Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure (59195 Views)

Malabu Oil Deal: Jonathan Breaks Silence On Bribe Allegation / Senate Rejects Buhari’s 2017-2019 Medium Term Expenditure Framework / Joshua Okpo Dies After Amaechi Ordered Probe Of N18bn Expenditure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by nigerianvenom(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
APC and lies are inseparable. Lying liars

I recalled quoting u to say i never believed the statement from el Rufa’i, cant recall if u replied.
So many things against gej were lies that were initated by APC lie factory, but i blame GEJ cos he hardly refute all d lies. He prefers to ignore them. I bet u if it were to be GEJ alone, he wouldn't have replied this el Rufai’s statement and the masses would have believe them(apc).

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by ajebuter(f): 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
Chai. This el Rufai can lie eh!

Na lie make him lips red like small pikin hermorroids and yansh-pile called jedijedi
grin
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by poiZon: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:
stalking stalker I don't have any for you... I'm not just gay...
so u dey fvck goats, cats, chickens join?
Chai......
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Themandator: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
Greyworld:
Can APC and PDP spoke persons (although el rufai isn't a spoke man) corroborate any story?

I can't believe that 64 billion story, watin dem buy?
Elrufai should either tell another lie or simply tell the truth.

The person who spoke is better plac3d than Metu. This is government not party affairs.. It is only in APC that party speaks for the government

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
poiZon:

so u dey fvck goats, cats, chickens join?
Chai......
keep editing my post moronic dumbass.pervert.
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
well, we expected them to deny it. same way they denied that Alison madueke embezzled public funds. No be so?
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by 400billionman: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Nigerians and overzealousness playing to gallery...

El rufai and Oshiomhole making mince meat of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by osimataylor(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
The FOI bill entails us to an un restrained access to this type of information.The GEJ spokesman has thrown a challenge to the office of the Secretary to gov of the federation,the onus is for people to go and find out the fact rather than dwell on the realms of speculation as dictated by our biased mindset.
handsomeclouds:
[size=30pt]Those of 2010 and 11 won't be at hand cos the figures were outrageous I suppose. And I wonder why 332 was divided by 5 years and not three years. PDP and lies.the average is 110 million for three years.... Didn't they take mathematics at school?
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Trackango: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
http://allafrica.com/stories/201006160294.html

https://www.nairaland.com/467264/proposed-breakdown-10billion-independence-day

This is the link to a 2010 article where it shows that 10bn was approved by Jonathan for independence day celebration

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by poiZon: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:
keep editing my post moronic dumbass.pervert.
chai.....
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by begwong: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[size=40pt]you no get eyes. There is nothing to believe in this foolish story . 107.6+45+180=332.6 divide the answer by 3 = 110.87. This is another lie from PDP. You guys have totally run out of ideas. The Sule who came up with these useless figures must show us his CERTIFICATE[/size]
The extra change was shared to us while the event was held at the eagle square, not like bubus o2n held in Asso villa parade ground on special Ivy. Na who dem spend the #70m on, anti bomb squad I guess

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by MabraO: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
PDP just lied
How can u spend #107.6million in 2012 den #45million in 2013 nd #180million in 2014
Which kind lie be this sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by FLYFIRE(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
bettercreature:
You people sound like you were born in 2015! what is wrong with you ?
Were you dead when GEJ was spending all the billion and why you can not go on google to verify his claim
And you that was born in the 50s, I hope you have not forgotten the USD2.8Billion bubu hid in his UK Midland account & the fact that abacha NEVER touched Nigeria's kobo... ZOMBIE
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[size=40pt]you no get eyes. There is nothing to believe in this foolish story . 107.6+45+180=332.6 divide the answer by 3 = 110.87. This is another lie from PDP. You guys have totally run out of ideas. The Sule who came up with these useless figures must show us his CERTIFICATE[/size]
Ur mumu no go let u see front
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by nickxtra(m): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by chigoizie7(m): 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[size=30pt]Those of 2010 and 11 won't be at hand cos the figures were outrageous I suppose. And I wonder why 332 was divided by 5 years and not three years. PDP and lies.the average is 110 million for three years.... Didn't they take mathematics at school?
[/size]

Go back and read well, it is for 3yrs , 2012 ---N107.6million, 2013 ---N45million ,2014 --- N180million. These are not 5yrs.

Even if it is N110million on average for the 3yrs, it is still very far from all those billions el-rufai mentioned.

