Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! (27034 Views)

World Teachers Day: Who Is That Teacher You Can Never Forget? / Who Is That Teacher You Can Never Forget? / Who Is That Teacher You Will Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by LebanonCedars2(m): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hmmm..., God has given me the grace to encounter great teachers who loved me and brought positive change to my life.

First to remember is Mr. Adeyeye of Anglican Grammar School, Ijare (my hometown). He rented an apartment from our house, I later got admission to the school where he taught Physical Education and he took me as his own son. I practically slept in his room and he trusted me with anything. Back then, nobody dare touched my among the student and teachers. "He's Adeyeye's son" they would say. We are still in touch (thank you soo much sir).

Then, I came to Lagos and enrolled at Festac Grammar School. A new principal was brought in; her name: Mrs. T.A. Bajulaiye. Whao! Without this woman, I would probably never have amounted to anything in life. When everybody saw nothing good in me, she saw something and took her time to help me discover myself. When there was no one to feed me, she would give me food. She loved me and took care of me just like her own child. Thank you so much ma, I will never forget all you did for me.

Note: Dear Nairalander, if there is anyone who knows how I can locate this principal of mine, please let me know. I have tried all I can to find her but I have not been able.

A couple of other teachers in Festac Grammar school joined the principal in helping me: Mrs. Campbell (vice-principal, academic), my straight forward and hard working Biology teacher, my English, and Mathematics teachers. God bless you all!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
preciousMI1:
my mom, my teacher.... she's d reason I was inspired into studying an educational course....
That's cool.

1 Like

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Yhemit(m): 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
So much indebted to my primary 5 teacher. We call him Baba,my agriculture science Mrs Olawoore and my able mentor economic teacher Mr Adeola . Anybody that attended Sharon Rose School in saki. Also wish my Mr beat hell,that's uncle soladoye. He almost thru me into cane addicted person,in which I will not go home with not being punished.
My mathematics teacher's (Oguntola, Hamzat n durojaiye) love you ppl. Thou I. Still hate math till now.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Emmykego:

Wow, that's my secondary school: Anglican Grammar School, Ubulu-Uku. Can't forget my history teacher: Mr. Abua, he made me fall in love with knowing what transpired years before. I owe much to Miss Oby, my General Paper teacher for believing in me, giving me 'liver'.

God bless my teachers!
You are on point bro. He taught me as well. It was actually a nice experience in that great school. I mr Idegwu too.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by economania(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Oh!our great principal M.A Omolewu of OIGS,may his gentle soul rest in peace.Mr salawu aka yoyo our english Teacher.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by apholaryn: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
quiinnBee:

gringrin see the way you're serious with it.
lol,just having fun na,tho some part of me is wishng I'm d cute teacher in question,only that I don't like teaching job.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by HardeyT: 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
I had many wonderful teachers. My teaching experience during service year made me appreciate my teachers more.
I can't forget my English teacher in SS2. He moved to my street and became friends with my Dad. This man thought the best day to come n discuss my terrible result with my parent was Christmas day. Sighting him in my house that evening made me remorse immediately. I heard the sermon of my life that day. I had to take extra lessons in almost all subjects the following term. Thankfully, my 2nd term result was a great improvement over the 1st. He came back to advice my dad I should drop the extra lessons. I didn't disappoint his trust that I could stay without the lessons. The 3rd term was really impressive. Unfortunately he died after marking our 3rd term exams.
It's been 11 years and I still carry that confidence that with God I can learn anything so well as long as I put my heart told it.

1 Like

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Haywhymido(m): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hmm, mrs lawal takes it. My english n lit. teacher. Respect to u ma, still cant forget dose days with u in class. Happy teachers' day Ma
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
apholaryn:
lol,just having fun na,tho some part of me is wishng I'm d cute teacher in question,only that I don't like teaching job.
Awwwgrin
either ways.its all good
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ambjosh:

Bro, sure you schooled in naija?
[email] Yeah, but I didnt stay long in any of the sch I attended. [/email]
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by darichlife: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
Government teacher Mr Martins. Always with his fan belt only inThe most notorious class in sad school D class don't know why I was always in D class right from primary school. everything about us gragra. Mr Martins will protest to vigilate our class on mathematics day. He Will say if I catch u exporizing I will bambooze you. He made us love government he is very patient and full of analysis
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Alexander001(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
mr Ekeneme my mathematics teacher and mrs osakwe physics teacher. God bless u guys.. not forgetting mrs ijeoma everybody that attended fggc ikot ekpene can testify the wickedness of this woman... I rep fstc awka
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by wolewole200(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
What a wonderful thread!

I have to give that to Mimi(I don't know her real name), the proprietress of Ijamido Nur/pry school, oju-ore, ota. I was one of the pioneer pupils in 1984 God really used her to mould my life academically especially in dictations and spellings. In her honour, I will be organising a spelling bee competition to mark my next birthday. Wherever you are ma (I don't even know if she is still alive) may you continue to increase.

Next is Mr Fafunwa, our senior school Maths teacher then in AUD Comprehensive College, Ota, who made me fall in love with the subject again after Mr Babatunde of the junior school had done all within his power to make us hate the subject. Mr Fafunwa made maths easy.

Mr Lanke, Chemistry teacher then at Ore Community high school was also excellent. When there was no Physics teacher he also stepped on board to help. He encouraged me to be the best I can ever be. God bless you sir and your generations to come.

And to my parents, the greatest teachers on earth. Though illiterate yet highly educated. You shall live to eat the fruit of your labour.

