Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting (36356 Views)

I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife / Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nenkaj(m): 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
All in the name of westernization,we are loosing our sense of belonging.I don't even subscribe dt my girlfriend were bum short outside my apartment were d both of us are, not to talk about a child, tomorrow it will be d same parent DAT will say dt d child was rape....mean while you were d catalyst dt alter d rate of d reaction....D's madness.....D's is kpataaaaaaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by armadeo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
jaymejate:
That bum short is what i hate most o. Why will a mother choose that kind of dressing for an innocent child? These causes R ape . These crazy jeans is now something else. I pray this modern parent will be able to control the dressing of their children. Charity begins at home.

If seeing an 8yr old in bumshorts makes an adult sexually aroused, believe me when I say the child isn't the problem. the same adult would be aroused by a hijab wearing child.

Paedophilia is what it is. No matter how the kids dress. That doesn't mean I support nasty dressing.

4 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Ezyp(m): 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I don't see any thing wrong in wearing bum shorts and a tshirt for my daughter. The only issues I agree with is braiding or fixing their hair like adults. That's a no no for me

make up is also a no no.

If my daughter is going out she either wears all this cinderella ball gowns to kiddies party or church and or wear jeans and top.

Halter neck spaghetti and so on depends on the location

Let me tell you a true story...
.... Years back, on a faithful evening on my way to the school (university) for reading I saw guys all on blacks. I noticed two of the guys were walking slowly (sure they wanted a lady behind them to be at the same pace with them) then I heard one of them say: ABEG MAKE WE LEAVE HER THIS ONE NA DEEPER LIFE MEMEBER. The truth is they made that statement because of how she was dressed that evening.
Imagine she was on something a little provocative. I strongly believe that at little age that lady was taught how to dress decently. (it pays to cover up the body)

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by dapsy4u2(m): 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
It is time to enlighten and empower our children on sexual abuse and this book is a major strategy to achieve that.It is a universal principle in child’s protection that children have a role to play in their own protection and this must be given to them by us in their own language.“No! Don’t touch me there”, which is Mrs. Odukoya’s maiden effort on children’s literature, is one that all parents should buy, read and get their children to read. Using the story of Ade and Ada, one that is at once a biology as well as civic and sex education lesson note, the author tells in every reading what is proper and what is not, and how to interact with members of the opposite sex, whether peers or older folks. It shows parents what to do and say to their children to stave off the antics of sexual predators.

order here....................... http:///o-no-don-oat-touch-me-there-oa-1992382

order here....................... http://www.kaymu.com.ng/no-don-t-touch-me-there-754948.html

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by uzokingn(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Adaeze003(f): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
cococandy:

Thank you my dear. I feel sick when anyone says a child is dressed provocatively.
That's just sad. What's the world turning into?
We try to blame it on modernization and say that's what's spoiling our kids while in truth we are becoming more and more prudish and over sexed.
I don't even know how that combination is possible but it's happening.

Before this so called modernization, we didn't see anything wrong with child nudityy.
Even we as kids didn't know there's anything called sexy until we started maturing.

So what's the real culprit here?

Didn't we all grow up in Nigeria where kids stay outdoors all day only in panties and are non the wiser about their provocative nature? Now we see sexuality where there should be none.
It frightens me.

As for kids' fashion, some thing definitely look odd on kids. And that includes weaves, make-up or anything that makes them not look like kids. Let the kids be kids dear parents.

Below is a child in bum shorts and there's nothing sexy about that. Don't give pervs excuse to justify paedophilia as they've tried to justify rape of adults on dressing.

I was also going to ask what is sexy about a KID in bum shorts?

If you're a man and you find a kid in bum shorts sexy then, you're the sick one...

Well, that's all I got...

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by lepasharon(f): 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
The culture shock on this forum ! Pls what's wrong with a 19 yr old getting a tummy piercing?
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by abdullkabar(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
I will always respect,love and cherish my parents....they nursed us to the fullest(I pray they live long to reap what they sow and we the children successful)....Modesty is the key
Your God,your modesty,your God.....end time things anyway(im not surprise) undecided

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by bliz123: 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
My people perish because of lack of knowledge...most parents lack direction and vision for a purposeful life,so how do u intend them to teach their young ones well..mothers are to be blamed,the bad morals in our girls today is what we all c transform into bad parenting. most wife's exhibit their person in their children..i can tell who a lady is by the look of a child. Dyeing the hair on a 3year old boy.omg....most men bow to pressure from wives expecially if they want a good home.
I advise if u know the truth stay on it, either a man or woman, it pays at the end. These children will praise or curse u when they grow and know the proper truth.

