Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Feminism: What It Actually Is. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism: What It Actually Is. (2944 Views)

Is It Actually Every Man That Can Be Controlled By A Woman? / Feminism!!!! What Its All About And How To Handle Them! / 10 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Is Lying To You About (and She Actually Is) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by lezz(m): 11:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
Vinshu:

No male is above me! I don't know about other females. But no male is above me. Not today not ever.
No human is above any other. Every human is equal in value, dignity and worth. In authority however, you are under your husband.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Vinshu(f): 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
lezz:
No human is above any other. Every human is equal in value, dignity and worth. In authority however, you are under your husband.

No I am not. Sorry.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by lezz(m): 11:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Vinshu:

No I am not. Sorry.
Very well then. Spoken as a true feminist.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Vinshu:

Does it matter? Sir?

Let's focus on the topic not me. Thanks
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. I want to know because she doesn't look bad for a gender equality advocate. That's so dodgy.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
There should b a difference between *feminism* nd *girl power*

All i see today is girl power wat is it??
If a man get sued for starring at a woman
A woman shd b sued for starin at a man
Thats wat sounds like equality

Feminism is about equality of both genders
Girl power is wen girls are been favoured while d male suffers for it
M a feminist bt i demand equality nd not girl power
Wat ever sacrifice d male av to pay for the female shd b made to pay for it

Bou male above female
Female above male it shd b equal too
U wana b below a man ur choice above a man ur choicr it shdnt b forced on any one d gays nd lesbians av forced enof on us nd transgenders

Feminist shd quit dia rubbish girl power nd face d hardship wit d men

As a feminist u drop equal amount in d relationship
U put equal amount of effort

If a guy is jailed for rapping a girl shd b jailed for tempting the guys a guy shd b able to sue a girl for indecent dresing dats equality of d sexes abeg
Not girl power thats rubbish!!!!

1 Like

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 06, 2015
lezz:
Very well then. Spoken as a true feminist.
Somebody like that Vinshu will love her husband so much not to make a little mistake that will allow him divorce her. Claiming feminism on the pages of virtual world is easy not in the bedroom. Go on Vinshu! Bwahaha...

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Fkforyou(m): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2015
Hmmmm......

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:
I agree with the OP to an extent.

I am a feminist. A true feminist. I laugh at ladies who claim to be feminists when they do not know what it means. Most ladies think feminism is a hate for men or an anti-male thing or an excuse to be a lesbian but it is about equal rights.

We do not hate men neither are we anti-male, we want equal rights, equal respect anywhere we go. We should not be regarded as "properties" or "tools" in the sight of males. We should be equal to an extent even in marriages.

Also equality in business, politics and other aspects of life.

Not only in Mexico, even in Lithuania and Cyprus, a female can accuse a man staring at her for more than 10 seconds for assault and/or sexual harassment. It's the law. In these places you rarely hear stories of rape, husbands beating wives.. etc. Because they are punishable offences. This is what we want worldwide. not in one country or one state.

But i do not see this being accomplished anytime soon in parts of the world such as Africa where women are seen as subjects or props in the sight of men and these women are comfortable with it. Then I do not see equality on its way.
This is beyond ridiculous. do you know how short ten seconds is? with this kind of law, men won't even look at women again. see a woman, stare at something else.
and you say you want this all over the world?

this is just crazy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:

No male is above me! I don't know about other females. But no male is above me. Not today not ever.
what about a random male who is . . .

1. older than you.
2. stronger than you are.
3. more intelligent.
4. faster mentally and physically.

would you still consider such a man . . . below you?

this is one of the annoying mistakes feminists do make. in your desperate attempts to achieve equality, you have thrown fairness away. why do you think there are separate teams for genders in sports like football and wrestling? you think they do it because they are sexist? no . . . damn it . . . they do it because men are above women in violence and strength and equality doesn't apply in all situations. see? even you are sexist. so because the individual is a man, he has no right to be above you, despite the fact that he may be better than you in all ramifications? i not against you being a feminist . . . but i don't like your flavour. angry

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by UncleJudax(m): 3:17am On Oct 06, 2015
all4naija:

Somebody like that Vinshu will love her husband so much not to make a little mistake that will allow him divorce her. Claiming feminism on the pages of virtual world is easy not in the bedroom. Go on Vinshu! Bwahaha...
Like halfrica wrote up there...I say Vinshu is only after girl power...female dominating male. Shikena!

She claim to be a 'true' advocate of equality but wants men world over to be jailed for staring at a woman? What happens when a woman stares at a man? Oh well, nothing. Afterall she is doing him a favour #MaybeSheLikesHim

Apparently she is equal with her husband...at the same time he doesn't necessarily take care of her needs. Confused enough?

I laugh!

1 Like

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:

Well, I am a feminist and I am in a loving relationship with my HUSBAND! (I'm married) .

Though he does not take care of ALL MY NEEDS because we are both working and we are helping each other and take care of each other's needs.