I am a wolewole!

1 Like

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by AtandaAtiAdisa(f): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
lots of love to all my teachers in iganmode nur and primary school and iganmode grammar school sango otta. All ur efforts made me what i am today. Thank you all and May God bless you.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by malonephill(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
Shoutout to my mum, she's a teacher, she taught me my best subject economics, love you maale wink

Happy teachers day
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Shaadey: 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
mrtopeqs:

ALERT, SPACE BOOKER SIGHTED grincheesy
lol....izx allowed. ..I've modified it oh
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nelsizzy:
Mr Tunde. I still dey remember the cane wey u flog me when u ask me make i draw Lion as pratical. No b my fault say the lion resemble goat na angry

My dear no b ur fault.... grin grin grin
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by hidee20(m): 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
quiinnBee:
my class teacher.he was so cute and he had a crush on me.so grin

So did he arrived at Jerusalem safely at least once? grin grin

1 Like

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
Adaahjacob:
My English teacher. I kissed her at tender age.

U just rotten from small pickin. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
kossyablaze:
Auntie Oby!she's very wicked.Flogs recklessly...she's childless till date...I av 4givn her tho.

So na u tie her Belle?? Huh undecided undecided
Wetin consine her childlessness with ur forgiveness?? undecided undecided
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Shinelle(f): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
Infact it was like they selected all our teachers in my school (School for the Gifted,Abuja)... truly gifted!!

had couple of noteworthy teachers back then but those whose impact are too good to be forgotten are gone to the great beyond...

Mallam Idris my Jss 3 (I owe my math knowledge to you)..

Mr OluSola my SS1 government teacher, though he died quite suddenly, I still recall the way he taught all the numerous 'isms' of government till it became clear even to dunces. . .

Mr Nwoke, further maths teacher... a simple joke of his 'welcome to the club' when I told him I had lost my dad was all I needed to smile and get over grief.. lol..

rest in peace to you all.. always in our hearts.

2 Likes

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by kossyablaze(m): 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
miszeno:

So na u tie her Belle?? Huh undecided undecided
Wetin consine her childlessness with ur forgiveness?? undecided undecided
noooo o...watz ur fb username lemme add u zeno

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Princess4eva(f): 9:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
I remember with nostalgia my teacher in Aje Methodist primary school, Sabo Yaba, primary 4, Mr Tunde Ogundimu. He also taught me in pry 5. He was a young man then, a bachelor who was still in school himself. His love and care for children surpassed that of a nursing mother. He had this big bucket - like container that he uses to make tea. He will go round and serve everyone. He never eats anything alone still I am yet to see any teacher as strict as he was. He ran the class like a company, everyone has responsibilties and without prompting we did our tasks. Anywhere you are Uncle Tunde, as we used to address him, may you find the favour of God.

I also acknowledge Mr Olaleye, his strategy of streamlining helped me to be able to read till today. God bless our teachers.

1 Like

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
hidee20:

So did he arrived at Jerusalem safely at least once? grin grin
he never did.he was that good tongue
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by masties2(f): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
Mr Fowowe of read and write club. St. Mary Grammar School, Iwo Osun state. He encouraged me in my love for books and the school library. Thank you sir and God bless.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by webshopng1(m): 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
Amoo Mr

Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by lekan29ice(m): 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
They are much, Mr Alex my economics teacher, my agricultural science and Mr Yusuf (maths teacher) who taught me for free of no charge during extra classes... My God reward you all
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by ifeojobas(f): 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
The Late Mr Femi Akinte.....AFSS, Ikeja. The one who would make you laugh so much that you would be out of breath while still teaching in such a way that you would understand. The world definitely misses you on days like this! Rest in Peace sir.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
I appreciate all the teachers who have taught me to make me who I am today.I can't forget my Pry 3 form teacher,men! that lady is so caring.So painful that I can't recall her name.And to my Secondary School teachers,they all rock.
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by itzMizELo(f): 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ambjosh:
Today the 5th day of October is generally marked as a day for teachers in Nigeria. In the spirit of that, let's use this opportunity to remember that remarkable teacher that impacted our lives either positively or the other way round. I'll go first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mr Tofa, once in Ang. Grammar School, somewhere in Delta. Thank you for contributing to what i am today. Infact I'll classify you as a " a teacher without border" lol. There is barely a subject he can't teach you. Thanks also for always tearing my back with those your rafia cane. lol now i know the importance. Happy Teachers Day to you sir!!!!!
Let's keep the ball rolling. Share yours!

is it d 1 @ okpara watersy?d
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by hoodmenconcepts: 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
Mrs Oni. my primary school teacher.. Miss u and God bless you and your family anywhere you are... Gbammm
Re: That Teacher You Can Never Forget!!!!! by itzMizELo(f): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ambjosh:
Today the 5th day of October is generally marked as a day for teachers in Nigeria. In the spirit of that, let's use this opportunity to remember that remarkable teacher that impacted our lives either positively or the other way round. I'll go first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mr Tofa, once in Ang. Grammar School, somewhere in Delta. Thank you for contributing to what i am today. Infact I'll classify you as a " a teacher without border" lol. There is barely a subject he can't teach you. Thanks also for always tearing my back with those your rafia cane. lol now i know the importance. Happy Teachers Day to you sir!!!!!
Let's keep the ball rolling. Share yours!

is it d grammer skul @ Okpara watersyd?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused / UNIBEN Pharmacy Student Incarcerated Unjustly, Please Help! / Unizik Cut- Off For 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.