Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (851738 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2016
feddy27:
worry359, you have come to spam this thread again abi...issorai...always sounding harsh as though anyone is obliged to answer you!

danowena, you just opted into this thread without sharing any visa interview story, or how you found a hospital or something! you come here blabbing rubbish and by the way! why did u ave to copy the NIVs...? For your information, it's at the discretion of the CBP officer to grant or refuse you entry into the US ! No matter the length of time someon is held back, you have absolutely no right to question it ! They are only doing their job! #stop spamming this thread if you have nothing to contribute# undecided

Don't let me start with you. If you have hormones disturbing you, direct it to someone else. If you are one of those rude ones, you better watch what you type. Some people that are known warriors in several sections failed at it with me. I don't remember reading any where that I must have given a VO transcript or POE transcript before I can post or contribute. I don't even remember quoting you. And who says I don't know about the discretion of the CBP? Sometimes, it is wise to keep one's stupidity in secret rather than in the open as it may earn you accolades. Do you even know the meaning of SPAMMING? I guess not.
I am tempted to write further but I will hold back awaiting a mistype from you. angry

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 10:40am On Feb 15, 2016
danowena:

Don't let me start with you. If you have hormones disturbing direct it to someone else. If you are one of those rude ones, you better watch what you type. Some people that are known warriors in several sections failed at it with me. I don't remember reading any where that I must have given a VO transcript or POE transcript before I can post or contribute. I don't even remember quoting you. And who says I don't know about the discretion of the CBP? Sometimes, it wise to keep one's stupidity in secret rather than in the open as it may earn you accolades. Do you even know the meaning of SPAMMING? I guess not.
I am tempted to write further but I will hold back awaiting a mistype from you. angry

Take several seats jor! undecided
No time to be a keyboard warrior...mchewwww!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2016
feddy27:

Take several seats jor! undecided
No time to be a keyboard warrior...mchewwww!

You made a wise choice. lipsrsealed

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2016
worry359:

Answer the question!
Did you claim vacation visit?
Or did you tell them childbirth and show doctors letters and finance available?
You must have done something to call attention to her.
worry you and this your ways of asking questions really you need to repent, you dey ask question like say Na you buy ticket for am angry

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mabels: 10:52am On Feb 15, 2016
chloe7:
worry you and this your ways of asking questions really you need to repent, you dey ask question like say Na you buy ticket for am angry

laughing in ijesha. Abeg i miss this thread jor, i can't lie

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 11:03am On Feb 15, 2016
chloe7:
there might be no need to apply for extension actually, let's see how it turns out

Some babies stay till 42 weeks, especially first babies. 38 weeks birth is pushing your luck. She can apply for an extension. It will take as long as 6 mths to 1 year but she has to apply 45 days before her stay expires. She would have had her baby and zapped before she gets a response. But she has to face the hurdle of discussing why she applied for an extension during her renewal interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

Some babies stay till 42 weeks, especially first babies. 38 weeks birth is pushing your luck. She can apply for an extension. It will take as long as 6 mths to 1 year but she has to apply 45 days before her stay expires. She would have had her baby and zapped before she gets a response. But she has to face the hurdle of discussing why she applied for an extension during her renewal interview
exactly o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 15, 2016
mabels:

laughing in ijesha. Abeg i miss this thread jor, i can't lie
abeg laugh in Ijesha and French, that is how he always asks questions like say Na hin dey feed person, rubbish

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 11:15am On Feb 15, 2016
chloe7:

I wonder o undecided why Enizo sef no post him transcript?I understand how he's feeling now but posting transcript won't take long rather than allowing pple pinch the words out of u. #justmythought

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2016
Abefeokin:

I wonder o undecided why Enizo sef no post him transcript?I understand how he's feeling now but posting transcript won't take long rather than allowing pple pinch the words out of u. #justmythought

No that's not the case my wife is not the talking type she just did 8hrs in holding after a long flight when she is good to talk I will tell her story what I wrote was what she told me for now.

From what is told me her scenario wasn't good @ all houston POE was not good or favourable for her I am happy I didn't go with her sha cos I am a short fuse basically you need to have endurance and patience but I can say this if she didn't confront the woman at the poe secondary inspection she would have stamped her for longer. My 2 kobo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by woaini(f): 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

I think she should apply for extension too and work towards not staying to even use the extension (only God knows). So she should do Her shopping now or online, find out all she needs for baby's papers and apply immediately she gives birth, start making calls concerning baby's tickets so she can port back home fast!
It's very 'doable' but for the sake of caution applying for extension is not a bad idea
Between, which doctor would certify her fit to fly back sef?
E-hugs to her, let her not even get angry over telling the truth, it pays, finally.....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

How do we apply for an extension
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 11:51am On Feb 15, 2016
Enizo:

33 weeks can I complain and apply for extension. Please help

Hi dear,

Sorry about the 2 months. It's a little tricky especially if it's your first baby because they sometimes take their royal time. However on this issue of extension on a visitors visa, there is a rule that you should not file for an extension within 3 months of arrival otherwise USCIS may assume that the extension was preplanned. Not sure how this applies when you were given a duration less than 6 months. You may need to do some research.

Alternatively since your wife is 33 weeks you could look at other options to avoid having to stay beyond the two months. Someone mentioned Induction at 38 weeks (hopefully your doctor agrees) but be prepared to review your budget because sometimes induction increases chances of an emergency c.section.

