Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525000 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlover1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
dearie:

God bless you sir.
Please do I duplicate all the supporting documents in both applications or just put them in the mothers application and refer to the mothers application in the baby's application.

Please duplicate. It's safer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mzjennypher(f): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
Good day House,
please how long does it takes to do biometrics at the vi office, i want to plan myself as regards the excuse i would take at work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
mzjennypher:
Good day House,
please how long does it takes to do biometrics at the vi office, i want to plan myself as regards the excuse i would take at work.
Depends on turn out of applicants for that day, could be more than an hour.

If you want to waltz in and out, pay the extra £100 I think, for VIP service.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 01, 2016
Prof Justwise, thanks for your response. I earn 240k, while my wife earns a180k, though after deductions here and there it is less.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2016
Hi house, I am new to this forum and I have been following it thou. I need a help about my visa application that I submitted and the reason for my refusal. Details of the Eco below....

Please any advice will be welcome and what are my chances of reapplying because I submitted 45 pics with my application.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2016
If you submitted pictures of your marriage and other pictures of you and your spouse, then you should reapply immediately because the main reason for the refusal is lack of picture evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 9:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Yes I did submit our pictures but my concern is how the Eco couldn't see our pictures but I am thinking maybe I should do coloured photocopy of those pictures because I think people at the TLS are faxing the documents I submitted that day and I ask the guy on the counter why not sending faxing the pics and he said it will spoilt there fax machine. What do you think I should do about the pics now advice.... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Georgiedey(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2016
Good-afternoon all,please should i b worried because i put in my application on the 14th Nov, while my expected date of travel and return is 28th Nov and 7th Dec. meanwhile no decision has bn made on my application till date,although my leave expires on the 12th Dec.
would these count for or against me as am getting very disturbed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
If you are a applying for uk visa now,you need to make photocopies of all supporting documents and they must be in A4 size if you want it to be scanned to sheffield office as thats where they make decisions now. I will advise you re apply immediately with the picture evidences they required and make sure you didnt alter anything in the form you filled before.But can state in the additional note that you have attached the photo evidences and dont forget to make copies in A4 size it could be colored or black and white cos thats what the machine accepts for scanning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
@ Godfrey,you dont need to be worried about the date,if they assess that you have good ties in the country and you have good cost of travel,your intended date of travel means nothing since you are not going for a conference and i hope they already email you that your application has been received in sheffield?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chuckdee(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good day all... Please what is the current visa fee for a 2 year Visit (standard visa)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Goodday house, please I need a detailed response to my question, thanks

I have been invited to the UK by a world youth organisation from February next year spanning till November, and I have been sent all supporting letters from gilwell stating 'sponsorship', now my concern is with these papers I have and having done the TB test and confirmed healthy, will my visa be approved and will I have to be interviewed again like USA does? Lastly, pls what is the current cost of TB test because i sense a foul play yesterday...#47500...Please I require an answer all...God bless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
dearie:

God bless you sir.

Please do I duplicate all the supporting documents in both applications or just put them in the mothers application and refer to the mothers application in the baby's application.

Duplicate to be on the safeside
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Kaleydd2000:
Prof Justwise, thanks for your response. I earn 240k, while my wife earns a180k, though after deductions here and there it is less.

That is reasonable amount, good thing that you are planning ahead. If you saved up for it your chances are high
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Captgb:
Hi house, I am new to this forum and I have been following it thou. I need a help about my visa application that I submitted and the reason for my refusal. Details of the Eco below....

Please any advice will be welcome and what are my chances of reapplying because I submitted 45 pics with my application.

Did you upload those pictures during your online application and submit the same set of pictures at the visa centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Dammysmart:
Goodday house, please I need a detailed response to my question, thanks

I have been invited to the UK by a world youth organisation from February next year spanning till November, and I have been sent all supporting letters from gilwell stating 'sponsorship', now my concern is with these papers I have and having done the TB test and confirmed healthy, will my visa be approved and will I have to be interviewed again like USA does? Lastly, pls what is the current cost of TB test because i sense a foul play yesterday...#47500...Please I require an answer all...God bless!

1. Did you apply directly to world youth organisation and was invited or through an agent?

2. What document did they send to you?

3. Do you work or run your own business in Nigeria?

4. I really don't the cost of TB
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
justwise:

1. Did you apply directly to world youth organisation and was invited or through an agent?

2. What document did they send to you?

3. Do you work or run your own business in Nigeria?

4. I really don't the cost of TB

1. Yes, I applied and was selected and the youth organization is scouting

2. Sponsorship letter to include that they are sponsoring my feeding, accommodation and Any other thing

3. I work, I am a teacher
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
justwise:

Did you upload those pictures during your online application and submit the same set of pictures at the visa centre?

