Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting (36336 Views)

I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife / Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 7:15am On Oct 10, 2015
Is it only little girls that wear inappropriate age clothing. Little boys nko?

Oya o bukatyne
cococandy
coogar
and other argumentators

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by bukatyne(f): 7:36am On Oct 10, 2015
I don see am for SAMBARRY'S hand grin

@The boys: their clothes are decent BUT some are very age inappropriate.

Those styles would look very sharp on the boy's father or uncle.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 7:40am On Oct 10, 2015
bukatyne:

ehen.the boy is 3 years o wink

oya show me what a 3-5year old boy should be wearing cheesy
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 7:44am On Oct 10, 2015
Bukatyne oya o am waiting while you see this

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 7:46am On Oct 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Is it only little girls that wear inappropriate age clothing. Little boys nko?

Oya o bukatyne
cococandy
coogar
and other argumentators
Those boys are nicely dressed now.
Na wa for you o cheesy
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by cococandy(f): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2015
bukatyne:

I don't even think any of them looks age inappropriate
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 7:54am On Oct 10, 2015
I'm tired of you people emphasizing on little girls. You people to should address little boys matters to

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 7:58am On Oct 10, 2015
cococandy:

Those boys are nicely dressed now.
Na wa for you o cheesy
exactly my point. I like kids looking trendy yet kiddish.they look stunning yet the innocent look is still there

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 8:02am On Oct 10, 2015
cococandy:

gbam. The point is that you should be looking at them from the fashionable point of view rather than sexual point of view. They're kids for crying out loud. Wetin consain them with srx

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by bukatyne(f): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
cococandy:

They are too fashion conscious for their age

But again, these are pictures and they magnify things....

I am sure in real life, these children would not look like this.

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by MusingsOfALady: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
Again Sexualization is not all about clothes!

The boys are ok and well dressed but they are models so they fly their collars and strike different poses. The accessories like chains, sunshades etc are uncalled for except your child is modeling too.

However if your child walks around striking poses, pouting, stuffing his hands in his pockets etc then your child is showing a tendency to be vain and shallow.

Self acceptance and confidence is important but a good solid character is more important, lets deemphasize looks at this age.

7 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
bukatyne:

They are too fashion conscious for their age

But again, these are pictures and they magnify things....

I am sure in real life, these children would not look like this.
yeah you're right. Pictures tend to over exaggerate things cheesy

but I've seen some fashion conscious kids that their moms overdress in church on Sundays sha however it depends on parents and their different ways of bringing up kids

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
You can't see kids pouting and showing swag na.even this sweedish 3 year old kid is just striking different poses based on what his mom asked him to do for the camera
MusingsOfALady:
Again Sexualization is not all about clothes!

The boys are ok and well dressed but they are models so they fly their collars and strike different poses. The accessories like chains, sunshades etc are uncalled for except your child is modeling too.

However if your child walks around striking poses, pouting, stuffing his hands in his pockets etc then your child is showing a tendency to be vain and shallow.

Self acceptance and confidence is important but a good solid character is more important, lets deemphasize looks at this age.

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 6:51am On Oct 11, 2015
Anyway kids should have their own sense of fashion too @ bukatyne.

check this girl out. Abi this ones too are too "fashion conscious" for thier age

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
toxic childhood. Palmer
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by tigonana: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
i tire for some parent.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by oluwaisaac(m): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Another Nigerian with common sense; God bless you. At least, I now have hope for my own children when I have them...because with your children as role models around us, I can relax in the neighbourhood!

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
bukatyne:
@OP:

100% on point.

Makeup/weaves/bum shorts/nail polish/dangling earrings etc etc are not for kids. I can't even wrap my head round the cr.az.y dance steps kids do in birthday parties and other gatherings undecided

Kids have this innocent beauty that should be preserved at ALL COSTS.

Kids here is the range 0 - 16 kiss

True
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by deetomee: 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
MusingsOfALady:

http://oluseyeigbafe..com.ng/2015/09/sexualization-of-children.html

Being a Parent involves sacrifice. You will need to avoid listening to such music where your children are.