Wish you all the best. Please try to research more into the extension thing (effect of overstaying, requirements and rules for extensions and related issues ((I also read that if an extension is denied you'll be asked to leave immediately. It may be worth avoiding the extension route).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 11:56am On Feb 15, 2016
danowena:
Any one in the banking industry should please help verify. Someone I sent to first bank for MONEYGRAM is being told by the cashier that the official rate has been reviewed to 306 over the weekend. I am trying to get clarifications now if he is referring to moneygram rate or CBN official rate. I have not seen anything to the effect that CBN official rate has changed.

Oh my! I hope and pray this isn't the new position . What a time to be planning a trip. cry cry cry

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

On point
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
worry359:

[b]Answer the question![/b]
Did you claim vacation visit?
Or did you tell them childbirth and show doctors letters and finance available?
You must have done something to call attention to her.

nne nne take it easy na@ the emboldened smiley That Houston POE anything can happen mehn....

ohoo you be man sef lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Hi dear,

Sorry about the 2 months. It's a little tricky especially if it's your first baby because they sometimes take their royal time. However on this issue of extension on a visitors visa, there is a rule that you should not file for an extension within 3 months of arrival otherwise USCIS may assume that the extension was preplanned. Not sure how this applies when you were given a duration less than 6 months. You may need to do some research.

Alternatively since your wife is 33 weeks you could look at other options to avoid having to stay beyond the two months. Someone mentioned Induction at 38 weeks (hopefully your doctor agrees) but be prepared to review your budget because sometimes induction increases chances of an emergency c.section.

Wish you all the best. Please try to research more into the extension thing (effect of overstaying, requirements and rules for extensions and related issues ((I also read that if an extension is denied you'll be asked to leave immediately. It may be worth avoiding the extension route).

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
woaini:

I think she should apply for extension too and work towards not staying to even use the extension (only God knows). So she should do Her shopping now or online, find out all she needs for baby's papers and apply immediately she gives birth, start making calls concerning baby's tickets so she can port back home fast!
It's very 'doable' but for the sake of caution applying for extension is not a bad idea
Between, which doctor would certify her fit to fly back sef?
E-hugs to her, let her not even get angry over telling the truth, it pays, finally.....

@bolded just might be her saving grace at renewal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Hi dear,

Wish you all the best. Please try to research more into the extension thing (effect of overstaying, requirements and rules for extensions and related issues[b] ((I also read that if an extension is denied you'll be asked to leave immediately. It may be worth avoiding the extension route).[/b]

By the time the extension is denied, she would have returned home. It takes a while to even get a response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bj2012golf(m): 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=chloe7 post=42931491]

LOL! Ii'M her everyday but hardly drop coomments
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 12:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
Enizo:

Please I need to complain about their action so if you have any channel I can channel my complaint also how do we apply for extension
Honestly, there is little or nothing you can do. I copied the NIV because the embassy is the link between us and their government. Perhaps on reading it, they may be able to use one of their channels in addressing such actions at the POE. From a personal point of view, I believe 8hrs wait after a long haul flight is too much for a pregnant woman. But you also said her Tommy is not protruding so it is possible they didn't realise she was pregnant. Fighting it may only put you under the spotlight and I wouldn't advise you go down that route.

nefertitiram:

follow her advise but please note the possible repercussions she mentioned. I once asked the NIV questions relating to simple change of flight within the time frame one was stamped in, and the response I got amazed me. Although I used the vacation as the example when I asked.
You can direct your questions to them directly as they are in the best position to give you an official solution. Use this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/79#42539921
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Oh my! I hope and pray this isn't the new position . What a time to be planning a trip. cry cry cry

I just dropped by @ access bank money gram is 255 to a dollar

Hope it helps so if you are sending send now o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by wolefola: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
About the extension issue,a colleague of mine was delayed for 7hours and later stamped for 2weeks and that was what she used to request for the extension that she was delayed for 7hours after a long flight due to that her leg got swollen and had some health implication on her and her doctor signed that she was not fit to fly,gbam it was extended.Even in her own case she did not declare she insisted she came for shopping and when she was ready to for s second journey she did drop box and dey invited for an interview and she went with her zero balance receipt of the previous birth and her visa was issued. I think its more of confidence grace and favour and not to show some kind desperation.Anyhow sha the truth pays.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
Enizo:

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajokeadegold: 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=shrekandfiona post=42585686]

I don't know how pm's work, but you can send me one let me see if I can access it. I rented a shared 2 bedroom in southwest houston for 700$. Came furnished with my toilet/bath but had to share the kitchen. About 20mins drive to oakbend

Hello Shrekandfiona, could you kindly share any information on accommodation close to Oakbend plus this one above you referred to in your thread. My email is ajokegold@gmail.com. Thanks a lot. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
Enizo:

Thanks....Na wa o.. So the moneygram rate has truly changed. cry. . But that firstbank's 305 is outrageous. I am still on the issue.
Someone in their HO said they will get back to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by hopefulme: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
danowena:
Any one in the banking industry should please help verify. Someone I sent to first bank for MONEYGRAM is being told by the cashier that the official rate has been reviewed to 306 over the weekend. I am trying to get clarifications now if he is referring to moneygram rate or CBN official rate. I have not seen anything to the effect that CBN official rate has changed.

Did money gram today for 267.7.Not a funny feeling right now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damidamsel: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
hopefulme:

@hopefulme, pls what bank was that and had you applied before now?

This dollar issue is now a serious SOS cry for help oooooo. Just began my $$ hustle and i have only 2wks to my trip but 'the town is not smiling at all ooo'.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by hopefulme: 2:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
damidamsel:

@hopefulme, pls what bank was that and had you applied before now?

This dollar issue is now a serious SOS cry for help oooooo. Just began my $$ hustle and i have only 2wks to my trip but 'the town is not smiling at all ooo'.

diamond. Was on queue for 3weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ajujuju: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
hopefulme:

Pls what bank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60