Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? (2229 Views)

Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors / Woman In Police Net For Using Teen Daughter To Defraud Suitors / Tough Economy Causes Scarcity Of Marriage Suitors In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by CaniiiceDim(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
DO
LADIES OWNING A CAR,
SCARE AWAY POSSIBLE SUITORS IN NIGERIA?
As Analyzed By Canice Dim
NOTE: This is not about a guy who has no car "Dating or Wooing a Car Owner...
NO!...
We re Talking About A Guy Who Has No Car Coming To MARRY A Lady Who Owns A Car".
Thank You!
Well,
It shouldn't chase away a guy who is genuinely interested in a lady.
No, it shouldn't.
But, Gentlemen and Ladies,
Read my lips as I tell you the truth and nothing but the truth; IT DOES !!!
That's the reality we see today.
Whom do we blame?
Maybe the guys that lack confidence...
Maybe the ladies that seem un-approach-able while on their steering.
Maybe the economy.
WE ARE ABOUT TO FIND OUT SOME OF THE MANY REASONS.
Firstly,
Nigerian men believe that Naija ladies hardly become rich through Sheer Hardwork.
They believe that the rich ladies must have made their fortune off a man's hustle.
So when they see a lady who drives a car, men would conclude that she is either married or engaged-to-marry.
So ladies,
The Richer You Appear thru car ownership...
The More 'Taken' You will Look, and therefore would not look available.
Secondly,
Naija men arrogates "arrogancy" necessarily to every rich lady, especially the single ones.
This sweeping generalization is wrong but I tell you, this is almost the first psychology that an average Naija guy gets once he meets a rich single lady.
Here unfortunately,
The humble rich ladies are judged wrongly.
This stereotype is carried on to the ladies who own cars, since car ownership is a sign of wealth in a third world country like Nigeria.
As a resultant effect,
Ladies who own cars tend to get limited suitors and handful of Gold-digging guys.
Finally,
Most ladies who own cars don't like dating guys who don't own one.
An average educated lady wants to date a guy whom she is not richer than.
This affects the confidence of single men that approach them.
These ladies unintentionally through their carriage, end up making these guys to look too poor and unworthy to have them.
Hence, most men that don't have a car find it difficult to "man up" while dating ladies that own cars.
Conclusively,
Many single ladies who own cars have ended up SELLING OFF THEIR CARS just with the aim of landing a suitor for themselves.
This sounds crazy...
Yea, it does to me too...
But hello,
It has worked for many ladies who have done that.
#‎whispers‬: It worked for my cousin last year. Lolzz
Ok na...
A hard-core feminist would never stoop that low sha.
No, she won't.
Over Her Dead Body.lol
Perhaps, that step might serve as the proverbial "Stooping To Conquer" for any lady who may fancy the "awkward" idea of selling off her car, pending when she gets married.
Pheew!
#‎Does_sign_of_the_cross‬
Thank God I'm Not A Lady. Lolzzz
Share Your experiences...
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
I dnt think so
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Ojemedad: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
maybe
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by ClassCaptain(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
Depends on the type of Car How can Volkswagen or Volvo scare any man away ??
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lolllll,funny and scaryshocked
i seriously dnt think so tho.
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by jamex93(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
not really

only if d guy is not confident in his self enof
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2015
ClassCaptain:
mr boy,car na carcheesy
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by xpac01(m): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Very true. But it all depends on what work she does.
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by tosyne2much(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
Even though many will pretend, but the truth of the matter is that they will not agree to the fact something like this scares them away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
jamex93:
not really

only if d guy is not confident in his self enof
mr let be sincere to ourselves,forget abt being confident and the rest,if u are a man using leg benz i dnt think the morale,that feeling of being in control will be there when trying to woo a lady using a jeep or pathfinder.

It not really easy,

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nature8(m): 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
A good thinking lady that really want a good man as a husband shouldn't buy a car, even if she has the money to do so until she get married.. Please let nobody ask me why..
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Aminat508 how true is thischeesy
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nature8:
A good thinking lady that really want a good man as a husband shouldn't buy a car, even if she has the money to do so until she get married.. Please let nobody ask me why..
lollll i go wait for d man naaaahcheesy
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by rawpadgin(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
are u cheating me
i dont care if she owns a private jet or not, as long as i like her i will go for her

the worse she gon say is NO

she ain't gonna slap me
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
xpac01:
Very true. But it all depends on what work she does.
like how?
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by ClassCaptain(m): 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
mr boy,car na carcheesy
I can't call this a Car..It is a means of transportation ..

Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Any man who is sure of himself should be able to confidently approach a lady driving a jeep even with his "leggediz Benz".

But dat one na theory. In reality most men would be reluctant to approach such a lady. Thoughts like "will I be able to maintain her?", "what if she embarrasses me" would come to mind.

So when they are going on a date, the lady would be the one to pick the guy up at his place and then drop him home when they are done. That's just...... undecided
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by lilmax(m): 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
ClassCaptain:
exactly
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lorokan sha, You're saying Spinsters should sell their cars abi? undecided
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hell No!
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
ClassCaptain:

I can't call this a Car..It is a means of transportation ..
buhahahahahahacheesycheesy and who drive such car?

Remember my days in primary school when we use to read my father's car..

Ooooooh mehn cheesy
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
VickyRotex:
Lorokan sha spinsters shold sell their cars

Not necessarily. Another option is to hope to meet a serious single guy with a car much better than hers. Not every single and searching guy is car-less.
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Car or no car,a woman remains a woman even though she cruises in a private jet..*whinks* as long as she does not sorround herself with bodyguards..i will take my chance any day.

1 Like

Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
Randyhot:
Car or no car,a woman remains a woman even though she cruises in a private jet..*whinks* as long as she does not sorround herself with bodyguards..i will take my chance any day.

I love your Spirit! cool
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
I can only answer for myself and it's a NO for me
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by xpac01(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
like how?
Do you have a car
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
adeaks:

Not necessarily. Another option is to hope to meet a serious single guy with a car much better than hers. Not every single and searching guy is car-less.

Bros, Car or no Car. It shouldn't matter, if the guy's got a Healthy Self Esteem. Like someone said, "Take Your Chances".
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by mekonglobal(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
I hv meet a working lady who parks her Venza @ home while she always board a taxi to work, even when d car is in gud condition...............Oh is dis wat she meant when i ask n she say i wouldnt understd?
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by tartarus(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
Low self esteemed men! Smh, how is this even a topic? Oh I forgot , it's nigerian men! cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
It should not scare a suitor away.
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by Suspect33(m): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
Canide dim, u don run from facebook come here cme dey hide, make i go report you grin
Re: Do Ladies Owning A Car, Scare Away Possible Suitors In Nigeria? by tpiander: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
possibly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gals Only / Who Get More Jealous Man Or Woman In A Relationship / Marathon: I’ll Love To Marry Nigerian, Says Winner Of Female Category

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.