Sir I did not see any where in the form to upload the pictures and if you can please help out because I am about to submit a new application but I have done all the pics color photocopies.... So I will like to know where one need to upload those pics online in the form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
@captgb If you read up,I have explained to you that you have to make your photos in a A4 Size or photocopy them,so the the scanning machine can scan it..There is no where on the application form to upload pictures. The machine will not scan any supporting documents thats not in A4 SIZE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 11:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
The VFS officer attending to you will be the one to scan the pictures when submitting the application.Remember to be consistent with what you filled in the last form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 12:05am On Dec 02, 2016
scott509:
The VFS officer attending to you will be the one to scan the pictures when submitting the application.Remember to be consistent with what you filled in the last form.

I am really greatful for your response and I have filled the form online and submit it and those pictures done the coloured photocopy now into A4 paper size lastly do I need to include my bank statement since am applying for EEA family permit visa....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 12:17am On Dec 02, 2016
You are welcome..You need to include everything you included in your last application and other relevant supporting documents but ensure everything is done in A4 size so they can scan everything online to sheffield.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2016
Captgb:

Sir I did not see any where in the form to upload the pictures and if you can please help out because I am about to submit a new application but I have done all the pics color photocopies.... So I will like to know where one need to upload those pics online in the form

I guess that is a change that comes with the new form or EEA application form.

Your refusal is not a difficult one to address since its just lack of pictures. Make sure that those pictures are dated originally and not superimposed on them. Pictures without date on them will be suspicious because its difficult to know when they were taken.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:15am On Dec 02, 2016
Dammysmart:

1. Yes, I applied and was selected and the youth organization is scouting

2. Sponsorship letter to include that they are sponsoring my feeding, accommodation and Any other thing

3. I work, I am a teacher

Ok as long as the IV and the whole arrangement are genuine then good.

Are you going to get a year long leave of absence from your school to allow you travel and stay that long?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 8:20am On Dec 02, 2016
justwise:

Ok as long as the IV and the whole arrangement are genuine then good.

Are you going to get a year long leave of absence from your school to allow you travel and stay that long?
Yes, I will be welcomed back anytime i come back, but pls do you think I need a letter to substantiate this to increase my chances of being approved of the visa and if yes, would I upload it all at the visa office??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2016
Dammysmart:
Yes, I will be welcomed back anytime i come back, but pls do you think I need a letter to substantiate this to increase my chances of being approved of the visa and if yes, would I upload it all at the visa office??

Yes you need a letter stating that you can return.
Otherwise it's just your word
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2016
justwise:

I guess that is a change that comes with the new form or EEA application form.

Your refusal is not a difficult one to address since its just lack of pictures. Make sure that those pictures are dated originally and not superimposed on them. Pictures without date on them will be suspicious because its difficult to know when they were taken.

The copies of the ones I have with me don't have a date and our wedding pictures has no date because I think the camera they used then but there's a change in our looks or any idea on how to do the reprint and see if I can get date at the back of the print out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:21am On Dec 02, 2016
Captgb:

The copies of the ones I have with me don't have a date and our wedding pictures has no date because I think the camera they used then but there's a change in our looks or any idea on how to do the reprint and see if I can get date at the back of the print out

How old is the oldest picture among them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2016
You dont need dates on picture,they will actually know it's a different days pictures.Not all pictures have dates they just want evidence of relationship thats all. Even myself when i first applied 2013 they denied me because i didnt put my family evidence and i re applied in just a week and added marriage certificates,child birth certificate and our pictures without altering anything in the form i filled in the previous application and i was granted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2016
Dammysmart:

You need a letter from your school written with the school letterhead and stamped explaining all that and to state categorically that you will be coming back to your teaching job at the end. Yes the letter has to be uploaded AND also submitted physically together with other documents you have at the visa centre.

You need to also attach your salary account and payslips for at least 6months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chrisbam(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2016
Good morning house, Pls to the pros on this, I need ur help on what to do.

My mom age 63 living with my dad(retired) was invited by my brother, British citizen in UK for the Christmas/holidays. She had been on same type of visit to the uk twice before now on 2007 and 2010.

She applied in 2014 but was refused because she didn't indicate savings and properties etc.

She applied recently and was refused as seen in the letter.
But most of the transactions credited in her acct are from money sent to her from UK by her son over there thru webpay agents.

Although this wasn't explained in her application form and also she didn't specify exactly how much she spends monthly on expenses, and I think this was an issue, she plans to reapply immediately so she can meet up with the holidays to see her grandkids.

She lives with my dad and I don't know how he can outline how she is been supported on a day to day basis by her family in his consent letter.

Pls whats the best thing to be done in this case, or she shouldn't bother to reapply considering the reasons in the refusal letter attached, thank you all, pls ur kind suggestions will help a long way.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chrisbam(m): 10:32am On Dec 02, 2016
The other page

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.