They also gave u reasons why 2010 and 2011 are not included. Don't also forget that @ one point, 2013, N45million was spent, also far below our saints N70million,

Btw, N70millon is for one year, let us keep our fingers crossed and see how much will be spent on the coming years.

Why is it so hard for Nigerians to read well?.
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by babafinest(m): 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
Greyworld:
Can APC and PDP spoke persons (although el rufai isn't a spoke man) corroborate any story?

53rd independent day Jonathan bought 53 iPhone 5s worth #682 million.... Just phone alone...
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by phemmy26(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
The government of President Goodluck Jonathan sent a budget proposal of 10 billion Naira to the Nigerian National Assembly. The money is not for the maintenance of roads or to equip hospitals in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, neither is any significant portion of it to help the underprivileged or the educational sector - it is a budget meant for the celebration of Nigeria ’s 50th Independence anniversary on the 1st of October 2010.

1. Anniversary parade including march past, fleet review and aerial display - N950 million.
2. National unity torch tour - N350 million.
* Special visit to special homes, orphanages, prisons and hospitals - N50 million
3. Special session of the National Children Parliament - N20 million
4. Party for 1000 children - N20 million
5. Presidential banquet - N40 million
6. Calisthenics performance - N50 million
7. Cultural, historical and military exhibitions N310 million
8. Food week - N40 million
9. Secretariat equipment, accommodation, logistics and utilities - N320 million
10. Designing and unveiling of the 50th anniversary logo - N30 million
11. Special reports on Nigeria in both local and international media - N1.2 billion
12. Jingles, adverts, billboards, documentary and publicity - N320 million
13. Accommodation and Transportation of guests - N700 million
14. Production of branded souvenirs and gift items for foreign heads of state and erection of a coat of arms on Aso Rock - N450 million

Get the remaining from

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2010/06/itemised-10-billion-naira-budget.html

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by samscholes: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Baba joe no need to convince us we dat apc propaganda cannot fool,are with u they used buhari and his boko haram boys to destabilise your govt,the fake chibok gals scam, then they used to gather every morning on tinubu viewing centre(tvc) them lyin women if truly d gals are missing how kum they stopped discussing it,immediately their savior was elected and the leaders of bbog were compensated.I am not fooled am not saying u are a saint or innocent,but the fact that u don't condone spilling of innocent blood to further ur ambition has earned u my eternal gratitude,unlike ur rival that kills at will. And for u apc fool that will quote me nothing u can say will convince me i can see beyond the lies u av been fed with
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
chigoizie7:

Go back and read well, it is for 3yrs , 2012 ---N107.6million, 2013 ---N45million ,2014 --- N180million. These are not 5yrs.

Even if it is N110million on average for the 3yrs, it is still very far from all those billions el-rufai mentioned.

Why is it so hard for Nigerians to read well.
pls read well and get a calculator. Where did the sule man get the average of 66million if it is not the total of 2012,13 and 14 divided by 5 years instead of three years. And why was 2011 and 2010 not at hand. Obviously it was omitted to delude innocent Nigerians

http://www.nigeriancuriosity.com/2010/06/nigerias-50th-birthday-suspicious.html?m=1
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by babafinest(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=SenseiX post=38661335]So the Jonathan administration annual expenditure on independence was even far less than the much hyped one of Bubu.
The midget makes up for what he lacks in height with lies. He's a tall liar grin
[/quote...

Each of this iPhone 5s cost £50000....Jonathan bought 53 pcs on 53rd independent
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Greyworld: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
babafinest:

53rd independent day Jonathan bought 53 iPhone 5s worth #682 million.... Just phone alone...
It turned out 2 b a hoax. Sorry bro.
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by obiscolly(m): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
I just laughed when El-rufai published those figures and Nigerians were lashing Jonathan. People just call billions as if it's nothing. I wonder if people just sometimes take a pause to think logically about stories they hear or read. Tomorrow someone will come out and say $20 billion vanished into thin air. We just have a bunch of confused ignorant illiterates in this country and it's such a pity. People just look for every opportunity to blame the government for their current predicament by believing stupid and fallacious stories.
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by chigoizie7(m): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
MabraO:
PDP just lied
How can u spend #107.6million in 2012 den #45million in 2013 nd #180million in 2014
Which kind lie be this sef

Go back and read it well, if we are to go by the write up. 2013's budget was far above N45 million, but certain things happened that what it was budgeted for was did not happen, so it was carried over to 2014, in essence, it increased that of 2014 to N180million.
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by najoke: 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
eyesofgod:
Hmmmmm

...Since 1999, expenditure for Independence celebration, with the exception of the Yar’Adua administration (which was N62million), was shrouded in secrecy, each of them between N1billion and N6.6billion.

