Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526099 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

Hello dear.

Yeah I have a mortgaged house occupied by wife and i only. So accommodation is not a biggie. About the credit rating, what do I need it for though? Am not borrowing for my mother inlaw's trip. Lol. We have all the necessary pregnancy and antenatal appointments documentation including the expected delivery date. It's called a MAT B form.

[/b]By middle of duration of stay, you mean 3 months on a 6months visit visa?[b]

Yes

So, like Justwise suggested, state a reasonable period of stay and stick to it for the purpose of renewal.

Is this your first child? If yes give traditional reasons for mama to stay long enough for the period you are requesting for. Your mortgaged apartment with ample space for mama will be helpful.
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
amaeve:

Thank you for your reply, I just [/b]registered my business this month[b]. I have my dad and siblings here. Please I intend presenting my business certificate and bank statement to them with permission letter from my dad. Will these be enough to stand as my strong ties?

A nascent coy needs the presence of its owner. Also, it means you are submitting a month old bank statement? Permission from your dad is outrightly irrelevant.
Your strong tie for now is the company. Grow it logically, transact all biz with supporting docs. Have proper records for all your undertakings........in February 2018, give it a go.

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
Believe13:
justwise, i know am suppose to go through the trend,my apologies.

when i applied then ,it was somebody that filled the form for me. understand there are changes now . my income is 200k now ,married now with a kid . planing a 2 week holiday in the uk. my passport is presently with US embassy intend picking up by nextweek so i can apply for UK nextweek .my leave start next month.

i did US my self ,i release its best you apply yourself after going through nairaland. this forum is really really helpful.God bless everyone contributing to this forum.

am still going through the thread but your kind assistance now will be highly appreciated.

Thanks alot .

My advice to you will be, use your US visa, then come back and applied to UK with your family.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2017
XXCASH:
Guys need your help

I did biometrics[b][/b] on 2nd June,[b][/b]got a mail from UKVI on 14th (TLS is wicked), checked and can see that UKVI decided on 20th

Why no update on TLS site. I want to travel on Thursday to meet up an engagement on Friday

I'm considering going to TLS on Wednesday 28th June. What's your advise

Biometrics on same day at TLS Abuja has retrieved d applied 2years Visa yesterday 23rd with visa stamped 21st. If this will help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
nairacountry:

Yes

So, like Justwise suggested, state a reasonable period of stay and stick to it for the purpose of renewal.

Is this your first child? If yes give traditional reasons for mama to stay long enough for the period you are requesting for. Your mortgaged apartment with ample space for mama will be helpful.
Cheers

Yes, first baby. I would talk about the traditional/emotional attachment where my wife needs her mother during and after the birth.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dammy2good(f): 12:42am On Jun 25, 2017
Hello All
My partner decided to deposit 500k in my account for ticket without my knowledge although it was stated as for ticket fee, Hope it would not be seen as lodgement as am thinking of cancelling the whole process.. can I state him as part sponsor , but will doing so involve me bring his statement of account? On grounds that I do not attach his statement can I be denied because he is not ready to part with his statement.. ibo men always hiding their money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dammy2good(f): 12:48am On Jun 25, 2017
ekpotek:

Ask you stock broker or fund custodian to give you a letter for the ECO. This will cost between N2000-N3000. The letter will basically give a valuation of the stocks. Then write a cover letter to the ECO and explain that you intend to fund the trip from the potential sale of your stocks. If you want to sale the stocks now, you will still need a letter from your stock broker to satisfy the ECO that the fund came from sale of your stocks

Hello All
My partner decided to deposit 500k in my account for ticket without my knowledge although it was stated as for ticket fee, Hope it would not be seen as lodgement as am thinking of cancelling the whole process.. can I state him as part sponsor , but will doing so involve me bring his statement of account? On grounds that I do not attach his statement can I be denied because he is not ready to part with his statement.. ibo men always hiding their money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by XXCASH: 8:54am On Jun 25, 2017
nairacountry:

Biometrics on same day at TLS Abuja has retrieved d applied 2years Visa yesterday 23rd with visa stamped 21st. If this will help

Thanks. From what I see, the DHL option is just a waste.

So when did u get the mail and when did TLS update your tracking info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 10:50am On Jun 25, 2017
XXCASH:

@XXCASH please which of TLS did you submit? what is Abuja, IKeja or Victoria Island. Also how did you check to know that UKVI made a decision on the 20th.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by XXCASH: 11:09am On Jun 25, 2017
yispa:

@XXCASH please which of TLS did you submit? what is Abuja, IKeja or Victoria Island. Also how did you check to know that UKVI made a decision on the 20th.
Thanks.