If not for anything that above said it all, not just what parents isten to but the Life style parents marry will go along way to influencing a child either positively or negatively
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
nickishire:
I see nothing wrong with with kids wearing bum shorts but i dont approve of them watching such music channels cos of the high level of immorality in music videos.

See how conflicting and hypocritical ur comments are..... It is clear that you were trained in such manner....
Sorry but no offence intended

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
GHoJes:
Honestly i dont know what to make of the said parents. I think it is the wanting to be modern, allowing their kids make their own choice regardless of it been bad. Majority of the today parents are very laid back on discipline and morals, it is even worse that the spiritual leaders they look up to are not better. During this last summer break, i had a Sex talk with the pre-teens in a particular Church, all the kids where well dressed except for one girl with a killer bum short. I specifically cautioned her not to wear it outside her house again only to find out she is the pastor's daughter few days later.
Though not an excuse,some of raped children wore provocative dresses that triggered images in the mind of the paedophiles, sometimes, it is one wore days before the actual rape.
My neighbor,a lady can't buy anything that is not skimpy for her 1 year old daughter. most parents encourage their daughters dress that way. Mothers are to be blamed for this

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by wtfCode: 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
this topic needs to be on air.
most parents are actually the ones that spoils their children without even knowing it, and this is because of westernization,the kinda movies we watch(nollywood aint even helping matters all).
i remember in my kid days,you will hardly see movies that contain sexual materials and all that while parents of then have their own movies to watch while the kids are away.
imagine when i visited my uncle at abuja last 3 weeks, me and the little kids were watching a movie,it happens that they've watched it b4,and a part or scene that contains romance and se.x was about to show up...to my greatest surprise, one of the kids that's barely 9 years old said,"hey look,they are going to have sex now"...while i was like shocked shocked shocked shocked wtf.
but back then i'd probably covered my eyes...

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
chill.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Amhappy(f): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thank you Op for this topic. Dressing children decently is very important. I once cautioned one woman about it in church and she stopped dressing her kids that way. She never saw it as wrong was just following the trend.

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
freecocoa:
While I agree that it's less than ideal to dress up kids in the manner presented, let us refrain from saying it's "provocative" there is nothing provocative about kids when it comes to pedophiles for feck's sakes, a peadophile is already sick, will strike at any opportunity he/she gets, so how a kid is dressed has absolutely nothing to do with it.

We shouldn't dress kids as adults because they are kids and should be treated as such, it is that simple.
if sum1 asked me if you said anything meaningful I'd say No....

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by odeyemilizzy(f): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
Most parents re lost when it cumz 2 perental guidance 4 d children it doesn't matter d economic of nigeria parents shuld still va quality tmy wit dere children even d bible said train up ur child in d way he shuld grow nd wen he grow he will nt depart 4rm it. Mother in cote train of ur child nt until children wears rubbish b4 der kn fashion end time
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Vikto: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
Mothers who were abused as young girls inadvertently set up their children for the same thing, even without the unsuspecting fathers being conscious of it.
Notice such mothers wear dresses with their breast almost falling out of the dress. Check out what most of them wear when going to drop the children in school. It could be repulsive at times.

3 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by kuzee(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
Do you want to know the reason why..
it is coz it aint your biz, everyone got their life to live with.. 1tim 4 saith, mind your biz..
if you wnt to preach to kids or parent , go ahead. .
Get your Casio Edifice , Diesel, Armani and Mechanical chronograph Tourbillion watch at an affordable price,visit link at signature
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Acidosis(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Women and hypocrisy are like bread and butter.

A woman that wears make-up, earrings, bum shorts, etc should be ready to give same attire to her daughter. You can only give what you have.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Acidosis(m): 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
Some parents have turned these innocent kids to olosho. Why won't her teacher toast and manipulate her body when all you think about as a parent is how to make her look "posh," polish" and sexy.

Sexy kids now whine their bum-bum grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Weird Experience Have You Had With A Pregnant Woman? / Man Impregnates Wife’s Friend 3 Months After Wedding / Nigerian Soldier Surprises Mum After A Year Abroad Serving US Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.