Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting (36359 Views)

I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife / Re: Sexualization Of Children Is Not Cute. / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
Stillfire:

I actually saw a chic in wearing that at the mall. It was a funny sight. grin

Something like this is OK as far as I'm concerned as long as she's not going to the church, mosque or office. But some people may not consider it decent.

https://fashionablestylish.files./2013/05/mid-length-shorts.jpg?w=300&h=375
lol.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by zynzyn(m): 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
MusingsOfALady:

http://oluseyeigbafe..com.ng/2015/09/sexualization-of-children.html

Characteristics of a stupid parenting generation that will eventually lead to even more stupid parenting!

Checkout the USA for prototype!

Freedom from control by others but no freedom from self (inner demons and corruption)! undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by daveP(m): 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
Stillfire:

I actually saw a chic in wearing that at the mall. It was a funny sight. grin

Something like this is OK as far as I'm concerned as long as she's not going to the church, mosque or office. But some people may not consider it decent.

https://fashionablestylish.files./2013/05/mid-length-shorts.jpg?w=300&h=375
i find it funny that one cant wear such to the boldened, but can do so elsewhere. Isnt that questionable? There was a time these were accused of not doing the needful to stop indecent dressing. Now its just a forbidden zone, an 'inasmuch' situo. Pitiable
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
coogar:

in other words, the fathers don't participate in the makossa moves the moms force the kids to dance? grin

i find this hard to believe.....

and some of the bought clothes include bum shorts?

bulbs, mosquito nets, dustpan, washing-up liquid, detergents, etc. grin

Wake up!

My mum complains more about my dressing than my dad.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by coogar: 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
daretodiffer:

Wake up!

My mum complains more about my dressing than my dad.

then we are on the same side of the argument.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
coogar:

then we are on the same side of the argument.
No, we are not. Children upbringing is not the prerogative of any parent. I will be a different person without my dad or my mum. My dress sense is inspired by both of them.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Onegai(f): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
I know a couple who pierced both their son's ears. He's 1 year old.
sad

We ran around in panties and no-one cares before. Society has become more sexualized. It's showing on our kids.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by zoom007: 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
nickishire:
I see nothing wrong with with kids wearing bum shorts but i dont approve of them watching such music channels cos of the high level of immorality in music videos.
wetin you dey yarn contradicting statements.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
Xiadnat, what sayest thou as regards the topic?

Bumshorts/sexually provocative clothings on kids ok or a no! no!?
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by YUSUPH1986(m): 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
freecocoa:
While I agree that it's less than ideal to dress up kids in the manner presented, let us refrain from saying it's "provocative" there is nothing provocative about kids when it comes to pedophiles for feck's sakes, a peadophile is already sick, will strike at any opportunity he/she gets, so how a kid is dressed has absolutely nothing to do with it.

We shouldn't dress kids as adults because they are kids and should be treated as such, it is that simple.
bt ur part need to be played. Be pre-emptive. Let modesty be ur watchword in dressing them up. A sane man wil nt give a well dressed girl 2nd luk.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by daveP(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
kuzee:
Do you want to know the reason why..
it is coz it aint your biz, everyone got their life to live with.. 1tim 4 saith, mind your biz..
if you wnt to preach to kids or parent , go ahead. .
Get your Casio Edifice , Diesel, Armani and Mechanical chronograph Tourbillion watch at an affordable price,visit link at signature
your business would have clicked with +2 customers if you didnt say that rubbish escape route already defenceless peeps use in an argument... Kids are their parents' bizness anyday anytime. Therefore........

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by dskenky(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
@Nickishire
I see nothing wrong with with kids wearing bum shorts but i dont approve of them watching such music channels cos of the high level of immorality in music videos.

This statement is sooooowrong! Nothing wrong in bum shorts for a girl KID?! Are you serious...? Dont you even have the slightest idea that wearing provocative clothing at that age attracts advances from the opposite sex..?
This kind of culture would gradually give way to RAPE!!!
Parents please have a re-think about the clothing your kids put on o!! With the onslaught of rape cases and pedophilic misadventures making the rounds; it is NOT advisable for kids to tempt the devil!Period!
my two kobo...

2 Likes

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by YUSUPH1986(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
D only lasting solution to this vice is islam. Check out d ruling of islam as regards dressing 4 female in general

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by YUSUPH1986(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
D only lasting solution to this vice is islam. Check out d ruling of islam as regards dressing 4 female in general .

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by daveP(m): 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
Onegai:
I know a couple who pierced both their son's ears. He's 1 year old.
sad

We ran around in panties and no-one cares before. Society has become more sexualized. It's showing on our kids.
i need 6 of your kind around me. (searches for thumbs up, findeth not)

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by totorimi: 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
I am sorry to say the so called parents we have today are actually never meant to be, they themselves are not matured in mind body and soul to be called parents but due to their selfish and inordinate desires they got married. They are the ones to blame, they are the ones not giving the children proper home training because they themselves lack it therefore they cannot give what they dont have.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by erumena(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
nickishire:

When a child gets comfortable wearing bum shorts @ that tender age, tell me if she won't be comfortable going naked by the time she's 18

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by bummyla(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
"What in God's world are these other children wearing?"
Our children have their lives ahead of them, let's set them on the right path by teaching them to dress decently and sing nice or age-appropriate songs. Let your children be children. Train up a child in the way that s/he should go and when s/he is old, s/he would not depart from it.

