Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (854386 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
Errrm sorry at a fee? She's already cash-short dear, can't you assist her in the little way u can? #mytots#

emeldamicheals:
@ @Emeriem, I totally understand u. Am not saying the advices other mothers are giving u are wrong but we all know how it is. Different mothers different hearts. Kids are not easy but mom's love for their kids is anoda ball game.
Personally, I am the type that cannot leave my children 4 that long even for one million dollars. My heart will never be at rest cos no one can take care of my child the way I will. The last thing I want is bothering my head with 'who knows what is going on with my kids'. My husband is no go area. Leaves in d morning, comes back at night plus travels occassionally. Personally, I insisted that if I don't travel with the kids then I will cancel the trip. Thats why I am going with them and my mum.
If u or any oda mum is going to elpaso btw feb and april while I am there and staying at intown suites. Maybe we can baby sit at a FEE but something cheaper than taking to day care etc. Not a GUARANTEE but DOABLE. As long as our schedules don't clash.
My kids happens to like playing too much self so will have play mates and study mates.
Also, if u trust leaving ur kids with someone u just met.
I will personally need babysitting, the day I will give birth since I will like my mum to be with me in d labour room.
Thats my contribution.
Good morning peeps....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
Took dem words ryt outta mi buccal cavity my dear!

favoredgal:
I dint know pregnant mothers baby sat other people's kids for a fee!! shocked shocked

Is this another way of making money to supplement the birth money?

Sounds weird; I mean why not just help if you wanna help....that's me though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sorry Madam. I will keep my playful nature out of nairaland

quote author=Ijelenne post=42880710][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lmao!

nefertitiram:

I will give you the remixed version too for a fee grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Let's get the context right.

The fee issue came up as a random "possibility", suggested by emeldamicheals (please see her post) in order to ease mothers' stress.

From the tone of her post, it was said with good intentions.

Even TheLeakyTribe said that the reference to fee, was suggested as a trade by barter structure: babysit for me, I babysit for you type arrangement.

I don't believe that anyone has / or intends to do that.

before we turn a non existent issue into a big one...let's just take a step back.

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
modath:

You just dull yasef for Chi town aswear, think of how much you could have made on top K head! tongue , thou art very unsharp! cheesy

Azzin! I jst de think d matter. Those sleepless nights I carried K bobo so you can catch some shut eyes! I dull ooo! By now I for done arrange one beta Michael kors handbag from babysitting FEES! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
Seriously! If such arbitrage opportunity exists, it seems like a very profitable business o. I must look into this

allen0000:

US$ 1000=3882.4 Ghana Cedis

3882.4 Ghana Cedis =199,050 Naira

US$ 1====3.8824 Ghana Cedis

1 Ghana Cedis =51.27 Naira

US$ 1.....582.87 CFA

582 CFA =198.98

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
For the CFA / Bene /Seme USD angle,

Please confirm before you head towards Seme border. The arbitrage you seek may not be accessible.

I hear (unconfirmed) Ghana is not selling USD to Nigerians anymore as there has been an influx of Nigerians doing this same thing...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
anonymousmum:

Please confirm before you head towards Seme border. The arbitrage you seek may not be accessible.

I hear (unconfirmed) Ghana is not selling USD to Nigerians anymore as there has been an influx of Nigerians doing this same thing...

Cameroun and Niger still de dia fa!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
nefertitiram:

Cameron and Niger still de dia fa!

LOL! Which airline them dey take go to those places?

Make una no go kill their economy o...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
Guys,

Please let's take it easy on this Madam. Don't let's forget that we are all from different backgrounds and see things differently. What's obvious to Lady G might not be so obvious to Anonymousmum or Mrs Bee. It's all about perspective. For example, someone that grew up in America would not see a big deal in charging neighbours for Babysitting while Tbaby that grew up in Osogbo will be like 'is that a joke?'

That said, Emeldamicheals, it's customary to help fellow mothers free of charge. You will be surprised, you will make lifetime friends.

I can categorically say that I did. I would have mentioned names but I have forgotten their monikers and can't mention real names.

anonymousmum:

The fee issue came up as a random "possibility", suggested by emeldamicheals (please see her post) in order to ease mothers' stress.

