Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,242 members, 7,829,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (855082 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
Please o dear mama's and dads please anyone that has bought PTA in any bank in Lagos should please share here, I have been to almost all the head offices no luck o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
danowena:

Thanks....Na wa o.. So the moneygram rate has truly changed. cry. . But that firstbank's 305 is outrageous. I am still on the issue.
Someone in their HO said they will get back to me.

Sendin to the US is 255 while sending to China is 303
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ennyo:
Good morning everyone,

I would like to make some enquires about United Airline.,How good is the flight and are they baby friendly?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Yes they are.
I enjoyed my flight.
Guess what infant is entitled to 23kg x2.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cosd(m): 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
MiddyO:

I think you should let them know that you are a self paying patient, and you are not covered by insurance. Call or visit their office ask to speak with a supervisor. My initial Epidural bill was $15k but after speaking with them over the phone it was reverted to $1600. Which is the normal price for the prepaid service.

good day madam, pls can we get to talk, I need to ask u sum few questions. I sent u a mail. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
Lol cheesy
Enizo:

So you registered today to assist with accommodation. The only one thing where money will exchange hands, Abeg oga add phone number and address to the email so I can solve ur problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
hmm firstymum that's how a friend of mine (nefertitiram knows her) returned 2 weeks ago and after i had informed her of the latest 2 boxes of 23kg each policy for infants, she even printed it out online. united no gree oh! said system no let them check in 2 infant boxes so e no let them print baggage tags. she paid for the extra even after several "back and forths" with their supervisor.
firsttymum:

Yes they are.
I enjoyed my flight.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
My friend just told me her bank has reviewed to 240. It may be bank-specific. It's not funny at all

F63X:Duquote author=TheLeakyTribe post=42938925]

Oh my! I hope and pray this isn't the new position . What a time to be planning a trip. cry cry cry [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Saved2Serve: 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
hmm! nefertitiram you still dey this thread? you are one of the oldies i met here many "years" ago. mummy phema and fabulous mum set. i hope they haven't made you mod here yet? Are you on your 4th missionary journey? grin
nefertitiram:

Some babies stay till 42 weeks, especially first babies. 38 weeks birth is pushing your luck. She can apply for an extension. It will take as long as 6 mths to 1 year but she has to apply 45 days before her stay expires. She would have had her baby and zapped before she gets a response. But she has to face the hurdle of discussing why she applied for an extension during her renewal interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ennyo, you may have to consider other issues like being delayed at Houston airport because that's where United will port you.I personally will not agree for my enemy to fly United even if they are doing 100k promo and she got her visa for delivery.

Houston POE; distressful to Naija preggies since 1902

firsttymum:

Yes they are.
I enjoyed my flight.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ennyo: 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
@happytbaby, The thing my destination is Huston and that's like the only direct flight to Huston.

@ Firsttymum, i guess they have changed that policy. it's one luggage(ie 23kg) cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
happytbaby:
My friend just told me her bank has reviewed to 240. It may be bank-specific. It's not funny at all

F63X:Duquote author=TheLeakyTribe post=42938925]

Oh my! I hope and pray this isn't the new position . What a time to be planning a trip. cry cry cry

Went to Sterling Headquarters today. They said the reviews are as suggested by CBN. They weren't able to do any moneygram transactions today sef. The guy said they only did one the whole of last week and today their server was down.

One puzzling thing he said is that moneygram transactions are now limited to one transaction per quarter. I hope I heard wrong oh please did anybody hear this? I'm going back tommorow.

Meanwhile exchange rate is now 345 at black market. God help us. Who knows whether it's just better to buy now before we begin talk 400. Even though my trip is in March.

Is there any hope of it coming down before March? Lord have mercy cry cry cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Saved2Serve:
hmm! nefertitiram you still dey this thread? you are one of the oldies i met here many "years" ago. mummy phema and fabulous mum set. i hope they haven't made you mod here yet? Are you on your 4th missionary journey? grin

You for just kukuma call me metuselah for hia! lolz! We still de hia, you know I had to repeat journey 1, after all my mates graduated. But at least, anyway is a way! I de plan second missionary journey, although my oga is in another part of Nigeria, maybe we go bluetooth the matter! Hugs!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
I really sympathize with everyone planning a trip now

These are terrible times to be incurring expenses in foreign currency. The lord is y'all wallet.