Hope your husband is comfortable with the fact that both of you are equal in the marriage and he is not the head of the family. Neither does he have authority over you.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 06, 2015
halfrica:
There should b a difference between *feminism* nd *girl power*

All i see today is girl power wat is it??
If a man get sued for starring at a woman
A woman shd b sued for starin at a man
Thats wat sounds like equality

Feminism is about equality of both genders
Girl power is wen girls are been favoured while d male suffers for it
M a feminist bt i demand equality nd not girl power
Wat ever sacrifice d male av to pay for the female shd b made to pay for it

Bou male above female
Female above male it shd b equal too
U wana b below a man ur choice above a man ur choicr it shdnt b forced on any one d gays nd lesbians av forced enof on us nd transgenders

Feminist shd quit dia rubbish girl power nd face d hardship wit d men

As a feminist u drop equal amount in d relationship
U put equal amount of effort

If a guy is jailed for rapping a girl shd b jailed for tempting the guys a guy shd b able to sue a girl for indecent dresing dats equality of d sexes abeg
Not girl power thats rubbish!!!!

Unfortunately the equality you seek is neither achievable nor justifiable. Men and women were created differently, man was created first, to be the leader, the stronger one, the head. Woman was created because the man couldn’t exist alone, he needed a helper a supporter. Nature endowed them separately. One was has strength, agility, ego, ruggedity, and temper. The other has finesse, guile and beauty. Can you perform the same physical tasks as a man of your own age? Can you beat your younger brother in a fight? When living conditions are terrible, who would mostly survive?. During war and disaster relief the emphasis is on protecting women and children, why? How many countries have nearly equal number of men and women in their military or in politics?

My dear gender equality is a pipe dream, it is not achievable because the inequality is nature's doing. There will always be morning before afternoon.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:

Lemme ask a hypothetical question. Suppose you live in an unsafe neighbourhood with a pair of twins, a boy and a girl, both 20 years old. If you need something urgently at about 8pm in the night, and you need to send someone out, who would it be, the boy or the girl?
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:

Lemme ask a hypothetical question. Suppose you live in an unsafe neighbourhood with a pair of twins, a boy and a girl, both 20 years old. If you need something urgently at about 8pm in the night, and you need to send someone out, who would it be, the boy or the girl? In terms of security, what would inform your choice?
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Vinshu(f): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2015
smiley Lol... God help us females.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Vinshu(f): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2015
dicefrost:

Lemme ask a hypothetical question. Suppose you live in an unsafe neighbourhood with a pair of twins, a boy and a girl, both 20 years old. If you need something urgently at about 8pm in the night, and you need to send someone out, who would it be, the boy or the girl? In terms of security, what would inform your choice?

I would send the guy. That is what you want me to say right? smiley
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2015
HELLO LADIES, MY NAME IS MFON I HAVE VERY AFFORDABLE VIRGIN HAIR OF ALL ORGINS: BRAZILIAN, INDIAN, PERUVIAN, RUSSIAN, MONGOLIAN AND PLENTY MORE. I CAN DELIVER OR SHIP THE HAIR TO YOU. I HAVE A GREAT BUNDLE DEAL GOING ON RIGHT NOW STARTING AT 20K. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO BBM: 5908E5FE WHATSAPP: +19518700026 THANK YOU
MFON
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 06, 2015
UncleJudax:

Like halfrica wrote up there...I say Vinshu is only after girl power...female dominating male. Shikena!

She claim to be a 'true' advocate of equality but wants men world over to be jailed for staring at a woman? What happens when a woman stares at a man? Oh well, nothing. Afterall she is doing him a favour #MaybeSheLikesHim

Apparently she is equal with her husband...at the same time he doesn't necessarily take care of her needs. Confused enough?

I laugh!

What does a "Metaphor" mean.

She never said her husband does not take care of her needs. She was replying the person who asked if the husband takes care of all.

A true feminists would not allow the husband to handle all her requirements. Because she does not find herself as a liability. Read her post again she said "all" not just her needs.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2015
In my opinion. There is nothing wrong in feminism. The males saying that women should do the hard work they do in the name of feminism. Why can't you go through the stress of training a child (the mother way), or even child birth?

The truth is, there cannot be 100% equality. Nature has done it that way. There is big and small. There is rich and poor. There is brilliant and stupi*d. But I understand what the true feminists are advocating for which I feel they should have. At least basic equality because in most parts of the world there is no respect for women which is sad.

Now I notice Vinshu, she seems adamant on this feminism and from my diagnosis, she has been a feminists from her childhood for one reason left unknown to others. She appears successful, comfortable and rich and can do away with anybody at anytime (male or female, husband or brother) that is what keeps the feminism going for her even in her marriage. For a lady to say she is not under her husband you know she is not just lady.

But my advice for her is this: Feminism is good move. But it's being abused and it won't take women anywhere. Women cannot be 100% equal to men. This would generate to a hate rally soon when women start cutting throats of men they see. Women are getting their fair share in society. Is a woman not contesting for presidency in the U.S?