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by 900warriorz: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2015
I wonder why parentz dress their children that way! sad itz so sad! You will even see some little girlz signalling to matured guyz with wrong body languages! Thatz what pushes many guyz to sleep with them. Some guyz just get turned on seeing a girlz panties on her....:| wonder what this generation is turning into...

Hey! You....dont call me a paedophile...cheesy
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by sabi99(m): 12:28am On Oct 20, 2015
Hannysmilez:
This issue don tire me. Gone are the days that parents dress daughters in tiaras and dresses. Kids no longer watch disney and the likes and it's the adults that encourage them. I recently discovered that my daughter was engrossed in a Bollywood soap because her teacher said she should watch it and 'gist' her.
hope ur daughter fine lyk u.....train her well oo abeg
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 20, 2015
nickishire:
I see nothing wrong with with kids wearing bum shorts but i dont approve of them watching such music channels cos of the high level of immorality in music videos.
ekwe!

So u can easily touch them right?
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by magicminister: 3:34am On Oct 20, 2015
Just mind your business and you will be alright.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 6:04am On Oct 20, 2015
Generals03:

Its a damn shame if you ask me. Why not get her G-strings as well to wear underneath the bum shorts? Like mother like daughter.
if I can I would. Ode! Shame on you too . When you grow up, I mean grow up and have become a parent, come and trade words with me . till then get lost undecided
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 6:07am On Oct 20, 2015
Story story . story . Once upon a time. Time time

this your super story reminds me of the stories I read in deeper life Christian women magazine. Fabricated stories

By the way the last time I checked decent and indecent is relative. What may be decent to you may be indecent to me and vice versae
Ezyp:

Let me tell you a true story...
.... Years back, on a faithful evening on my way to the school (university) for reading I saw guys all on blacks. I noticed two of the guys were walking slowly (sure they wanted a lady behind them to be at the same pace with them) then I heard one of them say: ABEG MAKE WE LEAVE HER THIS ONE NA DEEPER LIFE MEMEBER. The truth is they made that statement because of how she was dressed that evening.
Imagine she was on something a little provocative. I strongly believe that at little age that lady was taught how to dress decently. (it pays to cover up the body)
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 6:11am On Oct 20, 2015
Society is no longer anybodys yardstick for morals.i define my own morals
kennedyugo:

That's the issue.
Those that allow their children wear such equally don't see anything wrong with them.
Your view may also be according to way you were brought up.
But the truth is that there is something terribly wrong with those views in the light of our traditional societal morals. I define my own morals

It only gets worse and worse.
In fact, I have given up on this generation with regards to morals.

Everyone, you are on your own. What you sow you reap!
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Hannysmilez(f): 8:51am On Oct 20, 2015
sabi99:
hope ur daughter fine lyk u.....train her well oo abeg
lol,we do our best and just pray God does the rest.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Ezyp(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Story story . story . Once upon a time. Time time

this your super story reminds me of the stories I read in deeper life Christian women magazine. Fabricated stories

By the way the last time I checked decent and indecent is relative. What may be decent to you may be indecent to me and vice versae
OK.... Do as you wished.. But thank God the story I shared with you wasn't THEM SAY THEM SAY STORY.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by sabi99(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2015
Hannysmilez:
lol,weall do our best and just pray God does the rest.
God is ur strength, best wishes!
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ezyp:
OK.... Do as you wished.. But thank God the story I shared with you wasn't THEM SAY THEM SAY STORY.
whatever!
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:
if I can I would. Ode! Shame on you too . When you grow up, I mean grow up and have become a parent, come and trade words with me . till then get lost undecided

Lol you don vex.

Listen indecent exposure means the intentional exposure of the breats, buttocks, thigh and other sexually provocative flesh areas in public (in lands where this is not the cultural norm).

You can't do morals on your own. You have no knowledge or sufficiency to decide whats right or wrong, good or bad for your daughter on your own.
According to biblical morals, to wear a bum short exposing the laps of your daughter in public is a sin.
According to quranic standards it is a sin,
According to 99% of Nigerian cultural norms, it is wrong.