Well Said Sir!

My neigbour allows her 2 years old to call her by her first name, and if that is not enough because she is a steamtress, she always paint up this girl that most times she looks a Barbie doll not a baby any more.

At 2 year the girl knows how to paint her finger nails and apply lip sticks! And she does not see any thing wrong in that! http://www.bummyla.com

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
increase in rape cases is for that reason..Parents need to caution and train their children up in the mental regulating of God..We know the morals of the world is reducing as times advance but it doesn't mean we should demoralise and pose a young girl or boy as sexually explicit material,for then they would lose all morals at an advanced age. Make your Children look beautiful and handsome but do it in the right way
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
nickishire:

To help you see what wrong with it, ask yourself, why do adults wear bum shorts?

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by nickishire: 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
dskenky:
@Nickishire

This statement is sooooowrong! Nothing wrong in bum shorts for a girl KID?! Are you serious...? Dont you even have the slightest idea that wearing provocative clothing at that age attracts advances from the opposite sex..?
This kind of culture would gradually give way to RAPE!!!
Parents please have a re-think about the clothing your kids put on o!! With the onslaught of rape cases and pedophilic misadventures making the rounds; it is NOT advisable for kids to tempt the devil!Period!
my two kobo...

Here u go again with the word "provocative".. What is provocative about a 3 yr old wearing shorts??
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by nickishire: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
vfactor:

To help you see what wrong with it, ask yourself, why do adults wear bum shorts?

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Sunshinelady(f): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
freecocoa:
While I agree that it's less than ideal to dress up kids in the manner presented, let us refrain from saying it's "provocative" there is nothing provocative about kids when it comes to pedophiles for feck's sakes, a peadophile is already sick, will strike at any opportunity he/she gets, so how a kid is dressed has absolutely nothing to do with it.

We shouldn't dress kids as adults because they are kids and should be treated as such, it is that simple.
. Exactly my thought. Som of dese rapists will now find excuses for their actions. I dont support make up or extravagant wigs on kids, i dont mind shorts so long as it isnt too exposing. Every body shuld be decently dressed weda kids or adults. But pls no one shuld use d dressin of kids to justify d action of sick rapists beko nu!
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by kennedyugo: 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I don't see any thing wrong in wearing bum shorts and a tshirt for my daughter. The only issues I agree with is braiding or fixing their hair like adults. That's a no no for me

make up is also a no no.

If my daughter is going out she either wears all this cinderella ball gowns to kiddies party or church and or wear jeans and top.

Halter neck spaghetti and so on depends on the location

That's the issue.
Those that allow their children wear such equally don't see anything wrong with them.
Your view may also be according to way you were brought up.
But the truth is that there is something terribly wrong with those views in the light of our traditional societal morals.

It only gets worse and worse.
In fact, I have given up on this generation with regards to morals.

Everyone, you are on your own. What you sow you reap!
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by donhils: 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
If you make your comments too long it causes loss of interest. Summary should be the order of the day.
Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
nickishire:

There is a difference between knickers (regular shorts) and bum shorts.

Here below is a bum short.

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by kinah(f): 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
The change shld start frm each and everyone of us. parents who are the institution of socialization of a child. The first direct contact ain't role models bt roller coasters. Who instead of building are demolishing. Schools ain't helping matters like some I no organize beauty pageants. Every parents want their child nt to b left out. We need to brace and fight against immoral dressing for our children. #Godhelpus.

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
nickishire:
sharrrrrrraaap. U see nothing wrong in indescent dressing abi. I wonder what kind of orientation pple are having nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by gamaliel121(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
jaymejate:
That bum short is what i hate most o. Why will a mother choose that kind of dressing for an innocent child? These causes R ape . These crazy jeans is now something else. I pray this modern parent will be able to control the dressing of their children. Charity begins at home.

You are right man...kids should look and "be dressed" as kids...
Saw one video of 2 kids having sex and trying all the positions ...some I don't even know..lol..
Its fuccked up mehn

1 Like

Re: Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting by Orikinla(m): 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
MusingsOfALady:

http://oluseyeigbafe..com.ng/2015/09/sexualization-of-children.html
. May Almighty God bless and increase the wisdom of the author a thousand-fold. This is what was preached yesterday at the Shiloh Parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Yaba, as directed by our General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, because he was alarmed by the immorality of Nigerian parents who are misleading their innocent children. As I said somewhere before, I have seen better parenting among sheep and goats than among majority of Nigerian parents.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Wife’s Friend 3 Months After Wedding / Nigerian Soldier Surprises Mum After A Year Abroad Serving US Military / Susan Egenti Delivers Quintuplets After 16 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.