear in ur account? Wonderfull
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by moyosore27384(m): 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
Sylver247:
Unemployment is bad, no that's an understatement! Its a bondage sad. I don't know about others but its not been easy at all. Sometimes I feel for my fellow guys because we feel the bite more, a lady will always get money to take care of herself no matter what, but where will a guy get from? Even your friend, before he agrees to help you ehn, its like camel passing the eye of a needle angry

To fellow male job-seekers, how have you been coping with daily survival?
How do you get money for feeding, moving around, barbing your hair,buying personal effects and all that?
Please share your secrets, maybe others can adopt your method and be better off.
thanks to my parents for their understanding.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by kechywillz(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Guy,na my Papa and mama mm,na dem dey survive me,at a time i wanted to go start a small scale biz after ma service year,but ma dad voluntary told me to start M.sc program that his gonna sponsor me. When am broke,my dad gives me money and mostly my mom prays for me everyday.I no go forget dem wen i hammer, Baba God abeg give me a good job make i better their lives in Jesus name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Haboseyday(f): 11:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
engrshakespeare:

GNLD disciple ride on

God forbid GNLD, at least we at ORIFLAME don't deceive people with false job vacancies, we let know the real deal, if u r interested, gud, n if u r not also, gud 4 u.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by peter07(m): 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
A graphic operator/instructor is needed at Dreamland ICT,
preferably for a person living within Itamaga or Grammar school axis of Ikorodu, Lagos.
Text only name, location, computer skills to: 08071943738.(though not a graduate job)
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by iceprinxy(m): 11:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=29631 You can earn without any limits, it depends solely on your efforts and how much you work to promote your link. Many of the top members are earning more than 200$ per day and 5,000$+ per month 200$ is 39792 naira

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
gmacnoms:
ehen? So d moni no get root? E will just appear in ur account? Wonderfull

What I meant was that the next unexpected little job just comes unexpectedly...kind of keeping the train rolling till tomorrow. If you are a business man u would understand. Its not every business u accept to do, but when the market is very bad like during this election period. You tend to pray for the slightest opportunity...and what I mean is God has always made a way. No think am too much just have faith.

Any questions?
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
artisticallyart:

Feeding, ensure you look for owanbe in and around your neighborhood. Dress well (Native).

Moving around, well money is needed but dong menial job in your neighborhood such as carrying load, washing cars for neighbors, run few errands and if possible babysit and tutorials.....its survival of the fittest.

Barbing your head....the bible say wisdom is the principal thing, get it. You do not have money, styling your hair would be foolish so I would advice you barb Gorimapa alias skin( very pocket friendly).

The only personal effect you should have now is shaving sticks, roll on, perfume, a shirt(starched) ,trouser(Ironed), tie(neat) and shoes(polished) strictly for interview.

My advise to you.....don't dare toast any girl, do it at your own peril.

I remember when I just graduated.I asked a girl out.She told me blankly that I can't date her because I can't take care of her needs/wants.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by RuuDie(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
Sylver247:
Unemployment is bad, no that's an understatement! Its a bondage sad. I don't know about others but its not been easy at all. Sometimes I feel for my fellow guys because we feel the bite more, a lady will always get money to take care of herself no matter what, but where will a guy get from? Even your friend, before he agrees to help you ehn, its like camel passing the eye of a needle angry

How do you get money for feeding, moving around, barbing your hair,buying personal effects and all that?
Please share your secrets, maybe others can adopt your method and be better off.

Nice topic...
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by RuuDie(m): 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
benedima1990:
Am ashamed to say this but my mother is just the best.

No need to be ashamed... everybody needs someone to help them every now and then. Bless God for your mother and all other family members in Naija going out on a limb to help someone in need!
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
I can help if u wnt... Its up to u
EggovinMma:
Well, I ve been surviving.
Freelance marketing of peoples products. Recently i made a good profit selling off a friend's intimacy gadgets! !!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue.Got nothing less than 3k5 for each vibrators. Sold them like pure water!

My ex used to give me monthly change but since we broke up, another niggar has taken over tongue tongue tongue.

He hasn't been around so I'm thinking of a good plan to get money from him.This guy is too smart for my liking angry angry angry.I KNOW WHAT TO DO!*snaps finger*Afterall since more than two weeks he travelled, I have been faithful. I think I deserve a compensation for that. tongue

My dad , my brothers sends money to my account most times.I love them!
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by PasNina(m): 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
Talking about help from one's dad/mum ............... How about those that have lost both parents? Well; God is our strength. He sees to our needs.
#Grateful heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by hardychris(m): 12:23am On Oct 05, 2015
odaniel1:
I survive by punting! Playing realistic forecasts on Bet9ja has been my survival tool. I earn a minimum of N15k per month frm my bets. And that keeps me going in the search for a better opportunity in the labour market while it lasts!
and you say u re unemployed? Bro u'v got a job already, keep playing lol...
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by shollyboy2: 12:43am On Oct 05, 2015
Woooooow so many jobless people are on Nairaland ooo... well una better go start dey play sport bets... or go learn Yahoo, or go find link join bunkering .... I think those are the sure ways now... And be sef dey find the link.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 05, 2015
freshness2020:
Finished with a 2.1 in french yet no job. I jumped into video editing as an added skill yet coys refused to take me as an intern to gather experience. Doing business now. Nigeria go beta.
but they are secondary skools everywhere in need of French teachers nau.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Princess4eva(f): 2:35am On Oct 05, 2015
ignis:
Well, I will say arrogance and pride is the main cause of unemployment.
Better to be under employed than being unemployed. What stops a graduate from teaching in primary school/Learning handwork like Tailoring, Shoe making,Mexhanic/Recharge card business/Transport Biz etc

I concur. After graduation, I waited at home for 7years. How did I do it? I depended on family and my boyfriend then now my husband but I am not one to be comfortable not working or depending on people for survival. Even then, I do volunteer work for NGOs though it was not constant.