So how did you come up with your own morals that sees it as right?

You see the danger of raising kids without morals that you can point to or read in their ears is that it raises weak minded kids. Daughters who are confused at 14, when a boy talks love to them and snatches their virginity. Daughters who by the age of 15 have slept with men including their teacher who always stick his finger inside her at every opportunity.
Why do you think the society is collapsing? And marriages break here and there? And little girls start thinkinj sex, sex, sex while in Jss3?

My point; Train up your child in the way of the Lord....... Your daughter will not believe that allowing the handsome JSS2 science teacher manipulate her privates in secret places at school is wrong SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU HER MOTHER SAID SO. She has seen you made mistakes countless time and it is registered in her subconscious that you are not always right. Meanwhile what the teacher does feel sweet. Dilenma!

In order words sambarry, Im not only advising you but I'm also persuading you to stick to biblical standards as your morals/belief. (I believe you are a christain) Train your daughers with these morals. When she asks why is it wrong? Show it to her in the bible and tell her the consequencs. Ofcourse you also have to 1st embrace this way of life before you can hand it down to her. Hence.......# A unique call this minute to return to the Saviour and His standard. Years from now you will be glad you did.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by selab: 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
I do think as such dt most of the sex abused issue is being caused by the way those children dress/expose their nakdness wit d mind set of "is still a kid/child" not knowing dt ds generation we are is not like those days...
Parents should be mindful of the kind of person their kids relate with and the kind of dress to put on...
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by SAMBARRY: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
IM DONE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU

DEUCES
Generals03:

Lol you don vex.

Listen indecent exposure means the intentional exposure of the breats, buttocks, thigh and other sexually provocative flesh areas in public (in lands where this is not the cultural norm).

You can't do morals on your own. You have no knowledge or sufficiency to decide whats right or wrong, good or bad for your daughter on your own.
According to biblical morals, to wear a bum short exposing the laps of your daughter in public is a sin.
According to quranic standards it is a sin,
According to 99% of Nigerian cultural norms, it is wrong.

So how did you come up with your own morals that sees it as right?

You see the danger of raising kids without morals that you can point to or read in their ears is that it raises weak minded kids. Daughters who are confused at 14, when a boy talks love to them and snatches their virginity. Daughters who by the age of 15 have slept with men including their teacher who always stick his finger inside her at every opportunity.
Why do you think the society is collapsing? And marriages break here and there? And little girls start thinkinj sex, sex, sex while in Jss3?

My point; Train up your child in the way of the Lord....... Your daughter will not believe that allowing the handsome JSS2 science teacher manipulate her privates in secret places at school is wrong SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU HER MOTHER SAID SO. She has seen you made mistakes countless time and it is registered in her subconscious that you are not always right. Meanwhile what the teacher does feel sweet. Dilenma!

In order words sambarry, Im not only advising you but I'm also persuading you to stick to biblical standards as your morals/belief. (I believe you are a christain) Train your daughers with these morals. When she asks why is it wrong? Show it to her in the bible and tell her the consequencs. Ofcourse you also have to 1st embrace this way of life before you can hand it down to her. Hence.......# A unique call this minute to return to the Saviour and His standard. Years from now you will be glad you did.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by dapsy4u2(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
dapsy4u2:

It is time to enlighten and empower our children on sexual abuse and this book is a major strategy to achieve that.It is a universal principle in child’s protection that children have a role to play in their own protection and this must be given to them by us in their own language.“No! Don’t touch me there”, which is Mrs. Odukoya’s maiden effort on children’s literature, is one that all parents should buy, read and get their children to read. Using the story of Ade and Ada, one that is at once a biology as well as civic and sex education lesson note, the author tells in every reading what is proper and what is not, and how to interact with members of the opposite sex, whether peers or older folks. It shows parents what to do and say to their children to stave off the antics of sexual predators.

order here....................... http:///o-no-don-oat-touch-me-there-oa-1992382

order here....................... http://www.kaymu.com.ng/no-don-t-touch-me-there-754948.html

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by MusingsOfALady: 9:30am On Dec 07, 2015
Is this Sexualization of a Child?

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by MusingsOfALady: 8:41am On Dec 08, 2015
Or this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Wife’s Friend 3 Months After Wedding / Nigerian Soldier Surprises Mum After A Year Abroad Serving US Military / Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.