Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855074 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
I am not sure if you are in the US or not. To answer your question, if you are abroad, hubby or anyone can send Moneygram to you, you will just Google the nearest agent location and go with your ID to receive it.

If you are here, you need to look for someone that can receive and then go and pay it in.

Congrats on your tripple blessings.

Nogen:
This money gram thingy, can I use it to pay medical bills? Pathology discounted bills were sent to me and I need to pay them. Less than 600 dollars for myself and the triplets. If yes, please, how do I go about it?

Wanted to use form A but the pathology office in El Paso isn't releasing their account details. Please , someone should help me before dollar hits 1000 naira to 1 dollar. T
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
Emeriem since you are in Abuja someone suggested this jaiz bank, my sister went there and she said they are selling, but you need to open an account with them, when I got to standard chartered too they said you need to open an account and fill the form then subject to CBN approval they will sell to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeriem: 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
I'm not in Abuja my dear. I live in Lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sorry dear. Have you tried StanbicIBTC?

emeriem:
This Pta issue is frustrating me now. My flight is this weekend. Went to several banks today, no luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
I have sent you a private email.

emeriem:
I'm not in Abuja my dear. I live in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
happytbaby:

I went to stanbic ibtc today na so so play dem use me play they said I should wait for two weeks that I have to give them two weeks notice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
On this PTA issue, if we get our money sent to the US somehow somehow, what do one use at POE if the money in the US isn't in ones account? Just thinking of means to get money across there as my trip is in April but who knows how we'll be getting dollars in March.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
mrsbw:

Yes you can, if someone can receive it fir you there and take it to their office to pay

Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 9:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
happytbaby:

I am not sure if you are in the US or not. To answer your question, if you are abroad, hubby or anyone can send Moneygram to you, you will just Google the nearest agent location and go with your ID to receive it.

If you are here, you need to look for someone that can receive and then go and pay it in.

Congrats on your tripple blessings.

Thanks so much..will do just that. I'm in Nigeria now.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
Option 1: if you have a US account, have them deposit the money in it, print your statement online and hold

Option 2: Find someone coming home soon, let them bring the dollars back for you.

quote author=omodadi post=42953739]On this PTA issue, if we get our money sent to the US somehow somehow, what do one use at POE if the money in the US isn't in ones account? Just thinking of means to get money across there as my trip is in April but who knows how we'll be getting dollars in March. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeriem: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
happytbaby:

yes dear i was at their head office today ... they wont even book me. The guy at the window said i must book at least 2 weeks before my travel date
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Mummylicious(f): 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hello sweetmothers!heading to dulles soon,staying in maryland.please mk una help o!i bin wan pay doctor n hospital(hold d receipt)also some cash.wats ur take.God bless y'll
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
emeriem:

yes dear i was at their head office today ... they wont even book me. The guy at the window said i must book at least 2 weeks before my travel date
i was there today too the guy at the first window told me the same thing and he told me to email my visa, ticket, Bvn phone number and passport biodata page to this email address below maybe you should do that too. Cheers
sibtcbdcltd@stanbicibtc.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
favoredgal:
I really sympathize with everyone planning a trip now

These are terrible times to be incurring expenses in foreign currency. The lord is y'all wallet.

Firsttymum I think that your 2 infant bag was a fluke
Ennyo:
@happytbaby,
@ Firsttymum, i guess they have changed that policy. it's one luggage(ie 23kg) cry
wow! Are you for real? Thank God ooooo.... I count myself so so lucky
vcole:
hmm firstymum that's how a friend of mine (nefertitiram knows her) returned 2 weeks ago and after i had informed her of the latest 2 boxes of 23kg each policy for infants, she even printed it out online. united no gree oh! said system no let them check in 2 infant boxes so e no let them print baggage tags. she paid for the extra even after several "back and forths" with their supervisor.
My eyes are popping out... Like Wtf.
Wow wow..... I'm lucky then... Very very lucky.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
happytbaby:

Ennyo, you may have to consider other issues like being delayed at Houston airport because that's where United will port you.I personally will not agree for my enemy to fly United even if they are doing 100k promo and she got her visa for delivery.