Firsttymum I think that your 2 infant bag was a fluke

Enizo what hospital is she using? Fortbend county is more efficient than Harris. If it's oakbend or Methodist sugar land then she can get all her documents in a week and clear out ASAP. Before you file for extension she should open up to her dr about the possibility of an induction at 38 wks
There are also other ways to induce labor naturally

Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
danowena:

Honestly, there is little or nothing you can do. I copied the NIV because the embassy is the link between us and their government. Perhaps on reading it, they may be able to use one of their channels in addressing such actions at the POE. From a personal point of view, I believe 8hrs wait after a long haul flight is too much for a pregnant woman. But you also said her Tommy is not protruding so it is possible they didn't realise she was pregnant. Fighting it may only put you under the spotlight and I wouldn't advise you go down that route.

follow her advise but please note the possible repercussions she mentioned. I once asked the NIV questions relating to simple change of flight within the time frame one was stamped in, and the response I got amazed me. Although I used the vacation as the example when I asked.
You can direct your questions to them directly as they are in the best position to give you an official solution. Use this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/79#42539921

I doubt the embassy will even bother getting involved in such matters especially since they both belong to different government agencies. The embassy is under the Department of state while the CBP is under Homeland security. Another reason people are told that visas only take you as far as POE while CBP determines if you even get in and for how long. So, there is nothing to complain about in my opinion since they were simply doing their jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sleekender(m): 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=bj2012golf post=42930614][/quote]

Please can you give me the contact details for Dr. Z?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sleekender(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
mulberry:

Hi, my SIL used Dr z in Nov last year and no complaints from her. I do not have a personal experience though. For oakbend, u can try soul care but u may ve to share kitchen and bathroom wit ur budget.

Please can you give me the contact details for Dr. Z?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
This money gram thingy, can I use it to pay medical bills? Pathology discounted bills were sent to me and I need to pay them. Less than 600 dollars for myself and the triplets. If yes, please, how do I go about it?

Wanted to use form A but the pathology office in El Paso isn't releasing their account details. Please , someone should help me before dollar hits 1000 naira to 1 dollar. T
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sleekender(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dayeur24:
Hello everyone, my wife and I are to depart nigeria 2nd week of April and we've contacted oakbend medical centre in houston and got a fairly good package from Dr Ziwortin in terms of fees. Has anyone here ever used him? or could another doctor be recommended with an equally good package?

What good and affordable furnished and secured accommodation could one get not so far apart from intown suites for 1000 USD/per month or less?

how secured and comfortable is intown suites just incase we settle for that?

Finally we have a relative in Dallas and could stay there, Grand Praire to be precise, which would be cheaper to sustain ourselves if we live with her, but can't seem to get a hospital and doctor with similar costs as oakbend medical....

can anyone please help.

Please can you give me the email/phone number for Dr. Ziwortin ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Please I have a quick question. Do you need to wait for the social security number of your LO to arrive before you apply for the US passport? Is the birthcertificate alone sufficient. I'm asking cos the hospital said the official birth certificate will be ready in less than a week but the social security takes 12weeks. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
Kemo88:
Please I have a quick question. Do you need to wait for the social security number of your LO to arrive before you apply for the US passport? Is the birthcertificate alone sufficient. I'm asking cos the hospital said the official birth certificate will be ready in less than a week but the social security takes 12weeks. Thanks

Some passport offices will accept the application without a SSN others won't. Ours was rejected at the post office and we had to go back when the SSN came through. The good news is that it doesn't take 12weeks. You should get the SSN within 9 business days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nogen:
This money gram thingy, can I use it to pay medical bills? Pathology discounted bills were sent to me and I need to pay them. Less than 600 dollars for myself and the triplets. If yes, please, how do I go about it?

Wanted to use form A but the pathology office in El Paso isn't releasing their account details. Please , someone should help me before dollar hits 1000 naira to 1 dollar. T

Yes you can, if someone can receive it fir you there and take it to their office to pay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeriem: 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
This Pta issue is frustrating me now. My flight is this weekend. Went to several banks today, no luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
My dear,

There is no indication it will get better.

Try and see if you can at least buy your PTA now. Don't know if they Will sell to you yet though. Also, you may try sending to people in the US to hold for you.

TheLeakyTribe:

Went to Sterling Headquarters today. They said the reviews are as suggested by CBN. They weren't able to do any moneygram transactions today sef. The guy said they only did one the whole of last week and today their server was down.

One puzzling thing he said is that moneygram transactions are now limited to one transaction per quarter. I hope I heard wrong oh please did anybody hear this? I'm going back tommorow.

Meanwhile exchange rate is now 345 at black market. God help us. Who knows whether it's just better to buy now before we begin talk 400. Even though my trip is in March.

Is there any hope of it coming down before March? Lord have mercy cry cry cry

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
happytbaby:

My dear,

There is no indication it will get better.

Try and see if you can at least buy your PTA now. Don't know if they Will sell to you yet though. Also, you may try sending to people in the US to hold for you.

Thanks dear, I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
No dear. In the space for social security number write zeros. Some people actually apply for SSN when they get to Nigeria.

Kemo88:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
emeriem:
This Pta issue is frustrating me now. My flight is this weekend. Went to several banks today, no luck
not only you o, I entered almost all head offices today no luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.