Even TheLeakyTribe said that the reference to fee, was suggested as a trade by barter structure: babysit for me, I babysit for you type arrangement.

before we turn a non existent issue into a big one...let's just take a step back.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
My mum called a cousin in Ghana on friday and he said dollar was 360 naira or so.

allen0000:

The best, Go to Accra or Benin Republic and buy Dollar or transfer via Western Union/Money Gram, or if u have someone in Accra or Benin he/she can transfer via western union or money gram, their rates are far more better
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
anonymousmum:

before we turn a non existent issuey into a big one...let's just take a step back.

Thought it was being blown out of proportion too. I had to go and read again. It was a suggestion, if it's not favourable find an alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
@The mama that is on a tight budget. Do you have any family or friends in the US. I'm one of those mothers who can't leave her baby(any child less than 5 years old) when off to deliver (my mind cannot take it).

If you have any friends/ family, start by asking them if they'll be willing to take 3 days off work to help babysit when you go to the hospital? (I had lots of family and friends who point blank told me not to come with my son) I thanked them for being truthful with me as I heard many horror stories of babies being locked in the room, toilet, basement (being maltreated) when mom was in the hospital.
Going to have a baby in the US takes it's toll too emotionally so not everything is money.
I wish you the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sayoberry(f): 12:43am On Feb 14, 2016
mabels:

we are here o 5th journey shayoberry. how are the twins doing?

abeg where is my darling phema, bloggerina and uncle tvagas?

i miss you all and miss here.

fifth??!!! now you are the guru.
justwise how far na? I don miss you o. you don see wife?

I was thinking of going for round six ni... but the twins ehn! they have really dealt with me. I'm finally closing shop.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 12:56am On Feb 14, 2016
@ Emeriem, am not deliberately ignoring ur PM. I just can't accept. Taking me to sth else. U can email me directly emeldamicheals@gmail.com

Seems am d only one still awake. Sleep no gree enter my eye.

Good early morning everyone and Happy Sunday.

I gotta try and catch some sleep now.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 14, 2016
Hello just to announce my wife just left for houston some hours ago.
PTA obtained from stanbic p 210.

Wifey got an upgrade from economy to b class I still don't understand this part though she flew airfrance and she was told stuff about sky priority.

POE has been handed over to God will give details once she's through it and please if any one understands how she got the upgrade pls tell me.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ijelenne: 2:13am On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=Enizo post=42903779]Hello just to announce my wife just left for houston some hours ago.

Wifey got an upgrade from economy to b class I still don't understand this part though she flew airfrance and she was told stuff about sky priority.

POE has been handed over to God will give details once she's through it and please if any one understands how she got the upgrade pls tell me.[/quot

If she's a frequent flyer of Air France/KLM she probably must have been registered for the loyalty programme whereby you accumulates points for miles covered within a specific. Period.

They have different categories of levels you could be at based on how frequent you fly them just like most international airline belonging a particular loyalty programme. For example I belong to Turkish air Miles and Smiles and I get upgraded each time I fly them unless the business class is fully booked. So I am pretty sure she got upgraded based on the fact that she has accumulated a lot of points from her previous trips with the airline and as a way of saying thank you to her for flying them frequently is nothing but to upgrage her to the business class. That's a nice oooo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 3:41am On Feb 14, 2016
nefertitiram:

U can change your name to

Iwasoncechicagoboundbutreroutedtohouston

*tongue out*

Choi, nefertitiram yaf officially finished me. Lmao
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 6:02am On Feb 14, 2016
Happy saint valentine's day mummy's and daddy's in the house!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 7:19am On Feb 14, 2016
Nice and cool. I pray for a good POE experience too.

Was it still stanbic H/Q Lag she got her PTA. When was that and did she apply 2 weeks prior.
Thanks...

Enizo:

POE has been handed over to God will give details once she's through it and please if any one understands how she got the upgrade pls tell me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 7:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Mamas PLS help oooo, I need dollar to balance hospital fee O. Been swipping GTB and ACCESS @285&290 respectively, and the account is shedding tears already. Pls any bank sending Moneygram or Western Union in Abuja?? Hubby tried so hard before he traveled yet it was futile and had to buy black market. Pls help O.

Also, am in Dallas, will it be better to get Naija Visa for Lo or ETC??. Pls kindly put me through. help me O, I'm so frustrated right now. cry cry cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2016
sayoberry:

fifth??!!! now you are the guru.
justwise how far na? I don miss you o. you don see wife?

I was thinking of going for round six ni... but the twins ehn! they have really dealt with me. I'm finally closing shop.