@Yispa, TLS Victoria Island. Use the link below to check

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus

Meanwhile when did you submit yours and where
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 11:20am On Jun 25, 2017
Hello @justwise and Co.

Thanks for the good works, as stated earlier still assembling my doc. For my Visa Application. My questions re thus:
1. do I need my Husbands letter of consent for my Trip?
2. How much should I state as cost of my Trip?

3.my annual leave starts ending of Sept. I intend travelling early Oct. When is d right time to apply for Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
yispa:

Thanks.
@ XXXCASH I submitted at Ikeja TLS office on the 6th of June.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
yispa:

Thanks.
@ XXXCASH I submitted at Ikeja TLS office on the 6th of June

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
dammy2good:

Hello All[b]
My partner decided to deposit 500k in my account for ticket without my knowledge[/b] although it was stated as for ticket fee, Hope it would not be seen as lodgement as am thinking of cancelling the whole process.. can I state him as part sponsor , but will doing so involve me bring his statement of account? On grounds that I do not attach his statement can I be denied because he is not ready to part with his statement.. ibo men always hiding their money

Sure the ECO will view it as money lodgement for visa purpose. Your partner should have waited for your to secure the visa first! You will need to really explain this amount to the ECO and back it up with adequate documentation if you still proceed with the application. Another option is to liquidate this amount from your account before printing the bank statement. Your partner is an unreliable sponsor as he/she is not yet your family member. The ECO would want you to show evidence that you can foot the whole trip at your own expenses as this is a vacation. Bringing in your partner as a part sponsor is a red flag and shows a lack of strong ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
adoox2:
Hello @justwise and Co.

Thanks for the good works, as stated earlier still assembling my doc. For my Visa Application. My questions re thus:
1. do I need my Husbands letter of consent for my Trip?
2. How much should I state as cost of my Trip?

3.my annual leave starts ending of Sept. I intend travelling early Oct. When is d right time to apply for Visa.

1. Not necessary unless you are a minor

2. Do maths (airtickets, hotels, local transport, tickets for tourist sites, shopping, meals)

3. Now is the time. This is summer time and pick period for tourists visiting Europe
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adoox2: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
ekpotek:

1. Not necessary unless you are a minor

2. Do maths (airtickets, hotels, local transport, tickets for tourist sites, shopping, meals)

3. Now is the time. This is summer time and pick period for tourists visiting Europe

Noted, thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
XXCASH:

The decision was made 21st got a decision mail from TLS 23rd by 10am and available for pick same 23rd around 1pm. I didn't trail true TLS but ukV web and it shows DECIDED only on 21st despite visa issued two days earlier. Mind you, I still checked ukV web late 22nd & got access denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
dammy2good:

Hello All
[/b]My partner decided to deposit 500k in my account for ticket without[b] my knowledge although it was stated as for ticket fee, Hope it would not be seen as lodgement as am thinking of cancelling the whole process.. can I state him as part sponsor , but will doing so involve me bring his statement of account? On grounds that I do not attach his statement can I be denied because he is not ready to part with his statement.. ibo men always hiding their money

If by partner you meant husband, please go ahead with your application. Just remember to put YES where the question of "Is any other person paying for your trip?" Then state a good reason where asked why.

If a common law partner, Hmmmm.....you can still go ahead.

If no evidence to show who he is to you. Forget it. Just transfer back to the same account. Let him pay for the ticket once approved.

However, if the amount is not significant to what your closing balance is; say 500k out of #2.5M+, you can give it a shot.

[/b]NB: to all concerned; I got visa with 38days old bank statement. The statement was printed earlier for a different purpose but later used for UK. Submitted exactly 38days after print-out coz bal in the account at the moment of UK submission wasn't smiling ☺ ☺ ☺[b]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
nairacountry:

If by partner you meant husband, please go ahead with your application. Just remember to put YES where the question of "Is any other person paying for your trip?" Then state a good reason where asked why.

If a common law partner, Hmmmm.....you can still go ahead.

If no evidence to show who he is to you. Forget it. Just transfer back to the same account. Let him pay for the ticket once approved.

However, if the amount is not significant to what your closing balance is; say 500k out of #2.5M+, you can give it a shot.