Houston POE; distressful to Naija preggies since 1902

I thought she's going back to Naija.... To Naija then United.
To us Hmmmm.... Abeg o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tyosho: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
Enizo:

How do we apply for an extension

When I went to have my first baby in 2012,I was given just 3wks becos I failed to inform them I was pregnant.
I applied for a four month extension and was given.I renewed my visa vie Dropbox a year later,wasn't called for an interview and still got my 2year visa.Exact same thing happened to a friend that travelled a couple of days after me.
So fret not.Go online,read up on extending your I-94(or so).The most important thing though is your application MUST get to USCIS before the expiration of the 2months given to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
tyosho:

When I went to have my first baby in 2012,I was given just 3wks becos I failed to inform them I was pregnant.
I applied for a four month extension and was given.I renewed my visa vie Dropbox a year later,wasn't called for an interview and still got my 2year visa.Exact same thing happened to a friend that travelled a couple of days after me.
So fret not.Go online,read up on extending your I-94(or so).The most important thing though is your application MUST get to USCIS before the expiration of the 2months given to you.
nice one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
tyosho:

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
chloe7:
I went to stanbic ibtc today na so so play dem use me play they said I should wait for two weeks that I have to give them two weeks notice

Ask for rebecca @ stanbic she is level headed and nice avoid the short man with agbada suit I killed him in my mind.

She won't give you but drop ur name with her
Tell them u sent an email but it came back as email full.

That's why u came directly.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
chloe7:
i was there today too the guy at the first window told me the same thing and he told me to email my visa, ticket, Bvn phone number and passport biodata page to this email address below maybe you should do that too. Cheers
sibtcbdcltd@stanbicibtc.com

After all the 2 weeks stuffs is still a scam I saw the give two ladies without pre booking sha.

Do the email as told but still go back and b a coporate nuisance when u go avoid sitting just keep standing it seems to piss the short guy off

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bmanbaba: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
I bless d lord for the arrival of my little prince today. Mother and child are doing fine. Father and big sister are doing great also. Lol.

Please house, kindly advice on how to go about baby's documentation : step by step. I just told them I will like then to fast track the birth certificate. Pls whats the next tin After the Bc and how do we go abt this.

I am so happy.

Thank to the whole house for all the contributions comment, replies to pms.

Pls help with my questions. Thank u all

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 12:24am On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

After all the 2 weeks stuffs is still a scam I saw the give two ladies without pre booking sha.

Do the email as told but still go back and b a coporate nuisance when u go avoid sitting just keep standing it seems to piss the short guy off
The short guy is Mr. Femi and I'm quite shocked u are pissed at him. He was kind and helped us but I agree that standing ticks them off. No time to form aje o!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:54am On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

Ask for rebecca @ stanbic she is level headed and nice avoid the short man with agbada suit I killed him in my mind.

She won't give you but drop ur name with her
Tell them u sent an email but it came back as email full.

That's why u came directly.
kikikikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

The short guy is Mr. Femi and I'm quite shocked u are pissed at him. He was kind and helped us but I agree that standing ticks them off. No time to form aje o!

LG that man judged the book by its cover didn't even look @ three pages I am a civil engr and run my own firm I am easily caught wearing a Jean @ any time I noticed the man was busy regarding peeps corporately dressed I had to jettison my Jean for the cooperate attire.

Shamefully he spoke rudely to me when I asked the same Q everyone seemed to be asking. fast forward to my collecting pta the dude came back and told me my agent need re validate my wife's ticket I was stunned a pressed him to explain apparently in his haste. To discredit me he didn't know how to confirm air france flight booking and he didn't want to ask he rather made me feel I was scammed by an elderly agent I immediately called agent up and spoke rudely to him.

He insisted I was wrong and ask I log in myself to my amazement I did and it logged in the dude could not even apologise I just looked @ him and told myself peep like him are sad peeps with sad history.

All he has is stanbic he should learn to treat people politely
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by dtone: 3:15am On Feb 16, 2016
Pls where is ds jaiz bank?

chloe7:
Emeriem since you are in Abuja someone suggested this jaiz bank, my sister went there and she said they are selling, but you need to open an account with them, when I got to standard chartered too they said you need to open an account and fill the form then subject to CBN approval they will sell to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:03am On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

LG that man judged the book by its cover didn't even look @ three pages I am a civil engr and run my own firm I am easily caught wearing a Jean @ any time I noticed the man was busy regarding peeps corporately dressed I had to jettison my Jean for the cooperate attire.

Shamefully he spoke rudely to me when I asked the same Q everyone seemed to be asking. fast forward to my collecting pta the dude came back and told me my agent need re validate my wife's ticket I was stunned a pressed him to explain apparently in his haste. To discredit me he didn't know how to confirm air france flight booking and he didn't want to ask he rather made me feel I was scammed by an elderly agent I immediately called agent up and spoke rudely to him.