Lol...you still dey remember dis wife matter? grin I don change my mind na reverend father I wan be now grin

Good to see you here again

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 9:22am On Feb 14, 2016
Enizo:

How far with POE report? There seems to have been good reviews concerning Houston POE of late. It is most likely her travel history with the airline's association. Then it could be they just decided to upgrade her due to her condition so she can have more room (airlines are sometimes magnanimous).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
anonymousmum:

You heard right.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2016
Hello everyone please is there any mum or mum to be traveling 1st week in March to soulcare Houston precisely.pls holla
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Dayeur24: 2:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hello everyone, my wife and I are to depart nigeria 2nd week of April and we've contacted oakbend medical centre in houston and got a fairly good package from Dr Ziwortin in terms of fees. Has anyone here ever used him? or could another doctor be recommended with an equally good package?

What good and affordable furnished and secured accommodation could one get not so far apart from intown suites for 1000 USD/per month or less?

how secured and comfortable is intown suites just incase we settle for that?

Finally we have a relative in Dallas and could stay there, Grand Praire to be precise, which would be cheaper to sustain ourselves if we live with her, but can't seem to get a hospital and doctor with similar costs as oakbend medical....

can anyone please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bouqounmie(f): 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
Please do you know if JPS offers VBAC and the likely cost? Thanks

MiddyO:
So JPS get this kin package?? Never knew O. Abeg, how did you get it? And how can I get the package. I'll love to birth in Dallas cos of accommodation. As I dey now enh, dollar dey commot water for woman pikin "sontin" grin.

Is your free accommodation in Tarrant County? If so you can get your hosts to assist you in getting a Tarrant County Residents ID which is what you need to show at the hospital to qualify for the JPS OB Pack.

All you need to get the ID is 2 Utility bills from your host and a driver's license. The host has to go with you to the nearest driver's license office to sign an affidavit.

Take along your international passport and pay $16 dollars. You get a temporary ID same day and your permanent ID the following week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
firsttymum:
Prolify I've been replying u.... Are you getting it,?.. Drop ur email or something

Thanks firsty,wld respond ASAP,it was initially giving issues.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Vlesparza: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
wellscon:
Hello House and Good spirited Nigerians,

I am a newbie on this section..I can see people are very helpful here in answering questions.I am thinking my wifey should go have her delivery in the US though EDD is still more than 5 months away.However,I have a few questions and i will appreciate the experienced mommies and daddies in the house to help:

1.Apart from Elpaso which I got to know on this forum, is there any cheaper hospital to give birth in the US? We do not have any relative in US and my wifey will probably stay in a rented apartment during her stay.
2.At what time should one start the visa application process?
3.How many month's account statement is required at the embassy.

1. Although El Paso hospitals very cheap in comparison to other hospitals, overall prices (groceries, taxi, clothes, hotels, etc) are about the cheapest in the nation, which make up a very big part of the expenses in the trip. Because El Paso is on the border of the United States, Maternity tourism has been specialized in this city and is very convenient and straightforward. Try reading previous pages and you may find other alternatives that may offer a similar price.
2. As soon as possible DO NOT wait, the sooner you start applying the sooner you know if you are rejected or not and may reapply if you want. Also, if you apply before you are pregnant it is probably easier to get a visa. Lastly, by applying soon you can contact the doctor of your choosing to help with the letter of acceptance to help you in your application. Do not even bother getting a letter from the hospital, they will typically not send one.
3. As many as you can. Look prepared, be prepared. The more documents you walk in to your interview, the less likely the will ask for them.

Best of luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by wellscon: 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
Vlesparza:

1. Although El Paso hospitals very cheap in comparison to other hospitals, overall prices (groceries, taxi, clothes, hotels, etc) are about the cheapest in the nation, which make up a very big part of the expenses in the trip. Because El Paso is on the border of the United States, Maternity tourism has been specialized in this city and is very convenient and straightforward. Try reading previous pages and you may find other alternatives that may offer a similar price.
2. As soon as possible DO NOT wait, the sooner you start applying the sooner you know if you are rejected or not and may reapply if you want. Also, if you apply before you are pregnant it is probably easier to get a visa. Lastly, by applying soon you can contact the doctor of your choosing to help with the letter of acceptance to help you in your application. Do not even bother getting a letter from the hospital, they will typically not send one.
3. As many as you can. Look prepared, be prepared. The more documents you walk in to your interview, the less likely the will ask for them.
Best of luck!

Thank you @Vlesparza. You are blessed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.