Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529795 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ebonmic: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Freshest04: 10:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Hi everyone, please i need help with planning on ny mother's visit to the Uk. I need her here after my child delivery by March next year. She is currently not working, supported by family. My father is not working either. We are just an average income family. Only landed property is village house and a couple of lands in town (family resides in rented flat). My husband (british citizen) and I are the sponsors for her but I'm worried cos we dont exactly have a tangible account balance. Hubby earns about 2k pounds after taxes per month but account balance is usually wiped by month end. And i earn about 1k.We are definitely able to sponsor the trip and all her maintenance but i'm concerned about looking good on paper. We are looking for how to best prove she has ties and would not resort to working. And by the way, she has not travelled before. Some years back she was rejected uk visa on grounds of insufficient finances when she had a business. But the business is shut down now. We have considered
1) a short trip to dubai
2) paying in significant sum of money each month
3) get her employed
Just in totally clueless. Please help!!! cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by juliette123: 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi everyonesmiley...quick question please...do I apply directly via the visa4uk site or the new service link For a standard visitor visa...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
I got my 2-year U.K. Visa today. Thanks to Justwise and other people and all the best to everybody processing theirs.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
kooloosaw:

Please how do I stop this? Should I give an explaination or just be quiet about it and hope it won't affect me?

I eventually did mentioned this on my application and explained to them I misinterpreted the question to mean if I had someone in the U.K. That was a British Citizen and since my brother was not, I ticked "no". Also included that I now know better and I will complete my forms according to UKVI guidelines. I was granted my visa. All these people need is adequate explanation and honesty.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
Freshest04:
Hi everyone, please i need help with planning on ny mother's visit to the Uk. I need her here after my child delivery by March next year. She is currently not working, supported by family. My father is not working either. We are just an average income family. Only landed property is village house and a couple of lands in town (family resides in rented flat). My husband (british citizen) and I are the sponsors for her but I'm worried cos we dont exactly have a tangible account balance. Hubby earns about 2k pounds after taxes per month but account balance is usually wiped by month end. And i earn about 1k.We are definitely able to sponsor the trip and all her maintenance but i'm concerned about looking good on paper. We are looking for how to best prove she has ties and would not resort to working. And by the way, she has not travelled before. Some years back she was rejected uk visa on grounds of insufficient finances when she had a business. But the business is shut down now. We have considered
1) a short trip to dubai
3) get her employed

I don't think you should worry yourself over this most especially if your mother is over 60, beside she is coming in as a trusted hand to babysit for you while you are away,....You finance's is in good order if you ask me,how many households takes home £3K a month ?.Begin the application any moment from now and put her travel date to that period you will put to bed,explain all that needed to be known....Wish you best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
babybird82:
Good evening everyone.
Pls my family is meant to be going for summer holidays next year but my husband has just been informed that he will be sent on training around the same time by his company.

My questions are:

1) It's a 5 days training, what will be the visa validity given to him?

2) Can he extend his stay to accomodate the time we will be spending together as a family?

3) Since he will probably already have gotten his visa before we apply, how do we proceed since as he will be a co-sponsor of the trip.

4) I got a 6 months visa in 2013 and travelled twice with it, I spent 5 days and 11 days respectively. This will be my first renewal. Can I go ahead and apply for same 6 months visa as the kids? Kids passports are virgin.

Thanks in anticipation.

1. Probably 6months multiple entry visa

2. That will be almost impossible, very rare will such in-country extension be granted.

3. He will give you all needed documents to attach to your application.

4. You can apply for 6 or 2 yrs it's up to you, then your kids 6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
nonoski:
Good day
Pls @ justwise how many months to the expiration of my international passport before I can apply for visa.

Some one said I need at least 6 months validity to apply for visa.

6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
juliette123:
Hi everyonesmiley...quick question please...do I apply directly via the visa4uk site or the new service link For a standard visitor visa...

Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
kooloosaw:
I got my 2-year U.K. Visa today. Thanks to Justwise and other people and all the best to everybody processing theirs.

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by juliette123: 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Thanks Justwisesmiley please see attachment as I had already started with that option but had to be sure cos of that info on the website...Gracias
justwise:

Yes.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
juliette123:
Thanks Justwisesmiley please see attachment as I had already started with that option but had to be sure cos of that info on the website...Gracias

As long as you got that from this link https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Then yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jangirova: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2016
hello, Pls I need to know if using diff application centres for biometrics (Ikeja&VI) as a couple travelling 2geda ( cos we cldnt get the same day in VI ) has any negative bearing on the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
kooloosaw:

How did you pay for visa fees with the restrictions on cards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jangirova: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
jangirova:
hello, Pls I need to know if using diff application centres for biometrics (Ikeja&VI) as a couple travelling 2geda ( cos we cldnt get the same day in VI ) has any negative bearing on the application.