BD SUNDAY gathered that the late Umaru Musa Yar’adua did not plan a lavish 50th anniversary as he made no budget provisions for the Presidency, the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) or any other ministries

According to findings, Yar’Adua’s 2010 budget proposals to the National Assembly in November 2009 for the celebration of Nigeria’s 50th Independence anniversary in October 2010 was only N62 million. In this budget proposal, the government demanded N7.4 million for the Information and Communication Ministry to celebrate Independence Day, N52 million for the Interior Ministry and another N2.9 million for the Police Affairs Ministry.

But in 2010, Goodluck Jonathan raised this amount to a whopping N10 billion. The N10 billion proposal was contained in the 2010 Supplementary Budget proposal sent to the National Assembly by Jonathan. This attracted outcry and obloquy from Nigerians who saw this as indication that the government, which just came to power, would be wasteful. Following the outcry, this was reduced to N6.6 billion in July of that year.

While defending what was described as an outrageous budget, Olusegun Aganga, then minister of finance, said part of the money was tied to capital expenditure in preparation for the Independence celebration...

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=independence%20day%20celebration%20budget%202011&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjAIahUKEwjD27ndn6nIAhXmEXIKHeQ3Cu4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbusinessdayonline.com%2F2015%2F10%2Fel-rufais-expose-on-independence-anniversary-squandermania-elicits-outrage%2F&usg=AFQjCNHQjcNjVW0cnxBaPB3Sa_dToA6rnw&sig2=gQZJDIMHcIUc0ou_hBP4Ew

Even Aganga aknowledged public concern over a high allocation for the 2010 independence celebration.
Not to worry. As long as na Baba dey the truth will and must come out.

MizMyColi:

Alhaji Lafiaji!
Are you see what I am saw?

Cc:
Whynotthetruth
TonyeBarcanista
Truckpusher
Bloodkiller
Ecoterrors
Firefire
Mogidi

Kindly come here and witness an evil perpetrated by a human to another in broad daylight.

Verdammt!

no need, uu guys can run back to ur caves as it can be seen clearly that GEJ and PDP are LIARS

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by chigoizie7(m): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:
pls read well and get a calculator. Where did the sule man get the average of 66million if it is not the total of 2012,13 and 14 divided by 5 years instead of three years. And why was 2011 and 2010 not at hand. Obviously it was omitted to delude innocent Nigerians

http://www.nigeriancuriosity.com/2010/06/nigerias-50th-birthday-suspicious.html?m=1

Ok, so, that is the only one u saw(wrong calculations) but u also didn't see, 2013 @ N45million?
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by christinie(f): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
Only morons can believe APC lies/propaganda. I never believed that lie.
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by ibietela2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
koboko69:
A thread to make the wailers run unclad over the place.

First and formost....Yaradua only budgeted 62 million for the 50th celebration of independence but was kicked ro 10billion Naira in Jonathans regime. Do a search your self.

This is a saving face LIE from Jonathan

PROOF

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by mbulela: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
All politicians are clowns and I never defend any of them but if I was GEJ fan, i would advice him not to try exchanging words with El-Rufai in the media.
The man is like a bulldog who does not know when he is bitten. His venom is more poisonous than a snake and he rarely talks without facts.
His comeback will embarrass Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Excellentmind: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
It's only the gullible that doesn't know that El Rufai is very good at telling dangerous lies. But, one day his lies will hunt him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Forwetinnah: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
MizMyColi:
o o ohhhh
I knew it!
I hate it when folks play on my sensibilities.

I didn't comment on any of those threads, because I knew there would surely be a rebuttal.

El-Rufai justifies people who call him a midget. How can a human being have such penchant for lying.
To think that these are the people whom the baton of administration has been passed to is even more worrisome.

That man is plain evil, he has a brazenly disgusting character. People who desire to make a headway in life should avoid him.
His attitude is like a contagious cancer.

Tufiakwa!angry

...make i helep you pour spit too. Tuaaaaah for that short man

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Breaks Silence - El-Rufai Lied On Independence Expenditure by Toks2008(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
Greyworld:

I always warn people to be slow to judge whenever there is a press release or news concerning any event or person.

Most times wat we read can be totally falsified.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Visits Abuja Market (Photos) / Enugu Community Charging Station In Nkanu East LGA / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.