Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,323 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN (20799 Views)

The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / "Patience Jonathan To Run For Senate In 2019" - @JajaPhD / Proposed Immunity For Senate President, Speaker Etal: Dead On Arrival (DOA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Lincoln275(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Awon ole , mtchewwww
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by tuoyoojo(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Ok
Is it that NASS assembly are oblivious of their duties. They have other pressing issues pending, issues that affects the masses they claim to be representing but the truth is that they are there to represent their selfish interest

Its a big shame on NASS, if the ammendment is passed into law
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by denisbath(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2015
a
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 05, 2015
And they think that Buhari would sign the bill into law?

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by bigtt76(f): 7:05am On Oct 05, 2015
Always thinking about themselves first and not those that elected them #mtscheeeeeeew foolish people

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by ipain: 7:05am On Oct 05, 2015
May God strike them dead for such nonsense! angry
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by AhmadMind: 7:06am On Oct 05, 2015
[size=22pt] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Great Move..... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

>>> This will help us decide "Who Needs Immunity"......

AND

...............................I am guessing they will decide that it is Either ALL or NONE!! (it will be put to A Vote on the floor of the House)

I Pray that they raise A Debate THAT WILL LEAD TO THE REMOVAL OF IMMUNITY of ALL GOVERNORS grin grin grin grin

[/size]

ademega:
when we are clamoring for the removal of the govs and Co.
well done boys
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by slimfit1(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2015
Where in the world do you see immunity like that beem used and abused. Anybody making laws for us are supposed to be honest and free from criminal act that's why no law maker in the world get immunity.
We call them excellency don't we.

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by bayocanny: 7:09am On Oct 05, 2015
In a true federalism, there's nothing like immunity everyone is subjected and to abide with the rules of law. Atimes I wonder the type of leaders we have in this country they just twisting us around knowing fully well that democracy is all about people, we masses will bear the brunt cus they will continue to embezzle our money and claim to be covered by immunity.
In short, immunity is against the rule of law

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by franklingud(m): 7:10am On Oct 05, 2015
So that u ppl can steal all u can while u can, and go free abi?
#WeepForNigeria
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by bayocanny: 7:12am On Oct 05, 2015
slimfit1:
Where in the world do you see immunity like that beem used and abused. Anybody making laws for us are supposed to be honest and free from criminal act that's why no law maker in the world get immunity.
We call them excellency don't we.
I concur, I'm so ashamed of my dear nation
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:14am On Oct 05, 2015
Nigerians will definitely hit the street like they did during the subsidy removal protest of January 2012 and the BBOG.
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 05, 2015
icedfire:
really these APC is scam... after blaming PDP for 16years, see what that are offering Nigerians... how many bills or laws that affect the ordinary Nigerians are they making? instead they are too busy satisfying themselves. change indeed..

saraki face ur battles

shut up. is PDP idea in collaboration with Saraki mafia gang in senate

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by NoRetreat(m): 7:17am On Oct 05, 2015
omowolewa:
Immunity from what?!
Are they afraid of voting criminals who need immunity.

They should do so for the Speaker of each state house of Assemblies and Judges too. They should flow it down to the Chairmen too. They should immune INEC chairman and commissioners too and probably the service chiefs.

Kari-ile immunity.
Principals and vice principals, Headmasters, kings and chiefs, DPOs and Head hunters, market leaders and doctors. No one is responsible to anyone.

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Marcelinho(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2015
Let see the end
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Themandator: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2015
Yes. They should have it.... Nigeria's politics is something else.... Every one of them should be immunized against arrest until the end of their stay as Legislatures.
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by WHOcarex: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2015
Can you imagine? E nor go work. I will see to that, and I will personally ensure it doesn't.
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by homesteady(m): 7:20am On Oct 05, 2015
I've always thought about this issue! It doesn't make any sense for only the executive arm heads to have immunity!

If anybody is against it, he/she should also be clamoring for the total removal of immunity in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by ofala(m): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2015
These guys are not just THIEVES but anti-Nigeria.

When serious-minded persons like Late Pres Yaradua requested that his immunity be removed, to drive home his honesty; some rogues here want to cover some dirty asses with kangaroo immunity?

Mr Saraki's ill-fated ambition will consume him sooner than later.

...(I still ask this question: Saraki, did you lie or steal the money you are being accused for?)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by menxer: 7:21am On Oct 05, 2015
Naija politicians, always about self preservation in office.

If they had immunized themselves against corrupt practices before now, they won't be clamoring for immunity from the Law.
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by webshopng1(m): 7:21am On Oct 05, 2015
ok
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Themandator: 7:22am On Oct 05, 2015
Ioannes:
I guarantee the President won't sign that.

It doesn't matter... They will make it law themselves.

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by emeka2847: 7:22am On Oct 05, 2015
When people like El-Rufai are campaigning for removal of immunity for governors.

Some of the reasons why APC keeps saying Saraki and Dogara's presence may obstruct fight against corruption.
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by modath(f): 7:24am On Oct 05, 2015
omowolewa:
Immunity from what?!
Are they afraid of voting criminals who need immunity.

They should do so for the Speaker of each state house of Assemblies and Judges too. They should flow it down to the Chairmen too. They should immune INEC chairman and commissioners too and probably the service chiefs.

Kari-ile immunity.

You left out ministers,SAs,PAs, even councillors dey dia, dem offend you. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by IamThrive(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2015
Congrats,Law makers... I have been thinking how this law will affect a common man on the street since 1914. You guys are good at making laws that will favor you all in office going off the main purpose of which you were elected.

My question is: is this law coming up when Nigerians are seeing you guys as saints?

#NigeriansAreWatching
#2019TheDrawingBoard
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Ryda(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2015
akinzeb:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/nass-planning-immunity-laws-for-senate-president-speaker-cjn/

All this years hve they nt been enjoying d immunity, even whn it is meant for d Executive arms of govt
Hmmmm...walahi i shmell am po thievry grin
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by cana882(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2015
icedfire:
really these APC is scam... after blaming PDP for 16years, see what that are offering Nigerians... how many bills or laws that affect the ordinary Nigerians are they making? instead they are too busy satisfying themselves. change indeed..

saraki face ur battles
Does APC means national assembly?? Get sense, ona no go gree
APC or PDP, they are all thieves and we should look for a way to prosecute all of them. Immunity ko vaccination ni angry
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by blackpanda: 7:27am On Oct 05, 2015
You can always count on PDP to promote corruption, greed and impunity. Even after their massive defeat, they still have not learnt anything!

And dont tell me saraki is apc, because its pdp that orchestrated and benefitted from the whole saga

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by chronique(m): 7:27am On Oct 05, 2015
I see people screaming blue murder and crying wolf,but we're all forgetting something. This would never have been considered if not for the external interferance in the affairs of the national assembly. The way this APC govt is going about issues,they'd eventually leave Nigeria worse than they met it. Where we all are asking for immunity to be removed,the national assembly is busy adding people to the list of those immuned from prosecution,just because some people have refused to allow certain things be. They want to fight corruption but are gradually strengthening corruption. Smh.

1 Like

Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 05, 2015
Ioannes:
I guarantee the President won't sign that.
They don't need his signature.
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Bondesniger(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2015
Saraki................
Thats another distraction
Re: NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 05, 2015
Themandator:

It doesn't matter... They will make it law themselves.

How is that possible? the law doesn't work that way bro. the President has to sign it into law. That's why there are three arms of government, to check and counter balance one another.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Swears In Lawan, Others As Committee Chairmen / Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China / Hosea Ibi, Kidnapped Lawmaker Dies (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.