He insisted I was wrong and ask I log in myself to my amazement I did and it logged in the dude could not even apologise I just looked @ him and told myself peep like him are sad peeps with sad history.

I'm sorry u got treated like that o! Me too was dressed in jeans cos that day ground no settle. Maybe na cos u no get eyelash to batt cheesy anywayz! Thank God that phase is over! Phew
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:46am On Feb 16, 2016
I just bought my ticket, it's United but not Houston POE, my departure is bin operated by Luftanza(Lagos -Frankfurt- Newark- Houston) while my return is Houston - Lagos. Any other POE, I'm fine except Houston POE. I even saw Frankfurt- Washington-Houston sef. Booked it at their office in Ikeja yesterday. Try and avoid that POE pls! My Couz saw hell!!

Ennyo:
@happytbaby, The thing my destination is Huston and that's like the only direct flight to Huston.

@ Firsttymum, i guess they have changed that policy. it's one luggage(ie 23kg) cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 6:00am On Feb 16, 2016
Amother4life:

I doubt the embassy ......
You are correct, the embassy MAY not bother getting involved at all but no harm in making displeasure known. I never said they were same departments. All I intended to say is that they have a communication channel. I am speaking from experience. It's just like saying because they are different depts, CBP's can't read your transcripts. The embassies remain the link between any country and foreign states. I remember in 2003 as a trainee, I was sent to the US (Louisiana) along with senior colleagues ( europeans, etc) for some business but got ill treatment from the US coast guards. We gave a report to our office and were told they would take it up with US embassy in london. Later we got feed back that we shouldn't worry as it won't happen again. We went back there 3 more times and were never ill treated again. We never got apologies but bottomline is that the ill treatment stopped. Perhaps because my company is a known multinational so they were able to pull the right strings (I dunno).
Although,like I advised enizo, trying to fight it won't put him in a gud light as it may even lead to complications in future. But at same time, we can't seat and watch while ill treatment continues. We can atleast make a statement without doing aluta. Just like I said, we should be glad she wasn't even sent back because those CBP's can do and undo. One have to be extremely cautious with them.Even in IAH, I joke with most of them but under extreme caution.
@Enizo ,I believe you have gotten guides on what to do. May God almighty guide you to the most favourable path.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by danowena: 7:49am On Feb 16, 2016
On this PTA issue, I tire o o. Someone got $4,000 PTA @ 201 from Access bank yesterday although he had booked for over a week. I didn't ask his travel date as we deviated into other talks.

For those wanting quick response form A application, you can try skye bank. A friend got his funds transferred by them within 3 days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by osat82(f): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2016
Hello everyone
I am a newbie, this forum is just wonderful I have been able to learn a lot from people’s experience dating back to 2010. I applied a couple of weeks ago and was not successful, after going through all the post I don’t blame the embassy for not approving my application. I am planning to apply again and want to make sure I have everything in place.
I have narrowed my choice down to hospital of providence el paso and Houston North west, I want to know if anyone has an idea of affordable accommodation close to hospital of providence el paso and Houston North west? Please!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2016
Enizo:

Chai na my darling darling you dey vex for like this shocked
I don't know him from Adam o but he was very nice to me and make sure I was attended to quickly the day I bought.
@ Enizo I apologise on his behalf biko cheesy

Uhmmm POE coming soon grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 9:08am On Feb 16, 2016
osat82:
Hello everyone
I am a newbie, this forum is just wonderful I have been able to learn a lot from people’s experience dating back to 2010. I applied a couple of weeks ago and was not successful, after going through all the post I don’t blame the embassy for not approving my application. I am planning to apply again and want to make sure I have everything in place.
I have narrowed my choice down to hospital of providence el paso and Houston North west, I want to know if anyone has an idea of affordable accommodation close to hospital of providence el paso and Houston North west? Please!!!
Hello, there's no custom made answer to your accommodation question o but I will suggest you try this :
1)get a pen and paper,write down the full address of the hospital including the zip code (usually 5 nos)
2)Google short let apartments/accommodation around 12445 (I.e the zip code) you will see options.click on each option to check their address,rates and ratings if any.
3)Open Google maps in a new window and input the address of the hospital to the address of the hotel/accommodation and it will tell you the distance/how many minutes walk/drive/cycling etc.
Cheers

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.