Justwise and other gurus pls kindly respond to this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Freshest04: 12:24am On Nov 25, 2016
Thanks for ur response. She is in her late fifties. I'm really concerned becis i definitely need her here when the baby arrives. I don't know how i will deal with a refusal. We want to apply by January.
Solatium:

I don't think you should worry yourself over this most especially if your mother is over 60, beside she is coming in as a trusted hand to babysit for you while you are away,....You finance's is in good order if you ask me,how many households takes home £3K a month ?.Begin the application any moment from now and put her travel date to that period you will put to bed,explain all that needed to be known....Wish you best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Freshest04: 12:25am On Nov 25, 2016
Justwise, can i please get ur input here. Trying to cover my bases. Thanks

Freshest04:
1) a short trip to dubai
3) get her employed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
To all those who is worried of paying your uk visa fees online get a paga account registered call the customer service number to request account upgrade to level 2 which will enable you load upto 100k to 500k then when they upgrade u call to ask for funding send your money to paga account and your online account will be credited once ur acct is credited login to uksite make payment select page and pay simple no hassle of bank limit dollar wahala and so on
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nyems8129(f): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2016
Hi everyone, I experienced so many challenges while trying to pay my Visa fee but thanks to UBA Prepaid Card (Dollar Dominated) I was able to pay without any agent's assistance. Just walk into any UBA branch and request for a PREPAID CARD. (You don't need to have an account with the bank). You'll be guided on how to activate the card once you've registered and made deposit into your account. The card is Instant and you'll be charged 10USD as card fee. Hope this helps someone and best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
jangirova:

No it doesn't.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
Freshest04:
1) a short trip to dubai
3) get her employed

1. No that will not help if she doesn't meet the requirement UK visiting visa

2. Again that will be seen as account building purely for visa procurement

3. Yes that will make a great difference

If you and your hubby can comfortably sponsor her then give it a try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
Aibisoye0:

How did you pay for visa fees with the restrictions on cards

Funded a friend's dollar account and she made the payment for me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xtonuns(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hello Guys, please I need ur help...I plan to visit UK for a week to write an exam..please what visa type do I need and what visa subtype...waiting for ur response..Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xtonuns(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
xtonuns:
Hello Guys, please I need ur help...I plan to visit UK for a week to write an exam..please what visa type do I need and what visa subtype...waiting for ur response..Thank you

Am going for a day exam...I want to be sure am filling the correct answers reason for visit :visit(as I can't see exam), visa type:Tourism(as I can't see anything suitable)...please justwise and other gurus in the house I need ur help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xtonuns(m): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
xtonuns:

Am going for a day exam...I want to be sure am filling the correct answers reason for visit :visit(as I can't see exam), visa type:Tourism(as I can't see anything suitable)...please justwise and other gurus in the house I need ur help

Or reason for visit:visit
Visa type:business(because am going to write an exam)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Divine88: 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
justwise:

Then give it a try again and see how it pans out. You can't really know until you get the outcome
Am about to submit. Should I also include both my UK bank account statements (up to £2000) and my Nigerian bank account statement (peanuts).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Afrojazzz: 2:53am On Nov 27, 2016
I was refused spouse visa on financial terms last year I can't remember my parent DOB which I used on my formal application I intend to apply again but I don't know what to write in that section should I just write not know ? Because I can't remember what I used the last time thanks all the guru
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mzjennypher(f): 7:52am On Nov 27, 2016
Good day house, pls my salary is paid twice every month into diff accounts savings n current. i have been building my savings account as i intend submitting only the savings account without current account. pls house is it wise to submit just one and explain on the additional information? i want to submit only the savings cos there's is nothing in the current n i have been moving funds to the current before i move to savings (for building the savings account statement)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Boerhavia: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2016
@justwise.@house. Pls bro I built an account for my UK visa processing, it been thr for a while and can be explained but recently I withdrew some money to invest(mmm and my personal registered bussiness) which is ready to be put back into my account.how do I explain it and hope it hasn't spoilt the process. Pls urr reply is important. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2016
xtonuns:

See if my attachment answers your question

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2016
Divine88:

Am about to submit. Should I also include both my UK bank account statements (up to £2000) and my Nigerian bank account statement (peanuts).

Sure you can submit both

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.