Talking about being underemployed, I was for some time. The primary school where I taught were paying me 21k. The story has changed now. I earn a 6 digit salary still in the same establishment. My salary has improved, Yes! but my earnings don't all come from the salary. I do private tutorials, I do bead, I sell Jewellery, I sell shirts plus contract to do supplies.

Lesson: Don't despise humble beginnings. Don't be afraid to start small. God bless your hustle.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by benitwater(m): 5:12am On Oct 05, 2015
benedima1990:
Am ashamed to say this but my mother is just the best.
same here.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by manie(m): 5:33am On Oct 05, 2015
freshness2020:
..I was teaching as a french teacher before. it was so stressful for me . A seul french teacher for 6 classes all day long with no day off.. I had to quit to get something better.
Well your case is better and quite different from most people on this thread. You are unemployed by choice and because you have alternatives, were teaching up to 35 periods in a week. I am sure some Nairalanders will not mind taking that 22k job for a start.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 05, 2015
F50:

What I'm saying is that there is no particular formulae for surviving without a job. Just have faith (a lot of it) and do what you do.

Understand?

Again you talked but said nothing? The OP asked how does he survive without a job meaning he has nothing doing and u said have faith and do what you do? This is the type of reasoning that has held people in abject poverty and tomorrow they start blaming their relatives in the village!
I feel out I must point out to you that it isn't mandatory for one to comment on a topic is deep deliberate thinking hasn't been employed toward any apparent answers offered
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by manie(m): 6:08am On Oct 05, 2015
F50:

What I'm saying is that there is no particular formulae for surviving without a job. Just have faith (a lot of it) and do what you do.

Understand?
Are you a graduate, have you done NYSC. Your NYSC allowance is a good seed capital. I did my NYSC in 1997 at Abeokuta, a fellow corper from FUTA believed nobody would employ him because he made a 3rd class in Electrical Engineering. The guy used his NYSC allowance to buy laminating machine, which batch A corpers used in laminating their discharge certificates. The profits made from lamination was used in buying a computer, he later got a place which he used as a business centre at Pansheke. From one phocopier and one computer, he grew to 6 computers and 2 copier as at the time we finished NYSC. He decided to stay back in Abeokuta after service. I used to frequent Abeokuta after NYSC because I had a babe in the town. Each time I visited Abk, I always checked on my guy and found out that his business was growing. He introduced computer training and later internet browsing to his clients and customers. The biggest break came when GSM was introduced, imagine making profits of about 5k on every line sold, he also diversified into sale of phones and computers. The last time I saw him in 2011 he now has 2 properties in town.One of the properties is a shopping complex, while the other has a bank as the tenant. All these happened within 13 years.

7 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by freshness2020: 6:36am On Oct 05, 2015
manie:
Well your case is better and quite different from most people on this thread. You are unemployed by choice and because you have alternatives, were teaching up to 35 periods in a week. I am sure some Nairalanders will not mind taking that 22k job for a start.
I make more than that now by God's grace.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by freshness2020: 6:39am On Oct 05, 2015
agongajoseph:
but they are secondary skools everywhere in need of French teachers nau.
Bros, shylock proprietors everywhere.. I taught in some schools and I know what I saw there. I am not unemployed now.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by engrshakespeare: 6:54am On Oct 05, 2015
Haboseyday:

God forbid GNLD, at least we at ORIFLAME don't deceive people with false job vacancies, we let know the real deal, if u r interested, gud, n if u r not also, gud 4 u.

You dont deceive with fake job vacancies but you tell people to register and start living the life of their dreams like money is that easy to make. Lies na lies no matter the type. Interested ke, dream on.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Walexcoded(m): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2015
iceprinxy:
http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=29631 You can
earn without any limits, it depends solely on your
efforts and how much you work to promote your
link. Many of the top members are earning more
than 200$ per day and 5,000$+ per month 200$ is
39792 naira

Ave u gotten ur own money cos I ave over $2000 in my Acct doesn't no Hw to go abt it .. I mean to complete d survey before be giving d money
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by SylarsMcQuins: 7:09am On Oct 05, 2015
Enangson:
yap
Bros drop ur whatsapp num or pin let's relate. December don dey reach
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Niftyrules(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2015
Sylver247:

Well i've not recieve salary for a year and 3 months now but God's grace has been sufficient.
Well apart from my certifications, I've been able to keep body and soul together with my creative skills in Photography and Writing. If you see me, never can you know that I've never recieved salary before.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by shezinton(m): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2015
deywarley:

That is a profession in itself. You don't need a job imho smiley

9ice bro....i wouldn't mind if can involve me...bet9ja...
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by dlex21(m): 7:33am On Oct 05, 2015
benjaminiyke:
Bro can we have a chat?
sure
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by ehinor11: 7:37am On Oct 05, 2015
adeememman:
@op, i will make few points here,
- Try and lay your hands on any work/business as long as its not crime and its productive.( I suggest you learn if you dont have idea on any craft/trade before now). I prefer craft to trade because it requires no capital/risk and the yield is higher. In short, acquire skills.:
- Dont be lazy in anything you do. What is worth doing should be done well.
- Dont be fooled by your education and certificates but rather apply it to get a better result.
- Always look for opportunities and utilize them fully.
- Believe in God.
And you will laugh last.
:

What advice will u give to a disable boy who has challenges in walking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees / 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.