Even God himself put a man first before he put the woman. Please understand that.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Vinshu(f): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2015
Strahovski:

Now I notice Vinshu, she seems adamant on this feminism and from my diagnosis, she has been a feminists from her childhood for one reason left unknown to others. She appears successful, comfortable and rich and can do away with anybody at anytime (male or female, husband or brother) that is what keeps the feminism going for her even in her marriage. For a lady to say she is not under her husband you know she is not just lady.

Even God himself put a man first before he put the woman. Please understand that.

Neither success nor worth nor status drives the feminism in me.

God created a man first does not mean anything.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:

Neither success nor worth nor status drives the feminism in me.

God created a man first does not mean anything.

OK I'm sorry ma.

Good luck
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Vinshu(f): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2015
Strahovski:

OK I'm sorry ma.

Good luck

Lol. Thanks. If you understand feminism you should join us.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by UncleJudax(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2015
Strahovski:

What does a "Metaphor" mean.

She never said her husband does not take care of her needs. She was replying the person who asked if the husband takes care of all.

A true feminists would not allow the husband to handle all her requirements. Because she does not find herself as a liability. Read her post again she said "all" not just her needs.
Metaphor or Euphemism, I expected her to halve the marital responsibilities. #equality

Like I said, and as you conveniently overlooked, she is all about girl power. Read her again.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by UncleJudax(m): 9:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Strahovski:
In my opinion. There is nothing wrong in feminism. The males saying that women should do the hard work they do in the name of feminism. Why can't you go through the stress of training a child (the mother way), or even child birth?

The truth is, there cannot be 100% equality. Nature has done it that way. There is big and small. There is rich and poor. There is brilliant and stupi*d. But I understand what the true feminists are advocating for which I feel they should have. At least basic equality because in most parts of the world there is no respect for women which is sad.

But my advice for her is this: Feminism is good move. But it's being abused and it won't take women anywhere. Women cannot be 100% equal to men. This would generate to a hate rally soon when women start cutting throats of men they see. Women are getting their fair share in society. Is a woman not contesting for presidency in the U.S?

Not every married woman is under her husband. That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with feminism. Many rich and powerful women control their husband.

Besides, it is never about what she says but what she does. You don't know her. She na she marry the man?

Feminism is a smokescreen. What women want are control over men and selective equality. #relate
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:

I would send the guy. That is what you want me to say right? smiley

But why not the girl?
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by UncleJudax(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2015
dicefrost:

Hope your husband is comfortable with the fact that both of you are equal in the marriage and he is not the head of the family. Neither does he have authority over you.
Talk is so cheap brother. She says what she would like to happen, not reality.
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by lezz(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2015
all4naija:

I notice how she careful dodges question or references of her husband. Don't mind her.

All these Internet faceless feminist who are stuck fish in the real world would be forming something else online.

Her feminism is as fake as her DP.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by dubylhover(m): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Vinshu:
I agree with the OP to an extent.

I am a feminist. A true feminist. I laugh at ladies who claim to be feminists when they do not know what it means. Most ladies think feminism is a hate for men or an anti-male thing or an excuse to be a lesbian but it is about equal rights.

We do not hate men neither are we anti-male, we want equal rights, equal respect anywhere we go. We should not be regarded as "properties" or "tools" in the sight of males. We should be equal to an extent even in marriages.

Also equality in business, politics and other aspects of life.

Not only in Mexico, even in Lithuania and Cyprus, a female can accuse a man staring at her for more than 10 seconds for assault and/or sexual harassment. It's the law. In these places you rarely hear stories of rape, husbands beating wives.. etc. Because they are punishable offences. This is what we want worldwide not in one country or one state.

But i do not see this being accomplished anytime soon in parts of the world such as Africa where women are seen as subjects or props in the sight of men and these women are comfortable with it. Then I do not see equality on its way.

in that Lithuania nd Cyprus,can a man also accuse a female of sexual harrasment for staring more that than 10 secs?

if no,then feminism in that context advocates for female superiority not equality
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
lezz:
I notice how she careful dodges question or references of her husband. Don't mind her.

All these Internet faceless feminist who are stuck fish in the real world would be forming something else online.

Her feminism is as fake as her DP.

After reviewing the full thread. She is not dodging questions of her husband but actually ignoring it! Someone said "Mention one married feminist" and she mentioned herself does not mean you should derail the topic to her marital life or her husband. So she has to ignore it. As i see everyone is facing her and her husband on the thread not really discussing the subject matter. #Nigerians

Back to the matter: In my own opinion, feminism is nonsense! this is men's world. Feminists do not want equality but superiority over the men! so its trash in my own view. I saw a poster which wrote "Do not tell me how to dress. Tell them not to rape" seriously? That is feminism? lol hahahaha

Off Topic: I left business section come romance shocked shocked shocked shocked wetin i dey find sef. grin
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
dubylhover:

in that Lithuania nd Cyprus,can a man also accuse a female of sexual harrasment for staring more that than 10 secs?

if no,then feminism in that context advocates for female superiority not equality

God bless you brother
Re: Feminism: What It Actually Is. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
UncleJudax:

I laugh!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i follow u nd laugh

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Always Sleep Naked / Would You Allow Your Girlfriend Rock This Snake Type Of Hairstyle? / 42 English Words Only Known To Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.