[/b]NB: to all concerned; I got visa with 38days old bank statement. The statement was printed earlier for a different purpose but later used for UK. Submitted exactly 38days after print-out coz bal in the account at the moment of UK submission wasn't smiling ☺ ☺ ☺[b]
What was the account balance in the statement of account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olufemiopa: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Dear All,

Is it a must for the invitation letter to the UK as visitor to be signed or it is also acceptable when sent as a word file and telephone number is included for confirmation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
XXCASH:

Its just frustrating, My Wife applied & did Biometrics since 23rd of May at Ikeja TLS,It was "Decided" on 13th of june but uptill now no Email from TLS or embassy on her passport where about,before we can talk about DHL, because she also did DHL option since we dont reside in Lagos. Her travelling date is fast approaching because she is travelling for a conference and we dont even know if her application is successful or not,. US Visa procedure is never this hard to get back your passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by huey99(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2017
huey99:

Thanks very much for your reply, I have been able to fill the application but I am stuck at the payment procedure. I tried using my access visa card and even the paga payment systems on the ukvi site but it has both been unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

Thanks

cc: ekpotek n justwise please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2017
huey99:

cc: ekpotek n justwise please help

I don't know how to help. If read back, many have similar complain on payment issues. Some got the solution by using a foreign card to pay. Some where lucky paying with paga. Still others commented that using the old online application portal will accept Naira cards. Just read backward and try all the solutions offered.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by XXCASH: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Austine2020:
Its just frustrating, My Wife applied & did Biometrics since 23rd of May at Ikeja TLS,It was "Decided" on 13th of june but uptill now no Email from TLS or embassy on her passport where about,before we can talk about DHL, because she also did DHL option since we dont reside in Lagos. Her travelling date is fast approaching because she is travelling for a conference and we dont even know if her application is successful or not,. US Visa procedure is never this hard to get back your passport.

That's about 10 working days. Contact them if you don't get anything on Wednesday. It stated on their site that if you don't get a response in 10 working days, you should contact them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by HunkyPumpin(m): 10:05am On Jun 26, 2017
Dear All,

Should I be worried? Please see the mail below:

Dear XXXXX,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXX
For: XXXXXXX

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause.

We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible over the coming days.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2017
Thanks for the advice.
My husband is not interested in the UK. So I want to visit the UK for like 8days ,don't think I will to stay 2weeks anymore cos after I return ,will be travelling to US. Am going alone. I have more people in the UK(friends and family) than US and to be honest prefer UK to US. Though never been there. Lol!

nairacountry:

My advice to you will be, use your US visa, then come back and applied to UK with your family.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2017
adeptonlin:

What was the account balance in the statement of account?

About 9m closing balance with turnover of around 21m within the 6months printed. Corporate Account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 10:54am On Jun 26, 2017
HunkyPumpin:
Dear All,

Should I be worried? Please see the mail below:

Dear XXXXX,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXX
For: XXXXXXX

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application remains under consideration.

We have previously communicated our customer service target for non-settlement applications as 15 working days. Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service target. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause.

We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible over the coming days.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section
@HunkyPumping
What date did you submit/biometrics and which of the TLS center did you use?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 10:55am On Jun 26, 2017
@nairacountry
Am going to the US with my family but UK alone. Have always wanted to visit UK so my husband decided that a give it a try again after 4yrs of taking a break.

Note: have only applied once and was denied back then . reason was finance . salary poor. 48k then but have commission from sales .( statement of account was 800k) not lump sums built it over time. Was engaged then and the same was stated in my application.

Reason for denial: basically because of my salary that other income was based on commission and that I might not return . I even added my wedding IV card and that was also going for shopping. But VO officer thought otherwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Believe13:
@nairacountry
Am going to the US with my family but UK alone. Have always wanted to visit UK so my husband decided that a give it a try again after 4yrs of taking a break.

Note: have only applied once and was denied back then . reason was finance . salary poor. 48k then but have commission from sales .( statement of account was 800k) not lump sums built it over time. Was engaged then and the same was stated in my application.

Reason for denial: basically because of my salary that other income was based on commission and that I might not return . I even added my wedding IV card and that was also going for shopping. But VO officer thought otherwise.

Having a US visa does not conferred any advantages for a U.K. visa because the two countries operate different systems of evaluating an applicant. In fact a Scenghen visa is more stronger than a US visa for U.K application. Having said that, your success will depend on the intention of your visit and supporting documents. With a previous UK visa refusals, you need to really package your application to avoid another refusal. That means, your job, income, bank balance and family ties in Nigeria and the U.K. will be the deciding factors. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.